Dreaming with Elsa (En, Sp, Fr, It, Ge)

Complete and totally free games (the author can request a non-obligatory financial contribution in thanks or to help him to create new game)

Re: Dreaming with Elsa

Postby nale » Tue, 16Mar08 22:09

tlaero wrote:On PlayforceOne it's settling in at 3rd place with a rating of 89.85, between Getting to Know Christine (89.96) and Jordan 500: HCC (88.55).

Wait a second: With Redemtion for Jessica with 96 and if DwE is third and you say Getting to Know Christine ist better. Does it mean that you are actually the author of all the three best rated games on PlayForceOne? If it's true i want to really congratulate you ;)
nale
sirens hunter

sex: Masculine

Postby LRM » Wed, 16Mar09 00:08

nale wrote:
tlaero wrote:On PlayforceOne it's settling in at 3rd place with a rating of 89.85, between Getting to Know Christine (89.96) and Jordan 500: HCC (88.55).

Wait a second: With Redemtion for Jessica with 96 and if DwE is third and you say Getting to Know Christine ist better. Does it mean that you are actually the author of all the three best rated games on PlayForceOne? If it's true i want to really congratulate you ;)

That's only one of the reasons we love her...
She's also one damned fine human being and likes to help others...
Now if she's built like Sofia Vicara...
We can only dream...
LRM
Got Wood?
LRM

Postby tlaero » Thu, 16Mar10 07:15

Yes on the top three games on PlayForceOne. No on being built like Sofia Vicara. (-:

And DwE has officially passed the 40,000 download mark.

Tlaero
tlaero
Lady Tlaero, games and coding expert

sex: Female

Postby Greyelf » Thu, 16Mar10 22:08

tlaero wrote:Yes on the top three games on PlayForceOne.
@tlaero: Congratulations, you (and Mortze) must be doing something right! [img]images/icones/icon7.gif[/img] :roi:

*joke* Have you been hacking the PFO Best games page?? :??: [img]images/icones/icon13.gif[/img] [img]images/icones/icon14.gif[/img]

*slightly off topic* Do you feel you have used your new(ish) computer enough to comment of how it is preforming as a development enviroment?
Greyelf
star of the reef

Postby Skelaturi » Fri, 16Mar11 00:15

tlaero wrote:Yes on the top three games on PlayForceOne. No on being built like Sofia Vicara. (-:

And DwE has officially passed the 40,000 download mark.

Tlaero

If Mortze would finish up Pandora he no longer has to settle for 6th place, me thinks.
Doggy style (noun)
A sexual position which allows both participants to watch TV.
---
My weakness a deviant Redhead: http://the-new-lagoon.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=8&start=4425#p97335

--
Seen anything wrong, a typo, to ask, anything else? PM me.
Skelaturi

Postby tlaero » Sun, 16Mar13 19:01

Greyelf wrote:*slightly off topic* Do you feel you have used your new(ish) computer enough to comment of how it is preforming as a development enviroment?

It's working really well. I have a surfacebook and a surfacedock with QuadHD screen plugged in and a full keyboard and mouse. The surfacebook is performing well when I do development and it performs well when I do 3D stuff (though if I'm playing something real, I play on my Xbox, so I'm not fully sure how performant the SB would be for games. It handles AChat really well, though.

It hasn't been perfect, though. There are some bugs in Windows that have been annoying. The surfacebook is 3000x2000 in a 12 or 13 inch screen. That means that it's natural scaling is 200%. The QuadHD screen's natural scaling is 100%. Windows tends to get confused when you have two monitors at different scaling. It generally works, but sometimes it scales things wrong and I have to reboot to get it right again.

It's also pretty hit and miss to eject or reattach the screen. The SB with the screen ejected is a phenomenal comic reader, but often when I eject the screen it gets stuck in rotation lock and I have to reboot to get it to work again. And I've seen it crash with a power failure when the extra battery is removed or added. Hopefully they're working on these things.

It used to have problems sleeping, but that seems to have been fixed now.

All in all, I'm happy with it. It's not perfect, but it's getting the job done for me.

Tlaero
tlaero

Re: Dreaming with Elsa (DwE)

Postby EscapeEvade » Fri, 16Apr01 01:12

I had gone through the game only on the "nice guy" path, and I did it online. So, I went through the game on the frat guy/overt (sexual?) the last few days to collect the last achievements (and then have to re-do the "nice guy" path so I have them all offline), and....

GOOD LORD. Elsa in the black lingerie is... uh... WOW. [img]smile/eek.gif[/img]

I approve.
EscapeEvade
lagoon predator

Postby tlaero » Fri, 16May27 21:45

I'm imagining the following non-cannon conversation.

Elsa looks at MediaFire and sighs. "We crossed 45,000 downloads, but Jessica has almost caught up. We've been out for much longer than she has. How is she gaining on us so fast?"

Jason smiles and rests a hand on her shoulder, "Um, Baby, she's literally a rock star."

Elsa waves her hand. "Yeah, yeah. But she's not the only one who lives an interesting life. I run a bookstore. What's more interesting than that?"

Jason intelligently doesn't answer.

Elsa adds, "Yeah, so she has sex on a piano. I do it flying. Bet she can't top that."

Jason remembers fondly, "I certainly wouldn't trade places with Marc. But only the patrons know about the flying."

Elsa frowns and nods. "Too bad there aren't more of them..."

Dreaming with Elsa now has more than 45,000 direct downloads, and the game is still in 3rd place on PlayforceOne behind Christine and Jessica. The "flying" reference was to a well-received short story we released to our $10 patrons a few months ago ("Dreaming with Elsa: Learning to Fly"). In June, those patrons will get a second short called, "Dreaming with Elsa: Royal Guard." There isn't any sex in Royal Guard, but it does reveal some back story for a character in our games. Patrons get access to previous month's perks, so if you're interested in either of the shorts, or the various neat pictures Mortze has done, get a pledge in before the end of the month.

In other news, Mortze and I are hard at work on our next game, "Finding Miranda." His imagery just keeps getting better and better.

Tlaero
tlaero

Postby saolo996 » Fri, 16May27 21:54

Jason: "Why don't you invite her for a very private little showcase in your bookstore? Just the patrons, Jessica and a piano, Mark and us..."

Elsa: "I'll think about it, what if spreading the voice of it too many people will be allowed to see it?"

Jason: "Um, you can do it twice, one for the very early patreons and another one in a bigger place... I bet this way all the ones who know Jessica will be interested in our story too!"

Just an idea, Lady Tlaero.
"Excuses are like assholes, Taylor, everybody got one"
saolo996
lagoon predator

Postby JFR » Fri, 16May27 22:17

My guess, based on no empirical data at all, is that Jessica is more downloaded simply because it came out later. Word of mouth got out after Elsa and many new folks just jumped on the most recent story. It worked the other way for many of us patrons. We fell in love with Elsa and were eagerly awaiting Jessica and are now just as eagerly awaiting Miranda. I suspect some of the folks who didn't find the series until Jessica came out just didn't go back and look for Elsa. Their loss, to be sure.

And I agree. Elsa in the little black number is pretty devastating. Jessica is hot but Elsa is still #1. ;)
JFR
star of the reef

Postby tlaero » Sat, 16May28 15:38

Well, don't tell Elsa I said this, but the reason Jessica is catching up with her is pretty simple. Jessica's is a better game. Deep down inside, Elsa knows this too, so she's working extra hard on the patron perks. Just wait until Miranda joins them, though. I think she'll give them both a run for their money...

Tlaero
tlaero

Postby saolo996 » Sat, 16May28 15:52

I'd never tell a damsel a word about it!

By the way I loved both of them, as well as older ones :)
saolo996
lagoon predator

Postby TheGreatJoeGargery » Sat, 16May28 20:29

tlaero wrote:Getting to know Christine
http://www.mediafire.com/download/c8yea ... a/GtkC.zip
Tlaero

I've enjoyed all your games Tlaero but my absolute favorite is Getting to know Christine. The game gets you to enjoy playing it before you fully realize that
the girl you're trying to score with is completely insane, but by then then you pretty much have to go with it because you're already so invested and want to see the game through to the end.

At first I was thinking "well, she works security so it's understandable that she's a little cautions". Then by the time you're planting cameras in her neighbors bedroom you're thinking "damn, she is certifiably crazy".
TheGreatJoeGargery
lagoon predator

Postby saolo996 » Sun, 16May29 10:27

TheGreatJoeGargery wrote:
tlaero wrote:Getting to know Christine
http://www.mediafire.com/download/c8yea ... a/GtkC.zip
Tlaero

I've enjoyed all your games Tlaero but my absolute favorite is Getting to know Christine. The game gets you to enjoy playing it before you fully realize that
the girl you're trying to score with is completely insane, but by then then you pretty much have to go with it because you're already so invested and want to see the game through to the end.

At first I was thinking "well, she works security so it's understandable that she's a little cautions". Then by the time you're planting cameras in her neighbors bedroom you're thinking "damn, she is certifiably crazy".

Ahahaha, yep.
My thoughts were pretty much the same, though it's that kind of being insane I find nice and appreciate!

I think I'll play it again soon, as well as SITA.
saolo996
lagoon predator

Postby Sarchx » Thu, 16Jun09 17:14

This is probably the best game out there. [img]images/icones/icon10.gif[/img]
Sarchx
Sarchx
lagoon predator

PreviousNext