Stool Pigeon

here, you can speak about shark's games. (comment, need help...)

Re: Stool Pigeon

Postby Goldnut1137 » Thu, 15Aug27 01:48

great game so far from what i've played! going to try to finish it up tonight.
Goldnut1137
sirens hunter

sex: Masculine

Postby meh » Thu, 15Sep10 01:44

I've just played Stool Pigeon. It's great. Interesting story and truly excellent graphics.

The only problem is I played the English version, and it's all broken English. It all sounds like Google Translate from French to English.

It's a shame, because the story is interesting, but you can't really get into it because the broken English is so off-putting.
meh
Pilot fish

Postby Squeeky » Thu, 15Sep10 03:04

meh wrote:I've just played Stool Pigeon. It's great. Interesting story and truly excellent graphics.

The only problem is I played the English version, and it's all broken English. It all sounds like Google Translate from French to English.

It's a shame, because the story is interesting, but you can't really get into it because the broken English is so off-putting.

This is interesting, "broken English".
I've just looked over some of the texts that LRM and myself proposed (one of us is American and the other Australia).
The original texts possibly may have been derived in part from on-line translation.
"Broken English"?
I doubt that the above is a good explanation.
I'm thinking that what you reference is where we attempted to convey the language of the characters, trying to be authentic, similar to what you would rightfully expect when watching a movie.
Squeaky is clean, I'm just a tad messy!
Squeeky
Spirit of the oceans

Postby meh » Fri, 15Sep11 02:05

Squeeky wrote:
meh wrote:It all sounds like Google Translate from French to English.

I doubt that the above is a good explanation.
I'm thinking that what you reference is where we attempted to convey the language of the characters, trying to be authentic, similar to what you would rightfully expect when watching a movie.

I know what you mean, but that's not what I mean at all. I'm not talking about stuff you might have done intentionally. Broken English is when the grammar is completely wrong, in a way that makes it obvious that the text in question was either written by a non-native or translated by a machine. From the various examples I can remember, it's a mixture of both.

For example, there's a bit where it says "xxx went to the police there is half an hour" (instead of "half an hour ago"). That's obviously a google translation of the french "il y a une demi heure".

And there are lots of places where it says stuff like "I'm thinking about do xxx" instead of "about doing xxx". That's clearly something a non-native would write.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not criticising the game. The game is great and so is the story. I'm just saying the broken English is off-putting and distracting, and so it keeps you from really getting into the story.
meh
Pilot fish

Postby Squeeky » Fri, 15Sep11 03:55

Ah! I understand.
I'll not detail further but Shark had three sets of texts from which he drew upon for that final text.
Squeaky is clean, I'm just a tad messy!
Squeeky
Spirit of the oceans

Postby z.o.d » Sat, 15Oct03 16:30

Hi guys

I'm stuck in the final part of the game .. that asshole keeps jumping from the balcony [img]images/icones/icon5.gif[/img]

can you give me a hint or something ?
z.o.d
Pilot fish

Postby luke » Mon, 15Oct05 12:47

The girl can catch him. But he's naked, and there isn't so many places where she can do that...
Que la Force de Shark soit avec toi / May the Shark Force be with you
luke

Postby David » Wed, 15Nov25 12:32

Grubster wrote:
Grubster wrote:I have no criticism of this game that hasn't already been said. The graphics are superb. But I'm stuck! I daresay I'll find the answer before I get a response but....... when Antonio is knelt over the blonde, she grabs his cock, I can get her to finger herself, but then what?? I just can't find the next hot spot, I've tried lifting her head and pulling his cock towards her, but nothing seems to move. Help please.

Ok, got it, guess I was getting impatient!

I'm also getting impatient...

:crazy:

Can't work out how to continue from this one, any hints?
David
star of the reef

Previous

Return to Shark's games