Dreaming with Elsa (En, Sp, Fr, It, Ge)

Complete and totally free games (the author can request a non-obligatory financial contribution in thanks or to help him to create new game)

Dreaming with Elsa (En, Sp, Fr, It, Ge)

Postby tlaero » Fri, 15Jul03 22:32

You may be familiar with the games I wrote with Phreaky.

Meeting Keeley
http://www.mediafire.com/download/9bbok00eewu4o63/mk.zip

Getting to know Christine
http://www.mediafire.com/download/c8yeazejdsg48pa/GtkC.zip

Life with Keeley
http://www.mediafire.com/download/cg20goxo0sj6w1e/LwK2.0.zip

Coffee for Keisha
http://www.mediafire.com/download/025a3yoz243vwqo/CfK.zip

I loved working with Phreaky, but he hasn't been around in quite some time. I have to assume that he's not coming back.

In March I was approached by a lagooner named Mortze who offered to be my new artist. I've seen quite a ... range ... of quality in people's renders, so I asked him to make me an image of what he considered to be an attractive character. I figured he'd send a standard "V4 with beachball breasts," and that I'd have to let him down easy.

Wow, was I ever wrong. The image he sent just blew me away. Now actually interested, I asked him to do 3 more with varying facial expressions. He knocked those out of the park too. Fast forward four months and we're set to release our first game together.

Introducing "Dreaming with Elsa."
http://www.mediafire.com/download/e3o1n7ru73vmj9l/DwE.zip

This game takes place in a different universe than my previous games, so don't expect to see cameos of Keeley et al. It wouldn't seem right to use characters from the games I did with Phreaky without him. I hope you all grow to like the characters in this universe as much as you liked the ones in the other one. And I hope you enjoy this game. It's larger than anything I've done yet, and Mortze made a ton of great images for it.

Edit: I've just re-released the game in Spanish and Italian. Translations by Moskys and John Milton. Same link as above.
Edit2: I've just added a French translation by Marco. Same link as above.
Edit3: I've just added a German translation by Jessica. Same link as above.

Tlaero
Last edited by tlaero on Mon, 16Dec26 23:35, edited 5 times in total.
tlaero
Lady Tlaero, games and coding expert

sex: Female

Re: Dreaming with Elsa

Postby Super » Fri, 15Jul03 22:50

Wow, you actually beat me in my one sided competition. By a long shot too XD

Though that IS Mortze's apparrent speed that caused that... Hm. Hope you two work together for a while and stuff and get started on your second work soon. Release that before Envying Celina why don't you.

also, guess that your avatar IS actually a glance at the art style of this game. That's cool. Will see in five seconds though lol

Welp, time to play this game. Yay!

Edit: First, can't ignore that name. Elsa. That isn't a reference to what I think it is, is it?
Super
legend of the South Seas

sex: Masculine

Postby Rikwar » Fri, 15Jul03 23:04

Thanks Tlaero & Mortze looking forward to playing this over the weekend [img]kator/smiley37.gif[/img]
The greatest danger for most of us is not that our aim is too high and we miss it, but that it is too low and we reach it
Rikwar
Great Master of corals

Postby Skelaturi » Fri, 15Jul03 23:56

Super wrote:Wow, you actually beat me in my one sided competition. By a long shot too XD

Though that IS Mortze's apparrent speed that caused that... Hm. Hope you two work together for a while and stuff and get started on your second work soon. Release that before Envying Celina why don't you.

also, guess that your avatar IS actually a glance at the art style of this game. That's cool. Will see in five seconds though lol

Welp, time to play this game. Yay!

Edit: First, can't ignore that name. Elsa. That isn't a reference to what I think it is, is it?

What you were thinking of some iceblooded cold princess weren't you?

but more ontopic: like the rest can't wait to play. But first got some other stuff to do
Doggy style (noun)
A sexual position which allows both participants to watch TV.
---
My weakness a deviant Redhead: http://the-new-lagoon.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=8&start=4425#p97335

--
Seen anything wrong, a typo, to ask, anything else? PM me.
Skelaturi

Postby Super » Sat, 15Jul04 00:04

Welp, got the romantic path on hard. Interesting premise but very awesome!

Question elating to park:

So, on the park dream date, I see there's an achievement for her falling off the swing, which I did, but I still didn't get that oh nooooooooo. Guess something to do with shoes. lol

But yeah, loved it and stuff
Super
legend of the South Seas

Postby tlaero » Sat, 15Jul04 00:11

I can confirm that the achievement you're asking about is working correctly...

Tlaero
tlaero
Lady Tlaero, games and coding expert

sex: Female

Postby Mortze » Sat, 15Jul04 01:51

Esteemed lagooners,

Indeed, it was around late February (not March) that I contacted The Lady Tlaero after seeing she was looking for a new artist. I was, at the time, considering to make the big step to launch myself into 3d career. By then, I'd only experimented the software, doing tutorials and comics trials, with no success, lacking any real support or direction to help me get into this. So I just shot in the dark, proposing myself to the Lady Tlaero. I was really excited when she agreed and proposed me to embark on this project.

This was and is the first step for me. My professional career is far from artistic, but sometimes we have to make some U-turns and just take a bet. I discovered DAZ3D in early 2014 and since then, developing characters, settings, stories, has been a discovered passion. The PM I sent Tlaero was my U-turn.

These few months have been wild, I've rendered non-stop, and with great pleasure, eager to enhance my skills, discover my errors, learn from them, try to do best, and now it's great satisfaction that I see the game distributed.
I really hope that you'll enjoy playing it as I've had rendering it.

I'd like to publicly give my thanks to Tlaero. She has given me a great oportunity to show my work, and has been a great mentor concerning this type of games and coding. I'd like to aknowledge the effort she has been putting in making games that describe complex characters, and do not denigrate women. That's one of the reasons that made me propose my art to her. Because I identify myself with her vision of this type of storytelling.

I have also to give my thanks to Pusooy. He did not take any part on the making of this game, but I downloaded DAZ3D and started playing around with it because of his games. He was kind enough to tell me what software he used and gave me some lights to get around DAZ. He was the reason I started all this.
And finally, I'd like to give my thanks to Erogenesis. He gave me some lights too, but more importantly he produced some of the more important products I use, regarding female intimacy (still talking about DAZ). More importantly, his art is a constant inspiration, his art is the pinacle I dream to achieve one day. I doubt it but it is the direction I run.

Lastly, I did not present myself earlier for a personal reason. I had to prove myself I could produce something before saying anything at all here. I'll participate more from now on.

That said,

Fap well and properly
Mortze
legend of the South Seas

Postby Wolfschadowe » Sat, 15Jul04 03:24

I'm always happy to see a new game with Tlaero's name on it! Glad to see your artwork as well Mortze! Great stuff you two. A strong addition to the Tlaero bloodline and a fantastic showing for Mortze as well! The beginning of another fantastic partnership!

Wolfschadowe
Wolfschadowe
legend of the South Seas

Postby xravensfan » Sat, 15Jul04 04:04

Woooohoooo!!! A new Tlaero game!! Time to call in sick from work!!
xravensfan
lagoon predator

Postby Skynarr » Sat, 15Jul04 05:00

Great game, excellent job.
Skynarr
Pilot fish

Postby redle » Sat, 15Jul04 05:51

Very impressive new addition to your list of games tlaero. Congratulations to you as well, Mortze, on completing your first. Enjoying the game and its look.

A few critiques and comments...
Story:
Imaginative. I liked it quite a bit, and it did I nice job of building the erotica throughout. The graphics do a great job of giving life to the story as well.

On gameplay:
I typically go straight to hard on these types of games for the first playthrough. This gives me a bit of a feel for the game and then I change difficulty based on what kind of feel I got for the game. While I certainly failed my first playthrough at the 18 point checkpoint, the game stated that we needed to play totally one way or the other to be successful. Armed with that knowledge, I find hard on either path to be rather straightforward. Not stating this as a problem or anything (and I wouldn't want that suggestion removed). But a little more branching or difficulty would be welcome.

I haven't replayed to try going after the secondary characters yet, so there is likely some difficulty that will arise there. Really though, side characters often add some spice, but it's the main character that is the typical goal. Would have liked to see I still had things to discover with Elsa after 2 playthroughs instead of just the 2 side characters.

Still, enjoyed the game and I'm not done with it yet. That's my take so far though.

What seems to be a logic plot flaw:
I didn't really follow the thoughts behind how Chloe was caught. Our two story leads thought they were in a natural dream world and were under the impression that they could do anything they wanted. Elsa then read the book and found out they were likely actually in a spell dream. She also learned here that a natural dream would not allow her to do anything she wanted, but that she could in a spell dream. She then decided to do something impossible (which would only work in a spell dream, and not a natural dream). Chloe would witness this impossible thing and know that the book had been read. The thing is, Chloe knew that they thought they were in a natural dream and that they thought they could do anything in such a dream. So Elsa would think she could do anything whether she read the book or not. So Chloe would have no reason to suspect that Elsa had read the book and thus be shocked.

Perhaps I misunderstood. Either way, there are way worse logic holes in most major motion pictures, assuming this even is one. Thought I would mention it.
redle
star of the reef

Postby blaman » Sat, 15Jul04 08:48

Great to see you back in action Tlaero! Woot!

I finished the game on hard yesterday and it took... long ;) It's probably the longest VD game out there ever made. Maybe except for SITA

Things I liked:
- graphics. They're different than Phreaky's, sure, but they're mostly great (except one detail, more on that later). The faces, the poses, the hair - it's all looking really well. Body proportions too. This is in sharp contrast to recent Chaotic's games which I don't even want to try after seeing promo images...
- animations. Pretty much as above, and considering how difficult it is to make good animations of people interacting together - it's a real feat!
- story and characters. Except for the last day, the characters, their development and so on were spot on
- achievements. I finished the game at 7/12 on hard

Things that could be made better:
- eyes. Eyes are important ;) Unfortunately they feel... empty and dead. Or sick. Eyes need a stronger color of the iris and a much blacker retina. Since it's probably a simple change at the model level, I'd suggest spending a moment on this issue as it will profit you greatly later
- sound. Normally I'd turn it off but since I'm home alone for a moment I decided to give it a try... and I wish I didn't. I believe it breaks any immersion for two reasons: 1) it's just not too good... random moaning and stuff 2) it's connected to .html files and sometimes you'll have sound to go mute for a few second and then next sound. It's not fluid. I think it would work better to just have one music track going through whole day or event, instead of having it chopped like that
- phonesex18.jpg image is not used in any html files
- it took me a while to understand the saving system. I think it doesn't work properly until you manually select a save slot
- while Elsa is a very enjoyable character, her change on the last day (she used to be shy, now she's suddenly ready for anything) happened to fast and a bit unexpected IMO

Overall - a great game and I hope to see a lot more from you in future!
blaman
lagoon predator

Postby Nezumi » Sat, 15Jul04 11:57

Brilliant game, I finished the main quest on hard but I have still got to look around and find the other paths yet. The models are very sexy although I found Elsa's eyes to be a bit off to start with but considering where the story was heading perhaps witch eyes were not a bad choice.

You gave me a hard choice though (pun intended) Elsa is everything I want in a woman, sexy, smart, an avid reader who owns her own bookstore but damn, Chloe is one of the sexiest piece of pixel I have ever seen, those freckles, red hair, freckles, tatts and did I mention the freckles. I think I'm in love.
Nezumi
great white shark

Postby jipp » Sat, 15Jul04 13:29

Superb game once again Tlaero, and I'm happy you found an artist who's up to the high standards your previous games have set.

The story was much better than what this kind of games usually have and your characters (especially the women) continue to be more realistic in both looks and behavior. That's why you continue to be better than everyone else. [img]images/icones/icon13.gif[/img]

Thanks, can't wait for your next collaboration.
jipp
great white shark

Postby anggus » Sat, 15Jul04 14:52

Thanks I can't wait to try this!
anggus
great white shark

Next

Return to Free sexy games