Ashford Academy (Public demo)

Complete and totally free games (the author can request a non-obligatory financial contribution in thanks or to help him to create new game)

Ashford Academy (Public demo)

Postby Dole » Tue, 13Mar19 08:19

This is a Game like HHS (Hentai High School).

For a Demo it is good and playable.

The Game you can find here:

http://www.henthighschool.com/general-d ... d-academy/

If you find bugs or other things tell it there or write to the producer directly (you find there a email address).
Dole
star of the reef

Re: Ashford Academy (Public demo)

Postby kessie8yl » Wed, 13Mar20 00:22

Not bad, if somewhat repetitive.

A few issues:

Not sure why some "encounters" seemed to change as the game progressed while others didn't. Are they all supposed to? How many times? How is the player to tell which ones will and which won't? The interaction screens come up too rarely to allow the player an opportunity to explore the options while the ones with no options at all come up over and over to the point of boredom. Selection seems to be random which suggests that theoretically it would be possible to play the entire game and not see a single "encounter".

No idea as to what the goals in the game are. I had everything except Behaviour at 100 (Behaviour was around 86 and improving that was our "objective of the week") but just got sacked without warning for "poor educational standard" when we'd been rated as number 1 on the previous turn.

Money doesn't increase quickly enough and, unlike HSS, there are no side-missions which can boost your income - you can't even spend some of the Head's own 50K salary (compare that to total staff salary of around 100 or so and you have to ask why). There doesn't seem to be any need to buy any more than one of each room - and the game starts with a gym and a classroom - the general lack of funds deterred me from seeing what happened if I bought a second because it would have left me without one of the other kind.

There is no explanation of the coloured "tokens". Some of the colours seem to serve no purpose and the ones which can be exchanged for the "extra income" are rarer than a hen's tooth!

This game shows promise but I still prefer HSS at the moment.
kessie8yl
legend of the South Seas

sex: Masculine

Postby tonytiger » Wed, 13Mar20 11:40

While I agree mostly with kessie8yl's comments above I do think that is does need bearing in mind it is a demo and just been released. HSS has been around longer and still to my mind still suffers from the same repetitiveness issues and a weird obsession with futanaria . Overall I think this is a good game and pretty professinal looking, nice graphics and when and it been expanded a great game. If I was to give the developer some comments, mostly the same as above, they would be to add buyables for the blue and yellows orbs (I've got a load of them), an end goal and a quick play option so instead of hours clicking, a game game would only last say an hour-ish (morning,afternoon;evening into one maybe??; one term?). Thanks for the game.
tonytiger
sirens hunter

Postby Josefus » Thu, 13Mar21 12:03

Very good demo. OK .. I'm not into manga. But the graphics are top

When something actually happens there? [img]smile/eek.gif[/img]
Josefus
star of the reef

Postby kessie8yl » Thu, 13Mar21 17:40

tonytiger wrote:While I agree mostly with kessie8yl's comments above I do think that is does need bearing in mind it is a demo and just been released. HSS has been around longer and still to my mind still suffers from the same repetitiveness issues and a weird obsession with futanaria . Overall I think this is a good game and pretty professinal looking, nice graphics and when and it been expanded a great game. If I was to give the developer some comments, mostly the same as above, they would be to add buyables for the blue and yellows orbs (I've got a load of them), an end goal and a quick play option so instead of hours clicking, a game game would only last say an hour-ish (morning,afternoon;evening into one maybe??; one term?). Thanks for the game.

I was aware that it was a demo - the purposes of posting it here would suggest the author is hoping for an honest appraisal of the work so far.

HSS has indeed been around a long time now but the author himself refers to it in his introduction to this game - and the styles are in any case so similar - the comparison is obviously being invited. Funtari aside, HSS attempts to have some storylines which give the player's character some motivation for certain courses of action throughout the game. I found these were lacking in AA - although I would caution the author that AA is already in danger of becoming a HSS clone and suffers a little from a lack of originality.

Totally off topic - I've never played HSS with the funtari option on and as I remember that side of the game was left to wilt on the vine, having never been fully developed. Hardly an "obsession" then...
kessie8yl
legend of the South Seas

Postby J_I » Fri, 13Mar22 20:27

Neat demo. I'm interested to see where the game is heading.

I agree with the above that it felt rather repetitive without a lot of scenes in between. I also felt like there was a strange shying away from first person sexual encounters. Maybe this is a thing that comes from the HHS pattern (never played it, so I dunno), but whenever sex is offered to the player, there's always some (inconsistent) reason why he bows out. "Oh, people are coming." "I can't, I'm the principal." (this wasn't an issue a second ago?) etc, etc.

I feel like there's a dating sim element here that hopefully will show up in the full game. A few teachers and a student are introduced, and then they fall off the map. It'd be neat to have the macro sim of running the school (ideally with some first person scenes in there, because why not?) overlayed with the micro dating sim element.

Just some thoughts. Thanks for sharing.
J_I
great white shark

Postby Guntag » Fri, 13Mar22 22:02

J_I wrote:Neat demo. I'm interested to see where the game is heading.

I agree with the above that it felt rather repetitive without a lot of scenes in between. I also felt like there was a strange shying away from first person sexual encounters. Maybe this is a thing that comes from the HHS pattern (never played it, so I dunno), but whenever sex is offered to the player, there's always some (inconsistent) reason why he bows out. "Oh, people are coming." "I can't, I'm the principal." (this wasn't an issue a second ago?) etc, etc.

I feel like there's a dating sim element here that hopefully will show up in the full game. A few teachers and a student are introduced, and then they fall off the map. It'd be neat to have the macro sim of running the school (ideally with some first person scenes in there, because why not?) overlayed with the micro dating sim element.

You guessed right. In HHS games you are usually punished when you attempt a sexual action. The main mechanism for this is the reputation system. And even if you can keep a good reputation, the principal never has sex, only the students and sometimes the teachers.
Guntag
lagoon predator

Postby kessie8yl » Sat, 13Mar23 15:13

Guntag wrote:
J_I wrote:Neat demo. I'm interested to see where the game is heading.

You guessed right. In HHS games you are usually punished when you attempt a sexual action. The main mechanism for this is the reputation system. And even if you can keep a good reputation, the principal never has sex, only the students and sometimes the teachers.

In HHS the principal seems to be mainly interested in voyeurism and having power over others - Not a "normal" personality, but reasonably consistent... However I would tend to agree that in AA there does seem to be some inconsistency - I haven't played it enough to know but I'm wondering if it isn't supposed to be the case that, as the school becomes more corrupt the staff and pupils become more open to having sex with the principal - but until then he has to play in cool? If that is the case it would be helpful if there was some indication of it and some signals as to when a transition occurs. Is the goal for the principal to have sex with everyone? Nobody knows...
kessie8yl
legend of the South Seas

Postby game player » Sat, 13Mar23 16:53

I played for several game days and nothing really happened. I chalked it up to the game being a early demo.
game player
great white shark

Postby katakana132 » Tue, 13Mar26 20:30

I also played the newest version for several days and I was able to stumble into several situations where the principal had sex with a student. However none of the small story arcs (the secretary, the teacher, the pool student etc) ever turned into anything.
I guess that could also be part of the demo, but it's hard to tell.
katakana132
lagoon predator

Postby kessie8yl » Tue, 13Mar26 22:10

I've just spent (wasted?) a considerable amount of time playing this well into Term 2... It doesn't seem to make any difference whatsoever.

You can play safe for as long as you like but as soon as anything "naughty" starts you're soon kicked out of the game for "poor performance".

Every stat except Inhibition is at 100. The grades for Intelligence, Artistry and Athletics are locked on 100 so when it comes to Planning there seems no point spending time on those. Time is split between "Getting them used to their bodies" and "Making them behave" - even when Behaviour is in the high 90's.

None of this makes any difference because your reputation gradually falls away, at which point you get the boot. Quite how the reputation suffers when you're the best school in the country, etc, etc, is a total mystery. The only obvious answer is that it is associated with your "naughty" actions but if you're going to pass up on those then what is the point of playing the game?

With no warning at all some actions say that you were caught or seen - I'm certain this has a negative effect on reputation but you are totally unaware of that until after you've done the action, so you get no chance to take a calculated risk (by building your reputation very high before you take that action) or make tactical retreat and save your reputation for another day.

How Reputation is increased isn't clear at all - especially when everything is stuck at 100% How do you improve on perfection?

I'll be interested to see if there are significant changes in the final version of the game but this is such a large demo I somehow doubt it.
kessie8yl
legend of the South Seas

Postby dryheave » Wed, 13Mar27 02:23

i was able to get every stat up to 100. You have to be very patient and take several months to get the reputation up. Be hard with them and get the studies up and tolerate no bad behavior until then. Then you can start getting the deviation up and inhibition down.
dryheave
great white shark

Postby kessie8yl » Wed, 13Mar27 16:51

dryheave wrote:i was able to get every stat up to 100. You have to be very patient and take several months to get the reputation up. Be hard with them and get the studies up and tolerate no bad behavior until then. Then you can start getting the deviation up and inhibition down.

As I said - I played well into Term 2 and that was boring and repetitive enough...
kessie8yl
legend of the South Seas

Postby redle » Thu, 13Mar28 00:20

There are certainly some pluses and minuses here. As the author says, it's basically a rewrite of the original hhs at this point. From that view point it is a fairly accurate recreation. And, since there have already been any number of comments about what people like about the original (as well as the myriad of offshoots), I'm going to skip over any fanboyish commentary. I generally like what I see, but I'm going to focus mainly on areas I feel should be improved.

The graphics/GUI system are generally nice and intuitive. There are some exceptions, such as the school rules and policies pages. Still, it is certainly a step up from the floating window screens of C#.

The game does suffer from an overabundance of unnecessary and repetitive clicking. On Sundays, why do I need to click on my choices for each time of the day? I only ever had 1 choice for any of the options. It would be much better if every day, whether Sunday or not, this popped up with 3 things already selected (the only options if there is only 1, or my last selected option if more than one). Let me simply click ok to repeat or click on only the option I want to change.

Also, way too many fades: Click, show me the time of day... click, show image... click, time of day... click, imagine... click, etc. The addition of all the fades in and out here only add to the feel of repetition. That's 2 full sets of fading in and out for ever 1 image I get to see. Why not have the time on the main page (which is when I'm interested in knowing the day or time anyway), and skip it on images? I think, ok, start of a new day... what's today? How long before I get another paycheck? Hmmm, no way to find out until after I've made my choices... Dang, by then it will be too late. Ok, made my choices and ready to see today's images. Stupid text screen... get out of my way, I'm looking for the image. Click, oh, wait... I needed to know what day it was.

The reputation thing has already been brought up by others, but it bears repeating. It is the single element of the game that determines if you keep playing or if you hit, game over! Therefore, the player needs to have some control over this. That control should be fairly obvious. While my reputation did occasionally go up, I haven't the slightest idea how I did it. As for going down, the gym can be a big early deathtrap. The gym I have never understood in this game (as in the original). I've been to elementary school gyms, high schools, colleges, professional stadiums, and never, even when going to a new one where I don't know my way around, have I ever found myself in the women's changing room when I thought I would be walking onto the basketball court. I choose, as principal of the school, to go and see how my sports teams or physical education classes are doing, and I find myself in the women's changing room by mistake? It basically means I just need to avoid the gym altogether if I'm trying to build reputation. Make it an event, add a new destination, something...

Continuing on reputation and the whole core of the game, I guess you can view it from two perspectives.

1. I'm a good, honest, typical principal who wants to run the school as it should be run. In this case, you simply wait for money, upgrade when you get it, and events and options never change. You repeat the same scenes over and over again, max all normal stats, keep 'troubling' stats at 0, and carry on day in and day out.

2. I'm trying to corrupt this school (which, lets face it, is the actual point of the game) and fill it with as much sex as I can. In this case, one would assume that there is a way to actually do this successfully. Sure, you can try to force sex on the students too quickly, and on society as well. Your reputation falters and you get fired. But, if you bide your time (or try to see how efficiently and quickly you can accomplish it), eventually you can change the morals and get the corrupt school of your dreams.

Unfortunately, that isn't the case. You can get the school to a corrupt state, but it is never sustainable. As it becomes corrupt, reputation falls. You get fired. Unless you are trying to produce an after school tv drama showing that perspective number 1 is the only choice because 2 will always fail, the game falls apart at this point. Doing like the original, and setting some arbitrary end date and saying, hey, it's corrupt, you win.... isn't really a valid option. Sure, I made it to the randomly selected end date, and the school was corrupt, but I could also see the communities trend to shut me down. It was only going to be a matter of time and things would return to the way they had been, and I would be out of a job or in jail.

Whether I become a ruthless mob boss, such that reputation doesn't matter. No one can shut me down because I have too much power and they fear me. Or I corrupt the community to accept that this is how it should be and my reputation soars as corruption increases. Or I gain so much income and spread so much wealth about the community that my reputation freezes at 50 as everyone chooses to look the other way for their cut. Add your own bs story to completion here...

As for repetition of images and lack of events and such, it's a beta. It's assumed more will be added.

Orbs are a whole book of their own. I'm going to mostly skip them. But I will add, either make them come fairly frequently, so the player is simply deciding which order to spend them rather than how to get them; or make the choice of when and which orb you get clear to the player.
redle
star of the reef

Postby Guntag » Thu, 13Mar28 02:32

redle wrote:
2. I'm trying to corrupt this school (which, lets face it, is the actual point of the game) and fill it with as much sex as I can. In this case, one would assume that there is a way to actually do this successfully. Sure, you can try to force sex on the students too quickly, and on society as well. Your reputation falters and you get fired. But, if you bide your time (or try to see how efficiently and quickly you can accomplish it), eventually you can change the morals and get the corrupt school of your dreams.

Unfortunately, that isn't the case. You can get the school to a corrupt state, but it is never sustainable. As it becomes corrupt, reputation falls. You get fired. Unless you are trying to produce an after school tv drama showing that perspective number 1 is the only choice because 2 will always fail, the game falls apart at this point. Doing like the original, and setting some arbitrary end date and saying, hey, it's corrupt, you win.... isn't really a valid option. Sure, I made it to the randomly selected end date, and the school was corrupt, but I could also see the communities trend to shut me down. It was only going to be a matter of time and things would return to the way they had been, and I would be out of a job or in jail.

Whether I become a ruthless mob boss, such that reputation doesn't matter. No one can shut me down because I have too much power and they fear me. Or I corrupt the community to accept that this is how it should be and my reputation soars as corruption increases. Or I gain so much income and spread so much wealth about the community that my reputation freezes at 50 as everyone chooses to look the other way for their cut. Add your own bs story to completion here...

I completely agree with your feedback. And this is why I prefer this version of HHS2 : http://www.henthighschool.com/informati ... y-atztek1/ Maybe you should post your feedback in the link provided in the first post, I'm not sure the author of the game reads this forum !
Guntag
lagoon predator

Next

Return to Free sexy games