Dangerous Assets 1 by Cugel

The specific forum for rags games creators

Re: Dangerous Assets 1 by Cugel

Postby ExLibris » Sun, 12Apr01 01:24

Cugel wrote:The extra items are there for realism and/or become relevant in Part 2, they are not meant to obfuscate. The ones that become useful all have clues associated with them in the text. This is an adventure game standard. If only the critical items were visible in the work then a person could play without reading and in my opinion that favors winning over playing and instead of writing many thousands of words I could have just made a slide show.

I think part of the issue is that having lots of decorative items is a *text* adventure standard. The difference is that in a text adventure it's quite easy to determine if an item is merely decorative because as soon as you try doing something to it, it will say "That isn't important". With RAGS the only way I could tell if they were important or not was by clicking on them each time I got stuck.

Another issue is that I found some of the descriptions to be misleading, or at least unhelpful. I got stuck trying to find "nature's melody" because the first couple of music sticks I tried said "You see no need to change the music on the Music Box." with the result that I didn't test all of them until I'd gotten so frustrated that I'd started methodically clicking every object in sight. In hindsight the clue was there, but I would have found the answer a lot more quickly if the response had been something like "That's not the right music". Same problem with the sand dollar, where the description says "Seen one and you've seen them all.". So how are you supposed to know that a map mysteriously appears on the back of it on day 4 (and it it doesn't mysteriously appear, why don't you notice it before then?).

Don't get me wrong, it looks great and the sex scenes are fun. But I found the gameplay to be too much clicking and not enough interactivity.
ExLibris
legend of the South Seas

sex: Female

Postby nvtsbamf » Sun, 12Apr01 02:38

ending
i got the scene with karen, but it says i could get one that's better. and i also missed a dream. any hints?
nvtsbamf
great white shark

Postby ExLibris » Sun, 12Apr01 06:05

nvtsbamf wrote:ending
i got the scene with karen, but it says i could get one that's better. and i also missed a dream. any hints?

Who you can date is determined by who you think about. I got the mermaid dream and missed another, but I've no idea where.
ExLibris
legend of the South Seas

sex: Female

Postby bosbrand » Sun, 12Apr01 06:22

Version 1.0 gave me an error that the file was unreadable oslt, so reinstalled RAGS player, and am now downloading V1.1. Hopefully either the reinstall or the redownload will fix things. I'm very curious to see the game!
bosbrand
great white shark

Postby bosbrand » Sun, 12Apr01 09:37

Bah. Still says the file is unreadable. Are there any known issues with RAGS and Win7?
bosbrand
great white shark

Postby Tai » Sun, 12Apr01 11:53

Im totally stuck at day 2 where the guy is dead and i finished talking with Mari i explored every thing and examined everythin yet i cant find the solution :P
Tai
sirens hunter

sex: Masculine

Postby sylakone2 » Sun, 12Apr01 13:43

Stuck on day 4
I have found the map on the coin. I found out in the browser that it is a spelunking map but what do I do now I have serached all over the house and can't find anymore to do.

Any clues?
Cheers Sy
sylakone2
lagoon predator

Postby Ehlanna » Sun, 12Apr01 17:31

This is driving me nuts ...
On day two:
Mari and stranger are in bathroom. Have the chilli powder and the paint thinner - now what? I know I must have missed doing something to, or with, something - but what?

<edit> Typically, having gone back to it, I now find the next progression action!
For those in a similar position, it involved the bucket - you use the paint thinner
</edit>
Last edited by Ehlanna on Sun, 12Apr01 20:42, edited 1 time in total.
Ehlanna
star of the reef

Postby nvtsbamf » Sun, 12Apr01 18:21

did you check the car
nvtsbamf
great white shark

Postby Cugel » Sun, 12Apr01 20:01

bosbrand wrote:Bah. Still says the file is unreadable. Are there any known issues with RAGS and Win7?

Hi,

The game was developed on Windows 7. Can you tell me what you are using to uncompress the 3 game files? The most commonly used app for that is WinRAR.
Cugel
lagoon predator

Postby Ehlanna » Sun, 12Apr01 20:43

Cugel wrote:
bosbrand wrote:Bah. Still says the file is unreadable. Are there any known issues with RAGS and Win7?

Hi,

The game was developed on Windows 7. Can you tell me what you are using to uncompress the 3 game files? The most commonly used app for that is WinRAR.

I use Win 7 (64-bit) and de-compressed the files with WinRAR - and all works ok for me in RAGS 2.3.1.0
Ehlanna
star of the reef

Postby cheese101 » Mon, 12Apr02 01:00

sylakone2 wrote:Stuck on day 4
I have found the map on the coin. I found out in the browser that it is a spelunking map but what do I do now I have serached all over the house and can't find anymore to do.

Any clues?

try checking the shed, took me ages as well
cheese101
star of the reef

Postby jakro1 » Mon, 12Apr02 06:12

I'm stuck right after I killed the stranger... I tell her that I will bring the tablet and that I'll use my cell phone to call the cops, I can't do either. Says I should leave her alone for now when I try to enter the room, and I can't call anyone on the phone..

This game sometimes drives me crazy.
jakro1
sirens hunter

Postby riche » Mon, 12Apr02 07:07

jakro1 wrote:I'm stuck right after I killed the stranger... I tell her that I will bring the tablet and that I'll use my cell phone to call the cops, I can't do either. Says I should leave her alone for now when I try to enter the room, and I can't call anyone on the phone..

This game sometimes drives me crazy.

Did you search body, take photo of it, get business card, install cable modem, browse gallery on tablet?
riche
Pilot fish

Postby bosbrand » Mon, 12Apr02 08:06

Ehlanna wrote:
Cugel wrote:

Hi,

I use Win 7 (64-bit) and de-compressed the files with WinRAR - and all works ok for me in RAGS 2.3.1.0

I used WinRAR as well, but I've got RAGS 2.3.0.0, maybe that's the issue? Let me see whether I can find 2.3.1.0 anywhere...
bosbrand
great white shark

PreviousNext

Return to RAGS games