Dangerous Assets 1 by Cugel

The specific forum for rags games creators

Dangerous Assets 1 by Cugel

Postby Cugel » Sat, 12Mar31 07:20

Dangerous Assets 1 is an illustrated adult fantasy story with adventure game elements and adult content.

Requires RAGS player Version 2.3.0.0 - available at http://ragsgame.com/Downloads.aspx

Game Files:
V 1.1
http://rg.to/file/8d9d77804fe869cebdf3e4b4207d71f4/Dangerous_Assets_-_Part_1_V_1.1.part1.rar.html
http://rg.to/file/0b052932f4e1a72262160464d3d9149c/Dangerous_Assets_-_Part_1_V_1.1.part2.rar.html
http://rg.to/file/47d869edc961f2550728b28c10be0edf/Dangerous_Assets_-_Part_1_V_1.1.part3.rar.html

A note about the way 2shared behaves. When you click the file url on this page the link to the actual file is the smaller of the 2 buttons labeled Download. When you click it a scary window might pop up, just slap it away and the download should start automatically or you'll get a browser prompt asking what to do with the file. PM me if this doesn't work for you.

Fixed bugs reported in forum. Details on Game info screen in Help menu.

Thanks to Lagoon Testers Par Excellance
Merleau, iksanabot, DaneHawk, and rainman20
Last edited by Cugel on Tue, 14Jul01 03:32, edited 12 times in total.
Cugel
lagoon predator

Re: Dangerous Assets 1 by Cugel

Postby rabbie » Sat, 12Mar31 08:49

Can you upload it somewhere else? My provider blocks rapidshare...
rabbie
lagoon predator

sex: Masculine

Postby MRSuomi » Sat, 12Mar31 12:12

Great Game - good JOB Cugel - cant wait for second part - best rags game I have ever played - nice story , great pictures
Thank you so much :-)
MRSuomi
great white shark

Postby ptmg30 » Sat, 12Mar31 14:51

Do you download all three parts, or are they sepearte games?
ptmg30
lagoon predator

Postby Jiimbojones » Sat, 12Mar31 16:09

When there is supposed to be an animation the box is filled with windows media player and it says that it's "ready" but nothing happens if you push play. The file says to update browser flash plugin but I don't know how to do that in RAGS.
Jiimbojones
great white shark

Postby ExLibris » Sat, 12Mar31 16:40

Couple of possible bugs I've noticed:

You can take the receipt even when it's already in your inventory. When you do it says "I want to show this receipt to the guy at the shoe store first thing tomorrow.-You keep the receipt put everything back the way it was, close the wallet and place it back around his neck and beneath the shirt." even if it's already day 3.

I don't know if it's intentional or not, but you can get stuck in what appears to be an infinite loop by fantasizing about Mari in the shower. Doing so doesn't increase your arousal, and if you try to fantasise about Nikki or Karen your concentration falters. If there's a way out of that other that closing RAGS I wasn't able to find it. Edit: never mind, I worked out how to get out of it.

During the date at the Five-Ten Nikki suddenly starts being referred to as Karen
For example:
Nikki: Well, my life is ...
PC: Yeah, you are...
Karen: (Laughing) You are a..
ExLibris
legend of the South Seas

sex: Female

Postby JeffGarcia » Sat, 12Mar31 17:19

Hmm... animations don't show for me, I installed the newest version of adobe flash player. Yet it still won't play. Any ideas?

Should a video be playing? What kind of format should it be?

EDIT:
If anyone is having the same problem I have found a solution. Even though my default browser is Firefox, the game tried to open the animation through Internet Explorer. So I found out that my Firefox version has the newest Flash Player, but Explorer uses a 2007 one. I updated it once again from Explorer and now the animations show up correctly.
JeffGarcia
great white shark

Postby Graen » Sat, 12Mar31 18:05

Like everyone else, I hate RapidShare. Obvious reason are obvious...

As for the game I wasn't able to get very far, either because of a bug or the solution just wasn't intuitive.
Stuck with the "Stranger" in Manny's house. I was able to swap files and give him the decoy research notes, but after searching the house inside and out for anything else to use, I gave up. Interacting with everything I could find, in all directions, in every room (Including the shed outdoors) failed to produce any meaningful results.
One bug that I did encounter often and which added to my frustration was the whole look in multiple directions mechanic. Often I would get to an area and not be able to turn. At first I figured I wasn't supposed to, but when it happened in areas where I could previously I realized it was a bug. I would have to move back two or three times before I could turn again, and then return to the area where I wanted to look in different directions.

Another area that bothered me in my short playthrough was the whole "plant buying thing" at the shopping mall. I had no idea I needed to buy a plant just to drive back home, and it seemed to come out of left field.

I'll be perfectly honest, I'm not too happy with the RAGS interface, I feel that it's too cumbersome, especially with a game as complex as this one seems to be. I saw all the things one could buy at the gas station and was shocked! [img]smile/eek.gif[/img]
Image LoPteam.blogspot.com
Image graenwerks.blogspot.com
Graen
legend of the South Seas

Postby riche » Sat, 12Mar31 18:18

Graen wrote:
As for the game I wasn't able to get very far, either because of a bug or the solution just wasn't intuitive.
Stuck with the "Stranger" in Manny's house. I was able to swap files and give him the decoy research notes, but after searching the house inside and out for anything else to use, I gave up. Interacting with everything I could find, in all directions, in every room (Including the shed outdoors) failed to produce any meaningful results.

Look in kitchen for paper, and start with that

I stuck too, on day4
I found that map on sand dollar, google it, but no idea what to do next
riche
Pilot fish

Postby ExLibris » Sat, 12Mar31 18:27

Graen wrote:Like everyone else, I hate RapidShare. Obvious reason are obvious...

I got stuck there as well. I think the problem is that the game is very linear. Because it only allows you to do one thing at a time (and won't let you go somewhere else until you do it) it's very easy to get stuck. And because there are so many objects, most of which serve no purpose until the game says they do, I ended up clicking on everything over and over, which was very frustrating.
ExLibris
legend of the South Seas

Postby nvtsbamf » Sat, 12Mar31 18:30

cugel's games are really hard, so it's normal to get stuck
nvtsbamf
great white shark

Postby ExLibris » Sat, 12Mar31 18:37

riche wrote:[I stuck too, on day4
I found that map on sand dollar, google it, but no idea what to do next

Have you rotated the sand dollar? If so you'll see a picture of an object that you'll need to examine to discover you can perform another action on it.
ExLibris
legend of the South Seas

Postby JeffGarcia » Sat, 12Mar31 18:38

I need help at day 2, with incapacitating the guy.
I've managed to get chilli powder residue, now I need to weaponize it. I guess I need water or something but can't find anything.

I managed to solve it just a minute after posting.
JeffGarcia
great white shark

Postby Graen » Sat, 12Mar31 18:40

Thanks riche! I'll look into that.

But if the game is as linear as ExLibris suggests, I may not play it for much longer. A game with all this detail and with so much to do, shouldn't be forcing the player to pick up pieces of the puzzle in a specific order before they even know what the puzzle is. I sorta feel like the limitations of the RAGS engine are really holding Cugel back from telling a great story here.
Image LoPteam.blogspot.com
Image graenwerks.blogspot.com
Graen
legend of the South Seas

Postby ExLibris » Sat, 12Mar31 18:51

Graen wrote:Thanks riche! I'll look into that.

But if the game is as linear as ExLibris suggests, I may not play it for much longer. A game with all this detail and with so much to do, shouldn't be forcing the player to pick up pieces of the puzzle in a specific order before they even know what the puzzle is. I sorta feel like the limitations of the RAGS engine are really holding Cugel back from telling a great story here.

The RAGS interface certainly doesn't help, given the amount of clicking that's required and the way Cugel seems to have used a lot of objects merely to disguise the handful of significant ones. I laboriously clicked through every item at the shop several times, which turned out to be pointless because there's only one thing you can actually buy. And there were a couple of obstacles that I only got past by clicking on every single option within range. The sex scenes were fun (although they're not interactive), but I can't say the same for all the clicking you have to do to get to them.
ExLibris
legend of the South Seas

Next

Return to RAGS games