Life With Keeley

Complete and totally free games (the author can request a non-obligatory financial contribution in thanks or to help him to create new game)

Life With Keeley

Postby tlaero » Sun, 11Dec04 22:51

Phreaky and I are getting close to finishing our next game. He's sent me the last of the images, which is the hardest and most time consuming part. Now I need to write a few scenes, and then and we need to do some extensive testing. It should be done in the next few days.

This one is called "Life With Keeley" and is the third installment in the Keeley series. It's been a while since we released a game, so the story might not be fresh in your mind. One way to pass the time between now and release is to go back and play the original games again. Here they are in the order they should be played.

Virtual Date With Keeley
This is the story of how James met Keeley and was the first collaboration between Phreaky and me.

Daydreaming With Keeley
This is a daydream James had about Keeley and her friend Keisha.

Those two games have been joined into one, now called "Meeting Keeley"
http://www.mediafire.com/download/9bbok ... o63/mk.zip

Getting To Know Christine
(http://www.mediafire.com/download/c8yea ... a/GtkC.zip)
This is a story about Adrian and Christine, two other characters who live in the same city as James and Keeley. Although neither James nor Keeley is involved with this story, there are links between the four characters.

You don't need to have played these games before playing Life With Keeley, but I believe that doing so is worthwhile.

In case you're not aware of how we operate, I'm the primary writer and programmer for these games and Phreaky is the primary artist. We collaborate quite a bit. We work out the characters and the rough story together before we start with anything. There are scenes I describe to Phreaky that he then makes the images for, and there are scenes he makes the images for first and I then use to write the scene. It works really well for the two of us. It's also a testament to the wonders of the internet, since we live in different countries and have never met outside of private messages in the lagoon. This time we also brought in two beta testers, ExLibris and blaman, and they've been a huge help. Thanks guys!

We were trying to do a couple of things with this game. First, we wanted it to be much less linear than our previous ones. You'll have to let us know how this turned out. Second, we wanted more variety than we've had in the past. Hopefully you'll find that there's more to success in this than, "Say nice things to the protagonist." If I'm realistic about our previous games, that sums up the strategy for playing them. Finally, I wanted to prove that it's possible to do a "dating" game with a female protagonist, despite Ariane's famous comic (http://arianeb.com/comic7.htm). Yes, in this game, you're playing Keeley, not James, although the sex scenes are 3rd person omniscient where you control both characters.

From a technical standpoint, you now get bigger images if your monitor is bigger, while we still support 1024x768 monitors. I also now let you save and restore any time you like. No more calling me a sadist for putting a checkpoint in a place where you already failed. This time if you save in a bad spot, it's your own darn fault. (-: I've also dramatically changed the way the scoring is done. It was bad that in Christine other people knew better than me what the max score was... In terms of size, this game is much bigger than the previous two Keeley games, but not quite as big as Christine.

So please be patient. We'll have it ready for you soon. I hope you enjoy it.

Edit: It's now available. Edit 3: Updated link to the refreshed version.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/cg20g ... LwK2.0.zip

Edit 2:
French version, translated by Serge is here:
https://rapidshare.com/files/3298172643 ... ion_Fr.zip

Spanish version, translated by danigonz is here:
http://dfiles.eu/files/0ihl3h5y4

Tlaero
Last edited by tlaero on Sun, 15Feb22 20:40, edited 10 times in total.
tlaero
Lady Tlaero, games and coding expert

sex: Female

Re: Life With Keeley

Postby Graen » Sun, 11Dec04 23:32

Wow, that sounds pretty ambitious. I'm looking forward to seeing life through Keeley's eyes.

Good luck to both of you.
Image LoPteam.blogspot.com
Image graenwerks.blogspot.com
Graen
legend of the South Seas

Postby realkane » Sun, 11Dec04 23:47

Hello there tlaero,

I am new here although i have been lurking around this forum for some time now.
Just wanted to say that i cant wait, i really enjoyed playing the Keeley and Christine games, the difference between these games and the latest virtual date games seems to be that a lot of heart is put in your games, both scenes and especially dialogue in my opinion.
I love 3d games, rag games and especially goblinboy games with 3d pics in them but the keeley and christine games also belong there on top.
Just wanted to say thanks for creating those great games, i can't wait to get my hands on Keeley again. [img]images/icones/icon13.gif[/img]
This seems to be a day that nothing goes your way but you keep on going anyway....cause you're a CHAMP!
realkane
great white shark

sex: Masculine

Postby blaman » Sun, 11Dec04 23:54

As Tlaero said - I've been betatesting the game...

Although maybe it shouldn't be called 'testing' ? I've played it from beginning to the end, never had a single hiccup, no errors, no spelling mistakes, nothing. I was expected to find some bugs and suggest possible fixes and believe me - the experience is just so great that I almost had to resort to nitpicking ;)

Trust me - you're gonna love it !

Idea is great, story well presented, graphics top-notch and it feels much more open then any other dating game before
blaman
lagoon predator

Postby Super » Mon, 11Dec05 00:22

Awesome :p. Glad it's less linear. Even in comparison to the old games. I didn't really like Christine's super linear, one path story :/. But it seems this one will be even more open then that lol. Though my other big problem was that I didn't like having to watch her have lesbian sex before I could have sex with her. >_> <_< <_< >_>

Anyway... Well, bout time :p. Also, I'd like to add a few questions.

1. How many endings?

2. How many pictures/ pages are there in this game? I remember it was something like 400 for Christine and 200 something for the first Keeley... and you said you'd be doing less then Christine for your next... so can you give us some numbers? :p
Super
legend of the South Seas

Postby Trucla » Mon, 11Dec05 01:23

Superawesomemans wrote:2. How many pictures/ pages are there in this game? I remember it was something like 400 for Christine and 200 something for the first Keeley... and you said you'd be doing less then Christine for your next... so can you give us some numbers? :p
Why don't you let these two good partners make their (I'm sure) excellent work, instead of loosing their time counting the number of pages/images that will be in the game? [img]images/icones/icon16.gif[/img]
Trucla
If a guy is hungry, don't feed him! Just offer a fishing rod and teach him fishing!
Trucla
legend of the South Seas

Postby Super » Mon, 11Dec05 01:52

Trucla wrote:
Superawesomemans wrote:2. How many pictures/ pages are there in this game? I remember it was something like 400 for Christine and 200 something for the first Keeley... and you said you'd be doing less then Christine for your next... so can you give us some numbers? :p
Why don't you let these two good partners make their (I'm sure) excellent work, instead of loosing their time counting the number of pages/images that will be in the game? [img]images/icones/icon16.gif[/img]

Uh... Because I wanted to know about how large their game was? It's not like I was insulting them or anything, I was just curious >_> Do you always get pissed at people for asking questions about games?
Super
legend of the South Seas

Postby Trucla » Mon, 11Dec05 02:03

Superawesomemans wrote:Do you always get pissed at people for asking questions about games?
No! Only when they aren't reasonable (in my opinion, of course). Remark that I didn't comment your first question!
Trucla
If a guy is hungry, don't feed him! Just offer a fishing rod and teach him fishing!
Trucla
legend of the South Seas

Postby tlaero » Mon, 11Dec05 02:35

I think what Trucla is really saying is, "Don't distract her from finishing the game." (-: His heart is in the right place, but I know you folks are just anxious to play.

The question "how many endings?" doesn't really work with this game. You're thinking in terms of Chaotic's games where there are some number of linear paths, each ending in a sex scene. Life With Keeley doesn't really work that way. You're probably really asking, "How many sex scenes?" but that's also hard to answer. For instance, this game contains what I consider to be the sexiest scene I've ever seen in one of these games, but it really doesn't have any actual thrusting and grunting in it. Is that a sex scene or not? You guys will have to debate it when the game is released.

As for number of files, it looks to be clocking in at around 800 html files and 400 images. Roughly 10% smaller that Getting to Know Christine.

Tlaero
tlaero

Postby Cochise » Mon, 11Dec05 05:12

Trucla wrote:Why don't you let these two good partners make their (I'm sure) excellent work, instead of loosing their time

Never a good thing, when someone loosens up your time. Tightening up that loosened time is a real waste of time.
Cochise
lagoon predator

Postby eskina » Mon, 11Dec05 13:03

Dear Tlaero finally approaching the moment of release of the game! is fantastic. Could you be more specific about waiting times? I mean it's day or will the new year?
eskina
sirens hunter

Postby andPS2 » Mon, 11Dec05 17:07

can barely wait! since these games were some of the best posted here all time ;)
andPS2
lagoon predator

Postby Beherit » Mon, 11Dec05 18:59

Wouhou !!

good news ! this game look excellent !

But i'm a little afraid. Because i've already tested this kind of gameplay (where you control the girl) with Chaotic game : Sarah and i found it's bit "strange".

But i say nothing until i tried the game.

I trust in Tlaero and Phreaky to do a very good work !
Beherit
sirens hunter

Postby Big Mike » Mon, 11Dec05 21:21

Very excited about this new game.

I was recently playing Getting to know Christine again...that's an awesome game, I'm sure this one will be even better.
(the only thing I didn't like, was the scoring system where if you misses a couple points early on...you can continue through the game until you get stuck with not enough points).
Big Mike
great white shark

Postby tlaero » Mon, 11Dec05 22:20

Beherit wrote:But i'm a little afraid. Because i've already tested this kind of gameplay (where you control the girl) with Chaotic game : Sarah and i found it's bit "strange".

I was very ... dissatisfied ... with that game. I'll leave it at that.

Tlaero
tlaero

Next

Return to Free sexy games