Suggestion for new section of the lagoon - Rag games

The specific forum for rags games creators

Re: Suggestion for new section of the lagoon - Rag games

Postby Tjommi » Mon, 10Feb15 04:37

I wasn't quite sure on where to put this, but as this is the forum to speak about the site, I took a chance and posted it here. I think Shark himself in the rag games thread suggest a rags game section, and I would like to pick that idea up again. It appears that a rags game community is developing and comming together here in the lagoon, so how about settting up a seperate sections for rag games here in the lagoon for rag games related threads? How about giving it a try for a fixed time period and if it doesn't work out, just bump the threads back into the all sexy games section again.
Tjommi
star of the reef

Postby Hey Chief!!! » Mon, 10Feb15 10:01

I like your idea, or we could have it as a subsection of the "sexy games forum"
Hey Chief!!!
great white shark

Postby Tjommi » Tue, 10Feb16 01:31

Actually I can't take credit for the idea, if I understood his post correctly this idea came from Shark himself.
Tjommi
star of the reef

Postby shark » Tue, 10Feb16 01:51

I suggested a new section for games creators.
Those which wishes to try to create a game could ask for some help or to constitute a team for a project.
The section would also be used to present or to test the new projects.

we could put 3 sub-forums inside:
- rag games
- html games (like ariane)
- other projects
shark
Site Admin

sex: Masculine

Postby Tjommi » Tue, 10Feb16 13:11

even better Shark, do that :)
Tjommi
star of the reef

Postby Dolphin-BR » Thu, 10Feb18 23:58

GREAT idea!
Dolphin-BR
star of the reef

Postby Felix » Sat, 10Feb20 03:32

Excellent.
Felix Atagong
The ArianeB 7.x Walkthroughs at
http://arianeb.atagong.com
Felix
lagoon predator

Postby qbv8 » Sat, 10Feb20 10:08

Excellent idea, Shark. This could also be the canonic place for discussions and advice about software tools like Gimp, Photoshop, Blender, Maya, Bryce, Flash, Visionaire, etc.
qbv8
star of the reef

Postby Son-of-Odin » Sun, 10Feb21 09:44

Master Shark :-)
I really like your idea. I hope, it will be here soon if it can be realized.
Son-of-Odin
star of the reef

Postby shark » Mon, 10Feb22 02:20

done.
Point out the threads you want I move in this new section.
shark
Site Admin

Postby Tjommi » Tue, 10Feb23 17:50

Very nice, Thank you Mr Shark Image

This is very exiting, and I am gonna make sure that I visit this forum every day.
Tjommi
star of the reef

Postby almeida67 » Sun, 10Feb28 18:53

Shark,
I really appreciate, and wants to thanks your initiative, in understanding the needs of a special section forum dedicated to text graphics sexy games, and complex sexy games.
It gives the opportunity to reach in a single Forum a lot of dispersed information of big games.
Attending to your request of "Point out the threads you want I move in this new section" I can express that sub-forums of TADS and ADRIFT games should be a good choice. Perhaps also a sub-forum for "Open Code Games" in this section, and why not the legacy of "DOS Games".
This could clean the section "All sexy games" from the lot of garbage, quite normal and understandable, that exists actually.
If you agree with these suggestions, I think that some of us can suggest the topics to be moved by Private messages, or email. It is a quite big job to identify all the topics to move, but at the end the result justify the effort.
This includes "ArianneB", for instance, "School Dreams 3" and a lot of other topics that should be moved, if you agree.
Et merci encore.
:clap:
almeida67
lagoon predator

Postby Norse Graphics » Thu, 10Sep09 05:12

Ok, what is a Rag-game? Some sort of text-based adventure game? As opposed to visual oriented games?
Norse Graphics
great white shark

Postby Ehlanna » Thu, 10Sep09 12:38

A RAGS game is one made and played with the RAGS Suite which can be found at http://www.ragsgame.com/Downloads.aspx
There are thrre version there: two are 'live' releases which need to be licenced for full functionality in the designer to be gained, and a previous 'beta' release which is free and has all it's features unlocked. This beta version, 0.9.9.2 does have a couple of small bugs (nothing really major) and does not have some of the new whizzy features but it is still more than capable of creating a very good game.
The style of RAGS games leans toward the graphical, with menu actions on the various components (room, player, items, characters) being used to drive the game forward.
Ehlanna
star of the reef

Postby ExLibris » Fri, 10Sep10 00:06

There are also so called 'text adventures' (although they sometimes include pictures as well), where the player types commands that are (hopefully) understood by the text parser. Popular authoring systems include TADS, Inform and ADRIFT.

As mentioned above, RAGS (which stands for Rapid Adventure Game System), has a user interface instead of a text parser. It also has an interface for writing the game, which makes it less intimidating for many people.

By default the user interface includes spaces for a number of pictures (environment, PC) so most RAGS games include a large number of pictures. Being menu driven means that most RAGS games also tend to be about making choices rather than solving puzzles since you don't have deduce what the correct action is.

For various reasons RAGS hasn't been enthusiastically taken up by the wider interactive fiction community, but it has been used to create a variety of adult games. If you want to try one, I'd suggest the Rough Landing series which is my personal favorite.
ExLibris
legend of the South Seas

sex: Female

Next

Return to RAGS games