University SIm2-Lyd Creations

The specific forum for rags games creators

Re: University SIm2-Lyd Creations

Postby almeida67 » Sat, 10May15 17:57

I could have a lot of small or large observations about the game, but a little modesty and receptivity from your part will be welcome and needed to get somewhere, you know...
I sincerely wish that you finish a game one day, but really I doubt; if you refuse just now to admit the errors in your Rags structure.
My last and only recommendation: reduce the dimension and complexity of the games if you want to finish them alone, or your "demos" will stay "demos" forever.
Be happy...
almeida67
lagoon predator

Postby lydia » Mon, 10May17 02:00

almeida67 wrote : I could have a lot of small or large observations about the game, but a little modesty and receptivity from your part will be welcome and needed to get somewhere, you know...

I try to read and respond to all posts in my threads out of appreciation for the player's input. I considered your suggestions but I don't think they are the best for me in the long run. I'm not sure why you feel that I'm not receptive to player input or that I need to be more modest. I don't think we are understanding each other.

Your suggestions
1. Reduce the size of my game-This would make the game more manageable and facilitate completing the game. But my sole goal is not just in completion of the game. I think that the additional content makes for a better game, so I'd like to try and keep it. I am trying to challenge myself. In this way, I can learn to: make better games and improve rags and debugging skills as well. I may still end up taking some portions out, but I'd like to try and keep them first.

2. Turn the coding over to someone else-I have no delusions that I'm a top rags programer. All I was trying to say was that I have learned a good deal of rags over three games now. I have worked with ehlanna and each of my games has some coding from her. I'm sure she would help me if I asked, but I learn more when I struggle through the process myself first.

I sincerely wish that you finish a game one day, but really I doubt; if you refuse just now to admit the errors in your Rags structure.

I consider my first game largely finished. There are parts I could go back and put more closure on, but its' complete. The second needs works as I have discussed above, but comments from player's gave me the impression that its' issues weren't major ones and didn't get in the way of the game play. It sounds like you disagree and that's fine.

My last and only recommendation: reduce the dimension and complexity of the games if you want to finish them alone, or your "demos" will stay "demos" forever.
Be happy...

I'm sure that we will continue to disagree about how I should proceed. That's fine as well. It's a spare time project that I've chosen to take the opportunity to learn from. I may very well end up using one or both suggestions to some degree.

I appreciate that you have taken the time to provide me with your insights on what you think would make the game better. I'm not sure what your intentions were with some of them though or how they are meant to be helpful. Ie saying the game was unplayable, that no endings could be reached, and that you doubt I'll ever finish a game for examples. You have said yourself that you have made progress in the game. I've heard from a number of players who have reached multiple endings. My first game is completed, or if debated, extremely close to being so. It may not be your intention, but the comments come off harsh and I believe I have supported my contention that they are not the case. I believe the game is playble but needs work. Thus my interest in yours and other player's impressions.

As I said, I don't think we are understanding each other very well. I think it would be helpful to hear your specific impressions as it would lend to making a better game.
lydia
great white shark

Postby cheese101 » Wed, 11Jan05 21:46

the links you have posted don;t seem to be working? does anyone know another way i can pllay them(without breaching lydias rule of course)
cheese101
star of the reef

Postby Ehlanna » Thu, 11Jan06 02:35

You will need to go to the hypnopics collective, sign up and request a link in the relevant thread.
Ehlanna
star of the reef

Postby MARYNOM » Thu, 11Jan06 02:54

You will need to go to the hypnopics collective, sign up and request a link in the relevant thread.

yeah and wait wait wait and then you will need to do some more waiting XD
she is overloaded with PM's so prepare for some serious waiting :D

I am still waiting for response about Dartmoth Manor :)
MARYNOM
great white shark

Postby cheese101 » Thu, 11Jan06 08:19

i asked for both uni sim and dartmoth,got pms back withon a day(after posting here)
uni sim is gone til dartmoth is finished at least
cheese101
star of the reef

Postby Sylakone » Mon, 11Jan10 09:45

Hi really would like to test this game out but rapidshare link is saying the file unavailable.

Cheers
Sylakone
great white shark

Postby Stefan89 » Mon, 11Jan10 13:44

i would love to play this game....but i cant download it :(
could someone send it to me (a link or something from where i could download) in a pm
Stefan89
Pilot fish

Postby Ehlanna » Mon, 11Jan10 14:30

Look 5 posts up ...
Ehlanna
star of the reef

Postby magnilan » Thu, 11Jan20 11:08

Anyone know how to register for a hypnopics account? I've been trying for months but no luck. Keep getting an error saying that my registration was blocked by their spam filter. Emailed their admin mesmereyes several times but never received a reply. Is it my location? Or my ISP? Help!! Thanks.
magnilan
great white shark

Postby Hey Chief » Wed, 11Jan26 09:20

Hi, I found that to register there at "hypnopics" you must not click on the "remember me" box on the registration screen.
I hope this help as I just finished "Dartmoth Manor" an excelent game! thanks
Hey Chief
lagoon predator

Postby mgunter » Thu, 11Jan27 19:40

Ehlanna wrote : You will need to go to the hypnopics collective, sign up and request a link in the relevant thread.

She is not letting people play this game.
mgunter
great white shark

Postby Gullo » Thu, 11Mar17 01:02

anyone can pass me the game? the link don't work! thx
Gullo
great white shark

Postby psycho72 » Thu, 11Mar17 14:50

Hey lyd glad to know you are still going active with the game. any development on the emma route? been a while though
psycho72
lagoon predator

Postby Ehlanna » Thu, 11Mar17 19:19

psycho72 wrote : Hey lyd glad to know you are still going active with the game. any development on the emma route? been a while though

Lydia tends not to post here any more ... try on Hypnopics?
Ehlanna
star of the reef

PreviousNext

Return to RAGS games