University SIm2-Lyd Creations

The specific forum for rags games creators

Re: University SIm2-Lyd Creations

Postby lydia » Tue, 10Apr13 06:20

Drako wrote : Thanks, thanks thanks!! Downloading now!

You are very welcome. It was your post stating the issues with hypno and requesting a link that made me decide to create this thread. I had planned on waiting for the next manor update to be my first trial game here. So this thread, and what may become of it, is in your honor. But no pressure or anything. [img]images/icones/icon17.gif[/img]
lydia
great white shark

Postby lydia » Tue, 10Apr13 06:31

Tjommi wrote : I guess I opened up a can of worms here,
I suggest we take this particular discussion to another thread, but with a spoiler button I ment what Henrik said. I talked briefly with shark and he said this would be difficult to implement here. I wanted to share the colour option with the people here in this thread at least this is the kind of thread where there are very likely to be alot of spoilers and they were looking for some way ... well you get what I mean.

Seems like a point of interest. Well said by both of you. I'm familiar with the button from hypno, and it is a great feature to have. But, yes please, this is a game discussion thread. A good topic for discussion though.

allrightythen great game yes ?

There can be a bit of a confusion whether it's someone not familar with dating sims or from my additions to the genre such as the mood. Plus the game tends to be more involved than many of the click through adventures. But both files have seen some interest judging from the download counts. I take this as a good sign.
lydia
great white shark

Postby foobar » Tue, 10Apr13 18:56

Hey!
Could you reupload the guide? It's just simply not working for me
foobar
great white shark

Postby lydia » Wed, 10Apr14 04:45

foobar wrote : Hey!
Could you reupload the guide? It's just simply not working for me

I just tried the link and it was working fine. Don't know why it was choosing to be difficult for you, but I can only suggest you try the link again.
lydia
great white shark

Postby Henrik » Wed, 10Apr14 07:29

link works for me as well. its a text file, should be able to open with windows notepad.
Henrik
great white shark

Postby foobar » Wed, 10Apr14 16:00

Yeah it's good now. Rapidshare didn't work, it didn't give me the option to download after i clicked free download
foobar
great white shark

Postby justme » Sun, 10Apr18 06:44

Cara does have a nice path and it's is a very good thing to see her out of her doctor's uniform. It is less complex than some of the other stories which makes sense when it was one of the last updates. As far as side characters go, my vote would go to Carla for the most interesting storyline. Second place would be to Stephanie, but only because her path is more complete than Cara's. Corwin getting to the bottom of what Cara was dreaming about sounds promising.

I would have liked to see more girls datable in the traditional sim dating style. I understand that there is going to be an effort towards this for a future version. I haven't found another Rags game like it in game style. The replay from the multiple endings gives the game more life than almost any Rags game I have ever played. Two thumbs up.
justme
great white shark

Postby blevins29 » Tue, 10Apr20 17:50

Lydia - I encountered a major hangup in the University 2 game. On day 7 (Sunday) I went to town and decided to work at the art gallery twice. That used up my entire 100 hps. I was then unable to get back to my apartment to sleep. The main character never lit up with that option and no matter where I went in town or what I attempted to do a path to sleep and HP restoration never appeared.
blevins29
great white shark

Postby justme » Wed, 10Apr21 08:02

blevins29:

Lydia isn't well, so I'm going to try to help you on this one. I worked at the art gallery on most of the first week. This included day 7. Once I moved back to Taylor Industries, I was able to return to the apartment. This is the way I remember it from playing the game perhaps more than anyone but Lydia. She would need to double check the coding to see if any stats might factor into the apartment not being available. Do you recall what you mostly spent the first week doing?
justme
great white shark

Postby blevins29 » Wed, 10Apr21 18:29

Justme - I did a variety of things the first week. Went to class, visited every area (park, gym, etc.), chatted with numerous women, etc. But on day 7 I spent my entire 100 hps working at the art gallery. After doing so I was unable to return to my apartment. Believe me, I went to every area possible and used every option possible but the apartment was never an option and the main character never was highlighted so that choice could be made by clicking on him.
I hope Lydia's illness is not serious. Thanks for trying to help her out.
blevins29
great white shark

Postby justme » Thu, 10Apr22 02:58

blevins29:

Lydia's my best friend, so we've been through just about everything together. She's having 2 issues at once. Can't treat the second until the first is out of the way. Thanks for asking.

I have played this game so many times and have never had this happen. I made sure to work the full day at the art gallery on Sunday and I still had the option to return to the apartment once I re-entered Taylor Industries. I can only guess it is stat related. With so many of them, it would be hard to test all combinations. I have only one guess left. I'll try this and see if I end up unable to return to the apartment.
justme
great white shark

Postby Macca » Thu, 10Apr22 15:34

Just me have you tried saving at this point then reloading saved game this is what i did when the same probelm occured for me then i was able to continue with game hope this helps
Macca
Pilot fish

Postby AngryH » Sat, 10Apr24 00:47

Nice game indeed, although I preferred the first University Sim, because it is more "straight-to-the-point" (you have to do this, and you have to do it this way!) So far I managed to reach Carla's ending (the most straightforward I think) and two bad engings. I'm having the hardest time with the others, any help will be appreciated.

[SPOILER WARNING]

[I tried to change the text color but it didn't work]

[You'VE BEEN WARNED]

1. Where is "the new career" with Cara that Lydia is talking about in her post? Do I have to do something more than having my ass kicked an getting first aid / rehab? I'm quite interested to understand what she's talking about in her sleep...

2. The reading about Charlie is a little hazy, so to speak. So she likes business-oriented people. There are at least two matching stats: intelligence and charm. BUT, when I study "business relations" or something like that, my "faith" grows. Faithful, smart, charming, all of them?

3. Stephanie. No clue. I she "playable"?

4. Nicci. I meet her during med class, I talk with her and she says I have a bad reputation. What's the next level, if there's any?

5. The attorney. Does she do anything at all?

6. Mind Control. What's the use of it, other to charm Carla (which is a total waste of time, IMO, since you already see her in her bikini, you definitely don't want to waste your energy and hp seeing her in a maid suit...)
AngryH
lagoon predator

sex: Masculine

Postby justme » Sun, 10Apr25 02:24

Macca wrote : Just me have you tried saving at this point then reloading saved game this is what i did when the same probelm occured for me then i was able to continue with game hope this helps

I still haven't been able to make this error occur. Thank you for sharing your solution. It is not an ideal fix but at least provides a working way around the problem.
justme
great white shark

Postby justme » Sun, 10Apr25 03:10

AngryH wrote : Nice game indeed, although I preferred the first University Sim, because it is more "straight-to-the-point" (you have to do this, and you have to do it this way!)

I'm still only filling in but I will try to answer questions. The games represent two different styles of play with puzzle and dating sim. I guess it would be a matter of player preference. I'm sure Lydia will be glad to hear that you liked both of them.

So far I managed to reach Carla's ending (the most straightforward I think) and two bad engings. I'm having the hardest time with the others, any help will be appreciated.

I'm not sure who you may be missing or how much assistance you would like. I'll offer some general hints from my own game play. I don't have the information to give you requirements or anything like that. I found the guide very helpful if you have not downloaded it yet. I think that with the time limitations that it is a good thing to concentrate on one girl. I would try to find out what she liked and what activities she would show up at. For me this was something of trial and error. What I learned from one game was usually too late to get an ending. But I could use that information on the next game.

[SPOILER WARNING]

[I tried to change the text color but it didn't work]

[You'VE BEEN WARNED]

1. Where is "the new career" with Cara that Lydia is talking about in her post? Do I have to do something more than having my ass kicked an getting first aid / rehab? I'm quite interested to understand what she's talking about in her sleep...

I am not sure how much help you are looking for. Suffice it to say that Cara gets out of the doctor's office so look for her to appear in new locations after Pierre puts the player under her care. I know about the sleep talking by playing a newer version that wasn't released. The perks of knowing the writer. I think Lydia was wondering if the story line was appealing to players. The resolution of her sleep talk isn't available in the posted version.

2. The reading about Charlie is a little hazy, so to speak. So she likes business-oriented people. There are at least two matching stats: intelligence and charm. BUT, when I study "business relations" or something like that, my "faith" grows. Faithful, smart, charming, all of them?

I have read the forum posts on the hypno site and other players had to work at this reading also. I do not know what the requirements are. Athletics would seem a given to be a high figure. I like to have a good balanced character after a high athletic score to pursue Charlie.

3. Stephanie. No clue. I she "playable"?

Stephanie is available. I was trying to pursue Charlie when I stumbled on Stephanie's path. When you see Charlie hanging out with a school teacher you are close.

4. Nicci. I meet her during med class, I talk with her and she says I have a bad reputation. What's the next level, if there's any?

Nicci is also available. Nicci is an old fashion girl who doesn't like Carla's crowd. I try to avoid being anywhere I have seen Carla when I am pursuing Nicci.

5. The attorney. Does she do anything at all?

Not in this version.

6. Mind Control. What's the use of it, other to charm Carla (which is a total waste of time, IMO, since you already see her in her bikini, you definitely don't want to waste your energy and hp seeing her in a maid suit...)

I have always need mc to get Carla's ending. MC is also needed for some of the paths for Charlie as well. Did you attend amature night?

My suggestions are based on my game play and some inside information from knowing the writer. It should be enough to get the different endings but is not a real replacement for what Lydia would be able to recommend. Good luck on the other endings.
justme
great white shark

PreviousNext

Return to RAGS games