Detective X

The specific forum for rags games creators

Re: Detective X

Postby yads » Sat, 10Aug07 21:14

Hi guys,

I'm working on a new game and it is almost completed, except a few minor things (descrïptions for the rooms, the intro part, etc).

Since this is quite big, I will also need your help:
- one person to proof read the text (there are around 53 pages with more than 16.500 words)
- some other guys to do the beta testing

If anyone is interested, please send me a PM and I will give you the link to the latest test version.

Many thanks.

UPDATE 04.09.2010: Finally the game is ready and it can be downloaded from here:

Password: M0reB00bies

http://rapidshare.com/files/416981037/D ... v0.9.3.rag

I'm sure that there will be some more bugs, but I think this is inevitable. Anyway, thanks again to everybody who helped me with this and I wish to all of you to have fun playing the game.
yads
sirens hunter

Postby krzysiek88 » Sat, 10Aug07 22:28

I can do it the beta testing
krzysiek88
great white shark

Postby phinn » Sun, 10Aug08 05:40

Ill repeat in PM but Id be honored to help you with anything you wish, beta, proof read, or whatever in a couple of different languages too if you need it.

Pete
phinn
great white shark

Postby yads » Sun, 10Aug08 15:02

hi all,

Please check your PM for the link and let me know in case I missed somebody. Thanks.
yads
sirens hunter

Postby Son-of-Odin » Mon, 10Aug09 10:20

Hi Yads.
First let me say: Congrats for this awesome game. I really enjoyed playing in and it took hold of me for hours. also the girls and their pics are great.[img]kator/smiley229.gif[/img] But now what I found:
[*]Maybe you should write a little Introtext.
[*]The "Examine"-parts. It´s no MUST, but I think it´d be better if there were some. They needn´t to be big, only a few words are enough (for example the wireless camera: A little wireless camera for the buttonhole with a mic to record scenes and conversations).
[*]Perhaps it´d be easier for the player if you give the texts different colours for each person.
[*]I´m not sure (my english is not so good) but I think there are some spelling errors and typos (Angelina - Angeline, for example). But it doesn´t matter for me it´s all understandable and maybe you´ll find a proofreader who corrects it.
[*]I haven´t found out why I´m living in the 3rd floor and the elevator ends here. When you enter the elevator in the 4th floor you can choose "Up to the 3rd floor". I think you should let the elevator end in the 3rd floor. Also it´d be better if you can only choose "3rd floor", "Groudfloor", etc.
[*]At the end of the game you can daily call Sabrina and get every day 3000 € .
[*]The picture of Natalie: It would be nicer if you can´t take it but rather get it as a reward after the balcony-scene.

I hope this helps you to go further. All in all it´s a really good game. And sorry again for my bad english but I think you´ll understand what I mean.
Congrats again.

Son of Odin
Son-of-Odin
star of the reef

Postby zolkesh2 » Mon, 10Aug09 20:44

hi willing to help and just wondering if you have any rough idea when this wil be released for all to enjoy.
zolkesh2
Pilot fish

Postby bredster » Mon, 10Aug09 23:47

Hi.

Were i can get the game?
bredster
great white shark

Postby Henrik » Tue, 10Aug10 02:09

If you need a proof-reader, I'll offer my help. (Look, ma, I even used capitalization in this post.)
Henrik
great white shark

Postby jkast91 » Wed, 10Aug11 18:46

Good game. I was wondering if there was a way to make more money. Also how do you find a different way to find out about the pills?
jkast91
great white shark

sex: Masculine

Postby Son-of-Odin » Wed, 10Aug11 23:25

bredster wrote : Hi.

Were i can get the game?

Try to ask Yads in a PM, if he sends you a link. For now its in beta-testing stadium. I don´t know when Yads release an open beta.
Son-of-Odin
star of the reef

Postby yads » Wed, 10Aug11 23:27

For all of you who sent me PMs for beta testing, please be patient until this weekend since I want to add more content and also do some corrections (thanks to the initial beta testing). I will give you the link once the new version is ready.

Once again, thank you for your help.
yads
sirens hunter

Postby Son-of-Odin » Wed, 10Aug11 23:27

jkast91 wrote : Good game. I was wondering if there was a way to make more money. Also how do you find a different way to find out about the pills?

About the pills you should manage to get an invitation to the party.
Son-of-Odin
star of the reef

Postby Son-of-Odin » Wed, 10Aug11 23:35

Chapeau, Mr. Yads [img]smile/tracker.gif[/img]
after your hint I got the Jenna-Ending, Angelina-Ending, Natalie-Ending. Is there any chance to get a Sabrina on vacation?

Did I miss something? The 2nd floor is and stays empty [img]smile/pcrying.gif[/img]
Son-of-Odin
star of the reef

Postby Son-of-Odin » Wed, 10Aug11 23:53

One more question:
After going to the party with Angelina I bring her home. There she says I must promise to visit her the next day. After sleeping there´s no chance to visit her. The only thing I can do is to invite her for the vacation. Is this a bug or did I miss something?
Son-of-Odin
star of the reef

Postby bredster » Tue, 10Aug17 22:27

Hi, so... when do game ready? i really want to play)
bredster
great white shark

Next

Return to RAGS games