Yet Another Dating Sim

The specific forum for rags games creators

Re: Yet Another Dating Sim

Postby yads » Tue, 09Dec29 15:18

Hi everybody,

I'm reading this forum for a few years now, and I want to bring my contribution to this excellent community. Is just a small game, still under development, but it should give you some fun... at least this is what I'm hoping.

First of all I want to say that I'm sorry for my bad english, I hope this will not ruin the fun for some of the guys/girls around here. Also, I'm open to suggestions, critics, anything that could make the game better.

Yet Another Dating Sim v0.1
http://rapidshare.com/files/327425169/YADS_v0.1.rag

Yet Another Dating Sim v0.2.1
http://rapidshare.com/files/330696159/YADS_v0.2.1.rag

Yet Another Dating Sim v0.2.2
http://rapidshare.com/files/331161885/YADS_v0.2.2.rag

Yet Another Dating Sim v0.2.3
http://rapidshare.com/files/333123419/YADS_v0.2.3.rag

To play the game you will need RAGS Player, which can be downloaded from here:
http://www.ragsgame.com/Downloads/Ragss ... .9.9.2.exe
http://www.ragsgame.com/Downloads/RagsS ... .3.0.0.exe

The game was created using the 0.9.9.2 version (free), but it should be fine also if you are using the latest version of RAGS Player (v1.3.0.0).

Enjoy!!!
yads
sirens hunter

Postby andPS2 » Tue, 09Dec29 16:43

nice game
not bad for a first try
is it possible to get another ending
than her getting tired and needing her
beauty sleep?
andPS2
lagoon predator

Postby yads » Tue, 09Dec29 17:39

Sorry, I forgot to mention, but there are 3 endings, depending on what you buy for her. The one with the beauty sleep is a bad one.
yads
sirens hunter

Postby moonkee » Tue, 09Dec29 20:01

Game can only be downloaded by being a premium subscriber to rapid share... any free link?
moonkee
great white shark

Postby 60nowise » Tue, 09Dec29 20:09

@moonkee:in the moment it can only be downloaded, when you are prem. Wait a bit and try again - in the (european) morning time are more open slots for free users. [img]images/icones/icon10.gif[/img]
60nowise
star of the reef

Postby andPS2 » Tue, 09Dec29 21:48

no matter what a buy only that one ending
what else is required?
andPS2
lagoon predator

Postby andPS2 » Tue, 09Dec29 22:03

ok got it ;)
andPS2
lagoon predator

Postby almeida67 » Tue, 09Dec29 22:25

Yes, your small experiment runs in any version, because of so small needs from RAGS engine. But for 30 bucks, I think you could get the last software and access the RAGS forum and support to learn a little.
I can't call it a game till now. If I want to see hot chicks photos, there are other ways to see them.
RAGS suppose that if you choose a 12 rooms basis (I count 12, perhaps I'm wrong), is that you are using them, and something happens in each one, not to make the player think that something will happen, and he just use the mouse for nothing. For your work a 4 room should be enough.
Work a LOT more, and publish it when you will think you have something to show.
Take a look in Rough Landing 1.2.rag or in Debtutante-1080-01.rag. Perhaps you can learn a lot, and they didn't put a password to avoid the Designer analysis, as you have. And they have real puzzles in the game.
Try to not make other people loose its time.
almeida67
lagoon predator

Postby hapser » Tue, 09Dec29 22:39

hmm i keep getting that bad end
anychance i can get some pointers for this game?
hapser
Pilot fish

Postby Trucla » Wed, 09Dec30 01:59

almeida67 wrote : Yes, your small experiment runs in any version, because of so small needs from RAGS engine. But for 30 bucks, I think you could get the last software and access the RAGS forum and support to learn a little.
I can't call it a game till now. If I want to see hot chicks photos, there are other ways to see them.
RAGS suppose that if you choose a 12 rooms basis (I count 12, perhaps I'm wrong), is that you are using them, and something happens in each one, not to make the player think that something will happen, and he just use the mouse for nothing. For your work a 4 room should be enough.
Take a look in Rough Landing 1.2.rag or in Debtutante-1080-01.rag. Perhaps you can learn a lot, and they didn't put a password to avoid the Designer analysis, as you have. And they have real puzzles in the game.
Thanks for advice, Almeida, as I used to be a fan of RAGS (from v0.4.1), which I think is the best engine for combining text with images (photos and videos included) in a very clever and harmonious way. Any links for Rough Landing and Debutante? You may send them by PM, and no, I'm not allergic to Rapidshare, only to Deposit Files... ;)

Thanks!
Trucla
If a guy is hungry, don't feed him! Just offer a fishing rod and teach him fishing!
Trucla
legend of the South Seas

sex: Masculine

Postby almeida67 » Wed, 09Dec30 02:51

Hi Trucla,
For Rags games no need of Rapidshare or Deposit.
http://www.delron.org.uk/d_aif_games.htm has some of them
http://hypnopics-collective.net/ has all of them.
after free inscrïption just make the search as RAGS and you get them
http://www.aifgames.com/ has some of them if you are already registered. It's also free.
But the best place is hypnopics. Besides they have all, they also kept the latest versions.
But in hypnopics you have also a lot of bad ones. About 19 games between good and bad
And don't be afraid, the 22 Mb of this game in this topic was just inexperience.
One of these days I will make a topic for RAGS, as one for ADRIFT and another for TADS games. Or make it yourself. Don't stay in this topic.
RAGS is a wonderful software, but I didn't really found a great game there till now, but Rough Landing is quite good.
The link to download the last engine
http://www.ragsgame.com/Downloads/RagsS ... .3.0.0.exe
is correct.
Feliz ano.
almeida67
lagoon predator

Postby Tjommi » Wed, 09Dec30 06:46

I want to thank you for 2 things actually. I want to thank you for introducing me to this program, hehe and second for sharing your game with us here. tested your game, and I can only congratulate you on a job well done. The game was a bit short but that is to be expected as this was your first game. You got talent for storytelling. This was erotic without beeing vulgar or cheesy, and I can imagine it wasn't easy to write this stuff. It took me couple of tries before I got passed your "trap " The reward in the end was nice, all 3 of them.

I am usually quite harsh when I review games here, however in your case with this game I didn't see the need to. I could if I wanted to point out stuff that could have been better, but I don't think it's neccesary. As a first project this was a good game. In fact better than many of the other simular games out there. I am looking forward to your next project, and I hope you continue with the good stories, and I am sure that the next project you present us is bigger and better.
Tjommi
star of the reef

Postby psycho72 » Wed, 09Dec30 08:55

have uploaded most of rags games made beta as well as completecheck it out
link is at http://tfgamessite.com
Happy New to all in advance
psycho72
lagoon predator

Postby yads » Wed, 09Dec30 14:47

Hi all,

First of all, thanks for playing it and for the feedback.

From the very beginning, the idea of this game was to introduce RAGS to more people than the communities from http://hypnopics-collective.net and http://tfgamessite.com. I think RAGS is great for creating games and I really want to see more games (good games) made using it.
Yes, your small experiment runs in any version, because of so small needs from RAGS engine. But for 30 bucks, I think you could get the last software and access the RAGS forum and support to learn a little.

For what I had in mind for the first release, the free version was enough.

Some people, including me, are enjoying watching nice pictures with a story attached. Is that story has also some interactivity... even better. Is just a matter of taste.

There are even more rooms than what it can be accessed from the game, but removing everything which wasn't used... I don't think it will make it better: having the house with only the living, the kitchen and the balcony doesn't look much of a house. Anyway, to avoid confusion I didn't add any useless objects in the rooms.

I'm completely agree with you here. I have the same feeling when I try a new game and I'm hoping that it will be good. In most of the cases is disappointing, but not necessarily because of the game itself, but because of the high expectation. Anyway, try to understand that I cannot work for weeks at something completely stupid and then release it - it will be useless for everybody. I believe, at least for the beginning, having small project with good feedback from the players is a better way to create something good.
Take a look in Rough Landing 1.2.rag or in Debtutante-1080-01.rag

Actually I have played all the RAGS games from hypnopics-collective and tfgamessite. There are just not my type and I found Rough Landing 1.2.rag or in Debtutante-1080-01.rag not so great. But, as I said, is just a matter of taste.
they didn't put a password to avoid the Designer analysis, as you have. And they have real puzzles in the game.

I set the password for only one thing: to "force" the player to find the way to the end as intended to and not by looking in the source. I spent 3 days making it, I just want you to spent 30 mins playing it. I think is fair. Regarding the "real" puzzles, again is a matter of taste, but this time I'm also agree with you. I think some real puzzles are necessary.

I'm sorry to hear that, but I think you are too harsh and you missed the introduction part: Is just a small game, still under development, but it should give you some fun.

For the future, I want to add some more things and then release it again. The second release will still have a password, but I will be happy to share it with anybody who thinks and, of course, wants to add content to it.

I'm not crazy enough to think I can create only myself a super, mega game. It takes a lot of time to make a story, search pictures for it, change the story several times to adapt it to what pictures you found, think about some traps, puzzles, etc.

Also, to create quality games, you need to be a very good story teller and have a creative imagination, which I think I'm lacking, both. My personal favorite game will have some of the wonderful stories from aif games but with pictures.

Since I'm not able to write stories like the ones from aif games, I think the Ariane game approach is more suitable: you can create very good games without having a lot of text attached to it.

Happy New Year to all of you !!!
yads
sirens hunter

Postby almeida67 » Wed, 09Dec30 18:15

yads, No offense in my post, I expect, but normally I am quite critic about games, and perhaps also too much direct.
When I saw the 22Mb dimension of your game, I expected a huge game.
With Ulead SmartSaver you can reduce the dimension of your pics, and reduce the game to about 1Mb, or less.
You can add rooms for real needs, during the development. Really it is frustrating to move for nothing.
But even me I would like to see Rags games independent from hypnopics orientation.
I open a topic exclusive for Rags games, and I expect the people who wants to participate go there from now.
This is your game topic exclusively.
Happy New Year to you too!
almeida67
lagoon predator

Next

Return to RAGS games