General Chat

A quiet place at the lagoon side for speaking about all and nothing (the financial crisis, sex, your country, sex, hobbies, or...sex)

Re: General Chat

Postby Joe.Pizza » Thu, 18Apr26 02:12

PinkVendeta wrote:Pacific Rim 1 was very good, liked it, part 2 was ok.

The Movie Battleship (2012) was great, I mean Navy vs Aliens on mostly water made for a pretty epic movie, the Arleigh Burke Destroyer was lethal from a distance with its cruise missiles, torpedo and sea wizard gatling gun vs smaller alien sea bound ships.

But lets be honest here :lol: the USS Missouri Battleship was epic in a one on one fight from close range vs the big alien sea ship, I mean it pounded the aliens into bits :lol: and then once attacked by the aliens it took a pounding and it kept dishing out more damage to the aliens, Battleships dont sink to easily at all [img]smile/eek.gif[/img] .

PR 1 was an intriguing movie. Funny thing was I kept catching it in the middle on HBO while channel surfing. I finally DVR the movie. It's nice to be able to see the movie from the beginning so I can know what it was about. Of course, me being a guy, found the Asian woman lead as the most intriguing part. Simple pleasures for a one-track mind. :lol:

I like Battleship. To me, it was like Die Hard 2. Both fun movies as long as one suspends reality and just enjoy the wild ride. Examples: For Battleship, would there actually be gunpowder on a floating museum to fire the guns? For Die Hard 2, Bruce Willis ejecting from a C-130? (Cool! Except there are no ejection seats in cargo planes).

That being said, they were cool stories and the actors made them fun. To me, I rather have fun, than worry about the illogical parts. If I notice any "artistic license", I just laugh and continue enjoying the ride.
Joe.Pizza
lagoon predator

sex: Masculine

Postby PinkVendeta » Thu, 18Apr26 12:26

Who knows what is lying about in the parts of a floating museum that You do not have access to ;) :lol:

Im not someone who sits down and fault finds in movies :lol: my brain is setup for major problem solving as You know, but I put on my cozy's, get my pringles, diet coke, sit back and relax and watch in this case the Navy kick some alien ass at sea :lol:
I Am Not speaking From Experience - I Just Have A Vivid Imagination

Hannah
PinkVendeta
legend of the South Seas

sex: Female

Postby PinkVendeta » Sun, 18Apr29 11:01

Watched Avengers: Infinity War and it was epic, a little annoyed as it part 1 of 2 though, well worth a watch none the less.

Hannah
PinkVendeta
legend of the South Seas

Postby Greyelf » Mon, 18Apr30 01:58

PinkVendeta wrote:Watched Avengers: Infinity War and it was epic, a little annoyed as it part 1 of 2 though, well worth a watch none the less.

I likes the film too and had the same little annoyance, as well as a possible extra one of it having a story line slightly different to what I remember of the original comics.
(too lazy to get them out of storage to check if I'm right or just miss-remembering)
Greyelf
star of the reef

Postby HeyChief » Mon, 18Apr30 03:28

If you ever been on one you would know how hard they are to sink.
HeyChief
lagoon predator

Postby PinkVendeta » Mon, 18Apr30 21:31

Greyelf wrote:
PinkVendeta wrote:Watched Avengers: Infinity War and it was epic, a little annoyed as it part 1 of 2 though, well worth a watch none the less.

I likes the film too and had the same little annoyance, as well as a possible extra one of it having a story line slightly different to what I remember of the original comics.
(too lazy to get them out of storage to check if I'm right or just miss-remembering)

Comics are good, but Hollywood never sticks to the comics, which in some cases is a good thing :lol:

Hannah
PinkVendeta
legend of the South Seas

Postby PinkVendeta » Wed, 18May02 14:31

Watched Crimson Peak (2015), anyone seen it, was not sure what to make of it being honest.

Hannah
PinkVendeta
legend of the South Seas

Postby PinkVendeta » Thu, 18May10 19:04

Just watched my first ever REALLY old black & white movie :D 1941

It is called : Pimpernel Smith and it is well worth a watch, info on it can be found below from wikipedia.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/"Pimpernel"_Smith

Hannah
PinkVendeta
legend of the South Seas

Postby Joe.Pizza » Fri, 18May11 01:38

PinkVendeta wrote:Im not someone who sits down and fault finds in movies :lol: my brain is setup for major problem solving as You know, but I put on my cozy's, get my pringles, diet coke, sit back and relax and watch in this case the Navy kick some alien ass at sea :lol:

Change the Diet coke to Sprite or lemonade and I can agree wholeheartedly. Sugar substitutes don't work for me. [img]kator/smiley27.gif[/img] [img]kator/smiley27.gif[/img]
Joe.Pizza
lagoon predator

Postby Joe.Pizza » Fri, 18May11 01:42

Greyelf wrote:

Haven't seen the new Avengers yet, but looking forward taking my wife to see it on a date night. [img]images/icones/icon13.gif[/img]

I'm looking forward to taking my grandkids to see "The Incredibles 2" in June. Enjoyed the first one.
Joe.Pizza
lagoon predator

Postby Joe.Pizza » Sat, 18May12 02:46

PinkVendeta wrote:Just watched my first ever REALLY old black & white movie :D 1941

It is called : Pimpernel Smith and it is well worth a watch, info on it can be found below from wikipedia.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/"Pimpernel"_Smith

I may seen that with my mom when visiting my parents. She likes to watch all of the old black and white movies. I'll check it out to see if I had indeed seen it.

B&W movies with Bette Davis are good, but very intense. She played her roles so well, one was tempted to hate her. "Whatever happened to Baby Jane" is a good one to watch. Bette Davis and Joan Crawford did not get along IRL, so Bette turned up her characters evilness an extra notch.

Of course, if you like a 70's B&W movie, "Young Frankenstein" is a fun watch.
Joe.Pizza
lagoon predator

Postby PinkVendeta » Sun, 18May13 11:56

Joe.Pizza wrote:
Haven't seen the new Avengers yet, but looking forward taking my wife to see it on a date night. [img]images/icones/icon13.gif[/img]

I'm looking forward to taking my grandkids to see "The Incredibles 2" in June. Enjoyed the first one.

Was not a fan of the incredibles tbh, though I did like Moana :D

Hannah
PinkVendeta
legend of the South Seas

Postby PinkVendeta » Sun, 18May13 11:58

Joe.Pizza wrote:I may seen that with my mom when visiting my parents. She likes to watch all of the old black and white movies. I'll check it out to see if I had indeed seen it.

B&W movies with Bette Davis are good, but very intense. She played her roles so well, one was tempted to hate her. "Whatever happened to Baby Jane" is a good one to watch. Bette Davis and Joan Crawford did not get along IRL, so Bette turned up her characters evilness an extra notch.

Of course, if you like a 70's B&W movie, "Young Frankenstein" is a fun watch.

I saw Young Frankenstein already, pretty funny movie :lol:

I see DeadPool 2 is out of tuesday [img]smile/eek.gif[/img] oh hell yea :D

Hannah
PinkVendeta
legend of the South Seas

Postby PinkVendeta » Tue, 18May15 16:26

Just watched 2 movies.

Rampage (2018) with the Rock, pretty good movie, worth a watch.

Ready Player One (2018), this is a great movie, even epic actually, worth 2+ hours of anyone's time.

Hannah
PinkVendeta
legend of the South Seas

Postby Greyelf » Tue, 18May15 22:29

PinkVendeta wrote:Ready Player One (2018), this is a great movie, even epic actually, worth 2+ hours of anyone's time.
My partner and I really enjoyed this movie and were both surprised by how many different companies's Trade Marked(*) characters were in it, from the early Donkey Kong (Mario) franchise to the more recent Star Wars franchise and many major game franchise in between. I would recommend it to anyone, especially gamers who like game referencing movies.

(*) We hoped those companies freely gave the licenses to use them, otherwise the TM/IP cost alone for making this movie would of been horrendously large.
Greyelf
star of the reef

PreviousNext

Return to The beach