General Chat

A quiet place at the lagoon side for speaking about all and nothing (the financial crisis, sex, your country, sex, hobbies, or...sex)

Re: General Chat

Postby Joe.Pizza » Wed, 17Dec13 06:40

Greyelf wrote:It's interesting that people debate the length of the hair on his head but totally accept his lack of a real beard. [img]images/icones/icon14.gif[/img]
(like the one in most images of the Norse god he's based on)

If Thor had the real beard, he would not be as pretty and Hannah would be forced to find another actor to drool over. :lol: (jk)
Joe.Pizza
lagoon predator

sex: Masculine

Postby PinkVendeta » Thu, 17Dec21 07:17

Gotta say no to the beard, aside from the clear yuck reasons of almost 80% of what You crap out into a toilet actually remains on and within a mans beard and tash also, so yea goodluck with kissing men with tash and beards [img]images/icones/icon11.gif[/img] , no thank you :lol:

And in general in movies, no thanks, Thor in movies as a smoothie :D yup me likey very much :lol:
I Am Not speaking From Experience - I Just Have A Vivid Imagination

Hannah
PinkVendeta
legend of the South Seas

sex: Female

Postby PinkVendeta » Thu, 18Jan04 22:39

Anyone recommend any good movies either to go and see or on dvd? (nothing made by libtards or snowflakes tho please :lol: as life is to short for that BS :lol: )

Hannah
PinkVendeta
legend of the South Seas

Postby Greyelf » Fri, 18Jan05 00:10

made by libtards or snowflakes

I am not exactly sure what you mean by those terms so I am not sure if the following is covered by them.

My partner (and I to a lesser degree) greatly enjoyed Paddington 2.

(** my partner and I are both "non-technical category" film judges (both locally produced & internationally produced) for our nation's film institute/academy, so we are encouraged to watch a wide range of film types, although we are not required to watch all movies released within the relevant time period.)
Greyelf
star of the reef

Postby PinkVendeta » Fri, 18Jan05 14:15

I will find Paddington 2 online and watch it, thanks for the share.

Hannah
PinkVendeta
legend of the South Seas

Postby PinkVendeta » Thu, 18Jan11 10:14

Pretty funny movie in parts, though I can see why part one was slammed by critics as it as meant to be a kids movie but had a few to many adult saying and themes hidden in it.

Hannah
PinkVendeta
legend of the South Seas

Postby Joe.Pizza » Sat, 18Jan13 01:15

While surfing the HBO channels I came across a Will Smith effort called "Collateral Beauty". The movie is a drama which covers the sensitive subject of a father dealing with the death of his young child. The critics hated it, but IMDB score was 6.8 out 10 which is pretty good. Frankly, I care less what the critics think.

Being facilitators of a GriefShare program at our church, my wife and I were intrigued with the premise of the movie.
Joe.Pizza
lagoon predator

Postby PinkVendeta » Sat, 18Jan13 01:28

Same here, I have watched both, Movies and TV series that the ALL KNOWING critics slammed, and thought, what the actual fuck do these idiots know :lol:

They slammed the Will Smith Netflix movie Bright, and I loved it, it was great, it could have done without Wills MIB one liners sometimes and could have used more contex to the story, but other than that it was great.

There are I believe 2 or 3 more movies planned and a possible TV Series also from it.

Hannah
PinkVendeta
legend of the South Seas

Postby Joe.Pizza » Sat, 18Jan13 16:43

PinkVendeta wrote:Same here, I have watched both, Movies and TV series that the ALL KNOWING critics slammed, and thought, what the actual fuck do these idiots know :lol:

They slammed the Will Smith Netflix movie Bright, and I loved it, it was great, it could have done without Wills MIB one liners sometimes and could have used more contex to the story, but other than that it was great.

LOL! That's my girl!

I'll check out Bright. Speaking of MIB, I enjoyed the first two, but MIB 3 didn't do much for me. Saw it once, that was enough. I loved the pug Frank in the car at the beginning of MIB 2, However, when Will's character got whiny after K came back, I thought it detracted from the character.
Joe.Pizza
lagoon predator

Postby Greyelf » Sat, 18Jan13 20:46

PinkVendeta wrote:...as it as meant to be a kids movie but had a few to many adult saying and themes hidden in it.

One issue that some makers of content targeting kids (eg. movies and TV shows) try to solve is "How to keep the Parents entertained while they watch the content with their kids", and one common solution to this is to hide "Double Meaning" & "Adult Themed" (visual and audio) content within it. Unfortunately some makers (*) do a better job at inserting such content than others.

(*) In the live children's TV industry one long running show that has been internally recognised for it's general success at keeping Parents entertained is the Australian Play School series.)

ALL KNOWING critics

Many critics either: rate new content against the best example(s) of the relevant genre(s) (or sub-genres); or rate new content against unrelated genres; and doing either of these things is just stupid.
eg, Would smart trainer compare a nine year old kid's running ability against Usain Bolt, or would they compare the kid with other children with the same level of experience?
Greyelf
star of the reef

Postby PinkVendeta » Sun, 18Jan14 11:28

Joe.Pizza wrote:
PinkVendeta wrote:Same here, I have watched both, Movies and TV series that the ALL KNOWING critics slammed, and thought, what the actual fuck do these idiots know :lol:

LOL! That's my girl!

I'll check out Bright. Speaking of MIB, I enjoyed the first two, but MIB 3 didn't do much for me. Saw it once, that was enough. I loved the pug Frank in the car at the beginning of MIB 2, However, when Will's character got whiny after K came back, I thought it detracted from the character.

Bright is worth a watch, though, have your subtitles on for when other non human races are speaking.

Will Smith does make a funny reference, well I thought it was funny and I thought it was aimed at BLM, he beats the shit out of a Fairy and turns to his gang banger neighbors and says, Fairy lives dont matter today, it made me literally giggle :lol:

Hannah
PinkVendeta
legend of the South Seas

Postby PinkVendeta » Sun, 18Jan14 11:46

Greyelf wrote:
PinkVendeta wrote:...as it as meant to be a kids movie but had a few to many adult saying and themes hidden in it.

One issue that some makers of content targeting kids (eg. movies and TV shows) try to solve is "How to keep the Parents entertained while they watch the content with their kids", and one common solution to this is to hide "Double Meaning" & "Adult Themed" (visual and audio) content within it. Unfortunately some makers (*) do a better job at inserting such content than others.

(*) In the live children's TV industry one long running show that has been internally recognised for it's general success at keeping Parents entertained is the Australian Play School series.)

ALL KNOWING critics

Many critics either: rate new content against the best example(s) of the relevant genre(s) (or sub-genres); or rate new content against unrelated genres; and doing either of these things is just stupid.
eg, Would smart trainer compare a nine year old kid's running ability against Usain Bolt, or would they compare the kid with other children with the same level of experience?

If parents need to be entertained while watching a kids TV show, which has had to add adult themes into it to keep parents watching, those parents must have the attention span of a neut in reality.

Keep kids movies, kids tv, kids games, kids music, and kids clothes in shops free of adult themes period, as some of the biggest makers in the market use the kids movies, kids tv, kids games and kids clothes in shops to target and to sexualize kids by the minute, by the hour, by the day and it never ends.

There are all to few actual family values inserted into kids movies, kids tv, kids games, kids music, and kids clothes these days, it is the actual reverse in reality, lets kids be kids and You teach them 100% about the actual nasty world they will have to grow up into.

I mean I read online article saying how Miley Ray Cyrus is an example for kids to follow, and I swear I first bust a gut laughing and then thought, what the actual fuck, and then said, yea sure Miley is an example of how to go from good girl to uber slut in a few moves :lol:

Keep adult themes for adults and kids themes for kids and teach adult to sit and watch knowing it is not about them and weather or not they may get bored, thats parenting :lol: deal with it, with luck deal with it by taking your kids outside to play :lol: not by wondering why kids movies, kids tv, kids games, kids music, and kids clothes do not cater to adults needs and wants :lol: I mean cmon that statement even sounds SILLY :lol:

Hannah
PinkVendeta
legend of the South Seas

Postby Greyelf » Sun, 18Jan14 21:42

PinkVendeta wrote:If parents need to be entertained while watching a kids TV show...

The issue they were originally trying to solve (and have been for over 50 yrs now) was that many parents started using TV as a baby sitter while they did other things (from household chores to earning income to leisure activities), unfortunately parents have moved with the times and learnt how to use more advanced technologies to do the baby sitting in our modern world.

You are correct that parents should learn to perform their duties and responsibilities when it comes to raising their children (spend time with them, help them learn to become active and enjoy the outside world) but unfortunately parents don't always do what they should, and in many cases parents have had little or no training (besides what they have seen others do) on how to raise a child. It is sad that when it comes to one of the most important jobs a person can ever have that the learning of the skills require to do that job well is left up to each individual to obtain themselves, yet we will force people to learn any number of other things (like how to dissect an amphibian or rodent) during their schooling years.

PinkVendeta wrote:Keep kids movies, kids tv, kids games, kids music, and kids clothes in shops free of adult themes period, as some of the biggest makers in the market use the kids movies, kids tv, kids games and kids clothes in shops to target and to sexualize kids by the minute, by the hour, by the day and it never ends.

I totally agree with you, unfortunately until parents stop buying the products (so the child can emulate the popular people that the child likes) there is little incentive for the companies to stop making them. Although a company is legally a person (so they can own things like a real person does) they aren't required to behave the same ways we would expect a responsible person to behave.
Greyelf
star of the reef

Postby PinkVendeta » Mon, 18Jan15 13:19

Greyelf wrote:
PinkVendeta wrote:If parents need to be entertained while watching a kids TV show...

The issue they were originally trying to solve (and have been for over 50 yrs now) was that many parents started using TV as a baby sitter while they did other things (from household chores to earning income to leisure activities), unfortunately parents have moved with the times and learnt how to use more advanced technologies to do the baby sitting in our modern world.

You are correct that parents should learn to perform their duties and responsibilities when it comes to raising their children (spend time with them, help them learn to become active and enjoy the outside world) but unfortunately parents don't always do what they should, and in many cases parents have had little or no training (besides what they have seen others do) on how to raise a child. It is sad that when it comes to one of the most important jobs a person can ever have that the learning of the skills require to do that job well is left up to each individual to obtain themselves, yet we will force people to learn any number of other things (like how to dissect an amphibian or rodent) during their schooling years.

PinkVendeta wrote:Keep kids movies, kids tv, kids games, kids music, and kids clothes in shops free of adult themes period, as some of the biggest makers in the market use the kids movies, kids tv, kids games and kids clothes in shops to target and to sexualize kids by the minute, by the hour, by the day and it never ends.

I totally agree with you, unfortunately until parents stop buying the products (so the child can emulate the popular people that the child likes) there is little incentive for the companies to stop making them. Although a company is legally a person (so they can own things like a real person does) they aren't required to behave the same ways we would expect a responsible person to behave.

You are right, it is a sad but true statement of real facts.

Hannah
PinkVendeta
legend of the South Seas

Postby PinkVendeta » Fri, 18Jan26 12:18

Has anyone seen the new TV series called: The OA?

I wont ruin it for anyone, but check it out online and watch it, it was VERY good.

Hannah
PinkVendeta
legend of the South Seas

PreviousNext

Return to The beach