New organization, new rules

Complete and totally free games (the author can request a non-obligatory financial contribution in thanks or to help him to create new game)

New organization, new rules

Postby shark » Thu, 17Sep14 07:46

The world of sexy games has changed a lot since the creation of the lagoon, more than 10 years ago.
More and more games are associated with a patreon page and some deserve to be shared on this forum.
In agreement with the team, it was decided to change the organization and rules of the forum.The main changes are summarized in this announcement:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4107

Several threads have been moved to match the new organization, but there are still many old threads to move.
Please help us by reporting threads that you think are incorrectly positioned.
shark
Site Admin

sex: Masculine

Re: New organization, new rules

Postby Brontozaurio » Thu, 17Sep14 08:11

thanks for listening the well reasoned desires of the community, it will keep the lagoon as a reference in the erotic games world
Brontozaurio
great white shark

Postby Sarchx » Thu, 17Sep14 15:24

Brilliant!
Thanks for adding this.
Sarchx
Sarchx
lagoon predator

Postby tlaero » Fri, 17Sep15 03:20

This is great, Shark. Thank you for making these changes. I think they make a lot of sense.

Question: Free games like BEW and The Last Sovereign are currently being released in episodes, so they fall in the "Other games" category. When they are completed and no new episodes are going to come out, can their authors request to have their threads moved to the "Free Games" board?

Tlaero
tlaero
Lady Tlaero, games and coding expert

sex: Female

Postby shark » Fri, 17Sep15 06:01

tlaero wrote:Question: Free games like BEW and The Last Sovereign are currently being released in episodes, so they fall in the "Other games" category. When they are completed and no new episodes are going to come out, can their authors request to have their threads moved to the "Free Games" board?

Of course. This is what we have planned.
shark
Site Admin

Postby tlaero » Fri, 17Sep15 06:35

Excellent. The next thing to think about is a game that's similar to a TV show, with multiple "Episodes" that each stand alone, but which contribute to an overall story arc. If someone were to do something like that, we'd have to figure out when and how to move it to Free. Maybe a game like that should have "Seasons" and we treat each season as a full game. So, while you're doing "Episodes" of "Season 1" it's in Other, and when the author end Season 1 (even if it ends on a cliff hanger) he can package it together and move it to Free. Then when Season 2 starts, he starts a new thread in Other and works there until he finishes THAT season.

Just kind of thinking out loud here.

Tlaero
tlaero
Lady Tlaero, games and coding expert

sex: Female

Postby shark » Fri, 17Sep15 08:12

This seems a good idea.
shark
Site Admin

Postby kessie8dn » Fri, 17Sep15 10:56

Sounds lke a good idea Shark - as does Tlearo's suggestion about episodes and seasons (I believe most of Pusooy's recent output would already fit that category).

I'd just like to clarify something.. Which links are allowed under paragraph 2 "Other Sexy Games"?

I find it easier to occasionally subscribe to a single download site but authors don't all use the same one. So if I go to each different author's page on the patrone host I'd either have to subcribe to another host or wait hours for the download (and the numerous undesirable things like popups, etc). So if we're posting links to the free versions of these games should we only use the author's own "patronage" page or can we just link to a "third party" consolidated site
(eg adultgames)
where there are links to a good download site for the free version of the game? 99% of these games contain a link to the author's patronage page anyway, so we wouldn't be denying income from anyone who thinks their game is genuinely good enough for patronage. Personally I'm against giving ongoing payments to somebody who may just decide to drop development at any time. It's not my idea of fun, but each to their own. I just don't want to fall foul of the new rules at the first attempt :)
kessie8dn
lagoon predator

Postby shark » Fri, 17Sep15 11:42

The link have to point to the game that is proposed in the thread. If it's a Patreon page, it must be devoted to this game only.
shark
Site Admin

Postby kessie8dn » Fri, 17Sep15 14:48

shark wrote:The link have to point to the game that is proposed in the thread. If it's a Patreon page, it must be devoted to this game only.

Thanks Shark. I'm sure this idea will ensure the lagoon remains the pre-eminent site for the adult game sector by providing a platform where everyone can find the best (and be warned about the worst) work, wherever it may be found. This was always my "go to" site in the past and I am happy to see that it is likely to continue to be the case.
kessie8dn
lagoon predator

Postby le hérisson » Fri, 17Sep15 16:31

Salut à tous,
Entièrement d'accord avec le reformatage du site et avec la façon dont cela est fait.
le hérisson
star of the reef

Postby Depeche » Fri, 17Sep15 23:11

Bravo Shark, respect pour l'adaptation des règles à la nouvelle forme de développement des jeux par patronage. [img]images/icones/icon10.gif[/img]

On va revoir beaucoup de monde.

Juste ce qu'il fallait pour que le Lagoon, qui se vidait inexorablement, se remplisse à nouveau de tout ce qui se fait de mieux. [img]images/icones/icon7.gif[/img]
Depeche
lagoon predator

Postby thundergod » Sat, 17Sep16 01:36

Thank you, Shark. I was hoping for this sort of change, which preserves the community while dealing realistically with the current world of erotic games.
thundergod
great white shark

Postby shark » Sun, 17Sep17 06:32

I'm sorry, I made a bad manipulation yesterday and several IPs were banned by mistake. I think it's fixed.
shark
Site Admin

Postby Tao Dude » Sun, 17Sep17 11:48

Thanks for this, shark.

I don't have any games, free or paid to share ATM, but the new rules make sense. Once the threads have been reorganised, people will know whether they can play the games for free or that they have to pay or wait for the paid preview games to be released to everyone.
Tao Dude
lagoon predator

Next

Return to Free sexy games