Club Velvet Rose LOP Gold

These games are not complete and/or can be totally or partially reserved for paying members. Open a thread in this section is reserved for active members, read the rules before submit a game.

Re: Club Velvet Rose LOP Gold

Postby Brontozaurio » Fri, 17Feb10 22:12

Last version so far (0.98) allows one saving point, so you can save just after the pole dance and then replay just the rest to choose the different endings.
Sadly the bug of the 3 stars between being with Alex and threesome with her and Natasha still is there making impossible to select the right option :(
Brontozaurio
great white shark

sex: Masculine

Postby Victor » Fri, 17Feb10 23:06

TheGreatJoeGargery wrote:That is perfectly fair criticism of the game. It does have a lot of fetishes and probably doesn't go as far into exploring those individual fetishes as it perhaps should. Being a bit more focused in their sexual content may have been a better approach when developing this game. Looking at it from that perspective I can see why some people called the game a little bland. It seemed that Lesson of Passion was dipping their toe in the water to test the temperature rather than jumping right into the pool.

With all the respect, I dont think you read yoyo opinion the right way. Or maybe you did and then you decided to not respond to it (after the first sentence) and just look at the game from completely different angle then what he was talking about. If that is the case, okay, but for an outsider, it looks confusing.

I believe his point was the same as mine - characters are shitty people, relationship is deeply broken and there is no "right" (meaning nice, decent-like person approach) way to play this game. You either cheat and lie to your wife, pimping her for discretion, end up as cuckold in parallel relationship, end up in sugardaddy relationship, or divorce. There is literally no "good" ending and tbh, those endings are pretty darn negative.

As I mentioned before - games "sending a message", "teaching" you something are okay, but they need to be well written. This one is not. And to be honest - lesson that "swinging is not going to save your broken relationship" is lesson that everyone who had ever been in any relationship should know without sex game telling him so. And if someone really doesnt know that, then, well... such person would prolly need a lot more lessons how to manage their relationships and this one isnt going to save them.
Victor
sirens hunter

Postby Suiko » Sat, 17Feb11 01:39

I don't know if this is a legit criticism, me being an entitled bastard or even if I really should put in 'spoiler', but here I go:

My major complaint about this game is...
NO SEX WITH ZARA! Like, really? The very first character you encounter and have the chance to flirt with and also, in my opinion, the sexiest girl in the game... and all we get is a blowjob that also has the potential to lead to the "bad" ending? What the fuck... more like what the lack of fuck?!
Suiko
Pilot fish

Postby TheGreatJoeGargery » Sat, 17Feb11 05:51

Victor wrote:
TheGreatJoeGargery wrote:That is perfectly fair criticism of the game. It does have a lot of fetishes and probably doesn't go as far into exploring those individual fetishes as it perhaps should. Being a bit more focused in their sexual content may have been a better approach when developing this game. Looking at it from that perspective I can see why some people called the game a little bland. It seemed that Lesson of Passion was dipping their toe in the water to test the temperature rather than jumping right into the pool.

With all the respect, I dont think you read yoyo opinion the right way. Or maybe you did and then you decided to not respond to it (after the first sentence) and just look at the game from completely different angle then what he was talking about. If that is the case, okay, but for an outsider, it looks confusing.

I believe his point was the same as mine - characters are shitty people, relationship is deeply broken and there is no "right" (meaning nice, decent-like person approach) way to play this game. You either cheat and lie to your wife, pimping her for discretion, end up as cuckold in parallel relationship, end up in sugardaddy relationship, or divorce. There is literally no "good" ending and tbh, those endings are pretty darn negative.

As I mentioned before - games "sending a message", "teaching" you something are okay, but they need to be well written. This one is not. And to be honest - lesson that "swinging is not going to save your broken relationship" is lesson that everyone who had ever been in any relationship should know without sex game telling him so. And if someone really doesnt know that, then, well... such person would prolly need a lot more lessons how to manage their relationships and this one isnt going to save them.

You're right, I was replying to this part of the post (I probably should have bolded it):
yoyo34 wrote: However, this does not make for a fun game. IMO, all the people liking it like one of the aspects of the game, usually cheating, some it's the cuckold, other a little group sex, etc, but it's obvious it doesn't do very well the swinging part. Actually a few said that they didn't like the idea of swinging and a game based on that, but were surprised they still liked the game a lot, which IMO says it all.

It just triggered a realization for me and I understood why some people found the game to be "the same old same old". It didn't push any boundaries and seemed very cautious in the exploration of the swinging fetish (and all the periphery fetishes that go with it). In the sexual content there is really nothing that we haven't seen before and if you compare it to other games (especially the two Living With Temptation games) the sexual content was probably done better there for these particular fetishes. It is kind of a problem when The two Living With Temptation games had just as good if not better hotwife/swinging/cuckold content than a game dedicated to those fetishes.

In regards to the game being too depressing and not upbeat enough with every character being various shades of gray, and sending a message, that was a conscious creative choice of the writers and not a fault in the game. It's ok that you don't like the tone of the game but as a criticism it's kind of like going to a tearjerker drama film and complaining that it was poorly written because there just wasn't enough slapstick humor. It's just the game not conforming to your taste and not because that there was a fault in the game itself. It's the difference between saying "I don't like this type of game" rather than saying "This is a bad game".
Last edited by TheGreatJoeGargery on Sat, 17Feb11 06:20, edited 2 times in total.
TheGreatJoeGargery
lagoon predator

Postby TheGreatJoeGargery » Sat, 17Feb11 06:00

Suiko wrote:I don't know if this is a legit criticism, me being an entitled bastard or even if I really should put in 'spoiler', but here I go:

My major complaint about this game is...
NO SEX WITH ZARA! Like, really? The very first character you encounter and have the chance to flirt with and also, in my opinion, the sexiest girl in the game... and all we get is a blowjob that also has the potential to lead to the "bad" ending? What the fuck... more like what the lack of fuck?!

She was the first person we met when entering the club. The game also made it impossible to avoid her as we entered. The game strongly indicated that she was going to be a main sexual partner in the game and they never delivered on that. The game sent out all the signals that you would be having sex with her and never delivered so being upset is perfectly valid.

The thing is her entire role in the game was to be a red herring. The player thought he was going to get a threesome which turned out not to be the case and they made is seem like we would have sex with her by how she was introduced but the game again denied us the chance. This is a game that goes out of its way to play with your expectations. So yes, you are justified to be angry about it but no, it is not a problem in the game since creating that frustration in the player was intentional by the developers.

You are perfectly free to not like it and not like the game because of it though.
TheGreatJoeGargery
lagoon predator

Postby Kross » Sat, 17Feb11 18:37

Hi,
Does anyone know where the full walkthrough is?
Kross
Pilot fish

Postby Brontozaurio » Sat, 17Feb11 18:48

Kross wrote:Hi,

in page 1 of this thread, look for cobrapl´s post
Brontozaurio
great white shark

Postby Gio » Sat, 17Feb11 19:03

at the beg for it (i think its called ) achievement the 3 stars stuck and but with the saves now they reset to 0 after load but are visible all the time
Gio
great white shark

Postby Kross » Sat, 17Feb11 19:43

Brontozaurio wrote:
Kross wrote:Hi,

in page 1 of this thread, look for cobrapl´s post

Thanks
Kross
Pilot fish

Postby Pennel » Thu, 17Feb16 04:52

Does anyone know how to get the "Mama Said" achievement? It's not in the walk through on page 1.
Pennel
great white shark

Postby scrumbles » Thu, 17Feb16 07:07

Pennel wrote:Does anyone know how to get the "Mama Said" achievement? It's not in the walk through on page 1.

Get the threesome with Natasha and Alex, go to the restrooms, refuse Chad's request and be blackmailed. Ask Veronica to have sex with Chad (she refuses), ask Zara to convince Veronica (say you like to watch), stay for threesome and then go look for Veronica: you should get Ending 4 and Mama said achievement.
scrumbles
sirens hunter

Postby DroopyLoving » Sat, 17Feb18 15:59

I haven't commented on this game yet and I've played it quite a few times.
A lot of people seem to really like it, but i've found it pretty average. I don't think it's really a big enough game for it to be a LopGold game, and I found it quite linear.

My spoilery notes below.

I don't think the set up is very good in this game (they are going to break up unless they try swinging?!??), and the supporting characters are very one dimensional.
While looking excellent, the character design is a bit bland/iffy. I especially didn't get what the deal with Natasha's husband is. Veronica keeps saying he's old, but I can't see it, shouldn't he look more like Drake from Ele, rather than some floppy haired overgrown emo?
I don't like how to get *anywhere* in the game, you *have* to get your wife drunk, as I understand it, it was her idea to be there, and her mood increases when you get into the swing ;) of things (e.g. saying that you would fuck zara).
I don't like your wife's double standard of 'i'll fuck anyone, but god forbid you do'. And you're meant to agree with your wife who you have sex with, there should be an option to just ask her if you can fuck Zara (especially if you've already agreed to here getting with the barman).
There is no challenge to finding the wallet in the bathroom, it advances the game, you should have to work for it.
I feel like this game might have come out of an unused concept for LwT2. Even if it didn't it would be improved with a cameo from Tracy and Justin (or even just the non-main characters who inhabit the swingers club in that game).
I found it frustrating that Che (I think that's his name) is able to follow Zara and Veronica, but you don't have the option to, even if you get caught you should be able to
DroopyLoving
great white shark

Postby TheGreatJoeGargery » Sun, 17Feb19 08:47

DroopyLoving wrote:I haven't commented on this game yet and I've played it quite a few times.
A lot of people seem to really like it, but i've found it pretty average. I don't think it's really a big enough game for it to be a LopGold game, and I found it quite linear.

My spoilery notes below.

I don't think the set up is very good in this game (they are going to break up unless they try swinging?!??), and the supporting characters are very one dimensional.
While looking excellent, the character design is a bit bland/iffy. I especially didn't get what the deal with Natasha's husband is. Veronica keeps saying he's old, but I can't see it, shouldn't he look more like Drake from Ele, rather than some floppy haired overgrown emo?
I don't like how to get *anywhere* in the game, you *have* to get your wife drunk, as I understand it, it was her idea to be there, and her mood increases when you get into the swing ;) of things (e.g. saying that you would fuck zara).
I don't like your wife's double standard of 'i'll fuck anyone, but god forbid you do'. And you're meant to agree with your wife who you have sex with, there should be an option to just ask her if you can fuck Zara (especially if you've already agreed to here getting with the barman).
There is no challenge to finding the wallet in the bathroom, it advances the game, you should have to work for it.
I feel like this game might have come out of an unused concept for LwT2. Even if it didn't it would be improved with a cameo from Tracy and Justin (or even just the non-main characters who inhabit the swingers club in that game).
I found it frustrating that Che (I think that's his name) is able to follow Zara and Veronica, but you don't have the option to, even if you get caught you should be able to

There are some good points in this post. I have the same problem with you in regards to telling how old someone is by the artwork. Some people who are supposed to be older just don't look it. This is especially true for females, as Alex is supposed to be older too. It's not just this game but a general issue with the Lesson of Passion art style. The wallet was also a bit if a cop out. You're right in that it was too easy to find. They may have either not bothered having you find it and just have the main character walk in with the cash or do something more elaborate to get the money. Stripper Pick-up by Iksanabot is a game that did this better and had an elaborate system to get the money. I also agree that there should have been a way to progress the game without having to get your wife drunk.

The setup to the game is intentional. Going to a swinging club is a bad idea as a substitute for couple's therapy and the player is supposed to recognize this. What makes the concept interesting to the audience is that they get to watch just how bad of an idea it is. You have to think of the main character as being an unreliable narrator. For example if you look at the bartender ending it is very clear that your wife is in love with the bartender. He probably likes her but doesn't love her back the way she loves him and that is the only reason that she is still with you, because she can't exclusively have him. How the final ending narration is done is to imply this, but told by a narrator that knows this deep down but doesn't want to admit it to himself because he's in denial. This game reminds me a bit of the movie Neighbors (or Bad Neighbors depending on which country you are in) with Seth Rogan and Rose Byrne. Usually in a movie like that you'll have the main couple have a dynamic where one is sensible (usually the woman) while the other makes very impulsive and irrational decisions (usually the man). Marge and Homer Simpson is the way this dynamic usually works. In Neighbors though, both Seth Rogan and Rose Byrne's character make equally incredibly stupid decisions which is what pretty much drives the movie. Think of the main characters in this game like that, where both of them keep making bad decisions that feed off of the other. Just because a character does illogical things does not necessarily mean it is bad writing. Real people do illogical things all the time. It is just bad writing when those illogical things are contrary to their character, which in this case it is not.

In regards to just asking your wife if you can fuck Zara while she fucks the bartender, this does bring up the problem that letting your drunk wife go off with some strange man while you go off and fuck someone else is kind of a not smart thing to do. At that point we don't know that the bartender is a good guy or not, so it would make sense that the main character would go with them for the first time. You are right in that you should be able to do it anyway and ask if you can go hit on Zara while she fucks the bartender but there should be some kind of consequence for it. The bartender actually made this clear how much of a douche bag move this was to the player later in the game when the main character lets Veronica go off with Che. There could have been a line added by the bartender saying "what kind of man lets his wife go off with a stranger they don't even know" if he tries to leave to look for Zara. It is different with Zara and Veronica going off alone since Zara is a woman. You probably should be able to progress with the blowjob from Zara without interruption if Veronica fucked Che in the back room with Zara (or maybe you can, I've never tried) but at the same time Zara became aroused only because she thought they could get caught (presumably by Veronica as I'm not sure that too many of the club patrons would be shocked by seeing this). If Veronica is ok with it it may have no thrill for Zara. Again, these are things that probably should be put into the game and have a few lines of dialogue attached to them, you are right about that. This is defiantly a flaw in the writing on this one point.

In regards to Veronica having to be drunk to do anything even though going to the club was her idea, I just look at it like going to a Karaoke Bar. You may go there with the intention of singing but you may need a few drinks before you finally get up the courage to get up on stage to do it.

In regards to Veronica cheating, we need to remember that Che only gets his opportunity to do that because you see Che leave his wife at the table and decide to sit with her and try to hit on her. You are right that you should have the opportunity to follow them, even if it does end with you getting caught. I always imagined that Alex knew exactly where Che was going and Che guessed that you would try to hit on his wife if he left her alone. This wasn't in the game but I also imagined that after Che was "done" or as part of the seduction process that he told Veronica to peek outside and show her that you were hitting on Alex. I could imagine the multitude of mind games Che could have used to twist Veronica from the rules that she had every intention of keeping when she walked into the club. That's the realization you're supposed to have when they return. Veronica wasn't full of shit when she made her rules, she had every intention of following them. Also if Veronica and Che never have sex in the back room Veronica still has her old views (as Che hasn't changed them). She's not aware that in another alternate timeline that Che seduced her when she went off with Zara. A situation unfolded that she didn't account for. She had never encountered someone like Che before and was unprepared for it. Again, the point of that scene is that the two of you are little guppies swimming with the sharks and have no idea how out of your depth you are. The intro does say that you are both inexperienced, having only been with each other and not a variety of people, and Che is defiantly somebody who is not inexperienced. He knows how to do things you don't and Veronica isn't the first wife who thought she'd follow her rules that has fallen to him. This also brings up a point that I find confusing where people are saying that the characters are underwritten. Again, I'll bring up somebody like Richard from Living With Temptation 2. He was A very one dimensional character. He was just a Jerk. Che fills this role in this game too but can also mask it to get what he wants. He's a more calculating character. You can see how Che could seduce a woman, especially an inexperienced woman, where Richard being able to seduce anyone just baffles you. The characters in this game are above average in complexity for a Lesson of Passion game. I'd have to ask for specific examples of supporting characters that had more complexity from the Lesson of Passion library of characters to compare these characters to before I can understand the criticism of these characters being bland.

I don't see the game as being too linear but I can see how it can appear that way. There was no statistic building to pad the game like in LwT or the Eleanor games which may make it appear short. Also the main ending is defiantly the branch of the story where you go off with Natasha and Alex while Veronica goes off with Che, as that branch has three endings just to itself. The other two options (the bartender and Natasha's and her boyfriend) seem underdeveloped by comparison. It is still longer than Hot Wife Story 2 which is the closest paid Lesson of Passion Game that I could compare it to. Again, if you scroll through the Lesson of Passion Gold list of games it is not significantly shorter in length when you compare it with most games without a statistic building component.
TheGreatJoeGargery
lagoon predator

Postby MickeyMouse1 » Wed, 17Feb22 17:18

this is another game where nothing seems to happen. You can't get to the blond. If she gives head you get caught etc. So far all I have managed is the bartender. The others have come up zip, zero, nada. And what's with the tatoos? I would loose the tatoos. Not sure how else to move the game along. No matter who interacts with the first time swingers it just seems to go nowhere. How does one move forward?
Last edited by MickeyMouse1 on Thu, 17Feb23 17:13, edited 1 time in total.
MickeyMouse1
great white shark

Postby Brontozaurio » Wed, 17Feb22 18:57

MickeyMouse1 wrote:The others have come up zip, zero, nada.

There is a walkthrought in the first page of this thread, but as general, you can't do anything until you get your wife to dance on the pole, then you decide what path to choose
Brontozaurio
great white shark

PreviousNext

Return to Other sexy games