Pervert Action: Legacy demo

Games in project or under development. The posts and games in this section can not ask for money.

Re: Pervert Action: Legacy demo

Postby Skelaturi » Sat, 17Jan14 14:44

artorawley wrote:I've really enjoyed your games in the past but lost track of this one until seeing your post. Do you have an idea when PAL will be released? Also, will you be releasing your game early to patrons?

check a few posts up from this

BBBen wrote:I don't like to spam this forum with lots of updates, etc. (I have my own page for that anyway) but I thought it would be worthwhile to mention that the full, complete and tested version of Pervert Action: Legacy will be out soon. I've already finished producing and adding all the content to the game, now I'm in the midst of the beta testing to iron out the remaining bugs.

The game contains (these are rough estimates, so please forgive me if they're slightly off) over 700 images, some of them animated, around 900 lines of voiced dialogue, 11 interactive sex scenes (including threesomes/group sex scenes and some bonus material at the end), 12 endings (including the bad ones and the harem ending), plus voyeur scenes, "night service", collector cards, hidden Easter eggs, the harem victory suite and more. It's taken more than two years of work and it's the biggest, most complicated project I've ever made in my life, which might be a little sad but I'm proud of it anyway. :) I'm really hoping you guys will enjoy it!

I'm also looking forward to the day that other people will be taking care of the hint requests. I don't plan on writing a walkthrough, that's for players to do!

I prefer to just centralise all announcements as public posts on my crowdfunding page, but I'm not allowed to post that here, but you can look at my twitter @BBBenAIF or my website http://bbben.aifcommunity.org/ to keep up to date, or just follow the links that are on those, I suppose. I don't have a specific date for the release yet, but it won't be especially long, so stay tuned.
Doggy style (noun)
A sexual position which allows both participants to watch TV.
---
My weakness a deviant Redhead: http://the-new-lagoon.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=8&start=4425#p97335

--
Seen anything wrong, a typo, to ask, anything else? PM me.
Skelaturi

sex: Masculine

Postby BBBen » Sun, 17Jan29 02:05

I'm having a lot of trouble posting the game here without violating the forum rules, but the full game is out now. I don't know if I will be able to have a proper thread or really be able to continue participating in the Shark's Lagoon, but hopefully something can be worked out.
BBBen
lagoon predator

Postby Rexxx » Sun, 17Jan29 08:41

If only asking this can create problems sorry and some moderator can remember all the rules who has a Patr. account, but aside that Bbben posted for years here, his game is released free for all, there isn't even an extra that it's not available if you don't pay some money, so it seems that he respects all the rules than I remember.
Maybe I'm writing this being a bit egoistic but this the better forum in which speaking of aif games and it would be a pity if it's not possible for some little things, naturally if there are some important rules or new rules that I'm not remembering this is shark forum and it's the reason because I'm asking.
Rexxx
lagoon predator

Postby Vitu » Sun, 17Jan29 20:06

Totally freezes/crashes my system (Win 10 64 bit), can't play it. [img]smile/pcrying.gif[/img]
Vitu
great white shark

Postby athossico » Sun, 17Jan29 22:02

Rexxx wrote:If only asking this can create problems sorry and some moderator can remember all the rules who has a Patr. account, but aside that Bbben posted for years here, his game is released free for all, there isn't even an extra that it's not available if you don't pay some money, so it seems that he respects all the rules than I remember.
Maybe I'm writing this being a bit egoistic but this the better forum in which speaking of aif games and it would be a pity if it's not possible for some little things, naturally if there are some important rules or new rules that I'm not remembering this is shark forum and it's the reason because I'm asking.

I can only subscribe.
I've try to speak twice and twice deleted by moderator (i think).

Vitu wrote:Totally freezes/crashes my system (Win 10 64 bit), can't play it. [img]smile/pcrying.gif[/img]

Check antivirus or download the non exe version (blorb)
athossico
great white shark

Postby BBBen » Mon, 17Jan30 00:33

I can't really do anything about the ban, but if people want to post about it in the hints/walkthroughs section I imagine that's probably still okay. There's a lot of secrets and hidden content in the game, as well as some central challenges.

Vitu wrote:Totally freezes/crashes my system (Win 10 64 bit), can't play it. [img]smile/pcrying.gif[/img]

I'd echo athossico's advice, either try the blorb version or, if that doesn't work, try turning autocomplete off in the edit menu. If it still doesn't work then try closing the graphics window, typing 'start' and letting it go past the credits before turning the graphics window back on.
BBBen
lagoon predator

Postby tlaero » Mon, 17Jan30 00:37

I'm confused. Why was it banned?

Tlaero
tlaero
Lady Tlaero, games and coding expert

sex: Female

Postby LRM » Mon, 17Jan30 00:50

It's don't believe it's banned...
BBBen has not met the requirements for posting a link and no one not the author can link to it either!
It's all spelled out in the rules and announcements.

To save time and trouble no new resident with a link to the P site will be granted permission to post a link.
My take on what's happening.
Shark is as always, the final authority.
LRM
I will almost always (I don't believe in always or never) provide a PM when I take an action. I think Skelaturi will as well, or at least post a comment.
Got Wood?
LRM

Postby BBBen » Mon, 17Jan30 01:17

LRM wrote:It's not banned...
BBBen has not met the requirements for posting a link and no one not the author can link to it either!
It's all spelled out in the rules and announcements.

To save time and trouble no new resident with a link to the P site will be granted permission to post a link.
My take on what's happening.
Shark is as always the final authority.
LRM
I will almost always (I don't believe in always or never) provide a PM when I take an action. I think Skel will as well or at least post a comment.

I'm not actually a new resident, I've been posting free AIF games since 2003 and I've been a member of this site for about five years. I don't post here often because I prefer to provide a space where people can talk about the game honestly without feeling like I'm looking over their shoulder, but I've been one of the main organisers of the AIF community for many years.

I used the term 'ban' because I've been told the game won't be allowed unless I produce a version that excises any mention of how the game was produced and where people can find my crowdfunding site. I'm not going to produce a whole separate version because that would be very time consuming, as well as being hard to maintain. To illustrate, even uploading the game to the sites I have put it on took a couple of days. Even moreso, I do not want to make a version that fails to thank the people who made it possible (many of whom are regulars here) and also, finding information about my site within the game is likely to be the only way most people hear about it. I don't think it will be possible, therefore, for me to satisfy the rules as they are being enforced.

For transparency to maybe put the situation in context and perhaps de-escalate before this turns into an argument, I did make a mistake on initially posting the game. I didn't link to my crowdfunding site but I had a logo and the URL of it on the poster image I used for the thread. That was an accident, it was a poster I've been using on my site for months and I don't really 'see' it any more when I look at it, so I forgot the logo was on there. When that first thread was removed I put up a replacement with the logo removed, but the second thread was then taken down as well.

It certainly is Shark's decision and nobody was questioning that. I wasn't trying to undermine anyone or do anything underhanded, nor was I questioning this forum's right to be run according to its owner's wishes. I think maybe there's a presumption that I'm acting cynically or exploitatively because I started a crowdfunding site a couple of years ago, but I would certainly protest that.
BBBen
lagoon predator

Postby TheBrain » Mon, 17Jan30 02:29

While I understand the need for certain rules, I wholeheartedly disagree with the removing of BBBen's threads. The way I see it, the rules should prevent spammy advertising, i.e. first time posters that do nothing but post a P****** link to an unfinished game and then leave. BBBen's post was nothing like that. Most importantly, he informed us of a totally free game with amazing production value (and no, not even premium bonus content). And yes, there's mention of a P******, but come on, a game with this level of development and polish should not be free by any right, and yet it is. Is it really too much for him to ask for some support?

Now, if I look at the games posted on the sexy games forum, there's a plethora of games supported by a P****** or other donation system (some more blatantly advertised than others), as well as a number of premium games that don't even fit the forum description: "You found a freesexy game on the Web, share it with the buddies"... Why then is BBBen's actually free game not welcome?...

For me personally I'm very sad to see the lagoon has degraded into a place that has gradually become more hostile to game developers and there have been instances where it's been hostile even towards discussion...

For reference:
For authors wishing to post their game, the minimum criterion follows:
- Active forum participation demonstrated by a minimum of 20 posts in various threads. Permission once granted is dependent on your continued participation in other threads.
- The proposed game has to be 100% playable for free, and not require any payment to continue or retrieve the full game,
- Any game offered must comply with all lagoon rules.

BBBen is active, the game is free, and the content violates none of the other rules...
TheBrain
star of the reef

Postby tlaero » Mon, 17Jan30 02:49

I'd like to support BBBen as well. Pervert Action: Legacy is a major free game that is the third in a series of free games. The previous two were also posted in the lagoon. I'm not sure about the letter of the law, but it certainly doesn't feel like the spirit of said law was intended for BBBen.

Please reconsider allowing him to create a thread for this game.

BBBen, I'm pretty sure that the game itself can have links to donation sites. Certainly everything I've released in the last year has had a donation link in it. I think the restriction is on the lagoon post, not in the game.

Tlaero
tlaero
Lady Tlaero, games and coding expert

sex: Female

Postby RobNorthman » Mon, 17Jan30 02:55

While I loathe seeing the ever numerous v0.01 alpha p****** for games that barely get started, much less finished on other forums. I do think some allowances should be made for proven developers as long as they don't spam or beg for donations.
RobNorthman
sirens hunter

Postby Skelaturi » Mon, 17Jan30 03:41

BBBen wrote:I can't really do anything about the ban, but if people want to post about it in the hints/walkthroughs section I imagine that's probably still okay. There's a lot of secrets and hidden content in the game, as well as some central challenges.

I'd echo athossico's advice, either try the blorb version or, if that doesn't work, try turning autocomplete off in the edit menu. If it still doesn't work then try closing the graphics window, typing 'start' and letting it go past the credits before turning the graphics window back on.

incorrect, already PMed Vito ' bout the problem and it seemed to be related to the missing " 2.0 version of .net framework" Some computers come with standard in the software,others might have had it already installed. Still it's a requirement for adrift 5. See requirements at http://help.adrift.co/

PS

may i like to advise the people here that are protective of BBBen to not pull a Jackofhearts. He just got a timeout for 10080 minutes by me, for making a topic that doesn't really help BBBen. If you want to express your feeling about this issue. Yell in a pillow, then when that's done make a polite letter to me. Again make it polite 1 insult and your joining him. And not just cause i don't like insults, but as well, because I don't like people who don't think about what they are doing. Again, Jack you were not helping BBBen's case
Doggy style (noun)
A sexual position which allows both participants to watch TV.
---
My weakness a deviant Redhead: http://the-new-lagoon.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=8&start=4425#p97335

--
Seen anything wrong, a typo, to ask, anything else? PM me.
Skelaturi

Postby BBBen » Mon, 17Jan30 04:56

I'd ask nobody to get too upset on my behalf, although of course I appreciate the support. :) I feel like this might be more a matter of misinterpretations rather than anything else, I wouldn't want to see anyone banned or anything like that. I didn't see the topic that got posted but Skelaturi's right, there's no need for this to get heated.

I'd like to support BBBen as well. Pervert Action: Legacy is a major free game that is the third in a series of free games. The previous two were also posted in the lagoon. I'm not sure about the letter of the law, but it certainly doesn't feel like the spirit of said law was intended for BBBen.

Please reconsider allowing him to create a thread for this game.

BBBen, I'm pretty sure that the game itself can have links to donation sites. Certainly everything I've released in the last year has had a donation link in it. I think the restriction is on the lagoon post, not in the game.

Tlaero

Thanks for that. I admit the reasoning I received for the second deletion was terse so maybe the rule was being applied in some way that I'm not understanding. Your interpretation of the rule was also my interpretation so I'm not exactly sure, if I was wrong in what I said above, what my violation of that rule would have been. Other people posting the game got their threads deleted too, but I didn't see those threads so I don't know how they would have violated it either.

incorrect, already PMed Vito ' bout the problem and it seemed to be related to the missing " 2.0 version of .net framework" Some computers come with standard in the software,others might have had it already installed. Still it's a requirement for adrift 5. See requirements at http://help.adrift.co/

Oh, really? It was the .NET framework? Thanks very much for that, I'll put in a troubleshooting note about it. I'll have to take a look at what the best advice should be in that instance; I presume linking people to where they can download .NET framework. I had thought that wasn't a problem any more with the latest builds of ADRIFT.
BBBen
lagoon predator

Postby shark » Mon, 17Jan30 07:11

I simply asked BBBen to offer access to his game without mention to Pat.reon. In his first posts, there were everywhere (presentation image, link to twitter, aif community ...). He explains that it's impossible ... Maybe he thinks that access to Pat.reon is more important than access to his game ...
PS: The demo of the game had been authorized because it had been posted before the new rule.
shark
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Projects