Crush on Candy Re-Release now with sounds

Complete and totally free games (the author can request a non-obligatory financial contribution in thanks or to help him to create new game)

Crush on Candy Re-Release now with sounds

Postby jilliangates77 » Tue, 17Jan17 00:18

I shared the game while I was working on it in the projects area and after doing a lot of work this weekend to improve the game, I wanted to share it with the group here too. Presenting Crush on Candy, version 3 final. Play here on desktop or mobile devices (though sound only works on desktop).
http://www.jillgateswriter.com/crushoncandy/

What's the game about?

A date with Candy, a sexy woman you met the night before at a party in your penthouse apartment. You were attracted to her smile and she was very interested in your bank account. With a gold-digger like Candy, say the right words, and a sweet time will be had by all.

The game has five simple endings, only one of which is "good," the others are all more or less fail states.

Feedback appreciated, it's my very first time using sound in a game.
jilliangates77
great white shark

sex: Female

Re: Crush on Candy Re-Release now with sounds

Postby dryheave » Tue, 17Jan17 01:16

Neat game, but I had a problem. I got on the path where I had her show off her lingerie and she got to where she said her thighs were on fire, and then it hung. I tried it several times on different browers and all the same. The main browser I used was the latest version of Firefox.
dryheave
great white shark

Postby jilliangates77 » Tue, 17Jan17 02:05

Very sorry about that! I forgot to copy two images that were in the game into the game folder and didn't test that particular sequence after I made the last edits.

I already added back the images, uploaded them to the server & tested, it should work perfectly now.
jilliangates77
great white shark

Postby dryheave » Thu, 17Jan19 01:20

Great, thanks!
dryheave
great white shark

Postby jilliangates77 » Mon, 17Jan23 01:17

Thanks for the feedback and the comments; I have noticed that on PlayForceOne it's gone from ~49% or something to now 54%. I believe the new scenes, sound effects and clear, multiple endings made the difference.

Right now, I feel like I'm mostly building games for feedback...my website has hit over 100K unique visitors this month, up from like 2k in November. It's been driven by Crush on Candy, mostly, and then about 20% Tasha's Power Trip.

Trying to build games is infinitely harder, and involves a ton more skills, than writing a novel or short story. However, I feel like a well done game is infinitely more satisfying. Eventually, my goal is to do games that get at least a B- on my games...today, it seems like from the ratings I get I'm in ~F+ or D territory.
jilliangates77
great white shark

Postby lucky loser » Mon, 17Jan23 18:54

Thanks for posting this! I love the art & the story line. It was pretty easy to get the fully good ending (#1, right?).

2 suggestions:

1. Separate the sounds of sexy moans and gasps from the music. Shark does this somehow. After playing for a few minutes, the music can get repetitive, but clicking mute means one misses her reactions as well as the tune.

2. The dialog box often covers key parts of the story line- specifically her ass during the anal sex and her mouth during the blowjob. That seems weird- is there a way to move it to just below the art?

Thank you for your hard work!

:emoticones sexy (6):
lucky loser
star of the reef

Postby jilliangates77 » Tue, 17Jan24 16:07

Good point about the dialogue boxes; I'll see if I can improve that over the weekend (and plan better for the next game).

Re: the sound effects blending together...good idea; not sure how to pull that off. (this was my very first attempt at adding sounds to a game). But I'll definitely add it to my list of things to improve.

I really appreciate the suggestions, thank you.
jilliangates77
great white shark

Postby bigguy1 » Mon, 17Jan30 16:05

not sure why but the game doesn't load at all for me. just comes up with a blue outline
bigguy1
Pilot fish

sex: Masculine

Return to Free sexy games