The Academy Part 3 from VDategames...what do people think?

These games are not complete and/or can be totally or partially reserved for paying members. Open a thread in this section is reserved for active members, read the rules before submit a game.

The Academy Part 3 from VDategames...what do people think?

Postby LJames713 » Sat, 16Dec17 01:26

I'm curious about all the buzz I've heard, about VDateGames' new "The Academy" Series...as I see that the series has reached part 3 of 5, I had been wondering about what people think about the latest addition to that series (I know a few people who can't stop raving about it all)...

Is the hype justified...?
LJames713
great white shark

sex: Masculine

Re: The Academy Part 3 from VDategames...what do people thin

Postby kessie8dn » Sat, 16Dec17 16:06

Basically if you like his other stuff, you'll like this.. Don't expect to have your life changed though :lol:
kessie8dn
lagoon predator

Postby teecino » Sat, 16Dec17 17:01

I cancelled my subscription at the site if that answers your question [img]images/icones/icon14.gif[/img]
Yeah, it's a bigger game, but it's more of the same, nothing new and exciting at least for the guys who already played most of the previous games on that site, other guys the newcomers may find it exciting though.
teecino
sirens hunter

Postby TheGreatJoeGargery » Sat, 16Dec17 19:21

I like it. My critique would be that the game is a slow burn and you have a lot of seemingly arbitrary choices with the dialogue. The slow burn I don't mind so much but it does cause some pacing issues with building tension. The dialogue problems are a little bit of a larger issue as the choices are often almost identical except for a single word or a rewording the exact same thing. For example you'll end a conversation and your dialogue choices will be "See you girls later", "See you ladies later", or "Yea, see you later". The logic of this choice is that the "See you ladies later" choice is the most respectful one and gets you the points. It may be a good idea to put icons beside the conversation choices to clearly identify what emotion you are trying to convey with the different responses (kind of like Dragon Age 2's dialogue selections). At the same time I've noticed the tendency to increase the difficulty on the games over at Vdate (Anna would be a good example) which is not a bad thing. At times I just feel like I have to read the responses over three times like I read exam questions to make sure that I know in minute detail what the response is actually trying to accomplish (which again slows the flow of the game and affects the pacing). The responses are also similar because they are often presenting the illusion of choice, where the conversation has to progress to the same event no matter what selections you pick. The conversations themselves are often just a way to gain points (although those points do impact what you can and can't do later in the game so they indirectly make choices on how the game progresses).

With that out of the way I still like it. It is a more ambitious game than we've seen from vdategames so far and with more ambition always comes more problems that arise from doing things differently. These problems can be worked out over subsequent games. There is genuine tension (especially with trying to get away with as much as possible without getting fired). If you haven't started the game yet then I'd recommend waiting until all five parts are released and spend the money on a single month's subscription to get all five. It would defiantly be worth it that way.
TheGreatJoeGargery
lagoon predator

Postby FedoraMan » Tue, 16Dec20 20:05

... and we're back to needing a code from the end of Part 2 to continue your specific game in Part 3. Didn't we have this discussion when Part 2 came out? Has anyone compiled the end codes from Part 2, or do I need to go back and play through Part 1 again to get my Part 2 code, then play through Part 2 to get my Part 3 code? At the very least, do we know what options the game assumes if you use the "I forgot my code" option?
FedoraMan
great white shark

Postby kessie8dn » Tue, 16Dec20 21:37

FedoraMan wrote:... and we're back to needing a code from the end of Part 2 to continue your specific game in Part 3. Didn't we have this discussion when Part 2 came out? Has anyone compiled the end codes from Part 2, or do I need to go back and play through Part 1 again to get my Part 2 code, then play through Part 2 to get my Part 3 code? At the very least, do we know what options the game assumes if you use the "I forgot my code" option?

Sorry it's not more specific but I seem to remember the code for part 1 being in a thread somewhere - I'm pretty sure it was the one about Part 2 because they were telling you the differences in playing Part 2 depending on the code you entered.. Presumably once the clever people have figured out Part 3 they'll have a similar conversation about that - which should give you time to replay Part 2 if you can't wait :)
kessie8dn
lagoon predator

Postby massimo » Wed, 16Dec21 03:32

I find the series so far to be very polished. The graphics are very good, and there is a lot of content. Having said that, there are so many girls, that there isn't enough time to explore them all fully, despite the length of the game - I think each of the girls could potentially have their own dedicated game. In terms of overall quality, I would rate this as one of the best games of this genre.
massimo
sirens hunter

Postby neon » Wed, 16Dec21 04:39

FedoraMan wrote:... and we're back to needing a code from the end of Part 2 to continue your specific game in Part 3. Didn't we have this discussion when Part 2 came out? Has anyone compiled the end codes from Part 2, or do I need to go back and play through Part 1 again to get my Part 2 code, then play through Part 2 to get my Part 3 code? At the very least, do we know what options the game assumes if you use the "I forgot my code" option?

The best code from Part 2 is

A684#

hope that helps
neon
sirens hunter

Postby Vitu » Thu, 16Dec22 21:06

"We are back to needing a code", stop crying! I can only wonder why didn't you save the codes from Part 2 yourself when you knew they'll be needed in Part 3 - after all, you told us yourself you had this very same discussion after Part 2 came out! [img]images/icones/icon9.gif[/img]
Vitu
great white shark

Postby Ncrdrg » Fri, 16Dec23 02:05

The codes from Part 2 and what they do for Part 3:

D102# - 10 Inf, 10 Amy, 15 Annie, 10 Bridgette, 5 Didi, 10 Jodie, 10 Holly, 5 Isabella, 10 Laura, 10 Alicia, 10 Lola, 20 Maria, 5 Megan, 5 Principal, Report 5
C240# - 15 Inf, 15 Amy, 20 Annie, 10 Bridgette, 5 Didi, 10 Holly, 5 Isabella, 10 Laura, 15 Alicia, 15 Lola, 30 Maria, 5 Megan, 15 Principal, Report 20
B351# - 20 Inf, 20 Amy, 25 Annie, 15 Bridgette, 5 Didi, 15 Holly, 5 Isabella, 10 Laura, 20 Alicia, 15 Lola, 40 Maria, 15 Megan, 20 Principal, Report 20
B462# - 25 Inf, 25 Amy, 30 Annie, 15 Bridgette, 10 Didi, 20 Holly, 5 Isabella, 15 Laura, 20 Alicia, 20 Lola, 45 Maria, 15 Megan, 25 Principal, Report 25
A573# - 30 Inf, 30 Amy, 35 Annie, 20 Bridgette, 15 Didi, 25 Holly, 5 Isabella, 15 Laura, 20 Alicia, 20 Lola, 50 Maria, 15 Megan, 25 Principal, Report 30
A684# - 35 Inf, 30 Amy, 40 Annie, 20 Bridgette, 15 Didi, 25 Holly, 5 Isabella, 15 Laura, 20 Alicia, 20 Lola, 50 Maria, 15 Megan, 25 Principal, Report 35

I'm a programmer so I almost always dig the code to find these things.

Part 3 codes are more interesting however because they're not limited to a few results. Each digit/letter of the code you receive at the end of Part 3 is decided on whether you did a particular thing in the game or not. I find that interesting because it opens up the possibility of your actions impacting things in Part 4 because you can tell what the player has done simply by reading the code they'll input.
Ncrdrg
great white shark

Postby artorawley » Fri, 16Dec23 06:11

Ncrdrg wrote:The codes from Part 2 and what they do for Part 3:

D102# - 10 Inf, 10 Amy, 15 Annie, 10 Bridgette, 5 Didi, 10 Jodie, 10 Holly, 5 Isabella, 10 Laura, 10 Alicia, 10 Lola, 20 Maria, 5 Megan, 5 Principal, Report 5
C240# - 15 Inf, 15 Amy, 20 Annie, 10 Bridgette, 5 Didi, 10 Holly, 5 Isabella, 10 Laura, 15 Alicia, 15 Lola, 30 Maria, 5 Megan, 15 Principal, Report 20
B351# - 20 Inf, 20 Amy, 25 Annie, 15 Bridgette, 5 Didi, 15 Holly, 5 Isabella, 10 Laura, 20 Alicia, 15 Lola, 40 Maria, 15 Megan, 20 Principal, Report 20
B462# - 25 Inf, 25 Amy, 30 Annie, 15 Bridgette, 10 Didi, 20 Holly, 5 Isabella, 15 Laura, 20 Alicia, 20 Lola, 45 Maria, 15 Megan, 25 Principal, Report 25
A573# - 30 Inf, 30 Amy, 35 Annie, 20 Bridgette, 15 Didi, 25 Holly, 5 Isabella, 15 Laura, 20 Alicia, 20 Lola, 50 Maria, 15 Megan, 25 Principal, Report 30
A684# - 35 Inf, 30 Amy, 40 Annie, 20 Bridgette, 15 Didi, 25 Holly, 5 Isabella, 15 Laura, 20 Alicia, 20 Lola, 50 Maria, 15 Megan, 25 Principal, Report 35

I'm a programmer so I almost always dig the code to find these things.

Part 3 codes are more interesting however because they're not limited to a few results. Each digit/letter of the code you receive at the end of Part 3 is decided on whether you did a particular thing in the game or not. I find that interesting because it opens up the possibility of your actions impacting things in Part 4 because you can tell what the player has done simply by reading the code they'll input.

The codes for Part 4 are also 8 digits long, so there must be a lot of variables being tracked. Really looking forward to finding out what they do in Part 4.
artorawley
lagoon predator

Postby lucky loser » Sat, 16Dec24 02:03

I like the series- it's much more complex and well done than his earlier work. Compare this to his sci-fi game, for instance.
lucky loser
star of the reef

Postby metalsnake » Mon, 17Feb27 00:56

I have completed all achievements except the ones with Amy and Jodie. Can someone guide me on how to achieve the scenes with both of them. I am unable to achieve both Jodie scenes including the one in basement and gym. For amy again i get her lust high but when i get back to her in the barn she asks to leave and exchanges her no; no sex scenes.
metalsnake
Pilot fish

Postby darkefire » Mon, 17Feb27 06:02

Amy's scene has a time cutoff, so regardless of how high her lust is you have to get her alone early enough or it jumps to the "no sex" path. I think you have to skip getting the documents from the Principal's house and go with Amy and Holly instead, so you have to spend most of your free time working on your report instead to make up for it. I don't remember how to get Jodie's scenes, but if memory serves you pretty much have to hit every single one of her lust increases.
darkefire
Pilot fish

Postby metalsnake » Tue, 17Feb28 19:52

darkefire wrote:Amy's scene has a time cutoff, so regardless of how high her lust is you have to get her alone early enough or it jumps to the "no sex" path. I think you have to skip getting the documents from the Principal's house and go with Amy and Holly instead, so you have to spend most of your free time working on your report instead to make up for it. I don't remember how to get Jodie's scenes, but if memory serves you pretty much have to hit every single one of her lust increases.

Thank you for your help, I did achieve all amy scenes and as mentioned it is time specific and you have to skip document task. Still no luck with Jodie though. I was able to get her lust to four bars in the basement and so far i have tried all interactions with her.
metalsnake
Pilot fish

Next

Return to Other sexy games