Dreaming with Elsa (En, Sp, Fr, It, Ge)

Complete and totally free games (the author can request a non-obligatory financial contribution in thanks or to help him to create new game)

Re: Dreaming with Elsa (French translation added)

Postby tlaero » Wed, 16Sep28 05:08

For the longest time I've wanted to do a "season appropriate" story. This month our $10 patrons will be getting DwE: Dreaming with the Dead, an erotic picture story in the same vein as DwE: Learning to Fly (viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3871). If you're interested, pledge before October 1st.

And, as always, patrons always get access to all of the previous month's perks. So if you can't join in time, there's always next month.

I hope the patrons enjoy it.

Tlaero
tlaero
Lady Tlaero, games and coding expert

sex: Female

Postby Serge » Wed, 16Sep28 12:17

tlaero wrote:Marco found a problem with the French translation. He had done it right, but Adventure Creator did the wrong thing in a couple of the pages. I've fixed the pages and have re-uploaded it. If anyone is playing the French version and you suddenly can't advance anymore, it's probably this. Please re-download. If you download after today and still see an issue, please let me know.

If anyone is interested in looking behind the curtain, here's what happened. I write my games in a tool called AC2, and one of its features is that I can call functions from text passages. I use this functionality in games where some pages are minorly different depending on what went before. For instance, in the dream at the start of DwE, you might have been hit by a baseball bat or punched. In some pages I have a function that takes two pieces of text and picks the right one to show. For instance, it might be, Bat('hit by a baseball bat', 'punched'). The "Bat" function outputs the first string if you were hit by a bat and outputs the second if you weren't. Fine and dandy until you translate it into French where there are a bunch of words that have an apostrophe in them (ie "j'ai'). If one of those words is in the function, it gets confused. The function things the apostrophes surround the strings and doesn't expect to see any others. This isn't just an issue in French, as it would have broken in English if I'd put a contraction in any of these functions, ie Bat('don't do that', 'it's okay'). But it so happens that I didn't.

I believe I've fixed all the issues in DwE French. I'm thinking about the right way to fix the tool to keep this from happening in the future.

Tlaero

Is "J/'/ai " a good way to fix it?
Serge
Great Master of corals

Postby mkh » Sat, 16Oct15 20:29

OK, so did I finally nail "Confused". "Saves" is a wonderful feature!
I think I tried 10+ times and was frustraited a couple times, but well it's all forgotten now and it did make rewards so much better. Did yell at you a few times Tlaero, sorry about that.

Theresa have a really nice face. There's something naughty over it, yet innocent. I would like to see more of her. Granted that she's in RFJ (I think that's her at least), but she didn't have any inpact on story.
Chloe.....So many freckles, If I count freckles I've seen all my life, she still outnumber them! Any spetacular reason for them or did you just have a lot of them in stock Mortze? She's part of an "evil plan" in DWE, but she didn't do anything wrong legally, while in RFJ she didn't do anything wrong, but end up as "evil". I'm not sure how to rate her behavior, other than she's a bad girl in a good way. She's forced to act the way she act and she deserve the chance to explain herself. Somehow did she manage to get me over to the dark side with her show.
Elsa.....Well she's the mother of all shy and innocent girls. She change, but she still keep enough of original Else left in her at end. With that in mind, so do I like "Romantic" better than "Sexual", she's closer to herself there.
Jason.....Eh nevermind.....It's about girls here and he is busy with resting before he goes to sleep. He need all that stamina he can get, when Elsa get into his dream.

I don't like, that Elsa have two different persons in her. If this had been a solo game, I don't think it would have been an issue for me, but it's a part of at least three (four?) games and keep in mind, that I played RFJ first, so I did kinda know a bit of Elsa, before I started to spend more time in her bookstore. Jessica and Sarah was guest stars in DWE, but nothing was told about them, so they could be any person, they wanted to be in RFJ. Same with Miranda in RFJ, there's a hint, but it's vague and there's close to none limits for her person either.
Elsa could however swift between two different persons depending on what situation she is in. Ie "Romantic" path for dinner and "Sexual" path in dreams. She would mostly be shy'ish at day and if "Sexual" path in dream got too much for shy Elsa, she can just wake up. There's after all some "Sexual" path in her "Romantic" dreams as it is now.

Elsa is a beauty and I understand, why you fall for her, Tlaero.....But I won't cheat on Sylvia!
I really like badass Elsa vz trapped Chloe scene. She might be a shy girl, but don't step on her toes!
I like that image of Theresa's face in bonus. There's something over it.....I'm still true to Sylvia though!

I can't come up with new positive words about art and story, that's not allready said, so scroll back and read them again ;) You both truely deserve them.

Rated 9.5 of 10, but had you found a place for Sylvia, then.....
Sylvia is a hottie and Xara is too. Ayana try to catch up.
mkh
sirens hunter

sex: Masculine

Postby Shift64 » Sat, 16Nov12 22:19

I really like the game or rather the story and how it develops. I'm not so fond of the game mechanics, but the story and mostly the characters and their interaction blow me away. I like Elsa a lot, not because she is good looking, but because of her personality, she even solves the whole thing herself and doesn't need to rely on her boyfriend to save her. I'm impressed by this game.
Shift64
Pilot fish

Re: Dreaming with Elsa (En, Sp, Fr, It, Ge)

Postby tlaero » Mon, 16Dec26 23:38

I've just uploaded a German translation of DwE. Same link as before:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/e3o1n7ru73vmj9l/DwE.zip

This one was done by a new member of the lagoon named Jessica. Thanks Jessica!

Tlaero
tlaero

Postby Eldormain » Mon, 17Jan16 07:24

I thoroughly enjoyed this game/novel. A great addition to the larger story. I was rooting for the main characters almost immediately. Thanks Tlaero. Thanks Mortze.

Eldormain.
------------------------------------------------------

"Don't only practice your art, but force your way into its secrets; art deserves that, for it and knowledge can raise man to the Divine." - Ludwig van Beethoven
Eldormain
lagoon predator

Postby tlaero » Sun, 17Jul30 04:25

I'm changing around the menus in my recent games, starting with DwE. If anyone hasn't played in a while and is feeling nostalgic, or if you'd be willing to help out, could you download this new version and try the menus? (Edit: This is now the main link to the game.)

http://www.mediafire.com/file/e3o1n7ru73vmj9l/DwE.zip

This adds 9 save game slots as well as the ability to export your saves to a text file and import them again later. The import/export will let you keep your saves around even if your browser history is cleared. It'll also let you migrate saves between browsers and PCs. My plan is to replace the existing version with this one, but I need a few text strings and a few people to try it out and make sure it works for them.

Known issue: Some of the text in the German version of the menus are still in English. If anyone knows enough German to translate around 10 phrases, please let me know.

Thanks!
Tlaero
Last edited by tlaero on Mon, 17Jul31 00:29, edited 1 time in total.
tlaero

Postby Powerbee » Sun, 17Jul30 07:32

a.) Exported a Game to file with size of screen = large (in file: userSize=2)
b.) Changed screen size from large to small
c.) Imported from previous file
==> no change from small to large screen.
It should have changed from small to large after import, shouldn't it?
** My english language is pretty bad. **
Powerbee
Pilot fish

Postby kexter » Sun, 17Jul30 10:21

Powerbee wrote:It should have changed from small to large after import, shouldn't it?
No, it shouldn't. What if you import it on another machine where "large" can't fit on the screen? Better keep the settings separate.
@kextercius
kexter

Postby tlaero » Sun, 17Jul30 18:27

Yeah, Screen size is one of the variables I don't transfer. But saves and achievements should come across. Note also that I don't take saves away. If the export has an empty spot and you import it into a game that has that slot filled I don't erase it. I do overwrite if the import and the current both have the same save though.

Tlaero
tlaero

Postby JFR » Sun, 17Jul30 18:52

tlaero wrote: ... Note also that I don't take saves away. If the export has an empty spot and you import it into a game that has that slot filled I don't erase it. I do overwrite if the import and the current both have the same save though. ...

That is good to hear. I have actually had the experience of losing an entire set of save-games when an update (not one of yours) copied an empty Save folder over the top of the populated one. Frustrating, to say the least.
JFR
star of the reef

Postby Tao Dude » Sun, 17Jul30 22:34

Serge wrote:
tlaero wrote:Marco found a problem with the French translation. He had done it right, but Adventure Creator did the wrong thing in a couple of the pages. I've fixed the pages and have re-uploaded it. If anyone is playing the French version and you suddenly can't advance anymore, it's probably this. Please re-download. If you download after today and still see an issue, please let me know.

If anyone is interested in looking behind the curtain, here's what happened. I write my games in a tool called AC2, and one of its features is that I can call functions from text passages. I use this functionality in games where some pages are minorly different depending on what went before. For instance, in the dream at the start of DwE, you might have been hit by a baseball bat or punched. In some pages I have a function that takes two pieces of text and picks the right one to show. For instance, it might be, Bat('hit by a baseball bat', 'punched'). The "Bat" function outputs the first string if you were hit by a bat and outputs the second if you weren't. Fine and dandy until you translate it into French where there are a bunch of words that have an apostrophe in them (ie "j'ai'). If one of those words is in the function, it gets confused. The function things the apostrophes surround the strings and doesn't expect to see any others. This isn't just an issue in French, as it would have broken in English if I'd put a contraction in any of these functions, ie Bat('don't do that', 'it's okay'). But it so happens that I didn't.

I believe I've fixed all the issues in DwE French. I'm thinking about the right way to fix the tool to keep this from happening in the future.

Tlaero

Is "J/'/ai " a good way to fix it?

Just surrounding the text with double quotes would fix it, as done in several coding languages, e.g. "j'ai", or allowing an escape sequence 'j''ai', assuming that you don't need the '' for null strings.
Tao Dude
lagoon predator

Postby tlaero » Sun, 17Jul30 23:00

I changed the inline functions to use double quotes, which fixed the problem with single quotes.

Tlaero
tlaero

Postby tlaero » Mon, 17Jul31 00:29

Thanks for checking things out, folks. I've removed the test link and made the updated version the main one that people will download.

Tlaero
tlaero

Postby tlaero » Mon, 17Jul31 01:18

And, I've made my first foray into Newgrounds. DwE is now here:

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/697183

I'm still figuring that place out, though. It made me set a fixed embed size, which screws up the game's ability to figure out how big your screen is and scale the images for you. I may have it too big for normal users, which suggests I should default to a smaller size or maybe put a link to the screen size on the front page. I'll watch things and see what kind of feedback I get.

Tlaero
tlaero

PreviousNext

Return to Free sexy games