(WIP) A Family Affair

The specific forum for rags games creators

Re: (WIP) A Family Affair

Postby MAFUte » Mon, 16Oct31 06:17

Just posted a new version of the game on the OP.

- Numerous bug fixes. (All those reported in this thread should now be squashed.)
- Revamped achievements so that they no longer only take place on a certain day. Most achievements now can be unlocked within a 7-10 day range, but still require enough desire to trigger.

In addition to any future bugs that pop up, I am working on adding new achievements and new non-achievement scenes.

As always, I welcome any and all feedback. Thanks for playing.
MAFUte
great white shark

sex: Masculine

Postby paquito » Mon, 16Oct31 08:51

I still can't get the second achievement. My levels of desir are: Carly 285, Molly 248, Samantha 182.
Before reaching this level with Samantha, I got "I went skinny dipping today, you could join me next time" (something like this). Unfortunately I never found her naked at the beach or at the pool.
paquito
legend of the South Seas

Postby wildride » Mon, 16Oct31 13:02

paquito wrote:I still can't get the second achievement. My levels of desir are: Carly 285, Molly 248, Samantha 182.
Before reaching this level with Samantha, I got "I went skinny dipping today, you could join me next time" (something like this). Unfortunately I never found her naked at the beach or at the pool.

(from memory) the 2nd one is not Sam but Molly. You need a phone. It kinda triggered automattically for me. I might check it out tonight but thats not for another 8-9 hours. Til then Im usual babysitting duty.. yah me, its why my games not progressing.
wildride
lagoon predator

Postby paquito » Mon, 16Oct31 13:08

I have the phone but nothing happens. When and where this event is supposed to be?
paquito
legend of the South Seas

Postby wildride » Mon, 16Oct31 13:12

paquito wrote:I have the phone but nothing happens. When and where this event is supposed to be?

Morning after a shower (9am I think, ie shower at 8) day 20 but that couldve changed in new update, was 27th before.
wildride
lagoon predator

Postby paquito » Mon, 16Oct31 13:20

It doesn't work for me. :/
paquito
legend of the South Seas

Postby wildride » Mon, 16Oct31 16:13

paquito wrote:It doesn't work for me. :/

Ill check it out tonight, but Im assuming your using rags 3.0.59? and the game version 1.1.3?
wildride
lagoon predator

Postby MAFUte » Mon, 16Oct31 18:22

paquito wrote:It doesn't work for me. :/

Did you download the latest version? I just played through and that achievement worked fine for me.
MAFUte
great white shark

Postby MAFUte » Mon, 16Oct31 18:29

wildride wrote:
paquito wrote:I have the phone but nothing happens. When and where this event is supposed to be?

Morning after a shower (9am I think, ie shower at 8) day 20 but that couldve changed in new update, was 27th before.

As I mentioned earlier, achievements no longer take place on just one specific day. There is now a window of 1 - 2 weeks that an achievement can be unlocked.
MAFUte
great white shark

Postby wildride » Mon, 16Oct31 21:24

MAFUte wrote:
wildride wrote:

As I mentioned earlier, achievements no longer take place on just one specific day. There is now a window of 1 - 2 weeks that an achievement can be unlocked.

yup but as he asked I thought Id point it out.. there isnt a "less than" condition on the event triggering? I dont think I was that high desire as they were. Im also considering a language thing kinda like with Unfaithful, where the game behaves differently depending on your decimal being a . or ,
wildride
lagoon predator

Postby paquito » Tue, 16Nov01 09:46

Maybe....

Even at the end of day 25, I can't trigger the second achievement. I don't think that it is an issue related the Molly's desire (around 250).
paquito
legend of the South Seas

Postby Michuncik » Tue, 16Nov01 09:58

can anyone give me a tip about 6th achievment??
Michuncik
great white shark

Postby wildride » Tue, 16Nov01 11:55

Michuncik wrote:can anyone give me a tip about 6th achievment??

Minor spoiler:
Hang around the home all day

Dead giveaway:
Be at home at 14:00 on Day 36 and do anything that only takes 1 hour (ie dont work longer than 1 hour)
wildride
lagoon predator

Postby wildride » Tue, 16Nov01 12:17

paquito wrote:Maybe....

Even at the end of day 25, I can't trigger the second achievement. I don't think that it is an issue related the Molly's desire (around 250).

This could be a matter of too high levels?? I mean my desire levels on day 21 (after the event) were Carly 245, Molly 139 and Sam 129. Your levels have always been high from my experience of the game so Im assuming your focusing on that or somethings behaving weird.

Essentially I have been doing 2 talk or Kiss per day for each girl, and whatever I can with Carly at the end of the day.
You can see my schedule here: Family Affair Routine only two events did I have to alter my routine to trigger the event. day 25, day 48.

But just to check things:
At the start Desire goes up by 1 when talking, increases further on in the game?
example would be when they start flashing you it goes up by 3

When you kiss it goes up by 3?
wildride
lagoon predator

Postby wildride » Tue, 16Nov01 12:27

Bugs for v1.1.3 (will add them as I see them)
Start with Tan Lingerie.

Development Side:
Your still having problems with Sams kissing? (havent played through to there on 1.1.3)
A way you could do it is have the Kiss action on the characters start as inactive (which I assume is already the case), then in Timers add a timer name it whatever you want (ie manager) what to do here is then go to it and on each turn add a condition to check that a desire is greater than x (x being what the minimum desire for kiss to become available) then command on success "Character: Set Action to Active/Inactive" Put the character and the "kiss-Active", On the fail you could put it as a "kiss-inactive" if you want the option to disappear again if desire drops below that number.

PS btw this might help with the kitchen too, right now the cooking action only activates when you enter the room, ie if talking to Molly at 17:00 the cook option does not appear at 18:00 unless you leave and come back. Im wondering if setting that up to activate the same way checking if time is equal to 18:00 on each turn.
Last edited by wildride on Tue, 16Nov01 13:19, edited 2 times in total.
wildride
lagoon predator

PreviousNext

Return to RAGS games