Asmodai's Mediocre Renders

You found a 3d sexy girl on the net… Maybe you created one yourself … Or then you have an idea for a new pictures series… Be nice, make take advantage off it everybody…

Asmodai's Mediocre Renders

Postby Asmodai » Sun, 16Oct02 07:46

As I continue forward on my path toward conquering Daz 3D, I will post my renders on the way. As always, criticism is the best way to learn, so throw it at me (don't be overly harsh ;) ). Here's the first for the thread.
Asmodai
Pilot fish

sex: Masculine

Re: Asmodai's Mediocre Renders

Postby jvit » Sun, 16Oct02 14:17

Dat ass [img]images/icones/icon14.gif[/img]

For early attempts, this is quite good. Some shadows (with ambient occlusion and/or raytracing) would make it better.
I post some of my renders here: http://the-new-lagoon.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3589&start=30
jvit
lagoon predator

Postby PinkVendeta » Sun, 16Oct02 14:34

First off, remove the word Mediocre from your title, You do not need to be putting yourself or your artwork down ever, there are plenty of talent-less assholes, sorry critics :lol: who will try to drag both your work and yourself down, no need to be helping them to do it ever.

Ambient occlusion is a method to approximate how bright light should be shining on any specific part of a surface, based on the light and it's environment.
This is used to add realism.

In computer graphics, ray tracing is a technique for generating an image by tracing the path of light through pixels in an image plane and simulating the effects of its encounters with virtual objects.

To your work, nice work, love the render, great pose, good mirror work.

Constructive comments with praise are always the best way to encourage an artist onward and upward.
I Am Not speaking From Experience - I Just Have A Vivid Imagination

Hannah
PinkVendeta
legend of the South Seas

sex: Female

Postby Asmodai » Sun, 16Oct02 23:37

PinkVendeta wrote:First off, remove the word Mediocre from your title, You do not need to be putting yourself or your artwork down ever, there are plenty of talent-less assholes, sorry critics :lol: who will try to drag both your work and yourself down, no need to be helping them to do it ever.

I'm not intending to put myself down, but for now, mediocre sums up my work perfectly. "Of only moderate quality; not very good." I'll create new threads when I feel I have improved my skills to the point of "adequate", then "great", then finally, "exemplary". You're a nice person for caring though. [img]images/icones/icon14.gif[/img]

PinkVendeta wrote:Ambient occlusion is a method to approximate how bright light should be shining on any specific part of a surface, based on the light and it's environment.
This is used to add realism.

In computer graphics, ray tracing is a technique for generating an image by tracing the path of light through pixels in an image plane and simulating the effects of its encounters with virtual objects.

When I try to look Daz topics up, there's so much information available. I find said information hard to sort through because there are so many different tips, and tips tipping you not to take the tips of other tippers because there tip is not the proper tip to tip. It's confusing. [img]images/icones/icon9.gif[/img]

PinkVendeta wrote:To your work, nice work, love the render, great pose, good mirror work.

Constructive comments with praise are always the best way to encourage an artist onward and upward.

Thank you, and I could not agree more! Here's the same image, but I messed around with Uber Environment a bit, and got the quality a little bit higher.
Asmodai
Pilot fish

Postby muttdoggy » Tue, 16Oct04 10:33

Wow.. whatever you did in the second really did a great job! The frame of the mirror, the light switch to the right of the mirror, and her reflection in the mirror all got clearer and more in focus. The walls became more slate blue and could clearly see the straps and buckles on her lingerie. I really like the second pic. I'd buy it in a hearbeat. [img]images/icones/icon7.gif[/img]
muttdoggy
lagoon predator

Postby jvit » Tue, 16Oct04 23:25

Nice improvent! Try playing around with the positioning of the lights.
I post some of my renders here: http://the-new-lagoon.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3589&start=30
jvit
lagoon predator

Postby Mortze » Wed, 16Oct05 18:22

Can you share your lights setup?
I could give you some insight if you want.
You render in 3DLight in DAZ? Or do you use Poser?
Mortze
legend of the South Seas

Postby Asmodai » Wed, 16Oct05 19:48

Mortze wrote:Can you share your lights setup?
I could give you some insight if you want.
You render in 3DLight in DAZ? Or do you use Poser?

I was using a distant light to light up her side facing the mirror, as it was too dark otherwise. I have a spotlight facing her right side, and I think a dimmed spotlight on her back, and I used Uber Environment to add ambient lighting and shadows. I am using 3delight, and some insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Asmodai
Pilot fish

Postby Mortze » Wed, 16Oct05 22:19

Well, I always found that shadows add to the dramatism and puch of any picture and your lack of many shadows.
What if you lowered the Uber Environment strength and also the distant light strength/intensity? That will create shadows but if you turn the spotlights a little stronger it will make it more dramatic? Let me know.
Mortze
legend of the South Seas

Postby HeyChief » Sat, 16Oct08 04:22

Please stop underrating your self.
Thank you
HeyChief
lagoon predator

Return to Sexy girls