DAZ3D Best Model

Tips, techniques and tutorials about creation tools.

Re: DAZ3D Best Model

Postby Mortze » Tue, 16Aug02 09:52

Yeah. I do think it's time I go Platinium! [img]images/icones/icon9.gif[/img]

The render is great MaxCarna. I like how the clothes are posed.
Mortze
legend of the South Seas

sex: Masculine

Postby MaxCarna » Thu, 16Aug04 13:09

Thanks, Mortze

I think now is our time, platinum annual membership is in today offer.

70% discount buying 5 itens, one of then can be platinum for $21,00.

I chose 4 cheap itens, the total purchase price was $40,44
MaxCarna
star of the reef

Postby Mortze » Thu, 16Aug04 23:56

Oh yes!

Good catch MaxCarna.
Mortze
legend of the South Seas

Postby Niauropsaka » Thu, 16Aug11 07:03

I designed my characters using V4 and M4, adding the dials from V4 Morphs++, M4 Morphs++, V4 Elite, M4 Elite, and other expansions. I feel stuck with V4 and M4 for the sake of using my designs. But I don't like how the hip 'bones' are rigged, and I have had a lot of hassles working with 'conforming' skirts. I don't recommend those figures for someone just starting out now.
Niauropsaka
lagoon predator

sex: Female

Postby MaxCarna » Thu, 16Aug11 16:16

Friends

Just a correction

I was believing that the auto-fit worked naturally from Victoria 4 to Genesis 2 Female, then I realized that it was because I had bougth this product long before http://www.daz3d.com/victoria-4-for-genesis-2-female

I realized that ,because now I need to buy this https://www.daz3d.com/michael-4-for-genesis-2-male for Michael 4.

I got several pro packages for V4 and M4, specially in the last $4 offer. Not worth the effort to adjust dozens of fix, but all the clothes can be harnessed in Genesis 2. After you migrate, you doesn't need to ajust any fix, change genesis 2 any way you like, and the clothes go together.
MaxCarna
star of the reef

Postby ptypoe » Thu, 16Sep15 12:03

As a recent starter on Daz I struggled with the V4 vs Genesis 1,2,3 issue. V4 won for me:
    Great variety of models - mainly at Renderosity (Love SV7's models). I can't help thinking that most of the Genesis models at Daz look similar to one another.
    V4 usually has better pricing, no make that much better pricing.
    V4 has access to heaps of clothes and really good poses, alone and with M4.
    And with a bit of tweaking (swapping mats etc) V4 can look really good in Iray even if the model is pre-Iray vintage
Sure V4 has drawbacks - I am frustrated by her finicky shoulders for example. But overall I am very happy to use V4 and stay with her.
ptypoe
great white shark

Postby Mik » Mon, 16Oct17 22:06

Same problem here, started just a few weeks ago and thinking about which model to use.
Victoria 4 seems to have way the most stuff, and Gen 3 seems to be more accepted than Gen 2.

Atm I like Gen 2 most [img]images/icones/icon13.gif[/img] , I've seen that you can use Vic 4
stuff (characters + clothing) for Gen 2 with Victoria 4 for Genesis 2, I understand that as an Vic 4
UV mesh that is thrown over Genesis 2.

But if you want to do detailed morphing there is a special morphing pack for each model.
And there is also a tool to transfer morphs from Vic 4 to Gen 2.
So if I buy a character which was originally made for Vic 4 with use of morphs++ and
want to transfer it to Gen 2 with its Vic 4 texture and proportions, what do I need ?

Thanks, Michael

P.S. Strange enough, I've bought a Vic 4 character, loaded it on Gen 1, saved it as .duf
and loaded it on a Gen 2 with Vic 4 uv map and it worked perfect.... :??:
(without the morphs of course, but the texture fits perfect)

P.P.S. And any Tip about versatile usable hair is appreciated, seen stuff like hair salon 1-3
at Renderosity, anybody use that ?
Mik
great white shark

Postby MaxCarna » Tue, 16Oct18 03:48

That's interesting,

Did you two tried to apply muscle morphs in a V4, and put the clothes on? This really upset me .

I had luck, in the first days using Daz Studio there were an offer of Super Phisically bundle for only $4.99. It came with muscle and elite morphs. I like to test many variations as possible, many produtcs latter, this morphs X clothes problem made me regret about V4.

Generation 3 as more polygons then genesis 2, so they take longer to render.

Back in the days there was also more offers on genesis 2, but now there are many offers of Genesis 3. I'm buying whenever the offers are too good for gen2 or gen3.

In the current offer, platinum aniversary I caught Eva 7 and Bethany 7 for $7.00 each.

Good work for you
MaxCarna
star of the reef

Postby Adelais » Tue, 16Oct18 13:54

From what I understand gen3 actually has less polygons than both gen 1 or 2 to make it more friendly with real time rendering. It makes up for this with tighter control over the pose, especially in the face
G1F: 19296 vertices, 18872 polygons, 26 material groups, 73 bones
G2F: 21556 vertices, 21098 polygons, 28 material groups, 81 bones
G3F: 17418 vertices, 17000 polygons, 17 material groups, 173 bones
(source - random daz3d thread on the internet that may bear no resemblance to the truth)

Onto the topic- As a brand new user that wrecked her credit card by deciding to start playing with daz3d just as the artist festival sale started, I invested into g3 and I don't regret it. I haven't played too much with V4 clothes, and this may just be my newness to the tools, but it feels much simpler to pose the loose fitting g3 clothing than either the g1 or g2. I don't know the technical reasons why but the g3 clothes just seem to look "right" with just a slider tweak or two, but I had to work very hard to get something close to correct with g1. You've got the added advantage of all the new g3 stuff coming with iray materials which I don't see on the older models.
Adelais
Pilot fish

sex: Female

Postby Mik » Tue, 16Oct18 19:58

@ MaxCarna
no sorry, didn't make any morphs at the moment just used base models

@ Adalais
so optimized iray shaders might be a reason to buy new generation stuff, but I've read that you can also
apply iray shaders on older textures and Daz3d comes with a lot of shaders.
I've tried it and got at least one unexpected result.

First picture with G2F and and old magus jacket that was made for Gen1, both "as is" when you put them into your scene

Then I've loaded iray optimized G2F shader and tried to load the uber base shader into the jacket, G2F worked out, jacket not

Then I've loaded an shader called simple base shader into the jacket and that showed an effect

Then I've tried uber base shader again and now it worked out

All pictures just with standard camera hl in Daz3d 4.

P.S. Don't know if there is a preferred image hoster for this board, used postimage with preview link,
hope it is ok...
Mik
great white shark

Postby MaxCarna » Thu, 16Oct20 23:37

From what I understand gen3 actually has less polygons than both gen 1 or 2 to make it more friendly with real time rendering. It makes up for this with tighter control over the pose, especially in the face
G1F: 19296 vertices, 18872 polygons, 26 material groups, 73 bones
G2F: 21556 vertices, 21098 polygons, 28 material groups, 81 bones
G3F: 17418 vertices, 17000 polygons, 17 material groups, 173 bones
(source - random daz3d thread on the internet that may bear no resemblance to the truth)

That's strange to me, I'm using both G2F and G3F, the G3F always take longer to render with Iray.

G3F also seem more complex and detailed, somebody said in the forum that's because the number of polygons.
MaxCarna
star of the reef

Previous

Return to The workshop of creators