Merci Beaucoup - And a Question About Shark's Process

here, you can speak about shark's games. (comment, need help...)

Re: Merci Beaucoup - And a Question About Shark's Process

Postby mickwraith » Sat, 09Dec05 07:42

Mister Shark, merci beaucoup for another wonderful game! I first tripped over HA a few months ago and have devoured every Shark game since... I have to say that D&S is your best one yet! The plot, the complexity, and the sheer challenge kept me rivited to my computer all evening. (I still solved both episodes in about two hours, but that's only because I'm an obsessive-compulsive loser - ah well, c'est la vie.)

Now, here's a question I'll bet nobody every asked... What exactly is your process? How did you come up with the Alancy plotline, the Malfort Estate setting, the supporting cast? I'm guessing that you "test out" the actual action on Mlle. Cloe (or should that be Ms. Shark? :-) but how do you come up with the ideas in the first place? How do you translate the images in your head into a fully-functioning flash game?

Anyway, thank you once again for yet another wonderful game! Now, the only question I have is how I will be able to be patient for episode 3...

(And don't listen to the nay-sayers... there's absolutely nothing wrong with a little B&D action. IMHO, it added a wonderful bit of spice!)
mickwraith
Pilot fish

Postby Squeeky » Sat, 09Dec05 11:22

Hah!

Shark would be telling secrets!

But no. If you note Shark gives credit to ideas proposed by and in consultation with a small group of Lagooners.

Thereafter we are entitled to ask how he puts the whole thing together.

And yet, Shark has somewhere answered that question noting the respective software that is used and how (sure, somewhat in general).

Does that address your thoughts?
Squeaky is clean, I'm just a tad messy!
Squeeky
Spirit of the oceans

sex: Masculine

Postby mickwraith » Sat, 09Dec05 15:29

Yes indeed. Thank you Mr. Squeeky.
mickwraith
Pilot fish

Postby Craban » Sun, 09Dec06 18:57

Yes, he described how the games are built. As I'm curious I'd like to know where the most time-consuming tasks are.

I've read several articles and books about game development and worked in some projects myself. The arts take around 75% in the development phase and a reasonable sized team for a medium game development usually consists of 25% programers and 75% artists.
Craban
star of the reef

Postby shark » Sun, 09Dec06 19:23

I think that 's correct… 75% of time for art, 25% for the program.
shark
Site Admin

Return to Shark's games