New Games

here, you can speak about shark's games. (comment, need help...)

Re: New Games

Postby Rocca83 » Tue, 09Dec01 11:55

Salut tout le monde, j'ai vu les personnages et le contexte du nouveau jeu, et ça promet :)
Vous avez fait fort là, j'ai hâte qu'il soit sur le site !
Rocca83
lagoon predator

sex: Masculine

Postby dcyberjf » Wed, 09Dec02 12:16

Let's go Shark, your next game will be as good as the others ones. the waiting make them better. [img]kator/smiley177.gif[/img] [img]kator/smiley3.gif[/img] [img]kator/smiley168.gif[/img]
dcyberjf
great white shark

Postby zhafa » Sat, 10May22 10:36

ew3e3e
zhafa
Pilot fish

Postby crywolf9653 » Thu, 10Jun24 23:15

when will the priv box be open for new customers?
crywolf9653
Pilot fish

Postby Squeeky » Fri, 10Jun25 02:53

crywolf9653 wrote : when will the priv box be open for new customers?

That is very uncertain, server owner and finance agency claim fault is not with them!! [img]images/icones/icon9.gif[/img]

Shark somehow has to try to find his own solution!
Squeaky is clean, I'm just a tad messy!
Squeeky
Spirit of the oceans

Postby Rocca83 » Mon, 10Aug09 15:13

Salut tout le monde, ben alors il arrive quand le prochain jeu ?! :)
Rocca83
lagoon predator

Postby minno » Tue, 10Aug10 06:09

Squeeky wrote :
That is very uncertain, server owner and finance agency claim fault is not with them!! [img]images/icones/icon9.gif[/img]

Shark somehow has to try to find his own solution!

Meanwhile noone gets to play?
minno
sirens hunter

Postby janker » Sun, 10Aug15 09:44

Hey Shark,

How far would you say you are done with the new games? for Ex: 50% 25% 75%...

Also, wouldn't it be better to release each new game one at a time? I would think more revenue that way...

Thanks for all you do, your games are great fun!
janker
Pilot fish

Postby unsub » Wed, 10Aug18 03:46

@ janker -
Don't hold your breath.

Doing a lite site analysis reveals that there is now, more traffic diverted out to Virtualdategirls from the lagoon than back to Sharks own games.

check for yourself
http://www.websitetrafficspy.com/sharks-lagoon.fr

lurk and read and you'll discover that even the most respectful requests at a release date are met with mod excuses or derision.

I'm still a dedicated fan of Shark and his work but the lagoon that once was is all but a memory.
unsub
sirens hunter

Postby Graen » Wed, 10Aug18 05:05

unsub wrote : Doing a lite site analysis reveals that there is now, more traffic diverted out to Virtualdategirls from the lagoon than back to Sharks own games.

check for yourself
http://www.websitetrafficspy.com/sharks-lagoon.fr
Where exactly did you see information, relating traffic from the lagoon to chaotic's site... And why does it matter?
unsub wrote : lurk and read and you'll discover that even the most respectful requests at a release date are met with mod excuses or derision.
Games take time to develop. As far as I know, shark is a one man team who does this in his spare time. And not everyone who replies to these threads is a mod, so please don't hold the moderators accountable for other people's words. Yes, some people could show a little more tact with their responses, but some people are also tired of seeing the same questions asked over and over again.
Image LoPteam.blogspot.com
Image graenwerks.blogspot.com
Graen
legend of the South Seas

Postby LRM » Wed, 10Aug18 22:49

Graen wrote : Where exactly did you see information, relating traffic from the lagoon to chaotic's site... And why does it matter? Games take time to develop. As far as I know, shark is a one man team who does this in his spare time. And not everyone who replies to these threads is a mod, so please don't hold the moderators accountable for other people's words. Yes, some people could show a little more tact with their responses, but some people are also tired of seeing the same questions asked over and over again.

A little research would also reveal that he in the midst of creating a new home for the Lagoon. Is he allowed any time to relax? Does he get to spend a little time with friends or family? A new game will be posted when it is complete, these constant questions about when reveal you are not true Shark supporters!
L
Got Wood?
LRM

Postby minno » Thu, 10Aug19 05:09

LRM wrote :
A little research would also reveal that he in the midst of creating a new home for the Lagoon. Is he allowed any time to relax? Does he get to spend a little time with friends or family? A new game will be posted when it is complete, these constant questions about when reveal you are not true Shark supporters!
L

And until then, no one gets to play?
minno
sirens hunter

Postby unsub » Thu, 10Aug19 12:16

Perhaps you misunderstood the tone of my remark so I’ll clarify.

First, I sincerely apologize for implying that all mods respond with negativity to fan requests. I do concede that discourteous fans are often the culprits regarding a negative thread. Still, not all mods are innocent of the accusation.

To the greater issue at hand, I have this so say.

With any creative medium that chooses to attract and enlist the return loyalty of the general public, be it website, forum, blog, magazine, daily column or even thinking broader to musicians and entertainers, new content is essential. There are no exceptions.

No new content translates to a loss of confidence in the original source and an increasingly discontented following that in turn becomes increasingly difficult to placate.
It is a behavioral pattern long recognized in media and entertainment.

Publishers, producers, editors and the like recognize that even the most talented creators need to follow a schedule and adhere to a deadline or succumb to the eventual criticism of their own fans for prolonged gaps in new content.

Whether intentional or otherwise, Shark set an unspoken bar and schedule for this site long ago regarding the creation and release of new content and now his fans expect that schedule to be maintained.

By comparison, if an individual received their daily news by checking CNN’s web page and suddenly it contained no fresh news for months on end, that person would likely be compelled to gather their information from an alternate source like The New York Times page, regardless of how fiercely CNN fans and editors defended the site’s absence of fresh content.

The same would apply to your favorite singer or actor/actress, etc. They all adhere to some sort of schedule or begin to lose their fan base.

I don’t care for insincere children demanding new content only days after a new game’s release anymore than Shark’s other loyal fans. But, I also don’t care for strangers questioning my loyalty with derision and abject personal remarks after voicing my enthusiasm for a new project when so much time has passed since the last one.

I don’t know Shark personally but I suspect he has adult responsibilities to a family and job like many of us.

I work a full time job to support my family, (probably like Shark) but in my spare time I tune motorcycles, where as Shark creates games.

My tuning abilities developed as a personal hobby and as my skill improved it became requested, then expectedfrom a broader audience of friends and eventually, strangers.

To accommodate my family yet retain some semblance of sanity and still be able to enjoy my passion I was compelled to develop a schedule.

I assert that I am still a loyal fan of this site and of Shark’s hard work but maintain that my earlier response regarding increasing delays in new content was an honest one.

I understand that individuals tire of reading constant requests for new material, I've been in that position myself, but I would respectfully remind them that those requests are the catalyst for new material. (No requests = no fans = no need for new material)

I don’t pretend to have a solution to the issue of expectant fans, but I know with certainty that the defense of no new public content through continued excuses and disparaging remarks will not placate anticipant fans.

Best regards,
unsub
unsub
sirens hunter

Postby Bonhomie » Thu, 10Aug19 13:08

unsub does make a sensible argument.

There is an added factor here - the PrivBox.

HA4 would have already been released and would in fact be 'the game' that filled the void.

Quite rightly Shark decided he needed a bit more financial suppport to help with the site, so made the PrivBox. Therefore unless he had two games ready there was going to be a gap.

Circumstances have conspired though - Jimmyjohn & Il Joker had helped with new content to supplement the regular contributions of rkshooter, but they have gone quiet.
Luckily phreaky and cugel, and tlaero have chipped in, otherwise D&S would have been the 'last' new content.

The problems with the board host only compound the issue.

However to defend the Mods - I am amazed that pilot fish** just jump straight in.
When I find a site I have agood look around to decide if it is one I want to join, and get an idea of what is going on.

Pilot Fish just seems so wrong to me? They are 'new' or 'novice' members, and the word Pilot indicates a trained guide or driver.

How about "spratt" or "tiddler" (Dito would love second one) [img]images/icones/icon10.gif[/img]
Bonhomie
Games Master

Postby Greebo » Thu, 10Aug19 14:10

As I understand it, pilot fish are so called because appear to lead sharks as they hang around waiting for a dainty morsel to drop from the toothy jaws.

Many of the recent pilot fish visiting the Lagoon don't seem to realise their scavenger status and expect a three course meal to be served up at regular intervals on demand.

I can understand unsub's argument to some extent but I suspect that even he would baulk at being on the roof of his house retiling it during a major renovation and being hailed from the street by a complete stranger: "Oi, unsub! Shift your butt - my bike needs a tuneup!"

It's one thing to allow a motorcycle tuning hobby become a semi job but don't expect all hobbyists to be prepared to demonstrate their hobby with fresh output on demand - just be thankful that they have allowed you access in the past, and hopeful for the future!

Salutations, shark, RKS, Il Joker, JIMMYJOHN et al.
“Anyone who believes what a cat tells him deserves all he gets.”
― Neil Gaiman
Greebo
Great Master of corals

PreviousNext

Return to Shark's games