next game?

here, you can speak about shark's games. (comment, need help...)

Re: next game?

Postby anmar » Sun, 17Dec10 21:31

anmar wrote:
shark wrote:Uh! Currently, the only news are that I'm working on it... :sarcastic:

hi thanks shark for update [img]images/icones/icon13.gif[/img] [img]images/icones/icon13.gif[/img] [img]images/icones/icon7.gif[/img] [img]images/icones/icon7.gif[/img]

Hi shark is the Wendy game ready before Christmas or after maney thanks [img]images/icones/icon13.gif[/img]
anmar
lagoon predator

sex: Masculine

Postby shark » Sun, 17Dec10 22:58

Too short for Christmas. Rather January. Sorry.
shark
Site Admin

Postby anmar » Mon, 17Dec11 00:47

shark wrote:Too short for Christmas. Rather January. Sorry.

Hi shark thanks take your time . [img]images/icones/icon14.gif[/img]
anmar
lagoon predator

Postby tallpine62 » Sun, 17Dec17 20:26

PinkVendeta wrote:
chris66at wrote:Hi, shark

the "sexy games site" seems to be without any games...wether new login or browser refresh seem to work ? Have I done something wrong ?

greetings Chris66at

Hey,

With the removal of flash by most every good browser these days, your browser will ask You if You want to allow flash to be on, it will ask with something like:

Allow and Remember, click it, then it is on for Sharks site only, and next day i will ask again, well it is how I have mine setup now.

I wish for mine to be set up like your, what flash would i install and should i delete/remove my present flash? my skill level is rather limited to nonexistent.
tallpine62
lagoon predator

Postby Greyelf » Sun, 17Dec17 21:19

PinkVendeta wrote:With the removal of flash by most every good browser...
tallpine62 wrote:I wish for mine to be set up like your, what flash would i install and should i delete/remove my present flash?
@tallpine62: The comment by PinkVendeta was slightly misleading.

Flash has always been a third-party run-time/product that you needed to install yourself, and the web-browsers were configured to automatically allow access to that run-time when the web-page being viewed contained a reference to a Flash SWF object. Some web-browsers required an extension/plugin for that access to work, this extension came pre-installed in some web-browsers and in others the Flash installer used to install the extension for you.

What basically changed was:
a. Some web-browsers altered how their extensions/plugins worked and/or what those extensions were able to do without the End-Users express permission.
b. Some web-browsers stopped including an extension that allowed access to the Flash run-time, and now require you to manually install it yourself.

So the end result is that you don't need to install a different version of Flash for the above to work, unless your version of Flash is old because you haven't been keeping it up to date like you need to do with most of the software on your computer.
Greyelf
star of the reef

Postby PinkVendeta » Wed, 17Dec20 22:12

Well it was clearly not a misleading statement by me, links are below to the facts online.

All the Major Browsers Will Soon Block Flash, is Your Website Ready?
https://petapixel.com/2016/08/17/major-browsers-will-soon-block-flash-website-ready/

The Agonizingly Slow Decline Of Adobe Flash Player
https://www.fastcompany.com/3049920/the-agonizingly-slow-decline-of-adobe-flash-player

Thoughts on Flash by Steve Jobs
https://www.apple.com/hotnews/thoughts-on-flash/

Why Browser Plug-Ins Are Going Away and What’s Replacing Them
https://www.howtogeek.com/179213/why-browser-plug-ins-are-going-away-and-whats-replacing-them/

Flash Will Soon Be Obsolete: It's Time for Agencies to Adapt
http://adage.com/article/digitalnext/flash-obsolete-time-agencies-adapt/298946/

Google is replacing Flash in Chrome once and for all
https://www.theverge.com/2016/12/9/13903878/google-chrome-block-flash-html5

So not misleading at all by me, simple facts people, a lot of flash games makers took on board everything that the giants of computing have been saying and have already moved over to HTML5 and to other non flash based platforms, where both the general scene artwork and render artwork on guys and girls is far far more impressive and even the animation is far more impressive also.

The internet is clearly not going backwards, and at some point flash will be gone completely, and that is not misleading, that is a simple fact of matter.
I Am Not speaking From Experience - I Just Have A Vivid Imagination

Hannah
PinkVendeta
legend of the South Seas

sex: Female

Postby shark » Thu, 17Dec21 00:01

The next game may be the last in flash and as I do not master html5, I do not know when I will be able to create another.
It's the end of an era, just because the giants of the Internet want to remove the latest things they do not control yet.
shark
Site Admin

Postby PinkVendeta » Thu, 17Dec21 01:13

shark wrote:The next game may be the last in flash and as I do not master html5, I do not know when I will be able to create another.
It's the end of an era, just because the giants of the Internet want to remove the latest things they do not control yet.

Shark,

I am sure if You dropped Arnii an email he would be more than willing to help You with html5 games 101, as he makes very very good html5 games.

As for Flash, seems now Adobe is on board with ending it also in 2020, which would give the 17% of sites world wide that still use Flash slightly over 2 years to migrate over to html5 like most everyone else has begun to do.

Adobe to Kill Flash Media Player in 2020
https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/software/adobe-to-kill-flash-media-player-in-2020/

Flash loses final appeal: Adobe sentences its web tech to death
https://www.cnet.com/news/adobe-kills-flash-web-browser-tech-2020/

Hannah
PinkVendeta
legend of the South Seas

Postby Greyelf » Fri, 17Dec22 00:24

PinkVendeta wrote:Well it was clearly not a misleading statement by me, links are below to the facts online.

I stated your original original comment was slightly misleading because you stated "With the removal of flash by most every good browser..." (emphasis mine) which infers that the Flash run-time as been removed either from or by the relevant web-browsers, and this isn't 100% correct because the Flash run-time never came included with any of those (or any) web-browsers. The Flash run-time has always been a third-party install that web-browser could access is they wanted to, the same is true for the Java Applet run-time and the Silverlight run-time.

As stated in the links you supplied what changed was:
a. If the relevant web-browser now requires the end-user's express permission to access the Flash run-time pre-installed on the end-user's machine.
b. If the relevant web-browser still includes functionality to access to the Flash run-time pre-installed on the end-user's machine, either directly or via a pre-installed extension/plugin.
Greyelf
star of the reef

Postby PinkVendeta » Fri, 17Dec22 02:02

Greyelf wrote:
PinkVendeta wrote:Well it was clearly not a misleading statement by me, links are below to the facts online.

I stated your original original comment was slightly misleading because you stated "With the removal of flash by most every good browser..." (emphasis mine) which infers that the Flash run-time as been removed either from or by the relevant web-browsers, and this isn't 100% correct because the Flash run-time never came included with any of those (or any) web-browsers. The Flash run-time has always been a third-party install that web-browser could access is they wanted to, the same is true for the Java Applet run-time and the Silverlight run-time.

As stated in the links you supplied what changed was:
a. If the relevant web-browser now requires the end-user's express permission to access the Flash run-time pre-installed on the end-user's machine.
b. If the relevant web-browser still includes functionality to access to the Flash run-time pre-installed on the end-user's machine, either directly or via a pre-installed extension/plugin.

Adobe plans to end flash entirely in 2020, so ALL browsers by then will have moved over to HTML5 as a platform for their games and so on, right now stats done by the big companys show 87% of sites online have already migrated over to HTML5, Facebook whose games are all Flash based has told all of its games providers to make the move and change asap.

So really since Adobe plan to kill off Flash entirely in 2020, every debate on this is pointless as it is one sure fire event coming to pass.

Everyone has slightly over 2 years now to update their skill set to HTML5 and other non Flash based platforms for games and for sites also, so when Flash is gone, they can be no excuses then from anyone.

Hannah
PinkVendeta
legend of the South Seas

Postby Greyelf » Sat, 17Dec23 00:43

shark wrote:The next game may be the last in flash and as I do not master html5, I do not know when I will be able to create another.

One big issue with Flash being replaced with HTML 5 is that there is currently no commercial grade (full featured) equivalent to the Flash Editor for animation/game makers.

This is mostly due to the fact that HTML 5 itself is a set of web development based technologies / frameworks, and it is assumed that anyone wanting to create animations / games in HTML 5 is already (or willing to become) an experienced Web Developer (*). This is not to say that some people (like the Lady Tlaero) haven't been spending their time trying to create (game) engines and related Editors that support HTML 5, just that most of those editors don't have the same level of complexity/flexibility that the current Flash Editor has for non software developers.

(*) with knowledge of what works in each brand/version of web-browser and what doesn't, the differences between desktop & mobile web-browsers, and how to work around each of the solvable limitations.
Greyelf
star of the reef

Postby lucky loser » Sun, 17Dec24 20:08

tallpine62 wrote:My joy is almost to overcome me as i have viewed the pics on twitter that confirms Mr. Shark is once again working on the Adventures of Wendy, will Cloe be there? will Nanny pay a visit, oh my! the possibilities are limitless, maybe in a dream Wendy could join Geraldine in the forest to play with the magical creatures. thank you Shark for your return to the character that made you famous.

I echo this- I am STOKED to hear that Wendy and her friends will be returning. Like many of us, "Horny Afternoon" & the early Wendy and Cloe games was my entry point into the Lagoon.

PS- re: Flash- On my Mac, Chrome refuses to allow Flash to run, so I have to play your games with Firefox. Is there a way to update the earlier games to HTML 5? Maybe the Lagoon's in-house tech experts could organize this, maybe spread over a bunch of developers so that no single person is overloaded? I wish I could help but I'm not at all proficient with photoshop, let alone Flash.

:johan:
lucky loser
star of the reef

Postby Greyelf » Sun, 17Dec24 20:40

lucky loser wrote:Is there a way to update the earlier games to HTML 5?

Adobe's own Animate CC product can be used to create both Flash and HTML 5 canvas outputs (and many others as well), and it can also be used to convert a Flash project into a HTML 5 one but as explained in the What to expect when converting Flash to HTML5 interview of Joseph Labrecque by Michael Hu such a conversion is not always straight forward depending on what functionality was used in the original Flash output.
Greyelf
star of the reef

Postby shark » Sun, 17Dec24 23:29

I think that animate CC can be a solution but I can not download it because a lot of windows update are missing on my PC...
shark
Site Admin

Postby lucky loser » Mon, 17Dec25 01:06

Maybe other Lagooners can pitch in?
lucky loser
star of the reef

PreviousNext

Return to Shark's games