no new members since May?

You want to speak about the site or downright to participate in its realization? All the ideas and the notices are welcome …

Re: no new members since May?

Postby Xyzzy987 » Sat, 19Jan26 00:31

shark wrote:No change in registration methods. No particular explanation...

One possible explanation is that it is nearly impossible to figure out how to register for this site. I registered quite a long time ago, and have forgotten how I did it. I do remember that it took quite a while to determine how. Now I have a friend who would like to register. He looked for a while, and I have now spend the last hour looking, and cannot for the life of me find the instructions for how to register.

Where are the registration instructions to be found?
Xyzzy987
lagoon predator

Postby LRM » Sat, 19Jan26 03:17

@ Xyzzy987
We are/were undergoing an advertisement siege... No one (very few) want to become members, they just want to earn a few cents for posting some advertisement (roughly 250 posts a day).
Registration is temporarily shut down, I hinted at that in Introductions.
The correct method is to register and POST in introductions.
Without a post in introductions, your user name gets deleted in 1 to 3 days.
Currently, the only way to register is to contact Shark. There is a link where you can do that in his user name!
GL
LRM
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2819
Got Wood?
LRM

sex: Masculine

Postby Xyzzy987 » Sat, 19Jan26 08:12

LRM wrote:@ Xyzzy987
We are/were undergoing an advertisement siege... No one (very few) want to become members, they just want to earn a few cents for posting some advertisement (roughly 250 posts a day).
Registration is temporarily shut down, I hinted at that in Introductions.
The correct method is to register and POST in introductions.
Without a post in introductions, your user name gets deleted in 1 to 3 days.
Currently, the only way to register is to contact Shark. There is a link where you can do that in his user name!
GL
LRM
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2819

Looks to me like a Catch-22, Lou. I click on Shark's name, and I have to login in order to contact him to get a registration in order to login in order to contact him....

Try again?
Xyzzy987
lagoon predator

Postby Greebo » Sat, 19Jan26 13:17

Xyzzy987 wrote:Looks to me like a Catch-22, Lou. I click on Shark's name, and I have to login in order to contact him to get a registration in order to login in order to contact him....

Try again?

Unless I'm very much mistaken, clicking on shark's name takes you to a page that suggests two contact methods. A PM would seem to be Catch-22, but the basic website has a 'Contact' tab on the extreme right that enables one to email whilst providing one's own email address for shark to respond.
“Anyone who believes what a cat tells him deserves all he gets.”
― Neil Gaiman
Greebo
Great Master of corals

Postby LRM » Sat, 19Jan26 17:39

The website link should work whether you're a member or not (Greebo is correct, as is most often the case).
Have your friend email Shark, it would only complicate things if you do.
I am not willing to speak for Shark, but if emailing me I'd like the subject to be "new Lagoon membership". All email from those not on my contacts goes to spam. I might miss an important email without something to get my attention as the subject.
LRM
@ Greebo and Rikwar The email to me about the spammer does not work... Thanks to you both for the attempt.
Lou
Got Wood?
LRM

Postby Xyzzy987 » Sun, 19Jan27 02:24

Sorry, guys, but I'm just not seeing it. I agree, Greebo is correct most of the time, but in my experience with this case, he is indeed mistaken. If I am not logged in, then when I click on Shark's name, I am taken to a login screen. There is no website link, there is no contact tab, there is no email address to be used. There are only login and password fields, and a login button. In the blue bar above the login area, I see at the right: 'Advanced search', 'FAQ', and 'Login'. In the blue bar below the login area, at the right, I see: 'The team', 'Delete all board cookies', and 'All times are UTC [ DST ]'. If I click on 'The team', I am required to login again. On those bars to the left, all that's there is 'Board 'Index'. I wish I could send you a screen shot, but I cannot paste one here, and there does not seem to be a way to attach a file.
Xyzzy987
lagoon predator

Postby Xyzzy987 » Sun, 19Jan27 02:32

And by the way, just for completeness, if I am logged in and click on Shark's name, I am taken to Shark's profile. Below the profile there is a header which says 'Contact shark' (just a header, not clickable). Below that header there is a website, http://sharks-lagoon.fr, which takes me back to the home page of the website where I can start all over again, or a clickable 'send a PM link', which of course only works when I am logged in. There is, again, no contact tab, and no email address.
Xyzzy987
lagoon predator

Postby Rikwar » Sun, 19Jan27 04:00

Have you tried this one Xyzzy987, from what I can see it should work [img]images/icones/icon7.gif[/img]
http://www.sharks-lagoon.fr/content/contact_page.html

Your welcome Lou yet strange your spam folder must have deleted it or your just getting old :lol:
The greatest danger for most of us is not that our aim is too high and we miss it, but that it is too low and we reach it
Rikwar
Great Master of corals

Postby LRM » Sun, 19Jan27 04:11

Rikwar wrote:Your welcome Lou yet strange your spam folder must have deleted it or your just getting old :lol:

The problem was I wasn't getting notified of a new post to yahoo, spam or inbox... It was worth a try. Thanks again.

I could recommend an old part of my anatomy you could kiss, but I won't. ;)

Why do men like women that will kiss our ass? Because we can turn around real fast...
Got Wood?
LRM

Postby Xyzzy987 » Sun, 19Jan27 09:10

Rikwar wrote:Have you tried this one Xyzzy987, from what I can see it should work [img]images/icones/icon7.gif[/img]

Looks like that did the trick, Rikwar. Thanks for the assist.
Xyzzy987
lagoon predator

Postby shark » Sun, 19Jan27 12:25

I made some changes to send email from the forum. For testing.

I confirm that I receive all the messages sent from this page:
(but sometimes I cann't answer because the sender did not specify his/her email address)
shark
Site Admin

Postby PinkVendeta » Wed, 19Jan30 00:34

When did the link change to, the-new-lagoon.com/ from Sharks-Lagoon.Fr?
I Am Not speaking From Experience - I Just Have A Vivid Imagination

Hannah
PinkVendeta
legend of the South Seas

sex: Female

Postby shark » Wed, 19Jan30 01:11

sharks-lagoon.fr is the website address and the-new-lagoon.com is the forum address since the creation (they are not on the same server).
shark
Site Admin

Postby PinkVendeta » Mon, 19Feb04 15:01

shark wrote:sharks-lagoon.fr is the website address and the-new-lagoon.com is the forum address since the creation (they are not on the same server).

:lol: :lol: :lol: I was having a VERY drunk moment when I asked this ;) :roi:
I Am Not speaking From Experience - I Just Have A Vivid Imagination

Hannah
PinkVendeta
legend of the South Seas

sex: Female

Previous

Return to Shark's website