MIGRATION

You want to speak about the site or downright to participate in its realization? All the ideas and the notices are welcome …

Re: MIGRATION

Postby Graen » Mon, 11May02 09:32

Squeeky wrote:Pardon?
1. I offer a potential explanation.
2. You contend otherwise.
3. The old site is in lock-down except for a few "windows" that Shark has allowed open. Hence there may be a security breach then that was open.

Why do I ask "Pardon?"
There is something about your comment tone that i hopefully have misinterpreted.
Sir Squeeks, you can still change your profile on the old Aceboard forum, which allows you access to the Avatar gallery. Infact that's what lucky loser did to get to the image in question.
lucky loser wrote:Thanks! I ended up d/l it to my computer from the old board & uploading it to this board. 30 seconds, no biggie!

I hope that clarifies things for you Squeeky
Graen
legend of the South Seas

Postby luke » Mon, 11May02 13:18

Seems that Graen has benefited from forum's migration to change his avatar...
Summer time?
Que la Force de Shark soit avec toi / May the Shark Force be with you
luke

sex: Masculine

Postby Graen » Mon, 11May02 13:34

luke wrote:Seems that Graen has benefited from forum's migration to change his avatar...
Summer time?
Hehe nope... Summer time was posted last Summer, I decided to cut Spring short. Hope you don't mind! [img]images/icones/icon17.gif[/img]
Image LoPteam.blogspot.com
Image graenwerks.blogspot.com
Graen
legend of the South Seas

Postby Xyzzy987 » Mon, 11May02 15:36

Congrats and thanks for all the hard work on the new digs. Looks great so far. The only thing I found a bit disappointing was that the old avatars were not brought forward, but no biggie, I went and found something I like better.

BTW, Graen, love the new outfit! [img]images/icones/icon10.gif[/img]
Xyzzy987
lagoon predator

Postby shark » Mon, 11May02 15:47

All avatars gallery of the old forum were transferred here. To reach them:
Go to your User Control Panel
Edit avatar
Display gallery (choose category)
:johan:
shark
Site Admin

Postby Xyzzy987 » Mon, 11May02 21:56

Shark, I see that you have moved the avatars over here from the old forum. Many thanks. When I checked earlier today, there were only two categories of avatars available. I'm guessing you were in the midst of moving them while I was checking, so I went looking for something else I liked. It's a Gentoo penguin flying through the Lagoon (well, an aquarium actually, but I moved him over here, so... ;-).
Xyzzy987
lagoon predator

Postby LRM » Tue, 11May03 07:29

Xyzzy987 wrote:Shark, I see that you have moved the avatars over here from the old forum. Many thanks. When I checked earlier today, there were only two categories of avatars available. I'm guessing you were in the midst of moving them while I was checking, so I went looking for something else I liked. It's a Gentoo penguin flying through the Lagoon (well, an aquarium actually, but I moved him over here, so... ;-).

I am guessing the water where he swims would cause a HUGE shrinkage problem, probably not something the bull sharks wish to model for the local mermaids [img]images/icones/icon17.gif[/img].
Got Wood?
LRM

Postby luke » Tue, 11May03 12:08

Graen wrote:Hope you don't mind! [img]images/icones/icon17.gif[/img]

Sure not [img]images/icones/icon13.gif[/img]
Que la Force de Shark soit avec toi / May the Shark Force be with you
luke

Postby Xyzzy987 » Tue, 11May03 17:59

LRM wrote:I am guessing the water where he swims would cause a HUGE shrinkage problem, probably not something the bull sharks wish to model for the local mermaids [img]images/icones/icon17.gif[/img].

Dunno, LRM, I've never really thought about it. The mermaid in my life doesn't seem to mind. [img]images/icones/icon13.gif[/img]
Besides, I thought the Lagoon's water was warm....
Xyzzy987
lagoon predator

Postby qbv8 » Wed, 11May04 17:49

"Eppur si muove" (Galileo Galilei, Roma, 1633)

WOW! [img]kator/smiley207.gif[/img] YAY!

After years and years of rumours, plans, sweat, tears, emotions, and a huge amount of work, it is finally accomplished: the lagoon has moved! A project that reminds me a little bit of the channel between France and England that - according to "Astérix chez les Bretons" - was first envisioned about 2000 years ago ...

And The Lagoon has not moved by itself, but thanks to the wonderful work of Craban, Martial, Shark, Squeeky, TheBrain, korb, and especially: Trucla.

A big bow Image in front of you all for your patience, skillfulness, and sometimes also stubborness that was necessary to get this wonderful result that we see here.

Merci beaucoup!
Thank you, thank you thank you!
qbv8
star of the reef

Postby Trucla » Wed, 11May04 18:40

Thank you too, qbv8, my dear friend! [img]kator/smiley134.gif[/img]
Trucla
If a guy is hungry, don't feed him! Just offer a fishing rod and teach him fishing!
Trucla
legend of the South Seas

Postby Newdood » Thu, 11May05 02:47

Trucla,

With apologies as required for my lateness here, I wanted to take the opportunity to say THANK YOU, for your efforts in this move. I feel proud to have been beaten to the punch by so many - especially qbv8!

I'm aware that there are several others who have helped, and I thank them too, but your input was, I believe, what put the project over the top.
Newdood
star of the reef

Postby Trucla » Thu, 11May05 17:28

Apologies accepted. [img]images/icones/icon13.gif[/img]
Last edited by Trucla on Sat, 11May07 18:48, edited 2 times in total.
Trucla
If a guy is hungry, don't feed him! Just offer a fishing rod and teach him fishing!
Trucla
legend of the South Seas

Postby Newdood » Sat, 11May07 18:40

done! :sarcastic:

But please add the honorific of your choice to the address - you've certainly earned it!
Newdood
star of the reef

Postby Trucla » Sat, 11May07 19:05

Newdood, thanks! I preferred to edit my own post.

I never do things for gaining titles, money, or other kind of payment! I do them by enthusiasm, for the challenge of finding solutions, much like in good games, and mainly for trying to help people (see my location). Of course it gives me pleasure when I see that the others appreciate the efforts made.

So please no honorific titles! I don't want any!

Cheers!
Trucla
Trucla
legend of the South Seas

PreviousNext

Return to Shark's website