MIGRATION

You want to speak about the site or downright to participate in its realization? All the ideas and the notices are welcome …

MIGRATION

Postby spitzertyp » Fri, 11Apr29 17:32

The new one looks great at first sight! Thanks to everyone involved in this migration! [img]images/icones/icon7.gif[/img]

Let the new lagoon be our place!!!
spitzertyp
Games Master

MIGRATION

Postby shark » Fri, 11Apr29 17:36

Here you can post your comments and questions about the migration
shark
Site Admin

sex: Masculine

Re: MIGRATION

Postby LRM » Fri, 11Apr29 18:05

It is good to see you back up. A special thanks to Trucla, without his involvement we would still be dealing with Ace Board. The search function on this board actually works!!! For the benefit of all PLEASE before you plead "I'm Stuck" try a search, I think you will be amazed at how well it works.
L
LRM

Postby Craban » Fri, 11Apr29 19:00

YEAH!

Finally a new forum. I'll miss all the bugs of the old one ... naaaah, just kidding ;-)

Great work and thanks for the effort and courage to go this step.
Craban
star of the reef

Postby seyfi » Fri, 11Apr29 19:46

shark wrote:Here you can post your comments and questions about the migration

The new Board looks great

good Work Mr.shark [img]images/icones/icon7.gif[/img] [img]images/icones/icon15.gif[/img]
seyfi
great white shark

Postby Son-of-Odin » Fri, 11Apr29 19:50

WOW !! This looks really great.
Congrats to you. Mr. Shark and also to all who were involved. You all have done a really, really great job. Thanks so much!!

But one question:
Is there any chance or way for me to move my PMs from the old forum to here?
Last edited by Son-of-Odin on Sat, 11Apr30 08:21, edited 1 time in total.
Son-of-Odin
star of the reef

Postby shark » Fri, 11Apr29 20:05

unfortunately, I fear that not.
The migration was made thanks to a script which work as an user of the old forum which would have copied all what he saw. Unfortunately, it was not able to see the PM
shark
Site Admin

Postby Greebo » Fri, 11Apr29 20:39

shark wrote:unfortunately, I fear that not.
The migration was made thanks to a script which work as an user of the old forum which would have copied all what he saw. Unfortunately, it was not able to see the PM

Oh dear! If I'd known that, and that the migration was about to take place, I would have copied my most recent PMs. I did that a while back when we were suffering the earlier problems, but my "backup" is way out of date.
Greebo
Great Master of corals

Postby Craban » Fri, 11Apr29 20:56

You can still access the private messages in the old forum.
Craban
star of the reef

Postby sunnyson » Fri, 11Apr29 20:56

hello

Greebo wrote:... Oh dear! If I'd known that, and that the migration was about to take place, I would have copied my most recent PMs. ...

I think in the old forum the PM's still work. No reason to to fall into despair [img]images/icones/icon13.gif[/img]

sunnyson
sunnyson
great white shark

Postby spindle » Fri, 11Apr29 21:10

nice logical site and it all works! thanks for the hard work.
spindle
Pilot fish

Postby Mimailia » Fri, 11Apr29 22:43

My thanks also to all involved. It's been a rough couple of days without all my friends from Shark's Lagoon.

M
Mimailia
star of the reef

Postby Trucla » Sat, 11Apr30 00:51

Hi!

Let me say some words about the migration.

First of all my warm greetings and thanks to Craban who made the first try in what I consider the right direction.
Then, thanks to Shark who found a link to acepompe (a script in php). Thanks to korb who made the script.
After exchanging some PMs with Shark, I tried that version of acepompe with no results. And korb stated clearly that there was no support, and unlike Craban I'm not a coder. Being more persistent than a mule I searched and searched and found that Martial had taken the original acepompe and built the v0.3 of the puppy.
Thanks to Martial too.
Acepompe isn't a finished product but it started working reasonably after I found out that I should use French as my language in aceboard (something that wasn't and still isn't in the tutorial). Some time after TheBrain offered a correction (avoiding some double fishings) and an enhancement (the possibility of keeping all the uppercase characters in the user names) to the script. Thanks, TheBrain!
Thanks, Squeeky, you rat (hope not getting a warning because of this...), for being so involved in the discussions about the project, and the many good ideas you shared with us!
And last but not least, thanks to two good Friends (whose names I don't reveal) who supported me (one with general technical advice and both morally) in the this task.

Thanks and congratulations to all the lagooners! I feel at home!
Trucla
If a guy is hungry, don't feed him! Just offer a fishing rod and teach him fishing!
Trucla
legend of the South Seas

Postby Squeeky » Sat, 11Apr30 01:19

Trucla wrote:
Being more persistent than a mule I searched and searched and .......

Few of us realise how many failed attempts and hours you spent to get the greatest optimum outcome for the benefit of the Lagoon.

Because of my time-zone I was quite aware in recent days the long hours into the night through which you were working.

I can be quite persistent over many things, but I would probably have given up long ago had I been charged with this task.

And ... I can't miss this ... Beside my workspace is a "Smilies" board with a link to a range of other icons and smilies. Just below are three buttons.
Prior to the database move those buttons were out of sight :( That little "tweak" has made the workspaces quite comfortable.

Thanks (and that is also in consideration to whoever else credit is due).
Squeeky
Spirit of the oceans

Postby Graen » Sat, 11Apr30 02:08

Yay! New Forums!

Boo! The Way it happened. Some advanced warning would have been nice, I'm lucky that I still had access to my old e-mail account or I would not have been able to login here.
Graen
legend of the South Seas

Next

Return to Shark's website