MIGRATION

You want to speak about the site or downright to participate in its realization? All the ideas and the notices are welcome …

Re: MIGRATION

Postby Squeeky » Sat, 11Apr30 02:30

Graen wrote:Yay! New Forums!
I'm lucky that I still had access to my old e-mail account or I would not have been able to login here.

That's a puzzle. At the bottom of the notice of the old site was the address to here.
Oh! Got your point. Your temporary password went out to and email address stored at the old site!
Well, just goes to show that we have a responsibility to maintain our correct details wherever we are, be it Social Services, Tax Office, wherever.
Squeeky
Spirit of the oceans

sex: Masculine

Postby Squeeky » Sat, 11Apr30 02:45

Squeeky wrote:
I'm lucky that I still had access to my old e-mail account or I would not have been able to login here.

That's a puzzle. At the bottom of the notice of the old site was the address to here.
Oh! Got your point. Your temporary password went out to and email address stored at the old site!
Well, just goes to show that we have a responsibility to maintain our correct details wherever we are, be it Social Services, Tax Office, wherever.

In consideration of that comment by Graen, I went to the old site and found that I could access my profile. At this point I erroneously wrote an advice which simple would not work and so I have deleted it, this deletion is the matter discussed by Graen and myself in following comments.
Squeeky
Spirit of the oceans

Postby Graen » Sat, 11Apr30 02:49

Squeeky wrote:In consideration of that comment by Graen, I went to the old site and found that I could access my profile. I could also edit it.

I shall ask Shark to advise people in that notification over there to check their email details.
Sadly, that may be too little, too late Sir Squeeks. :(
Graen
legend of the South Seas

Postby Squeeky » Sat, 11Apr30 02:56

I was just about to make that advice to Shark and suddenly realised that the email address to be used is the one stored over here! Yes, you are correct, modifying over there does nothing when attempting to log here. Forgive my oversight.
Squeeky
Spirit of the oceans

Postby Rikwar » Sat, 11Apr30 06:10

Thanks and congrats to Shark, Trucla & korb on a job well done in the migration [img]smile/thumb.gif[/img]
Rikwar
Great Master of corals

Postby shark » Sat, 11Apr30 08:03

Sorry Grean, there had no advanced warning because nobody was able to say that the miration was going to succeed before it is finished.
shark
Site Admin

Postby Ehlanna » Sat, 11Apr30 12:30

* paddles into the new lagoon and peeks about *

Nice ... [img]images/icones/icon10.gif[/img]
Ehlanna
star of the reef

Postby Trucla » Sat, 11Apr30 14:43

Squeeky wrote:

This is true and M De La Palisse wouldn't have said it better! [img]images/icones/icon13.gif[/img]

Anyway we know that some people can be in similar (worst) circumstances meaning they have no access to the email currently in aceboard. But there is a solution for it if Shark agrees: a PM to Shark (in aceboard) letting him know the good e-mail address. This done Shark will transmit it to me and I'll make the change directly in the new lagoon database. Of course provided the user has posted in aceboard and his/her post(s) were fished.

Speaking about lost posts and seeing the difference (in my posts) between aceboard and the new lagoon, the figures differ substantially (got demoted in rank :lol: ) and I found the difference is roughly the number in my PM box. Contrarily to what happens in phpBB, aceboard treats PMs as posts.

Cheers!
Trucla
If a guy is hungry, don't feed him! Just offer a fishing rod and teach him fishing!
Trucla
legend of the South Seas

Postby cruiser » Sat, 11Apr30 15:22

[img]images/icones/icon14.gif[/img] Hehe I´ve made it and now Im in the new Lagoon.
Looks good at the first sight.....well done Shark and all your helpers :roi:
cruiser
star of the reef

new forum congratulations

Postby coder » Sun, 11May01 06:07

I justed wanted to say, the guys/girls who did the migration, did a great job. [img]images/icones/icon7.gif[/img]

So, my congratulations and a happy new lagoon.
coder
lagoon predator

Postby Greebo » Sun, 11May01 12:25

On the whole I must say I find this phpBB forum much better than its Aceboard incarnation. [img]images/icones/icon7.gif[/img] [img]images/icones/icon10.gif[/img] I was never able to 'search' the old forum properly for some reason, whereas a quick check of the 'search' function of this new forum shows it working well.

One minor gripe/query is why I seem to get sent emails for every new post [img]images/icones/icon9.gif[/img] - how can I disable this 'feature'? I've tried looking in the User Control Panel to no avail. (Actually I'm not sure if it is still happening - there don't seem to have been any posts recently. PS There have now been at least three new posts without me getting email notifications - maybe my previous experience was just a glitch.)
Greebo
Great Master of corals

Postby shark » Sun, 11May01 13:00

When you write a new post, at the screen bottom, the box "notify me when a reply is posted " is checked off by defect, you need to change it before to send the post.
When the post is already sent, you can change that by going in the topic and choosing "unsubscribe topic" or "subscrib topic"
shark
Site Admin

Postby LudwigBOKU » Sun, 11May01 13:02

hi

great new look, i like it!
I only got the problem i never got a mail for password-reactivation. Then i tried to register a new account but it failed - no mail. Now i got a new account with my business-email to post my problems.

my original account was: Username=Ludwig email=ludwig.roeder@wickerl.org

would be nice when i can use my private email-account for this forum
Thanks!

BTW: did i mention " i like th new look"
LudwigBOKU
Pilot fish

Postby Greebo » Sun, 11May01 13:04

shark wrote:When you write a new post, at the screen bottom, the box "notify me when a reply is posted " is checked off by defect, you need to change it before to send the post.
When the post is already sent, you can change that by going in the topic and choosing "unsubscribe topic" or "subscrib topic"

Thanks shark!
Greebo
Great Master of corals

Postby shark » Sun, 11May01 13:06

LudwigBOKU, do you want that I reactivate your original account?
shark
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Shark's website