requesting help....Arnulf, Shark, anybody.

You want to speak about the site or downright to participate in its realization? All the ideas and the notices are welcome …

Re: requesting help....Arnulf, Shark, anybody.

Postby petuchi10 » Fri, 09Jul24 11:32

Ok...I've just been in contact with a representative of LoveHoney and it doesn't appear that I've won in any capacity with my story, which means that (trumpets blaring): I CAN POST MY STORY HERE!!!

There's just one problem. I'm not sure exactly how to go about doing that. Arnulf suggested using rapidshare but I'm not sure how to use it. Arnulf...would you offer some assitance please? It's much appreciated. Shark or anyone else who has any good ideas, I'm all ears.

I just wanted to let everyone know the story is coming to the Lagoon within the week!
petuchi10
great white shark

Postby qbv8 » Fri, 09Jul24 11:39

Hi petuchi10
Good news, a lot of lagooners are looking forward to read your story.

I would just suggest that you (or a moderator) change the title of this thread to something more specific, so that visitors know that they can find news about the story here in this thread.
:) "requesting help" does not help --- if you know what I mean :)

Best regards,
qbv8
qbv8
star of the reef

sex: Masculine

Postby luke » Fri, 09Jul24 11:58

@petuchi
It's quite simple:
go to the site http://rapidshare.com/
select your file (type its path and name, or click on the scan button)
click on "upload"
when it done, the site give you two links: one for the document and one for deleting it
copy the links and share the link to the document

Note that, if i remember well, your document will be automatically deleted after 30 days without any download, except if you register. Registration is not free, but if i remember always well, you can obtain bonus, depending on the number of downloads, that you can convert into "money" for registration.
Que la Force de Shark soit avec toi / May the Shark Force be with you
luke

Postby coder » Fri, 09Jul24 12:22

You are forgetting something, when you upload a file, it can only be downloaded 10 times unless you create an account (it's free)

After uploading the file, there will be a link to create a collector's account. Click on that and transfer your file to it.
coder
lagoon predator

Postby Arnulf » Fri, 09Jul24 12:34

Hi, petuchi10, It is a little bit different from the info, which Luke has written, (ecxuse me, Luke!).

You can register on Rapidshare in the so-called Collector's Zone, this is completely free of charge, you only have to register with a nickname, a password and a valid e-mail address. That's all. As registered user in the Collector's Zone you can keep your uploaded file available for three months after the last download, you can watch, how many downloads there have been made and you can earn bonus-points which you can use for maintaining a registration in the Premium-Zone, which is not free of charge and for other goodies.

The main adventage of such a collector's Zone registration is that your files can be downloaded as many times as it may happen (as to the contrary: if you upload a file without being registered as Collector's Zone user, you have available only a very limited number of possible downloads - I don't know exactly how much these may be). The link for download is shown on your own page and you can publish this link wherever you want, or give it only to selected friends, as the case may be.
Arnulf
Master of the skies and the waves

Postby Mimailia » Fri, 09Jul24 13:15

Petuchi10, sorry you didn't win. We always want to see a Sharkie do well in any venture. However, we are also grateful to get to share your story.

Thanks,

M
I can't figure out how to use the signature!
Mimailia
star of the reef

Postby shark » Fri, 09Jul24 16:41

I've hosted the story in the lagoon... If Petuchi10 has no correction to bring, he will diffuse the link himself.

shark
Site Admin

Postby Arnulf » Sun, 09Aug02 10:07

Hi, petuchi10, I've transferred your topic from today because it would make more sense to have all your posts regarding your story on one single place, as it is also in accordance with the rules here in the forum. [img]smile/indecis.gif[/img]

Ok...since I last posted here, LoveHoney has been in contact with me again and they will provide a link to the story, which will be published on their website. I should be receiving the link on Monday. Once I get it, I will dispel it here to the Lagoon. Hope you all enjoy it!
Arnulf

Postby petuchi10 » Fri, 09Aug07 12:04

Help! I've gone to rapidshare to create an account, but I can't find where to register for free. I easily found where to register for a premium account, but I don't want to go that route. Any help on where to go from here would be appreciated. Thanks!
petuchi10
great white shark

Postby qbv8 » Fri, 09Aug07 12:08

Hi petuchi10
I suppose you look for the place to register for a free collector#s account. It took me quite some time to find it. The trick is, you first have to upload something (without account). After you have finished the upload, you can see a link that leads you to create a free collector's account.

Hope this helps.
qbv8
star of the reef

Postby petuchi10 » Fri, 09Aug07 12:22

Please disregard my last post. I have it all figured out now. I have my file uploaded but am unable to transfer it to a collector's account. Apparently, I need 300 of what are called rapidpoints and currently I have none. I get them by people dowloading my file(s), but as it is, my file can only be downloaded 10 times, which leaves many Lagooners out in the dry. Any help resolving this issue would be much appreciated. Thanks!
petuchi10
great white shark

Postby qbv8 » Fri, 09Aug07 12:32

If you have a collector's account now (by following the procedure described above) and are unable to transfer your already uploaded file to it, then try the following procedure:
[*]1. Log into your collector's account
[*]2. Upload your file again
[*]3. Change the reference link in your post to point to the newly uploaded file in your collector's account.
There is no need to collect any rapidpoints to do this.
qbv8
star of the reef

Postby Arnulf » Fri, 09Aug07 13:05

Hi, petuchi10, it seems to me the best way to act as qbv8 recommended above.

If you still cannot succeed to upload your file into your collector's account, you by default have some more options:

First, as far as i've understood Shark's message to you, Shark offered you to have hosted your story-file by himself and he could give you the link for publishing the same in the forum or everywhere you want.

Second, you can PM to me the link, I could upload the file on my own rapidshare collector's account and repost you the link by PM, so that you have a valid link, which you can use for publishing your story.
Arnulf

Postby petuchi10 » Fri, 09Aug07 22:01

Ok. It's all taken care of. Thanks to everyone who offered support, well-wishes, and advice to help make this possible. I will diffuse the link in a new topic. Please DO NOT include it in this topic here so it is easier for everyone to locate. I repeat: LET THE NEW TOPIC STAND ALONE! Thank you for your cooperation.
petuchi10
great white shark

Postby shark » Fri, 09Aug07 22:44

shark wrote : I've hosted the story in the lagoon... If Petuchi10 has no correction to bring, he will diffuse the link himself.

Hey Petuchi10
I remind to you that the text is available on a page of
" sharks-lagoon.fr ". I have just need for your authorization to diffuse the link...
shark
Site Admin

Next

Return to Shark's website