Sharks Forum being used for advertisement

You want to speak about the site or downright to participate in its realization? All the ideas and the notices are welcome …

Re: Sharks Forum being used for advertisement

Postby bbvx » Wed, 09Oct14 21:40

Is it only me or is sharks lagoon forum being blatantly used for advertisement, often I come across posts that claim to have new games(?) and on redirection, arrive on some blog site.
Rules do state no direct links but that doesn't mean someone could use this to promote their personal site, is there no rule against blatant advertisement?
It's just my opinion, correct me if I am wrong.
bbvx
great white shark

Postby cheese101 » Wed, 09Oct14 21:56

i agree,more and more people r starting to do it...1 guy just put up 5 today(pretty obvious,but still annoying)...
plz correct me if im (also) wrong
cheese101
star of the reef

Postby luke » Thu, 09Oct15 12:52

You are unfortunately right.
Some of lagoon's members warn moderators when they encounter such messages, you can also do it (link in top of each thread).
Please be a little patient, moderators aren't all day long in front of their screen, but now, when we are warned for those threads, we ban the author.
Que la Force de Shark soit avec toi / May the Shark Force be with you
luke

sex: Masculine

Postby Arnulf » Thu, 09Oct15 12:59

I agree! in the newer times it is really a mess [img]smile/couto.gif[/img] , but we are doing our best to keep the lagoon clean and cosy.
Arnulf
Master of the skies and the waves

Postby bbvx » Thu, 09Oct15 14:58

So action is taken against spammers,
I stand (slightly) corrected, haven't used the report button is quite a while, but it's time to do.
bbvx
great white shark

Postby shark » Thu, 09Oct15 22:33

we removed about thirty f... spams these last weeks… and we will continue as much as it will be necessary...
shark
Site Admin

Postby nepolemo » Fri, 09Oct16 15:25

thanks very much to the mods. The lagoon is nice because the atmosphere friendly and not aggressive as in many erotic sites and there is not that much ads here. Keep on with the good work.
nepolemo
great white shark

Postby cruiser » Fri, 09Oct16 16:33

Thanks Shark and the Mod for keep this forum clean from spam ads
Its your site Shark and you set the rules...go on with...

Oh and by the way....hope the new game will be a funny X-mas present Image
cruiser
star of the reef

Postby bbvx » Tue, 09Oct20 16:20

Newbies seem to be doing most of the spamming, so what can be done, we will watch and report inappropriate posts, but newbies will keep coming to show off.
So what is to be done?
bbvx
great white shark

Postby bbvx » Wed, 09Oct21 00:14

posting anything with crack is illegal and I hope there will soon be a rule against illegal stuff only that way this forum can get rid of spammer.
bbvx
great white shark

Postby Bonhomie » Wed, 09Oct21 00:41

I suppose it is a bit of a compliment - this is such a good and popular site that all sorts of undesirables wish to 'advertise' here.

Firstly I am a moderator on another big site, and we have had a lot of problems with 'bots'.

I'm not very technical, but our resident expert sorted it within the registration process. I cannot remember what was involved when I signed up here, but I hope there is one of those 'character recognition' boxes?

So firstly counter the automated stuff.

Secondly it seems that we have a lot of new members who just come here to post links for whatever reason.
When accounts are banned, is it just the name or is it also the IP?

I think new people should 'earn' their membership, and prove they are worthy.

Maybe a trial period should be introduced?

24 hours before you can post?

A minimum of 10 posts before you can start a thread?

This would enable the staff to see if a new member has anything positive to contribute, or is just here for some personal gain.
Bonhomie
Games Master

Postby DiTo » Wed, 09Oct21 01:06

Sounds good Bonhomie. I must say I was rather surprised that it was so easy to post and make a new thread. And the whole thing with the "not wanna-be"sharkies is rather annoying and keeps Shark and his crew from what this whole site is mend to be: A free sexy games site (and what an amazing one it is). Perhaps it is possible that those guys who are now discussing the source of the chaotic games, can give Shark (if he needs that) some good advise on how to prevent these advertisors from posting. They seem to know a lot about software!!

Love y'all
DiTo
legend of the South Seas

sex: Female

Postby luke » Wed, 09Oct21 15:53

Bonhomie wrote : I suppose it is a bit of a compliment - this is such a good and popular site that all sorts of undesirables wish to 'advertise' here.

C'est la rançon du succès ! That's the price of fame !
Bonhomie wrote : Secondly it seems that we have a lot of new members who just come here to post links for whatever reason.
When accounts are banned, is it just the name or is it also the IP?

Normally, it's based on the IP address. But there are many ways having temporary IP
Bonhomie wrote : I think new people should 'earn' their membership, and prove they are worthy.

Maybe a trial period should be introduced?

24 hours before you can post?

A minimum of 10 posts before you can start a thread?

Unfortunately, this forum cannot provides such rules. Check this thread to know why.
Que la Force de Shark soit avec toi / May the Shark Force be with you
luke

Postby bbvx » Sat, 09Oct24 12:39

-no direct link towards cracked game or illegal patch. You can give addresses of a site or a forum which proposes these games but do not reproduce part of these sites or informations they diffuse

This rule is "The Loophole", one can post personal blogsite containing hacked games.
I personally think the rules needs to be revised, Shark's forum is a great place to hang out, it shouldn't be a great place to post junk.
Amateur developers could show off their creations, as they need incentive and suggestions, but posting someone else's hacked games for personal gain (e.g hotfile paying for download) should not be tolerated.
bbvx
great white shark

Postby crazywheels » Sun, 09Nov08 08:01

how do you get pass the shaving pussy part on secret fantasy 2.
crazywheels
sirens hunter

Next

Return to Shark's website