Discussion about the organisation of the forum

You want to speak about the site or downright to participate in its realization? All the ideas and the notices are welcome …

Re: Discussion about the organisation of the forum

Postby Newdood » Sun, 09Dec13 05:06

Whew! from what I'm reading - see opening post of
http://sharks-lagoon.aceboard.fr/forum2 ... gin=215394
I guess it's a BLOODY GOOD THING that the forum and the site are on different servers!

I've been noticing some slowness of response throughout the day today in the forum. I get the impression that it's due to the server being maxed out. I can't IMAGINE what it'd be like if the forum had to share bandwidth with downloads 'o the games!
When it comes to binary, there are 10 kinds of people - those who get and those who don't!
Newdood
star of the reef

sex: Masculine

Postby LRM » Sun, 09Dec13 13:54

Edited:
Newdood wrote : On a related but separate question, I (and 60nowisee and LRM) just had an occasion to deal with a couple of miscreants. One was a pilot fish with 4 posts, so it was an understandable error, but the other was a great white shark with 60 postings - HE should have KNOWN better!!
Just Rambling'

He (60 posts) did exactly the same thing with SFD2; help me I am stuck every scene. Create a new topic to ask for help. I think Arnulf was ready to murder him. I have asked he not delete his post in other threads and it gets missed or ignored.

We agree about the search engine. A good search function might negate some of the cries for help. Sending Instant Messages to multiple people at once would also be valuable.

Dood I am hesitant to reward the "I'm Stuck" with an answer; it only seems to reinforce the behavior. Maybe it is best to just not answer, but eventually someone rewards them with their prize.

Eventually the magic word will be published and when not visible on the current screen they will be crying!!! IMO much of it is just plain laziness on the part of the asker.
L
Got Wood?
LRM

Postby Squeeky » Sun, 09Dec13 17:03

Excuse moi! [French isn't working :-( ]

Initially I thought LRM was having a conflict with Newdood !!!

Don't know who "he" is, but it seems that the type of facility, 'search engine', is not on aceboard, well not like we'd like.
Squeaky is clean, I'm just a tad messy!
Squeeky
Spirit of the oceans

Postby Squeeky » Sun, 09Dec13 17:19

LRM wrote :

He (60 posts) did exactly the same thing .....

Dood I am hesitant to reward the "I'm Stuck" with an answer;......
Eventually the magic word will be published ......... IMO much of it is just plain laziness on the part of the asker.
L

LRM, mon ami, there is a brick wall somewhere! Know what I mean?

But, no, a site search engine would be fine but do get such detail in any forum unless a google-type global facility has been put in place?

I do, and I really do concur with your exasperation, but are you:
(as my doctor would ask)
1. Weight.
2. Diet.
3. Cholesterol.
4. BP (Blood Pressure}.
5. Um?? What else?

I know. It seems painful when that generation run against an issue and expect to be bailed first time!
Squeaky is clean, I'm just a tad messy!
Squeeky
Spirit of the oceans

Previous

Return to Shark's website