Discussion about the organisation of the forum

You want to speak about the site or downright to participate in its realization? All the ideas and the notices are welcome …

Re: Discussion about the organisation of the forum

Postby disposedidiot » Mon, 09Jun08 15:41

heey guys/girls

i need some help with sfd 2 i'm stuck in the first part :P

i can't get any further then wendy laying on the floor
can anyone help me with a walktrough or something

thnx
disposedidiot
Pilot fish

Postby qbv8 » Mon, 09Jun08 16:13

Hi Shark,
I suggest to build a small game that teaches the basic rules of the forum to new members of the lagoon. The idea is to put this game as part of the registration process and make the registration dependent on the outcome of the game. Of course, the game should be playable as many times as is necessary, but only if the new lagoon-member-to-be has passed all the obstructions (and answered everything correctly) he/she is allowed to register.

In case you like this idea, I volunteer to draft and implement a first version and send it to you for approval/change/rejection/whatsoever. Just drop me a note.

Regards,
qbv8
qbv8
star of the reef

sex: Masculine

Postby co90921 » Mon, 09Jun08 18:00

qbv8 wrote : Hi Shark,
I suggest to build a small game that teaches the basic rules of the forum to new members of the lagoon. The idea is to put this game as part of the registration process and make the registration dependent on the outcome of the game. Of course, the game should be playable as many times as is necessary, but only if the new lagoon-member-to-be has passed all the obstructions (and answered everything correctly) he/she is allowed to register.

In case you like this idea, I volunteer to draft and implement a first version and send it to you for approval/change/rejection/whatsoever. Just drop me a note.

Regards,
qbv8

Add to the instructions for this new game your favorite quote: "Reading is a real advantage." --(06/03/09) [img]kator/smiley75.gif[/img]

Regards,
co90921
co90921
star of the reef

Postby qbv8 » Mon, 09Jun08 18:53

qbv8
star of the reef

Postby LRM » Tue, 09Jun09 02:13

Do you mean before we ask for aid we should actually try to find the answer ourselves??? Madness!!! Our time is worth ten times what the regulars expend answering the same question time and again. Danke qbv8 for taking some of my heat.
L
Got Wood?
LRM

Postby LRM » Tue, 09Jun09 02:38

qbv8 wrote : Hi Shark,

Regards,
qbv8

A fine idea. Please include something where the search engine must be used to answer a few questions like:
[*]How do I down load a game?
[*]The path to Arnulf’s walk throughs.
[*]Something that proves newbies are capable of reading with a little comprehension.

[*]Something in bold text that bans anyone from posting a walk through for any game less than 3 weeks old without Shark's written approval.
[*]A clause where a duplicate post awards a member residing nearby the duty to smite said poster; and perhaps a small punishment for any member hijacking someone else's thread...
Got Wood?
LRM

Postby qbv8 » Tue, 09Jun09 03:09

Hi LRM,
thank you for your ideas. And in case other lagooners would like to add suggestions: very welcome.

Now it depends on Mr Shark if he thinks such a game as a mandatory prerequisite for registering is a good idea. I would like to wait for Shark's comment on this before I start putting any major effort in this work.

More suggestions on the content are welcome!

The idea of such a game would be
[*]to make sure that everybody has gone through the "tutorial" and got a basic understanding of the rules,
[*]to make the learning of these rules more attractive than reading the lawyer's texts. That is like reading the copyright statement of a piece of software: only a few do it, and even a fewer understand it --- but nobody likes it.
Therefore, if such a game would contribute to a better and shorter ramp-up phase for newcomers, then it could be useful. I think this kind of software is called "edutainment".
qbv8
star of the reef

Postby Jackadict » Tue, 09Jun09 10:45

I think that we'll have new post for help to win this new game !!!
Jackadict
star of the reef

Postby shark » Tue, 09Jun09 20:33

and Arnulf will be obliged to make a walkthrough!!!
shark
Site Admin

Postby shark » Fri, 09Jun12 00:46

seriously, we have to put a little order in the lagoon. The posts are increasingly numerous and the rules are not precise enough. The proposal of qbv8 is interesting because it uses the game which is the stuff of the lagoon.
unfortunately, I am not the forum programmer but only an user of " aceboard.fr ", a supplier of free forums.I am not able to modify the registration process.
I admire the patience of Arnulf which moves the threads when they are badly placed or of LRM which tirelessly repeat that the newbies have to introduce themself and to read the existing threads before to create a new one.
I have less patience and I often destroys new topics which do not comply with the rules.
I think that we have to think to specify certain rules (for example: is a rapidshare link a direct link?) and to apply them with rigour, perhaps with a more important moderators team .
All the ideas are welcome and I invite qbv8 and LRM to be taken part in this thought
shark
Site Admin

Postby Craban » Fri, 09Jun12 00:56

Don't take me wrong, but maybe you could switch to another forum? Do you have to pay for this one?
There are some problems here like with the read status of posts and the forum sometimes changes the `i' character (e.g. in scrïpt).
Craban
star of the reef

Postby shark » Fri, 09Jun12 01:03

I already thought that but I hesitate to start a sharks migration where we are likely to lose much individuals... and much interesting threads...
Image Image Image Image Image
shark
Site Admin

Postby qbv8 » Fri, 09Jun12 01:28

Hi Shark
Thank you for sharing with us your thoughts about this forum. I see this as an appreciation of our efforts and an invitation to develop ideas on how to improve the life of us all in this forum, along the technical constraints of the organization and the spirit of the lagooners. Having said this, I need a few days now to make up my mind and see if I can propose a concept for improvement, so that we could have a basis for further discussion.

And to remain within the lines of the rules, I would post my thoughts under a new thread with a more specific title :)

Regards,
qbv8
qbv8
star of the reef

Postby co90921 » Fri, 09Jun12 05:30

shark wrote : seriously, we have to put a little order in the lagoon. The posts are increasingly numerous and the rules are not precise enough. The proposal of qbv8 is interesting because it uses the game which is the stuff of the lagoon.
unfortunately, I am not the forum programmer but only an user of " aceboard.fr ", a supplier of free forums.I am not able to modify the registration process.
I admire the patience of Arnulf which moves the threads when they are badly placed or of LRM which tirelessly repeat that the newbies have to introduce themself and to read the existing threads before to create a new one.
I have less patience and I often destroys new topics which do not comply with the rules.
I think that we have to think to specify certain rules (for example: is a rapidshare link a direct link?) and to apply them with rigour, perhaps with a more important moderators team .
All the ideas are welcome and I invite qbv8 and LRM to be taken part in this thought

Since everyone who desires to be involved in the Lagoon Forum has to register and sign in before they can post, I suggest that some type of acknowledgement be set up in the main Lagoon Forum "Homepage". This would state briefly that "the participant/member has read all of the Forum Rules and Agrees to Abide by the Forum Rules". I do not know if some system can be established where a Box could be checked and some how recorded, so that a tally of all members who checked that "box" can be saved. I also believe that all current members read the "new" forum rules as well as new members. I would do it.

Just my thoughts!! [img]images/icones/icon13.gif[/img]
co90921
star of the reef

Postby Squeeky » Fri, 09Jun12 10:02

shark wrote : seriously, we have to put a little order in the lagoon. The posts are increasingly numerous and the rules are not precise ................ patience of Arnulf which moves the threads when they are badly placed or of LRM which tirelessly repeat that the newbies have to introduce themself and to read the existing threads ......... to specify certain rules (for example: is a rapidshare link a direct link?) ...... and I invite qbv8 and LRM to be taken part in this thought

I am uncertain where I placed a similar comment, but I had suggested some weeks ago doing either one of two things or both:
1. Place a significant link directly above the Forums Index Board eg, in a frame "Need Game Help?" to which you are taken to a Forum Thread for advice.
2. Place a Forum Thread "Need Game Help?" directly below Introductions to which only you, Shark, and the moderators can add/modify. Here you list:
Where to find:
A. Shark Games (so we get a direct link to "Sexy Games")
B. Milly
C. Pusooy
D. (continue list as necessary).
Hints to Play:
A. (and build a similar list which might include linking to already existing threads.
B.

Moderator team? If I read you correctly you are considering a possible extention in moderator size? You already have 3 who seem to work well. You also recognise the value of gbv8 and LRM. My thought here is that you do not go beyond 5! And only then should those extra places be filled with someone who has, and don't consider this completely definitive, but those should have have at least two languages to offer but Eng, French and German would seem to one of the two so moderators might interexchange comments (anymore would probably become a hindrance - and I am not putting my hand up for one of those, my French barely gets me by).
Squeaky is clean, I'm just a tad messy!
Squeeky
Spirit of the oceans

Next

Return to Shark's website