Spammers

You want to speak about the site or downright to participate in its realization? All the ideas and the notices are welcome …

Re: Spammers

Postby Sexychild68 » Mon, 10Jan18 00:18

i have no problem myself with people who have swimmed in the Lagoon for awhile to show off the games that they like(be them old or new)...i think that a "thumbs down" icon is a good idea, but the best and easiest one is just ignore the thread...
Sexychild68
legend of the South Seas

sex: Masculine

Postby brownie5960 » Tue, 10Jan19 08:22

pussoy has the same problem as well as you guys, the problems we have are simple, on some sites such as games of desire, geniuses take over to show their obvious intelligence, without he benefits of warnings, what i've done is put my two cents in, it's so stupid it's not worth mentioning what it is they post & repost
brownie5960
great white shark

Postby Squeeky » Tue, 10Jan19 10:18

For the record, at another site a certain spammer found access via login register but not to promote to the membership. He was trying to build up points for the "robots", "spiders", whatever, to find to give him marketing credibility!!

The Admin decided not to cancel the account but allow "privileged" persons to delete entries via his special mechanism.

On that instance the spammer registered and then posted via auto-computer linking.
Squeaky is clean, I'm just a tad messy!
Squeeky
Spirit of the oceans

Postby Tjommi » Tue, 10Feb23 18:03

Would it be possible to add a report button where you can complain about spammers/abusive behavior? Does the forum log ip's ? If so we could implement a system where you get banned if you get 2 complaints. Or if the moderators had the time they could send warnings in pm's for first time offenders and ban them if they did so again.
Tjommi
star of the reef

Postby Squeeky » Wed, 10Feb24 02:34

I see at the top right of comments on this page that there is a yellow triangle with "Warn Moderators" so we can make a submission through that link.

Arnulf at one time indicated that moderators are able to apply some blocks, he gave no details. I suggested that someone who was banned need only to relog under a new alias but he saidno, they could still apply the block; assume that wouid be based upon a computer's IP address, but that would seem to be difficult again spam was coming from, ega a University network with multiple IPs, and then some ISPs use "floating" IP addresses, as I understand, you have an IP for that session but it is unlikely to be the same on the next time round. Most likely however those of concern to us have a permanently assigned IP.
Squeaky is clean, I'm just a tad messy!
Squeeky
Spirit of the oceans

Postby Arnulf » Tue, 10Mar23 17:00

I think, it's sufficient to ban a member if he/she would make difficulties. Naturally it is possible to register again with a new identity, but then you have two options: first, your behaviour doesn't become better, then you could be banned again, if you are a new member or not, that makes no difference - or second: this time you act as a nice sharky and obey to the rules, then we do not have any obstacles to your new membership. [img]smile/indecis.gif[/img]
Arnulf
Master of the skies and the waves

Previous

Return to Shark's website