nice to meet you in lagoon

You want to speak about the site or downright to participate in its realization? All the ideas and the notices are welcome …

Re: nice to meet you in lagoon

Postby Jackadict » Sun, 10Jun13 21:17

DiTo a dit :
Moi aussi!!!!

Et bien comparons ! et proposons quelque chose à Shark.
A moins qu'il soit occupé par un autre sujet ?

Flo a peut être aussi son mot à dire...
Jackadict
star of the reef

sex: Masculine

Postby flo3some » Thu, 10Jun17 08:01

coucou, je viens de voir vos derniers échanges, je ne suis pas courageuse mais pas timide ni contre les aventures dangereuses Image . Cela dit vous avez plus d'imagination que moi qui suis débutante et j'espère que Shark est motivé pour me faire rêver. Je n'ai donc pas d'avis, je suis seulement une modèle curieuse de découvrir la suite.
Bisous
Flo
flo3some
Pilot fish

Postby Sexychild68 » Thu, 10Jun17 09:02

you know, if i had access to a better translator program i wouldn't mind all of the french...[img]smile/twixy.gif[/img] [img]smile/!icon_lol.gif[/img]
Sexychild68
legend of the South Seas

Postby petuchi10 » Thu, 10Jun17 10:30

Sexychild68: Here's how I get around this: go to www.freetranslation.com and change the language settings from French to English, then copy the French from the Lagoon and paste it into the French language box and hit "Translate". Works for me everytime!
petuchi10
great white shark

Postby Squeeky » Thu, 10Jun17 11:29

petuchi10 wrote : Sexychild68: Here's how I get around this: go to www.freetranslation.com and change the language settings from French to English, then copy the French from the Lagoon and paste it into the French language box and hit "Translate". Works for me everytime!

I have a feeling that Sexychild68 does make use of that one. He probably even uses http://www.google.com/language_tools?hl=EN. I have found that both can throw up results which I know from my High School Francais classes are not correct.
Squeaky is clean, I'm just a tad messy!
Squeeky
Spirit of the oceans

Postby Greebo » Thu, 10Jun17 13:46

As a first line translator for short text samples, I use a Firefox extension, Inline Translator (ver 0.6 I think). Highlight what you want to understand using the cursor and it automagically brings up a translation in the preset language of your choice. It automatically detects the language it's translating from, from a really big selection of possible languages, including Japanese and Russian even
“Anyone who believes what a cat tells him deserves all he gets.”
― Neil Gaiman
Greebo
Great Master of corals

Postby luke » Thu, 10Jun17 15:21

petuchi10 wrote : Sexychild68: Here's how I get around this: go to www.freetranslation.com and change the language settings from French to English, then copy the French from the Lagoon and paste it into the French language box and hit "Translate". Works for me everytime!

Squeeky wrote :
I have a feeling that Sexychild68 does make use of that one. He probably even uses http://www.google.com/language_tools?hl=EN. I have found that both can throw up results which I know from my High School Francais classes are not correct.

Just testing both of them : it really depend on the quality of the source text.

Example with the last post of flo.
Freetranslation result : "Cuckoo, I have just seen your last exchanges, I am not courageous but not shy or against the dangerous adventures. That says you have more imagination than me that am beginning and I hope than Shark is motivated to do me to dream. I do not have therefore any opinion, I am only a curious model to discover the continuation. Kisses Flo"
Google result : "hello, I just saw your last trade, I'm not brave but not shy or against dangerous adventures. However, you have more imagination than I who am a beginner and I hope that Shark is motivated to make me dream. I do not mind, I'm just curious to find a model result.
Kisses
Flo"
Not an expert in english language, but it seems that google has the best translation.
Except that both of them didn't give a comprehensive translation of the last sentence.
And it's just because it miss a coma in the french text! If i put it in the text : "Je n'ai donc pas d'avis, je suis seulement une modèle, curieuse de découvrir la suite.", the result become comprehensive, with both translators.
Freetranslation: "I do not have therefore any opinion, I am only a model, curious to discover the continuation."
Google: "I do not mind, I'm just a model, curious to discover more."
And with this only sentence, i think that freetranslation gives a better result.

Conclusion: if you want to understand french, learn it!
Que la Force de Shark soit avec toi / May the Shark Force be with you
luke

Postby Sexychild68 » Fri, 10Jun18 01:21

thanx for the love Luke...[img]smile/twixy.gif[/img][img]smile/!icon_lol.gif[/img][img]smile/!icon_lol.gif[/img][img]smile/!icon_lol.gif[/img]

@Greebo-it seems that i am having problems getting Inline Translator to work...any ideas???

nevermind...got it...thanx for the info Greebo...that is a nice lil program...
Sexychild68
legend of the South Seas

Postby Raelee » Sat, 10Jun19 01:44

Flo
Let me add my welcome to the others. I am always glad to see another gal swimming in the lagoon!
Raelee
Raelee
Princess of the islands

Postby Sexychild68 » Sat, 10Jun19 03:08

it is always great to see a new gal in the Lagoon...there are to little females in these waters...
Sexychild68
legend of the South Seas

Postby petuchi10 » Sat, 10Jun19 08:51

Luke: I love the conclusion you drew from my statements (I'm still laughing about it some time later!)I guess this shows my lack of education in that language. I'm half Latino, born in Texas and raised in Midwest USA, so I thought it more practical to be educated in Spanish rather than French or German. Oh well.

P.S. I don't think I've said it as of yet, but my welcome goes out to Flo. I hope you have an enjoyable experience here in the Lagoon.
petuchi10
great white shark

Postby Rikwar » Sat, 10Jun19 13:00

Luke that conclusion was a bit cold ;) comme tu sais Luke la langue française est une des plus difficile a maîtriser surtout au point de vue orthographe..
But do find the Google translation much better even though some errors which is bound to happen are somewhat inevitable !

Sorry for not welcoming you sooner Flo hope to see more of you Image
The greatest danger for most of us is not that our aim is too high and we miss it, but that it is too low and we reach it
Rikwar
Great Master of corals

Postby luke » Mon, 10Jun21 15:18

Rikwar wrote : Luke that conclusion was a bit cold ;) comme tu sais Luke la langue française est une des plus difficile a maîtriser surtout au point de vue orthographe..

Et de la grammaire ! Quoique la grammaire allemande n'a rien à nous envier
Que la Force de Shark soit avec toi / May the Shark Force be with you
luke

Previous

Return to Shark's website