Adobe killing Flash

A quiet place at the lagoon side for speaking about all and nothing (the financial crisis, sex, your country, sex, hobbies, or...sex)

Re: Adobe killing Flash

Postby PinkVendeta » Fri, 18Sep07 20:33

Joe.Pizza wrote:Looking at the back and forth on the thread, it looks like the old Hannah is back and feeling well again. :lol:

Sssshhhh, dont let them know this or they wont go easy on me anymore like they have been doing :( ;) [img]images/icones/icon12.gif[/img] [img]smile/eek.gif[/img] :D :lol:
I Am Not speaking From Experience - I Just Have A Vivid Imagination

Hannah
PinkVendeta
legend of the South Seas

sex: Female

Postby shark » Tue, 18Oct30 18:32

I started learning html5 / javascript. The coding of the actions is very different from Flash and I try, little by little, to find javascript codes which correspond to the usual actions of my games (click and move, double click, animation playback upside down...).
I still have a lot to discover, but I'm a motivated student [img]images/icones/icon10.gif[/img] , I feel like I'm back 15 years earlier, when I learned coding action script with flash ...
I don't think I will be able to transform all the old games, it's a titanic work. They will not be played online anymore if flash disappears from browsers at the end of 2019, but I think they will be still able to be downloaded and played offline by installing the flash player on your PCs.
I will try to build a mini game in html5 by the end of the year so that you help me by testing it...
shark
Site Admin

sex: Masculine

Postby ttant » Tue, 18Oct30 20:53

shark wrote:but I think they will be still able to be downloaded and played offline by installing the flash player on your PCs.

Everything lay on OS vendor. If one update of *insert OS name here* decide to break something used by the standalone flash version, the only way left for you is to use virtual machine.
So i agree, standalone version may still work 5 to 10 years after flash's web death, but more than that seems less probable.
ttant
star of the reef

Postby shark » Tue, 18Oct30 22:39

You're right. That's what apple does when it releases a new I-phone: an update that decreases the performance of older models.
shark
Site Admin

Postby tlaero » Wed, 18Oct31 15:53

Shark, I can help you with your javascript learnings if you'd like. Also, Adventure Creator already does a number of the things you want if you'd like to use it. If nothing else, you can look at how it does those things and use them as examples.

Tlaero
tlaero
Lady Tlaero, games and coding expert

Postby shark » Wed, 18Oct31 17:14

Thank you tlaero! For my learning, I use adobe animate cc. I will advance in the discovery of this software and I will come back to you after.
shark
Site Admin

Postby shark » Mon, 18Dec17 16:07

I started my learning of html5 / javascript. I'm trying to reconstruct a gameplay similar to my flash games (click, click and move, double click ...). The result of my first attempts is here:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4260
shark
Site Admin

Postby PinkVendeta » Wed, 18Dec19 15:51

shark wrote:I started my learning of html5 / javascript. I'm trying to reconstruct a gameplay similar to my flash games (click, click and move, double click ...). The result of my first attempts is here:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4260

Congrats Shark, cant wait to play your new HTML5 games when they are out.
I Am Not speaking From Experience - I Just Have A Vivid Imagination

Hannah
PinkVendeta
legend of the South Seas

Previous

Return to The beach