The Dating Sim as tool for political/Social Commentary

A quiet place at the lagoon side for speaking about all and nothing (the financial crisis, sex, your country, sex, hobbies, or...sex)

The Dating Sim as tool for political/Social Commentary

Postby LJames713 » Thu, 16Jul21 16:31

Last night, I'd been speaking with a friend of mine about a new sex scandal that has erupted over at an American Television News Network that is nothing more than the media communications mouthpiece of the American, Conservative Right Wing of The Republican Party (at least, in my opinion)...

Of course, I'm talking about Fox News Channel.

Fox News' Chief and Long-Time Conservative Strategist, Roger Ailes, is being removed from his post by Fox News' parent company, NewsCorp, as allegations of sexual impropriety have been levied against him by both Former Fox News On-Air personality, Gretchen Carlson and current host of "The Kelly Report", Megyn Kelly.

Now, this friend of mine had been talking and saying, "well, what took these women so long, to come forward?"

Of course, this is a constant refrain, in terms of sexual molestation, harassment and victimization (i.e. the recent outbreak of allegations against Bill Cosby, Rap Icon Afrika Bambataa, Charlie Sheen, you name them).

At any rate, I retorted: "well, the problem lies in the fact that Sexual predators--especially the more successful among them--are always looking for weaknesses and character traits that they can utilize to further their aim of finding victims that will not report their wrong-doing to the authorities..."

Now, those "weaknesses" can be multi-faceted and complex: everything from a person who wishes to simply allow for the conditions being set against them by a sexual predator, as they see it all as the "dues they have to pay" to further their career/get good grades in school, etc.

Another may be a woman who is being set upon by a man in power, with the clout to silence District Attorneys, Judges and Law Enforcement...while using the establishment to punish said woman.

Now, I'm thinking about creating a game, wherein the player has the choice of being the victim of said sort of activity (namely, two or three different women characters, each hailing from different fields or lifestyles--- an aspiring, runway model or a young, college graduate in a first job or a seasoned, older woman fighting to keep her head above water--- each vying to attain, maintain or realize financial or personal growth...and being stymied by a male power broker with an aim toward sleeping with them), or the player can be the "predator" (the three intimately connected with one of the women, with story lines allowing the predator to be engaged with two or ALL of the three women, depending upon some difficult-to-find choices in the story) OR the player can be a private investigator, Police Officer or Investigative Journalist seeking to solve a rash of sex crimes permeating the city that this is all taking place in, and uncovers one, two or all of the plot twists...

Of course, I work as a freelance writer, so the plot and dialogue are easy...but, I'm a novice in game creation, so this will take some time for me to meander through. However, if any of the more experienced game producers here wish to just run with that idea and get it done, please feel free to take a stab at it: I think it's a intriguing departure in this genre.

However, what has been done in this genre already along these lines, to create new dialogue and discussion points on "real-world" situations...?
Last edited by LJames713 on Fri, 16Jul22 03:01, edited 3 times in total.
LJames713
great white shark

sex: Masculine

Re: The Dating Sim as tool for political/Social Commentary

Postby muttdoggy » Thu, 16Jul21 21:57

Ask Tlaero about using the adventure creator tool over in the "workshop of creators" forum. Check out the "adventure creator" threads and it'll give you a tool to make your own game. I would say that it sounds like a good engine for the type of game you're looking into making. I saw your thread on the sexy pictures forum and I like what you have there. So if you combine your writing and your pictures with the adventure creator tool, you'd have a recipe for a game.
Edited..
I've come across the Selectacorp games and they are into taking advantage of the employees. It's not my cup of tea because the engine and execution doesn't really do it justice. You should do your own way and ask for input. You'll get lots of feedback here.
muttdoggy
lagoon predator

Postby LRM » Thu, 16Jul21 23:28

@ LJames713;
You have a PM. Please read it!
Got Wood?
LRM

Postby LJames713 » Fri, 16Jul22 04:39

muttdoggy wrote:Ask Tlaero about using the adventure creator tool over in the "workshop of creators" forum. Check out the "adventure creator" threads and it'll give you a tool to make your own game. I would say that it sounds like a good engine for the type of game you're looking into making. I saw your thread on the sexy pictures forum and I like what you have there. So if you combine your writing and your pictures with the adventure creator tool, you'd have a recipe for a game.
Edited..
I've come across the Selectacorp games and they are into taking advantage of the employees. It's not my cup of tea because the engine and execution doesn't really do it justice. You should do your own way and ask for input. You'll get lots of feedback here.

Thank you again, Muttdoggy: I'd found the Selectacorp games...I must admit: I've worked in Corporate (haven't virtually all of us?), and that is one environment I try to avoid, even in virtual reality. Albeit, it is an Intriguing--though all too depressing--concept.
LJames713
great white shark

Postby tlaero » Fri, 16Jul22 08:11

Hey LJames. Come down to the "Workshop of Creators" board and ask questions in the Adventure Creator Q&A thread. We'll be happy to help you.

Tlaero
tlaero
Lady Tlaero, games and coding expert

sex: Female

Return to The beach