Females only!

A quiet place at the lagoon side for speaking about all and nothing (the financial crisis, sex, your country, sex, hobbies, or...sex)

Re: Females only!

Postby fleet » Sun, 15Nov29 03:24

TheDee wrote:Simple question:

Why would a guy 'about 51 yo' bring a gift to a 21 yo girl a necklace as a gift, and on many occasions he keeps pointing out that she's 'Good but not my type' (Sarcastically of course).
*Relation is typically professional within work environment.
Appreciate your answer, details later.

Simple answer: He's hitting on her.
IMHO a gentleman should not give jewelry to a lady, unless they are already in a relationship. The lady should politely decline (unless she's seriously interested in him).
Other people's opinion may differ from mine. That's okay; it would be a dull world if everybody agreed about everything.
Check out my latest adult visual novel "After She Left"
at http://the-new-lagoon.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4363
I moderate at http://undertow.club
fleet
Great Master of corals

sex: Masculine

Postby Squeeky » Sun, 15Nov29 08:46

There are 3 thoughts in this which need to be addressed, and they seem, in some ways to offer conflict.
"Sarcastically", "professional" and "details later".

Let's address the latter first. There is something in TheDee's history, or one of her acquaintances which has brought this to bear.
"Sarcastically" throws my thoughts into chaos, but there is an obvious bearing.

"Professional"? Yes, the elder may be making a "hit" on the young girl, but, could it be that he is a supervisor who appreciates her work, she has made comments about some of her fancies, and for some workplace occassion he has decided to mark it with a small present ($20 paste)? Sarcastically? Don't know, I'm not writing this "script".
Squeaky is clean, I'm just a tad messy!
Squeeky
Spirit of the oceans

Postby TheDee » Sun, 15Nov29 18:57

By 'Sarcastically' i mean when he pays me a compliment, i just laugh & he smiles & that's it. We never stopped at any comment/Compliment & we never went further. Although sometimes he sounded really serious.

'Professional level' by which i mean that we never met each other away from our workplace, there's no possible place that could bring us both together except for a couple of times which were merely visits when we were sick, he came to my house to check on me, so i had to return the visit when he was sick & i only stayed there to clean up as he lives alone.

& by 'Details', yes i mean there are some stories in between, they're not significant but they could add up to something when told in a context... I don't know WHICH context to put those details/stories in :/ :/

Is that well explained? @Squeeky
"The Wild Can't Be Broken!"
TheDee
great white shark

sex: Female

Postby tlaero » Sun, 15Nov29 20:25

The situation seems really inappropriate. Unless the necklace was extremely inexpensive, or he was giving similarly priced gifts to all of his coworkers, it doesn't seem right for him to give it to you. He's saying that he wants to be in a relationship with you, but he's doing it the wrong way. I would find it incredibly awkward to have someone not in a relationship with me give me gifts. It would feel like he was trying to guilt me into doing stuff with him.

Also, work relationships are risky. What if you two went out on a few dates and you decided you weren't interested? The working relationship would certainly suffer. If it were bad enough, one of you might feel compelled to get a different position to not be around the other. That can put a lot of pressure on a relationship and cause you to do things you don't want to in order to keep your job.

Then there's the age difference. He's more than twice your age. While I'm sure that's great for him, it doesn't work out so well for you. Inappropriate across the board.

Tlaero
tlaero
Lady Tlaero, games and coding expert

Postby TheDee » Sun, 15Nov29 20:36

@tlaero
Well i heard this from several persons, that i cannot accept gifts from him, but really i felt like it's nothing, it was after one time i told him about a guy i like who's moving back to Canada, & i was depressed, long story short, one day he left it on my office while i was in the phone! I felt happy, yes, but was nothing except for a hug & we moved on..
TheDee
great white shark

Postby Greyelf » Sun, 15Nov29 23:09

TheDee wrote:@tlaero
Well i heard this from several persons, that i cannot accept gifts from him, but really i felt like it's nothing, it was after one time i told him about a guy i like who's moving back to Canada, & i was depressed, long story short, one day he left it on my office while i was in the phone! I felt happy, yes, but was nothing except for a hug & we moved on..

I am not a female so my perspective may be 'tainted'. lol

Do you consider him a friend? and is it possible that he may consider you one? (in any of the many shades that friends come in, from acquaintances to BFF)

I ask because I believe that it is not that uncommon for one friend to give a gift to another when they see that their friend is upset, or even when they see that their friend wants/needs something that they may not be able to obtain themselves. I once bought a semi-expensive dress for a female friend because I could see that she loved it and I knew it would make her very happy to wear it to an upcoming social event, we were not a couple and I had no plans to for us to become one (I did not like her in that way), I just saw a way to make my friend very happy.
Greyelf
star of the reef

Postby TheDee » Sun, 15Nov29 23:15

He's my boss @Greyelf
TheDee
great white shark

Postby Squeeky » Mon, 15Nov30 03:17

Oh, dear girl, I've done it again! I replied to a PM and find you've posted prior.

From what I know of this young lady, I did assume that this was in connection with her boss. And, yes I did concur with the general points of greyelf.
Squeaky is clean, I'm just a tad messy!
Squeeky
Spirit of the oceans

Postby Digital Fantasies » Tue, 15Dec15 01:43

Well though men seem to corner the market on this whole erotica scene....I think ladies should put out more female POV's. If done correctly.....men should like them too....or at least that's what I tell myself. I too am starting to create a visual novel from a females POV. Hopefully The Ultimate Sub can fall into this untapped realm of desires. It's naive for others to think women don't have active and healthy sex drives (and like men) might want a 'warm and fuzzy' moment to just look and enjoy a little slap and tickle from some fun gameplay and material. Guess we just have to show them we are not ALL quietly looking up at the ceiling thinking of shopping lists!

A little fun and flirty never hurt anyone....lol
Digital Fantasies
Pilot fish

Postby tlaero » Tue, 15Dec15 21:02

Welcome to the lagoon, Digital Fantasies. I look forward to playing your game. If you haven't worked out the technical details yet, stop by the "Projects" section of the lagoon and check out the Adventure Creator thread. That's the tool that I use to make my games, and we can definitely help you if you have questions.

Tlaero
tlaero

Postby Stormy » Fri, 15Dec18 22:47

[img]images/icones/icon15.gif[/img] thanks for opening a thread like this.
I never thought to visit a site like this, because I never heard of visual novels back then. suddenly in one day, I found visual novels in steam and thought to check, then found this forum. [img]images/icones/icon8.gif[/img]
I played few visual novels in here. like you said, most of the visual novels are made for men. so many horny girls ready to sleep with the protagonist in any time.
in some games, it's a bit hard. I guess they might want to make it more realistic, but It didn't convince me to rate them high.
I guess I didn't like most of the visual novels I played so far. I prefer a visual novel with a non-sexual story with some sexual scenes. if the whole game is all about sex, it is kind of boring. anyway, I plan to make a visual novel, I have all the tools ready in my PC. :D
but I don't have a good story. If someone can suggest me a good plot, I appreciate for that. I have many stories in my mind , but I am not happy with them.
I have a bit different view at making visual novels but without a good plot ,it's difficult to put that into action.
Stormy
great white shark

Postby Super » Fri, 15Dec25 19:32

Stormy wrote:[img]images/icones/icon15.gif[/img] thanks for opening a thread like this.
I never thought to visit a site like this, because I never heard of visual novels back then. suddenly in one day, I found visual novels in steam and thought to check, then found this forum. [img]images/icones/icon8.gif[/img]
I played few visual novels in here. like you said, most of the visual novels are made for men. so many horny girls ready to sleep with the protagonist in any time.
in some games, it's a bit hard. I guess they might want to make it more realistic, but It didn't convince me to rate them high.
I guess I didn't like most of the visual novels I played so far. I prefer a visual novel with a non-sexual story with some sexual scenes. if the whole game is all about sex, it is kind of boring. anyway, I plan to make a visual novel, I have all the tools ready in my PC. :D
but I don't have a good story. If someone can suggest me a good plot, I appreciate for that. I have many stories in my mind , but I am not happy with them.
I have a bit different view at making visual novels but without a good plot ,it's difficult to put that into action.

Well, what kind of plot would you be interested in? Why don't you share your basic ideas and we can worka t them a bit?
Super
legend of the South Seas

Postby Max_ » Sat, 15Dec26 00:20

Women POV sounds like a great idea.
Max_
sirens hunter

Postby Digital Fantasies » Sun, 16Jan24 03:46

tlaero wrote:Welcome to the lagoon, Digital Fantasies. I look forward to playing your game. If you haven't worked out the technical details yet, stop by the "Projects" section of the lagoon and check out the Adventure Creator thread. That's the tool that I use to make my games, and we can definitely help you if you have questions.

Tlaero

Thank you Tlaero. So far no questions...but will definitely check out the thread.....you never know if you have a problem until someone else does....and it's answered before you ever knew it could be a problem!
Digital Fantasies
Pilot fish

Postby tlaero » Sun, 16Jan24 04:04

Just FYI, we moved the Adventure Creator thread to the new "Creators workshop" forum. In case you go looking for it in projects and can't find it. (-:

Tlaero
tlaero

PreviousNext

Return to The beach