DigitalEro Have Been Stolen From Me

A quiet place at the lagoon side for speaking about all and nothing (the financial crisis, sex, your country, sex, hobbies, or...sex)

DigitalEro Have Been Stolen From Me

Postby Rastifan » Wed, 14Jun04 09:51

I am sorry to say that I have been perm banned from my own forum. And who do we have to thank for this? The back stabbing individual called Ganonmaster.
A person which I invited in to the forum, asked for help, gave all the keys to and trusted to run in good faith. This was a mistake. All my work since 2012 is gone,
stolen by Ganonmaster who has lied to me from the beginning. I realize now his only agenda was to take over DE that has the potential to make some income and he
made sure he will be the only one to profit from it. I know this because we talked about this on pm and he liked the idea. Then this happens.

What can I do? Nothing. He has moved the ownership without my knowledge. So I now longer have any right to it. I just want Ganonmaster to know he has stolen my and
Evil Ash's work right under my nose. Me and him started the first DE back in 2012. I was alone paying the bills. Ganonmaster broke my trust and heart.
I don't really know what to do or think any more. I am so down broken because of this. I invested so much in to DE. This was a serious blow.

Telling you this so you know you won't find me on DE anymore.

Hope this finds you in good health. Rast...
Rastifan
Spirit of the oceans

Re: DigitalEro Have Been Stolen From Me

Postby Greebo » Wed, 14Jun04 10:07

Oh, good God, Rasti, I'm at a loss to know what to say. It's easy in retrospect to say you should never hand over Admin access, but if he built up trust to the point of working admin deep with you I guess it's easy to make the mistake.

Did you not have secure backup, offline perhaps, or did he compromise that too?

You have my heartfelt sympathy, Greebo
Greebo
Great Master of corals

sex: Masculine

Postby Rastifan » Wed, 14Jun04 10:27

Greebo wrote:Oh, good God, Rasti, I'm at a loss to know what to say. It's easy in retrospect to say you should never hand over Admin access, but if he built up trust to the point of working admin deep with you I guess it's easy to make the mistake.

Did you not have secure backup, offline perhaps, or did he compromise that too?

You have my heartfelt sympathy, Greebo

Thanks Greebo. I got a backup, but I am not sure I got in in me to make another forum. In 2012 we started up on Lefora. After 10 months,
we was kicked because they changed the rules. No more adult materials. All lost. Then we started up on freeforum.xxx. They were bandits,
redirecting my members to a dating site. I gave up that as well. Then I decided to get a pay forum which was Lithium hosting. It worked out
great and the forum was exploding. After a while Ganon was taken in as admin because of his skills. But after I told him I got offers to
buy the DE domain, he did this. It is simply to much for me to start over again. I guess I got this place to post my hard core poses though ;)
Rastifan
Spirit of the oceans

Postby fleet » Wed, 14Jun04 21:09

Rastifan,
If he is using your artwork without your consent, that is a violation of international copyright law. You might want to contact a lawyer and see what your options are.

Very respectfully,
fleet
Check out my latest adult visual novel "After She Left"
at http://the-new-lagoon.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4363
I moderate at http://undertow.club
fleet
Great Master of corals

Postby Rastifan » Wed, 14Jun04 21:18

fleet wrote:Rastifan,
If he is using your artwork without your consent, that is a violation of international copyright law. You might want to contact a lawyer and see what your options are.

Very respectfully,
fleet

These things take time. The lawyers and the process around it. Right now I don't have the will to start anything. But people are telling him.
The thieving backstabbing son of a bitch made his Steam account private. People are furious. I guess thieves don't like answering for their actions.
Rastifan
Spirit of the oceans

Postby Rastifan » Sun, 14Jun08 01:56

Talked to a lawyer. Gave him the entire story of DE since early 2012. Here is what I can do. I was told he has committed a international crime. I though "can he really do this?" No he cannot.
All I have to do is report him to the proper authorities in Netherlands. I even got Lithium ready to confirm I bought the domain, the Ip and the SSL proving I was the owner long before he got involved.
There is no written agreement for him to take DE. I can also sue him for compensation, proving I paid for everything related to DE is no problem. I got every receipt for everything I ever paid for.
And Lithium will confirm it. Worse, he has my art work and releases there. Any penny he earns on the forum can be added to the lawsuit many times over.

This is theft of property as the lawyer said. It might take time, but as he cannot produce any legal document to DE, which is what the law with ask for (but I can), there is only one outcome of this.
The law does not give a fuck about any personal argument and in their eyes is no valid reason at all to take someones property. The lawyer told me there are international laws against stealing on
the net across countries. I can use them as grounds for pressing charges.

And I can report DE to his host and demand it taken down. The last thing they want is to get involved in a lawsuit. They are there to make money. Not loose it. I will be sure to tell them they will be
included if they allow DE to stay up. Hosting stolen property is a crime along the same lines as piracy. The lawyer recommended this. If he moves the forum, do the same to the new host.
If they don't react, they will when the first official legal letter is on their desk. They will buckle and cut Ganonmaster loose.

Another side effect to this is that they might confiscate all his gear as evidence. Ganonmaster did not think this through. Not at all. He relied on me to do nothing and give up. I almost did.

Thank you Norway for the right to free legal counseling.
Rastifan
Spirit of the oceans

Postby LRM » Sun, 14Jun08 06:40

WooHoo!
Added your ordeal to my hopes for good things. Please keep us informed.
Lou
Got Wood?
LRM

Postby Squeeky » Sun, 14Jun08 09:36

Like LRM, I am pleased for you that things should be as they should!
Squeaky is clean, I'm just a tad messy!
Squeeky
Spirit of the oceans

Postby fleet » Sun, 14Jun08 17:06

I am glad you contacted a lawyer. [img]images/icones/icon13.gif[/img]
Check out my latest adult visual novel "After She Left"
at http://the-new-lagoon.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4363
I moderate at http://undertow.club
fleet
Great Master of corals

Postby Rastifan » Sun, 14Jun08 17:19

Found the thief's whereabouts. State, street number, house and phone. This will be handed over to the authorities as soon as the paperwork starts.
Other parties lined up to find him. There are many angry people out there now [img]images/icones/icon15.gif[/img]
Rastifan
Spirit of the oceans

Postby tlaero » Sun, 14Jun08 17:21

This is a terrible situation, Rasti. )-: I hope it works out for you.

Tlaero
tlaero
Lady Tlaero, games and coding expert

sex: Female

Postby Mimailia » Sun, 14Jun08 19:02

He can steal your characters, but not your character. Nor can he steal your talent. I hope you nail him to the cross.

Good luck,

M
I can't figure out how to use the signature!
Mimailia
star of the reef

Postby Bonhomie » Mon, 14Jun09 12:51

I'm a very quiet casual member here Rastifan, but the Sexy Girls thread is an 'always visit' thread.

Go get the bastard and make him pay.
Bonhomie
Games Master

Postby Greebo » Tue, 14Jun10 10:25

Hopefully DigitalEro will soon be back in business "Under Old Management!"
Greebo
Great Master of corals

Postby Squeeky » Wed, 14Jun11 02:07

Greebo wrote:Hopefully DigitalEro will soon be back in business "Under Old Management!"

--- Reflection: Oh to turn back the clock on many multi-nationals! Return to "Old Management!"
Squeaky is clean, I'm just a tad messy!
Squeeky
Spirit of the oceans

Next

Return to The beach