Update Calendar

A quiet place at the lagoon side for speaking about all and nothing (the financial crisis, sex, your country, sex, hobbies, or...sex)

Update Calendar

Postby Squeeky » Thu, 12Jul19 01:25

While looking for something else I came across an interesting listing of when various programs/utilities were last updated, or least when "the calendar" knew of them. Each entry has a link to a source. While most are computer security related take the time to browse, you may find something else that you might need.
Squeaky is clean, I'm just a tad messy!
Squeeky
Spirit of the oceans

sex: Masculine

Re: Update Calendar

Postby Rikwar » Thu, 12Jul19 06:34

I was just checking up "the calendar" Squeeky found it good but a tad messy !
I much prefer Filehippo you get all the info about the updates and each are by there categories, much easier to navigate to what you actually need, in my opinion ;)
The greatest danger for most of us is not that our aim is too high and we miss it, but that it is too low and we reach it
Rikwar
Great Master of corals

Postby Squeeky » Thu, 12Jul19 07:32

Rikwar wrote:I was just checking up "the calendar" Squeeky found it good but a tad messy !
I much prefer Filehippo you get all the info about the updates and each are by there categories, much easier to navigate to what you actually need, in my opinion ;)

Thanks Rik, that has a broader range of applications too.
Squeaky is clean, I'm just a tad messy!
Squeeky
Spirit of the oceans

Postby Rikwar » Thu, 12Jul19 10:04

Your welcome Squeeky I've been downloading all my applications from there for quite a few years, downloads are fast and secure, handy when you need to replace everything after a new install of your O/S
The greatest danger for most of us is not that our aim is too high and we miss it, but that it is too low and we reach it
Rikwar
Great Master of corals

Postby Greebo » Thu, 12Jul19 10:13

Use Linux -- mature distros like Ubuntu maintain repositories with just about all the apps you could ever need if you can exist without M$ based software. You don't need antivirus or anti-malware software as things stand at present and Upgrade Manager keeps you up to date for all software upgrades. You can use Synaptic or something similar to search for suitable apps for just about anything.

My laptop had Win 7 installed by default -- I left it there, but I dual boot into Ubuntu and I reckon I must have booted into Windoze less than 1% of the time for things that need it. I also have an excellent Virtual Machine (VirtualBox) that I can use to run and contain any unruly OS like Windoze.
Greebo
Great Master of corals

Return to The beach