Game Ideas

A quiet place at the lagoon side for speaking about all and nothing (the financial crisis, sex, your country, sex, hobbies, or...sex)

Re: Game Ideas

Postby ExtraStiffy » Mon, 13Aug19 15:55

Could be my batch of games was from an earlier release, or I just misremembered how many were translated. EDIT: Yep - I was right. My batch of games was outdated. There are many in that pack now that weren't there when I last visited that page.

I don't care so much for the demon/devil/vampire ones, even though I've played all of them, all the way through. The portrayal of "family" members is just another fetish. Some people get off of milk enemas, or whipping, or bukkake, or furries, all of which I find repugnant. Different strokes for different folks.

In the end, these games are about interactions (conversations or, in some games, battle). Can you win the girl over (my usual choice in game direction)? Or can you push her into submission (not my cup of tea)? While the actual story line of some of these games are definitely not Shark's choice of direction, the over all direction the game can take may give Shark some interesting ideas.

That was essentially my intent back when I first replied. I vastly prefer the 3d graphic detail of Tlaero/Phreaky's and Chaotic's artwork, the animation of Shark's 3D modeling, but I liked the multiple story line possibilities of JSK games. Of course, I don't know the first thing about programming, so I couldn't begin to guess what an undertaking it would be to combine that level of detail, with full animations, and multiple plots.
Last edited by ExtraStiffy on Tue, 13Aug20 17:29, edited 1 time in total.
Don't sweat the petty things. And while you're at it... don't pet the sweaty things.
ExtraStiffy
great white shark

sex: Masculine

Postby Super » Mon, 13Aug19 19:46

Yeah, most Japanese hentai games focus too much on rape... Then again, a lot of games here seem to focus on infidelity which I don't like or find arousing so eh.

As for the guy who said he has no programming knowledge... Well, tlaero's adventure creator doesn't really need programming. But the 3D modeling would probably be the hardest part and I'd have no clue how to do that so eh
Super
legend of the South Seas

Postby tlaero » Tue, 13Aug20 03:59

I'd like to hear more about the multiple storyline possibilities in JSK games. What specifically do you like or want to see in, say, a dating game like CfK? I don't promise to take any suggestions to heart, but I do promise to listen to and at least think about them.

Tlaero
tlaero
Lady Tlaero, games and coding expert

sex: Female

Postby ExtraStiffy » Tue, 13Aug20 17:27

The prevailing theme(s) with JSK is that they generally fall into one of three categories: Some form of combat sim, schoolgirls, or thinly-veiled incest. That's the setting, if you will. (Like I said previously, the portrayal of "family" members is just another fetish. Some people get off on milk enemas, or whipping, or bukkake, or furries, all of which I find repugnant. Different strokes for different folks,), so the setting is only just a backdrop. Again, typically, there are four different endings (sometimes only three), and the questions asked/answered and the actions taken lead you to the various outcomes.
Typically, there is a Rape ending (dominant), a reverse rape ending (submissive), a love ending, and a "normal" ending. I think, in a nutshell, the difference in programming (which I've also already said I know nothing about) is that in your games, you set difficulty levels, and whether your rack up enough points during the game determines what final scene you get (based on mood, points, location, difficulty level). In JSK games, there is no skill setting, but you have to figure out the proper series of questions/answers and actions to arrive at the various endings.

To answer your other question, I'm going to refer instead to Christine, rather than CwK. PC starts out timid, but has to overcome his timidity to impress Christine, even though she's the dominant NPC for most of the game. I think you could have a dominant end where PC turns the tables on Christine (rape not necessary, although opens up some potentially interesting story branches). submissive end where Christine gets so frustrated with PC she just takes him (again, rape variant - in your setting, the PC just loses and has to start all over), love end where the PC's "energies" (actions) and Christine's actions/energies "feed" of one another into an expanding spiral of frenetic love/lust/one-upsmanship. The "normal" end would be.... I don't know... maybe similar to the "medium" setting on your games.

These are just my interpretations and suggestions. One thing I DO want to add though... because JSK is a Japanese designer, all the games start out in Moonspeak (kanji), and of course, have all been attacked by the JPM. it takes the diligent efforts of fans to translate to other languages and un-censor them. Not all of them have been. That's yet another thing I like about your (and Shark's and Chaotic's) work.
------
NOTE: As you can tell, I tend to be long-winded. Sorry in advance.
I don't really understand Shark's rules for posting links, but I'm going to take a chance and post one here: http://www.ulmf.org/bbs/showthread.php?t=7889. Currently, that thread there is over 100 pages long. You really only need to go about 6-10 pages in to get a feel for what it's about. The games are all available for download there on the first posting of the first page.

You'd have to ask the community at large, of course, but it seems to me, in my understanding of JSK games, that the "Daydream" sequence would be incorporated as one of the possible endings. It's great as a stand-alone, and I'm sure folks here like the short time span between games, rather than waiting for a year for one, long, multi-part game, but I think you get my gist.
Don't sweat the petty things. And while you're at it... don't pet the sweaty things.
ExtraStiffy
great white shark

Postby tlaero » Wed, 13Aug21 03:26

So, is it that you like there being 4 endings, or are you specifically looking for Rape, Anti-Rape, Love, and Normal?

Do you consider the two main paths through CfK (naughty and nice) to be two endings, or is that something different?

Tlaero
tlaero

Postby ExtraStiffy » Wed, 13Aug21 14:32

Okay... I changed my mind. Having just gotten through both versions (naughty and nice) on the hard setting, I would have to agree that your version is essentially what I was referring to. We just weren't on the same page, is all. My fault, not yours.

Just for grits and shins, I'll post what my original reply was, and you can read it, ignore it, file it away for future reference, what have you:

Keeping in mind that I'm just one voice out of however many here, it's not "those" particular choices, per se, that interest me. It's the option of different choices leading to different endings. In JSK, the PC is probably going to have a "happy ending" no matter what, it's just determining what form that ending will take.

Truth be told, I haven't played CwK enough times to give a fair assessment of the differences between the "naughty or nice" endings. From what I have played, it seems that if the PC starts down the naughty path that Keisha follows suit, likewise for the nice path. She's reactive to the PC. Wouldn't she have her own preset personality that the PC has to try to fit with?

If I absolutely HAD to list a gripe, it would be the "part 1, part 2, part 3" endings (or "2nd base, 3rd base, home run" to put it another way) dependent upon the difficulty level selected at the beginning, but again, that's just me. If it were just me, I'd opt for different scenarios based on the difficulty level with an eye towards what form the ending would take. Example: NPC would go to the park or the movies on an easy setting, dinner and/or bar on medium, night club/hotel or strip club on hard. Ending would be gentle sex on easy, passionate sex on medium, rough sex or threesome on hard. Different scenarios for the different difficulty levels (so that the player doesn't automatically go with what worked before), leading to different endings. Then again, maybe what I'm describing, you interpret as three different games.

See, I just had to catch up first.
ExtraStiffy
great white shark

Postby tlaero » Thu, 13Aug22 01:56

Thanks ExtraStiffy. I appreciate the time you're spending to give me your opinions.

Different developers will have differing opinions, but I have two immutables wrt this.

1) A good player should never be forced to play on easy. That is to say, there shouldn't be any real content that's in easy but isn't in hard. Difficulty levels are a way for new players to figure the game out and not need walkthroughs. They're not a way to add more branches.

2) Rape will never be a goal in my games. Consenting adults roleplaying forced sex, okay. I've done that multiple times. But actual forced sex? No way.

Now, multiple paths to different endings, that I like. It's just a ton of work.

Tlaero
tlaero

Postby ExtraStiffy » Thu, 13Aug22 03:58

No, I don't dig rape. I'm pretty low-key when it comes to my "kink". I like my models realistically natural: no silicone 48EEE melons that look like basketballs implanted in her chest. Actually, somewhere here on Shark's, Gandalf has some artwork - to me, that's the ideal. I like Christine, Keely, and Keisha, they still have enough athletic gracefulness to their lines. Chaotic's models of Lucy, Crystal, Rachel, Leilani are good, but I like Kelly most of all.

Keep up the good work! Can't wait for whatever is next (although... I will, of course).

One thing I have to amend about one of my earlier posts... When JSK Games are in their original Japanese version, which I of course can't read, one is allowed a certain amount of leeway in the scene/action. Once it gets translated into human English, games that I thought I liked no longer have any appeal to me. What a difference comprehension makes.
ExtraStiffy
great white shark

Postby tlaero » Thu, 13Aug22 05:37

Yeah, I understand that. Some of those stories get pretty weird. Sometimes it's better not to know...

Tlaero
tlaero

Postby gnac » Fri, 13Aug30 21:21

This is where I am coming out of the closet to really talk about the game I am rendering for.
Mattering how well I have learned to code will determine how interactive each part of the story line is.
Yes I am planning to write and render most of my games In this story line universe.
Don't expect my first game to come out until 2017. Because I am a caveman learning all the aspects of computer use as I ride my camel through the eye of a needle.(been using a computer for 10 years now so I have most of the basics I think. [img]images/icones/icon13.gif[/img]
The first game will be a sailor returning home after his 20 years service U.S. Navy. Whats left of his town after over thirty years of double digit inflation and the local economy collapse (the mine caved in) is abandoned buildings prostitutes a strip club (Bridie's heart stop the main industry), a hamburger restaurant (McTriggers), and hopefully the most outrageous bull dyke lesbian chief of police I can come up with.This game will have very little violence during play but as characters relate some of the stories pre history there will be some violence in those renders.
The first story line will introduce the player to the main characters and further describe the game universe.
Some of the characters so far are:
1 Hailey Guska age: 34, 5'6" chief of police (treats the player like hes a sharp object walking through her balloon collection). Daughter of previous chief of police.Even in a dirt poor backwater like this town chief Guska will not tolerate drug trafficking, domestic violence or garden variety stupidity. Hailey's Russian accent comes out only when she's crying.
2 Angel Mc Guffin age: 36, 5'9" deputy and hamburger flipper at (McTriggers) shes not an air head but always sees the silver lining "where there's life there's hope". Angel might qualify as bi curious shes not opposed to sex in a threesome or with a woman she just wont be another notch in Hailey's headboard. Meaning the player gets on Hailey's bad side when he gets caught with Angel.
3 Bopp/Barbera Cortez age:36,5'8" deputy and undercover (the towns welcome wench) walks her beat between the bus station and the nearby bus stop Triggers parking lot. Bopp supplements her income by actually being a prostitute.
The humor is she is Puerto rican with a medium Spanish accent constantly being asked for her green card. Puerto ricans dont have green cards they are Americans.
Some of the supporting characters are from the final years high school girls basketball team explaining why they are so tall. and leggy and athletic. the High school closed permanently the year of the mine cave in.
4 Dr Elizabeth Talaria/Dr. Beth age: 38, 6'0" the local medicine woman and the players girlfriend back in high school. African American.(The reason the player suddenly left for the navy 20 years ago was when he saved Beth from being raped he beat the unholy crap out of the rapists then left while Chief Guska senior covered for him). The rapists died before the lawsuit could be served (Hailey covering for her father).
5.Sarah Christa age: 38, 6'4" 19 years ago during a coed exhibition game Sarah was fouled by an opposing team player tearing her shirt, Sarah pushed the man, the man punched Sarah's face, Sarah punched back snapping his neck. Sarah has been banned from pro basketball and semi pro all her contracts dried up. Courts ruled it an accident in self defense and not guilty of malice no steroids found but Sarah's life is ruined she has slowly sunk to the level of stripper over the years.
To make a bottom line instead of write a book here there's about 31 characters total including the player. You will move on through the story line as you discover each reason why the people left living in this ghost town stay together as a community and yes the people are long lived and under attack by a small group of evil people trying to harvest their secret.
gnac
Pilot fish

Previous

Return to The beach