The warm waters of the Lagoon

A quiet place at the lagoon side for speaking about all and nothing (the financial crisis, sex, your country, sex, hobbies, or...sex)

Re: The warm waters of the Lagoon

Postby DiTo » Fri, 10Jun25 21:37

ole dog wrote : Well guess translators are not so grand after all [img]images/icones/icon12.gif[/img]
Original before Translating read
Any one who puts a coat over DiTo does the world an injustice, covering all that innocence. [img]images/icones/icon13.gif[/img] Image

Aaaaaaaaahhhh what a sweet thing to say.....

NOW LISTEN CAREFULLY SLICK, DON'T THINK YOU WILL GET ANYWHERE WITH THAT SMOOTHTALKING!!!
DiTo
legend of the South Seas

sex: Female

Postby Greebo » Fri, 10Jun25 23:02

Innocence? ROFLMAO![img]smile/!rofl.gif[/img][img]smile/!2214_EM2.gif[/img]

(Oops, sorry Duchess, I got a little carried away!) [img]images/icones/icon9.gif[/img]
“Anyone who believes what a cat tells him deserves all he gets.”
― Neil Gaiman
Greebo
Great Master of corals

sex: Masculine

Postby 60nowise » Sat, 10Jun26 00:33

hehehehehehehe [img]images/icones/icon10.gif[/img]
60nowise
star of the reef

Postby Sexychild68 » Sat, 10Jun26 01:38

DiTo innocent??? :sarcastic: [img]smile/!rofl.gif[/img] that is a rich one... [img]smile/mdr250.gif[/img]
Sexychild68
legend of the South Seas

Postby DiTo » Sat, 10Jun26 02:13

Puh... my partner sees me as her private Barbie doll!!
DiTo
legend of the South Seas

Postby Sexychild68 » Sat, 10Jun26 02:17

nothing wrong with that...curious, who ever said Barbie was innocent??? :D
Sexychild68
legend of the South Seas

Postby LRM » Sat, 10Jun26 02:19

Please give her a hug from me and tell her she is a fortunate Lass.
L
Got Wood?
LRM

Postby ole dog » Sat, 10Jun26 03:55

Well innocence [img]images/icones/icon12.gif[/img] may not have been the perfect [img]images/icones/icon18.gif[/img] [img]images/icones/icon6.gif[/img] word, but doesn’t she keep saying she wants no part [img]images/icones/icon6.gif[/img] of us sharkies so she must be innocent. SURLY no other thoughts could enter that gorgeous head.
As for Barbie, [img]images/icones/icon13.gif[/img] when I was recruiting on college campuses in the 70’s some of the Mattel reps had some Ken and Barbie dolls whose actions would make most of the Lagoon games be PG [img]images/icones/icon18.gif[/img] rated.

Oh well, innocent or Barbie, how could any one not love the Duchess in Second Life.
ole dog
sirens hunter

Postby LRM » Sat, 10Jun26 04:15

@ ole
Click the trash can to the right of the bad post. then follow the directions. Simple.
Please do not delete the last post without adding a new post; doing so negatively impacts forum performance.
L
It will say posts, it is only the current post.
Got Wood?
LRM

Postby ole dog » Sat, 10Jun26 05:20

Thanks L. Got it done.
ole dog
sirens hunter

Postby Squeeky » Mon, 10Jun28 15:31

Why any cat should challenge the darling D when she is up to ankles in 'goo' and being nibbled by eels I cannot imagine! But over there a certain feline seemed to be attempting to seduce pussy! Mon Dieu [img]images/icones/icon11.gif[/img]
Squeaky is clean, I'm just a tad messy!
Squeeky
Spirit of the oceans

Postby DiTo » Mon, 10Jun28 20:25

Ehm... I think this post belongs to you Squeeks:

Squeeky wrote :

Maybe we could recommend you to a herbalist to provide a potion for bud stimulation (or do we need to go the other way?). Image

As well as at least a thousand ways to drown a cat, there's enough ways to drown a waterrat....
Soooooo.... shall i get the bags or do you get them yourselves? Just walk right in, In time I will come to close them.

DiTo
legend of the South Seas

Postby Sexychild68 » Mon, 10Jul05 04:58

sexychild68 wrote: people just need to learn patience...in todays fast pace society, were people MUST have their stuff now, patience gets thrown by the wayside...
60nowise wrote: @ Sexychild: I agree with you! Nowadays i hear always "I must have..., I must get...", instead of "I would like to have..., I want to get...."! People have changed !
it would be nice to get away from the fast pace, me, me, me society that we live in...people forget that in order to make a society work that we have to work with EACH OTHER....independence is important, but the community is just as important if not more...we need to learn to slow down, take a breath and think things through...instead of rushing, grabbing and going off of pure instinct...we seem to have forgotten to look at the long view...it is the short view that rules and that is what screws everything up...

one of my favorite sayings is 'stop and smell the roses'...that holds so true even in today's fast pace society...
Sexychild68
legend of the South Seas

Postby Squeeky » Mon, 10Jul05 15:43

At about this stage of the discussion I left a comment to suggest the move to here.

Well done.

Yes, but what is that which creates that "glorious" hustle and bustle, that which creates the "madness" of societies?

What is the need? Is it pure survival? Is is ego? Is it greed? Is it ideology?
It certainly isn't satisfaction because whatever keeps generating toward some higher "satisfaction" level.

What is meditation? A release? A means to refocus? Relaxation? Some form of punishment?

Two weeks ago I had the practice fairway (golf) to myself, lovely cool winter morning. I concentrated well, nothing else in mind, felt I achieved but I suffered for several days after (sciatic nerve)! Then last week, with a bit of reluctance, I sojourned to the same space. Achievement not as good but well refreshed in mind.

Yes, we need the hum-drum of Society for our ultimate survival (well my share profits fund our weekly allowance) and afford us necessary comforts, but would I want to have been cast in the mould of a Kerry Packer, Bill Gates or [someone more related to your own culture/society]?

Unfortunately we seem to have those of our generation, and our children's, who have the greed mentality to capitalise upon their younger generation. Seems almost like cannibalism!

Did I get a bit carried away? If so, apologies, but I think many have such sentiments that we know cannot be changed!
Squeaky is clean, I'm just a tad messy!
Squeeky
Spirit of the oceans

Postby Teaser » Mon, 13Jul29 23:32

Squeeky wrote:Yes, but what is that which creates that "glorious" hustle and bustle, that which creates the "madness" of societies?

What is the need? Is it pure survival? Is is ego? Is it greed? Is it ideology?
It certainly isn't satisfaction because whatever keeps generating toward some higher "satisfaction" level.

What is meditation? A release? A means to refocus? Relaxation? Some form of punishment?

Two weeks ago I had the practice fairway (golf) to myself, lovely cool winter morning. I concentrated well, nothing else in mind, felt I achieved but I suffered for several days after (sciatic nerve)! Then last week, with a bit of reluctance, I sojourned to the same space. Achievement not as good but well refreshed in mind.

Yes, we need the hum-drum of Society for our ultimate survival (well my share profits fund our weekly allowance) and afford us necessary comforts, but would I want to have been cast in the mould of a Kerry Packer, Bill Gates or [someone more related to your own culture/society]?

Unfortunately we seem to have those of our generation, and our children's, who have the greed mentality to capitalise upon their younger generation. Seems almost like cannibalism!

Did I get a bit carried away? If so, apologies, but I think many have such sentiments that we know cannot be changed!

Just to drag this thread from the dust of the *ancient* times of 2010.

Personally I do not envy the Bill Gates personalities, I pity them.
Slowing down and enjoying what the world and our societies have to offer seems (to me) a much greater gift than a disposition for making money.

That's what I always admired and enjoyed about the French and Italian mindset.
The tendency to accept and even enhance the 'joi de vivre' and 'laissez-faire' attitude as well as the 'dolce vita' lifestyle which is just so much more relaxed.
The hustle and bustle of many people I have termed money-grubbers really gets me riled up. Money-grubbers in my definition do *whatever* it takes to make more money even when they already have more than enough. But what many of them fail to find out at all (or much too late) is that money won't buy you happiness.

Just a short example:
As a sport diver I had the privilege of diving with a good buddy of mine. None of our dives were ever hectic; we always enjoyed a slow pace. Once we were rewarded for this patient and slow advance when a 1.5 meter eel thick as a forearm swam through directly beneath us and lay down on the sand without being disturbed by us. We had a leisurely time examing a very shy creature directly, drifting very slowly less than 2 meters above it, keeping as still as possible.

Only 40-50 seconds later another diving group passed by closely behind us (this is a well known diving resort near Hamburg, that's why this lake is relatively crowded) and rushed past us, scaring away the eel. Strangely they didn't even seem to notice it.

We both turned around to see what had so obviously scared the eel, saw the other divers, looked at each, and both of us just shook our heads in disbelief.
After returning and surfacing near the beach of the dive resort we saw that same group of divers coming out and complaining that they didn't see anything interesting at all.
All of them wore and used absolutely top-notch diving equipment (the stuff you shell out at least two months of an average salary for).
Again my dive buddy and me looked at each, but this time we just burst out laughing.

Slow life does not mean getting less out of it; for me, it's just the opposite. Sitting on a beach and looking at the sun setting on the horizon is definitely no waste of time.

The cannibalism of the younger generation you referred to is so incredibly short sighted.
It leaves nothing to grow; talents and gifts are smothered and wasted; all that remains are scars. Patch them up before they become too deep, provide the younger generation with confidence in themselves and their talents.
I believe we still can get this boat called society back on course.
Teaser
great white shark

PreviousNext

Return to The beach