How I got my screenname...

A quiet place at the lagoon side for speaking about all and nothing (the financial crisis, sex, your country, sex, hobbies, or...sex)

Re: How I got my screenname...

Postby Craban » Thu, 09May28 00:54

Yes, I have an idea how to pronounce it. Although I may need some more time thinking about the bouncing ball ;-)

And while we're on it: The name I picked for this forum is an artificial name build from Krabat and raven. I picked that from a novel and shortly after I saw the movie. I really like stories with a mystical background and am into medieval style multi user role playing games. The leading C instead of the K is just because I think it looks better. If I had to I would pronounce it with open 'a' like in bar and emphasis on the first syllable.
Craban
star of the reef

sex: Masculine

Postby Javadog » Tue, 09Sep15 17:01

[font=Arial][/font]

Pretty straight forward... needed an internet name that was a bit different and not taken when I joined the online gaming world... and my dog Java was lying at my feet...

From then on I became known as Javadog... or Java amoungst my friends...
Javadog
Pilot fish

Postby clnkrazy » Wed, 09Oct21 03:10

My screen name is short for clean and crazy. I have been in recovery from drugs and alcohol for 13 yrs now and the name fits still crazy after all this time. LOL
clnkrazy
Pilot fish

Postby DiTo » Wed, 09Oct21 17:33

When I started photographing, I thought I had to have a name that was easy to pronounce (and since they are my initials...)
So it stays the same (at least in latin).
DiTo
legend of the South Seas

sex: Female

Postby Salamandastron » Fri, 09Dec04 22:50

It's an infectious song by old-school sounding heavy metallers, Colossus.It's also one book in the fantasy series, Redwall, which was the inspiration for the song.
Salamandastron
lagoon predator

Postby Son-of-Odin » Sat, 09Dec05 14:00

my name has more reasons:
1. i love manowar, especially the albums warriors of the world and Gods of war
2. my dart-team (Odins Söhne)
3. i love the celtic history with odin, his two ravens and two wolves, asgard, valhalla, and so on
Son-of-Odin
star of the reef

Postby Newdood » Sat, 09Dec12 14:27

I'd been "lurking" for a while, but when I registered, I wasn't thinking too calmly (I think I needed a clue in a game FAST)

At the time, I thought I was being clever - I was the new dude in the forum and the misspelling seemed cute.

It didn't occur to me (until it was too late to change) that I might be inspired to hang around long enough for the newness to wear off!

Now I've grown quite comfortable with it. It's just my "forum name" to the extent that I've used it when I had to register to respond on a few other forums/blogs.
When it comes to binary, there are 10 kinds of people - those who get and those who don't!
Newdood
star of the reef

Postby Xiao-kun » Tue, 09Dec22 02:55

When i shave my hair in 2007, my friend called xiaolin...
for the kun part...hmm... i guess it snap through my head when watching a japanese cartoon(anime for short)
Xiao-kun
sirens hunter

Postby DiTo » Tue, 09Dec22 03:07

Xiao-kun wrote : When i shave my hair in 2007, my friend called xiaolin...
for the kun part...hmm... i guess it snap through my head when watching a japanese cartoon(anime for short)

Got a photo dear?
DiTo
legend of the South Seas

Postby DiTo » Tue, 09Dec22 19:29

To all of the Sharkies.

It seems there's also a LordDito here on the forum. As most of you know, I'm a woman and therefor have nothing to do with this name.
The one and only
;D.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dito_delgado/2617376979/
The Private files 080628_07 by DiTo Delgado, on Flickr
DiTo
legend of the South Seas

Postby Xiao-kun » Wed, 09Dec23 23:01

DiTo wrote :
Got a photo dear?

nah...don't have camera that time...
Xiao-kun
sirens hunter

Postby Greebo » Wed, 10Jan13 03:25

I'm a fan of the writings of Terry Pratchett and I love the perverse nature of Greebo, not to mention his rampant sexuality.

Greebo is Nanny Ogg's tomcat, he is feared in the forests of Lancre by all animals, and he is the father of most of the cat population in the area. Flea bitten, with scars all over his face and his partially present ears he is a huge swaggering bully of a cat - renowned for once chasing a bear up a tree. He has one green eye and one which is milky white, he is intelligent for a cat but uses three catagories to define the things he sees 'rape,fight or eat'. This is the cat that Nanny Ogg refers to as 'Mr. Puss-puss' (or Mr Fluffy) and sees in her head as a cute little bundle of fluff - yet everyone else calls him 'gerroffyerbugger!!'

In Witches Abroad he was magically transformed into a human, and appears as a swashbuckling, dastardly buccaneer with an eye patch who emanates enough sexual energy to power a television. He can speak individual words with a drawn out accent, and he was also pleased to find that his cat's agility had transferred over to his human form - as well as a set of retractable, razor sharp claws on each hand.

Following the conclusion of Witches Abroad, Greebo still changes into human form when under stress etc, usually Nanny Ogg would hear a scream, then the naked Greebo would run into the room and ask for milk and fish heads.

Before becoming human, Greebo once swallowed a vampire in the form of a bat.

"The bat squirmed under his claw. It seemed to Greebo's small cat brain that it was trying to change its shape, and he wasn't having any of that from a mouse with wings on."

Vampires are resilient. They may have managed to rise (repeatedly) from the grave, to survive being sealed in a glass bottle in vapour form and then thrown into the sea, to be powdered to dust and restored by the merest drop of b-vord... but if this vampire manages to rise from the cat, the normal action of biology and digestion means this only is the start of its troubles...

Apart from having been about 6 foot 3 inches (190cm) tall in my prime I resemble Greebo in no way, in fact I am quite soft hearted. I must admit to being a little jealous of his sexual appeal and energy though.

(Acknowledgements to http://wiki.lspace.org/wiki/Greebo and Terry Pratchett)
“Anyone who believes what a cat tells him deserves all he gets.”
― Neil Gaiman
Greebo
Great Master of corals

Postby Sexychild68 » Mon, 10Jan18 00:22

i was wondering what LRM stood for...the first thing i thought of was Long Range Missle... :D
Sexychild68
legend of the South Seas

Postby Loup Garou » Sun, 10Jan31 09:30

Clnkrazy,

A few months late, but hey.. I hadn't taken a look at the thread for a while. Just thought I should congratulate you on your 13 years (or so...) of being clean... and a life time of being crazy. 8-) Keep up the good work.

Loup
Loup Garou
star of the reef

Postby sexygamedesigns » Wed, 10Jun30 17:06

I design sexy games for couples, hence my name.

R
sexygamedesigns
lagoon predator

PreviousNext

Return to The beach