New game format

These games are not complete and/or can be totally or partially reserved for paying members. Open a thread in this section is reserved for active members, read the rules before submit a game.

New game format

Postby christie262 » Fri, 18Dec07 18:37

Hi everyone, I used to post here but lost my password, that's why I have a different name. Anyway, I'm thinking of switching from Flash to a new format.

What do you think? Do you still prefer flash or is the EXE ok? The new format would give me more space to create larger, more complex games, more branching paths, as well as RPGish games. Here's one I started working on. Any feedback on the new format, greatly appreciated.

You can find the Windows/PC download here, but I can also make Mac and even mobile.

http://christiesroom.com/main/galleries ... index.html
christie262
Pilot fish

sex: Masculine

Re: New game format

Postby Greebo » Fri, 18Dec07 21:15

I use Linux -- how well does your software work with Wine, or do you have an alternative solution?
“Anyone who believes what a cat tells him deserves all he gets.”
― Neil Gaiman
Greebo
Great Master of corals

Postby MaxCarna » Fri, 18Dec07 23:12

Many flash creators migrated to HTML5, to maintain available through the internet on browsers, however the great majority of new creators are using Renpy.

I saw many users complaining about RPG Maker format, they started to get tired of it.

The exe format may have problems with antiviruses, which could possible reduce adoption from new users. but if you already have a good fan-base, this shouldn't be a problem.
MaxCarna
star of the reef

Postby JFR » Sat, 18Dec08 00:29

Norton Sonar keeps trying to delete the .exe for Unity games as a potential threat whenever I run a new one. I have to white list them each time.

[img]images/icones/icon12.gif[/img]
JFR
star of the reef

Postby PinkVendeta » Sat, 18Dec08 00:52

MaxCarna wrote:Many flash creators migrated to HTML5, to maintain available through the internet on browsers, however the great majority of new creators are using Renpy.

I saw many users complaining about RPG Maker format, they started to get tired of it.

The exe format may have problems with antiviruses, which could possible reduce adoption from new users. but if you already have a good fan-base, this shouldn't be a problem.

As Max has said above, HTML5 is nice for games, Renpy is a really nice platform for games also.

I personally never play any games made with RPG Maker, as it simply annoys me the 1980s graphics on the little dudes and dudettes running around, but in general as Max said, a lot of users got really tired of games made on RPG Maker also.

I tend to stay clear of exe games, always have done so.

The game Dev: Nenad Asanovic, who created the game: the adventures of Willy D, made it using: Visionaire studio, and frankly, the results are astounding, animation smooth and beautiful, artwork on guys and girls beautiful, general scene artwork beautiful, story line excellent, so Visionaire studio may be a good option for You to migrate over to, as the games from ChristiesRoom have always been beautiful, smooth animation, artwork on guys and girls beautiful, general scene artwork beautiful, story line very good, anyway, I think personally that Visionaire studio would take ChristiesRoom games to a whole other level entirely.
I Am Not speaking From Experience - I Just Have A Vivid Imagination

Hannah
PinkVendeta
legend of the South Seas

sex: Female

Postby christie262 » Sat, 18Dec08 01:21

That's what I used, Renpy.
christie262
Pilot fish

Postby PinkVendeta » Sat, 18Dec08 02:44

christie262 wrote:That's what I used, Renpy.

Have a look at: Visionaire Studio

https://www.visionaire-studio.net/?lang=en
I Am Not speaking From Experience - I Just Have A Vivid Imagination

Hannah
PinkVendeta
legend of the South Seas

sex: Female

Postby Greyelf » Sat, 18Dec08 21:07

christie262 wrote:That's what I used, Renpy.

Ren'py can generate executables for: Windows x86, Linux x86, Linux x86 64bit, and Macintosh x86 64bit. (there is also a PC output that 'works' on both Windows & Linux)

Ren'py can also generated an 'executable' that will work on Android, but not all Ren'py features are available in such a build. It can also generate an 'executable' for Apple's iOS, however is ability is still a Work In Progress and requires that you have access to an Apple based Development machine. (eg. a Mac)
Greyelf
star of the reef

Postby dale_m12 » Mon, 19Sep02 14:24

christie262 wrote:Hi everyone, I used to post here but lost my password, that's why I have a different name. Anyway, I'm thinking of switching from Flash to a new format.

What do you think? Do you still prefer flash or is the EXE ok? The new format would give me more space to create larger, more complex games, more branching paths, as well as RPGish games. Here's one I started working on. Any feedback on the new format, greatly appreciated.

You can find the Windows/PC download here, but I can also make Mac and even mobile.

http://christiesroom.com/main/galleries ... index.html

When it comes to making games you should use whatever engine you're most comfortable with, that way you can make the best possible game you can. In saying that, if the engine is something that is holding you back from realizing your end goal of the game I would switch. I'd try to find and engine that's similar with programming language to make the transition easier too.
dale_m12
Pilot fish

Return to Other sexy games