Viking's Daughter - 3D Adult Game *Free Update* 9/16

These games are not complete and/or can be totally or partially reserved for paying members. Open a thread in this section is reserved for active members, read the rules before submit a game.

Viking's Daughter - 3D Adult Game *Free Update* 9/16

Postby flyrenders » Sun, 17Sep03 10:45

Hey everyone,

We are working on a 3D adult RPG named Viking's Daughter and it all started a couple of months ago, when we saw there aren't many 3D adult games available. The Vikings age was always interesting to us, so this game is another opportunity for you and us to learn more about their culture and daily life while enjoying the quality NSFW scenes and develop a relationship with our characters.

Game Story
You, a smith's son visiting a village to deliver weapons meet the chief's beautiful daughter.
Explore the land, become a renowned warrior and find plenty of women to take to your bed along the way!

Viking's Daughter is an adult RPG with beautiful 3D graphics set in the time of the Vikings.

Download
Windows x64
Windows x32
The current size of the game is ~200mb and the game is optimized, so it can run on low end PCs or laptops.

Screenshots

Image
Image
Image
Image

We would also love to hear your questions or feedback!
Last edited by flyrenders on Sat, 17Sep16 21:52, edited 4 times in total.
User avatar
flyrenders
great white shark
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Sat, 17Aug12 21:35
sex: Masculine

Re: Viking's Daughter - 3D Adult Game

Postby Niauropsaka » Wed, 17Sep06 08:01

Just a first impression: I understand leaving your player character as minimally customised as possible, but a completely shaven head does not seem very Viking-like to me.
User avatar
Niauropsaka
lagoon predator
 
Posts: 144
Joined: Fri, 13Mar08 02:31
sex: Female

Re: Viking's Daughter - 3D Adult Game

Postby flyrenders » Wed, 17Sep06 10:07

Niauropsaka wrote:Just a first impression: I understand leaving your player character as minimally customised as possible, but a completely shaven head does not seem very Viking-like to me.


We are going to work on that. The first goal was to make the game first person view only, so the head was not visible at all, also keep in mind that the hair is the most toxic model for the performance, so we decided to get rid of it, but then a lot of people suggested a third person view during the sex scenes, so we decided to add that as well.
User avatar
flyrenders
great white shark
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Sat, 17Aug12 21:35
sex: Masculine

Re: Viking's Daughter - 3D Adult Game

Postby tlaero » Sun, 17Sep10 06:35

I gave this a try and played through the first sex scene. It's cool. An honest to goodness first person, free roaming erotic game. You've obviously done a ton of work on this, and it comes across well. This is a much better use of Unity than a number of the Unity erotic games I've seen so far.

A few suggestions:
1) Shift is run, but it's only left shift. Can you make right shift work too? I mouse with my left hand.
2) I suggest adding a setting to make the text appear immediately rather than typewriter effect out. I read much faster than it types and really dislike waiting for it.
3) I suggest making the map take up 1/4 or maybe even 1/8 of the screen and putting it in the corner. If it's going to be a live map, people are going to want to run with it on. Show the same amount of stuff, just make everything smaller.
4) I feel like you make people get unnaturally close to interact. I'm sure the distances are technically accurate for a real person's arm, but I think you should lengthen the distance anyway. It's a tradeoff between fun and realism. Make "fun" win. At the very least, let the person stand back a bit when talking to the woman. It's weird to be so up in her face.
5) During sex, it's weird that the camera moves to hit the conversation options. I don't have a solid suggestion on this though. Maybe it's enough to move the buttons to the middle of the screen instead of the bottom. Maybe add numbers to them to so that you can hit 1 on the keyboard to select one and 2 to select the other.
6) Since you're fully rendering the sex on the fly, it feels like we should be allowed to do more. At the very least, let the player "lean over" and see her a bit from the side when she's bent over the table.

It feels like you have the eventual option to do point and click to change animations and make the sex pretty interactive. That should be really cool.

Keep up the great work,
Tlaero
User avatar
tlaero
Lady Tlaero, games and coding expert
 
Posts: 1649
Joined: Thu, 09Jun04 23:00
sex: Female

Re: Viking's Daughter - 3D Adult Game

Postby flyrenders » Sun, 17Sep10 11:16

tlaero wrote:I gave this a try and played through the first sex scene. It's cool. An honest to goodness first person, free roaming erotic game. You've obviously done a ton of work on this, and it comes across well. This is a much better use of Unity than a number of the Unity erotic games I've seen so far.

A few suggestions:
1) Shift is run, but it's only left shift. Can you make right shift work too? I mouse with my left hand.
2) I suggest adding a setting to make the text appear immediately rather than typewriter effect out. I read much faster than it types and really dislike waiting for it.
3) I suggest making the map take up 1/4 or maybe even 1/8 of the screen and putting it in the corner. If it's going to be a live map, people are going to want to run with it on. Show the same amount of stuff, just make everything smaller.
4) I feel like you make people get unnaturally close to interact. I'm sure the distances are technically accurate for a real person's arm, but I think you should lengthen the distance anyway. It's a tradeoff between fun and realism. Make "fun" win. At the very least, let the person stand back a bit when talking to the woman. It's weird to be so up in her face.
5) During sex, it's weird that the camera moves to hit the conversation options. I don't have a solid suggestion on this though. Maybe it's enough to move the buttons to the middle of the screen instead of the bottom. Maybe add numbers to them to so that you can hit 1 on the keyboard to select one and 2 to select the other.
6) Since you're fully rendering the sex on the fly, it feels like we should be allowed to do more. At the very least, let the player "lean over" and see her a bit from the side when she's bent over the table.

It feels like you have the eventual option to do point and click to change animations and make the sex pretty interactive. That should be really cool.

Keep up the great work,
Tlaero



Hey, thanks for the awesome feedback!

1) Yes, this is possible and I am going to implement it today, so it will be available for the next update (October).
-Edit: Right shift was implemented for run and right control for crouch.
2) You can make the text appear immediately by clicking the left mouse button while she is "talking", this only works after she has typed at least 8 letters, so it won't be an instant skip (if you click without realizing it).
3) This is a very good suggestion, I kinda found myself constantly opening and closing the map while walking so I won't bump into something and it kinda feels like I don't know where Im going even if I am following the map.
4) We have actually set a distance so you can interact with her from a specific distance, or do you mean we should "push the player's view back" if he is too close to her?
5) Unfortunately, we haven't found a good solution to this, since the mouse cursor is unlocked in order to allow clicking on the buttons, the camera is still following. We can add numbers to each button though.
6) We are currently working on adding more details to the animations and allowing the player to do more stuff like spank,grab,squeeze etc.

Again, I really appreciate your detailed feedback!
User avatar
flyrenders
great white shark
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Sat, 17Aug12 21:35
sex: Masculine

Re: Viking's Daughter - 3D Adult Game

Postby tlaero » Sun, 17Sep10 18:25

I found the "click to not wait for the typewriter" but still think you should have an option to never see it. The typewriter effect doesn't really make sense anymore. I mean, it's literally replicating someone typing on a typewriter. The vast majority of your players have never used a typewriter before. I'll bet some of them don't even know what one is. And she's not typing on a typewriter. She's talking. If you want pauses for dramatic effect, add them at the specific points where you want them. For instance, where you currently have a "..." is a good place to put a short pause.

As for 4), I'm just saying make the set distance you can interact with her be longer than it currently is. This might be cultural. In some cultures you stand really close to the person you're talking to. In others you tend to stand farther back. I felt that we were standing too close. Also, it felt like I had to get too close to select things. I suspect that anywhere you currently say "get closer" you could just have it work to select it then.

Tlaero
User avatar
tlaero
Lady Tlaero, games and coding expert
 
Posts: 1649
Joined: Thu, 09Jun04 23:00
sex: Female

Re: Viking's Daughter - 3D Adult Game

Postby Super » Sun, 17Sep10 18:46

A very nice start, even if I personally found it too hard to find those chests (lol)

That, and even if it is porn I did feel she offered herself too readily, but that's just me I guess

What other gameplay are you thinking of? Combat or puzzles or fishing or what?
Super
legend of the South Seas
 
Posts: 534
Joined: Wed, 11Aug24 20:59
sex: Masculine

Re: Viking's Daughter - 3D Adult Game

Postby flyrenders » Sun, 17Sep10 19:57

tlaero wrote:I found the "click to not wait for the typewriter" but still think you should have an option to never see it. The typewriter effect doesn't really make sense anymore. I mean, it's literally replicating someone typing on a typewriter. The vast majority of your players have never used a typewriter before. I'll bet some of them don't even know what one is. And she's not typing on a typewriter. She's talking. If you want pauses for dramatic effect, add them at the specific points where you want them. For instance, where you currently have a "..." is a good place to put a short pause.

As for 4), I'm just saying make the set distance you can interact with her be longer than it currently is. This might be cultural. In some cultures you stand really close to the person you're talking to. In others you tend to stand farther back. I felt that we were standing too close. Also, it felt like I had to get too close to select things. I suspect that anywhere you currently say "get closer" you could just have it work to select it then.

Tlaero


We already have small pauses when she "types" ... Do you suggest to make her type complete words instead of just letters? I have played some of the adult games and I have seen that "typing" in almost all of them, do you know a game where the dialogues are done very well?
About 4) Thanks for that suggestion, we are going to increase the distance, because it really makes sense some people to want to interact from a bigger distance.
User avatar
flyrenders
great white shark
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Sat, 17Aug12 21:35
sex: Masculine

Re: Viking's Daughter - 3D Adult Game

Postby flyrenders » Sun, 17Sep10 19:59

Super wrote:A very nice start, even if I personally found it too hard to find those chests (lol)

That, and even if it is porn I did feel she offered herself too readily, but that's just me I guess

What other gameplay are you thinking of? Combat or puzzles or fishing or what?


Thanks for the comment!

We reworked our quest system (to be hones started from scratch) and decided to spawn these 3 chests at the beginning of the quest, currently they are being spawned one by one, so you have to find them in order 1>2>3, which may be a bit hard.

We are curently working on the combat, because we want the player to be able to hunt wild animals, but also fight against other Vikings in the future, capture their women slaves and so on. Also that will open the doors for more creative quests not only "Gather X items" and last but not least you can't call it a game about Vikings if there isn't any combat [img]images/icones/icon17.gif[/img]
User avatar
flyrenders
great white shark
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Sat, 17Aug12 21:35
sex: Masculine

Re: Viking's Daughter - 3D Adult Game

Postby Mortze » Sun, 17Sep10 20:04

I gave it a try and I was really surprised by the possibilities Unity provide. I am not aware of the technical skills needed to make a sandbox game like that. I don't even know how that works in terms of rendering. But the possibilities are very interesting.

It was fun I must say. It took me away from rendering stuff for Saving Chloe.

The typewriter issue wasn't really an issue for me. By clicking on the mouse button it showed all the text instead of it being typewritten.
I did find that the character ran a bit slowly. I would have expected him running a bit faster
unless when he was carrying the chests, or heavy stuff

I was also a bit disapointed that the view during sex didn't allowed to bend to the sides and take a view from another angle, namely to see her boobs moving.


I applaud the initiative.

On remark though, and you'll excuse me to be such nicky picky.
I am quite sure the vikings didn't have any interest for Renaissance or Baroque landscape art :)
User avatar
Mortze
legend of the South Seas
 
Posts: 560
Joined: Wed, 14Oct29 02:34
sex: Masculine

Re: Viking's Daughter - 3D Adult Game

Postby flyrenders » Sun, 17Sep10 20:09

Mortze wrote:I gave it a try and I was really surprised by the possibilities Unity provide. I am not aware of the technical skills needed to make a sandbox game like that. I don't even know how that works in terms of rendering. But the possibilities are very interesting.

It was fun I must say. It took me away from rendering stuff for Saving Chloe.

The typewriter issue wasn't really an issue for me. By clicking on the mouse button it showed all the text instead of it being typewritten.
I did find that the character ran a bit slowly. I would have expected him running a bit faster
unless when he was carrying the chests, or heavy stuff

I was also a bit disapointed that the view during sex didn't allowed to bend to the sides and take a view from another angle, namely to see her boobs moving.


I applaud the initiative.

On remark though, and you'll excuse me to be such nicky picky.
I am quite sure the vikings didn't have any interest for Renaissance or Baroque landscape art :)


Thanks for the comment.

Have you tried holding down shift while running? That will increase the character's speed a little bit.

About the views we currently offer a third persin view during the NSFW scenes (except the doggy scene), but that is a game add-on which is not in the free build [img]images/icones/icon11.gif[/img].In the future we may allow everyone to see the NSFW scenes from a third person perspective, but the feature is currently in a very early stage of development, since we only planned to support first-person view, but a lot of people suggested a third person view as well, so we just need more time testing it [img]images/icones/icon10.gif[/img].
User avatar
flyrenders
great white shark
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Sat, 17Aug12 21:35
sex: Masculine

Re: Viking's Daughter - 3D Adult Game

Postby Mortze » Sun, 17Sep10 20:31

flyrenders wrote:Have you tried holding down shift while running? That will increase the character's speed a little bit.

Yes. When I said running it was with the Shift pressed.

flyrenders wrote:About the views we currently offer a third persin view during the NSFW scenes (except the doggy scene), but that is a game add-on which is not in the free build .In the future we may allow everyone to see the NSFW scenes from a third person perspective, but the feature is currently in a very early stage of development, since we only planned to support first-person view, but a lot of people suggested a third person view as well, so we just need more time testing it .

Good to know. :)
User avatar
Mortze
legend of the South Seas
 
Posts: 560
Joined: Wed, 14Oct29 02:34
sex: Masculine

Re: Viking's Daughter - 3D Adult Game

Postby tlaero » Sun, 17Sep10 21:29

flyrenders wrote:We already have small pauses when she "types" ... Do you suggest to make her type complete words instead of just letters? I have played some of the adult games and I have seen that "typing" in almost all of them, do you know a game where the dialogues are done very well?


Whole words instead of letters would probably be better, but I suggest you just have a setting that disables the typewriter effect completely. If people like it, they can leave it on. If they don't they can turn it off.

As for games that don't use it. None of the various HTML games that I'm aware of do the typewriter dialog, and I didn't do it in any of the 8 games I've done (links to some of the recent ones on the first page of this thread: http://the-new-lagoon.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3960#p104273).

Tlaero
User avatar
tlaero
Lady Tlaero, games and coding expert
 
Posts: 1649
Joined: Thu, 09Jun04 23:00
sex: Female

Re: Viking's Daughter - 3D Adult Game

Postby JFR » Mon, 17Sep11 02:51

tlaero wrote:... As for games that don't use it. None of the various HTML games that I'm aware of do the typewriter dialog, and I didn't do it in any of the 8 games I've done (links to some of the recent ones on the first page of this thread: http://the-new-lagoon.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3960#p104273). ...

Tlaero and Mortze's games are pretty much industry standard. Another "big" game that doesn't use typewriter-style dialog is BEW. With all the dialog in those games, it would make game play almost impossibly tedious.
JFR
lagoon predator
 
Posts: 207
Joined: Tue, 16Feb16 06:59
sex: Masculine

Re: Viking's Daughter - 3D Adult Game

Postby fleet » Mon, 17Sep11 15:34

I'm not a 'big name' game maker, but I stopped using 'typewriter mode' in my visual novels.
Check out my latest adult visual novel "The Night He Met a Sidhe"
at http://the-new-lagoon.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4060&p=107663
fleet
legend of the South Seas
 
Posts: 897
Joined: Mon, 11May16 00:01
sex: Masculine

Next

Return to Other sexy games

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

eXTReMe Tracker