Viking's Daughter - 3D Adult Game *Free Build* 5/16

These games are not complete and/or can be totally or partially reserved for paying members. Open a thread in this section is reserved for active members, read the rules before submit a game.

Re: Viking's Daughter - 3D Adult Game *Free Update* 14/10

Postby iksanabot » Sun, 17Nov05 18:50

Hi FlyRenders,

I just tried this game and I think it's a great start. I like the animations and I like that you have the little interaction choices like spank and grab. It would be nice if the interaction choices could change your view a bit more, like both Tlaero and Mortze said - I too am fond of seeing boobs swing and jiggle when a woman is bent over... Also, it would be cool to offer these options as one-or-the-other choices, so that for example, you could choose between spanking her butt, or reaching under to cup her breast, and your choice effects how much she enjoys the sex. I guess that is a little ambitious for the current state of the game, but I mention it because I think the way you've implemented those little add-in choices has potential to be a really fun aspect of the game.

I also agree with Tlaero about the typewriter text. Sure, I can just click to get it all to appear at once, but then what happens is sometimes I click and it turns out there was just a tiny bit of text, so that my click ends up registering as a dialogue choice instead of as just a click to get the text to appear. That is kind of frustrating. What is it about making it appear all at once that annoyed you? I have to tell you, I really dislike having to wait for text to appear, and it seems I'm not the only one. I'm curious about how many people you could find that dislike having text appear all at once.

I hope I'm not coming off as critical - I think this game is going to be fantastic. I love interacting in the world in that world-of-warcraft style. And everything looks excellent and runs smoothly on my machine.

One final piece of constructive criticism - I wandered aimlessly for about 20 minutes to find the chests, and came close to giving up. I think you should narrow the area of where they can be found, and have the AI character give the player a more specific direction to go to find them. (Something like: "They are hidden in the forest about a one-minute run directly to the northeast" would work).

Anyway, congratulations on what you've accomplished so far, and best wishes for great success. I look forward to playing future updates.
iksanabot
iksanabot
star of the reef

sex: Masculine

Re: Viking's Daughter - 3D Adult Game *Free Update* 14/10

Postby flyrenders » Mon, 17Nov06 00:21

iksanabot wrote:Hi FlyRenders,

I just tried this game and I think it's a great start. I like the animations and I like that you have the little interaction choices like spank and grab. It would be nice if the interaction choices could change your view a bit more, like both Tlaero and Mortze said - I too am fond of seeing boobs swing and jiggle when a woman is bent over... Also, it would be cool to offer these options as one-or-the-other choices, so that for example, you could choose between spanking her butt, or reaching under to cup her breast, and your choice effects how much she enjoys the sex. I guess that is a little ambitious for the current state of the game, but I mention it because I think the way you've implemented those little add-in choices has potential to be a really fun aspect of the game.

I also agree with Tlaero about the typewriter text. Sure, I can just click to get it all to appear at once, but then what happens is sometimes I click and it turns out there was just a tiny bit of text, so that my click ends up registering as a dialogue choice instead of as just a click to get the text to appear. That is kind of frustrating. What is it about making it appear all at once that annoyed you? I have to tell you, I really dislike having to wait for text to appear, and it seems I'm not the only one. I'm curious about how many people you could find that dislike having text appear all at once.

I hope I'm not coming off as critical - I think this game is going to be fantastic. I love interacting in the world in that world-of-warcraft style. And everything looks excellent and runs smoothly on my machine.

One final piece of constructive criticism - I wandered aimlessly for about 20 minutes to find the chests, and came close to giving up. I think you should narrow the area of where they can be found, and have the AI character give the player a more specific direction to go to find them. (Something like: "They are hidden in the forest about a one-minute run directly to the northeast" would work).

Anyway, congratulations on what you've accomplished so far, and best wishes for great success. I look forward to playing future updates.
iksanabot

Hey, thanks for the awesome feedback!

We consider interactions during sex scenes to be a big part of our game, even if they are just a few in the current build, we try to come up with more ideas for interactions and the boob grab will be a thing, once we have a proper sex scenes, where the character would be able to reach her boobs without changing the camera's view, because it is really annoying for a first person game.

We could implement a feature in the settings to instantly write all of the text instead of type writing it, in build 1.4.0 someone suggested adding an option to increase the speed of the dialogues during sex scenes, so we did that and now you can wait 2 seconds between the dialogues instead of 8.

So things like that are considered optional and we will make sure to implement that, so it appeals to more people - you will be able to watch the text typing or you can disable that from the settings in the future.
flyrenders
great white shark

Re: Viking's Daughter - 3D Adult Game *Free Update* 18/11

Postby flyrenders » Sat, 17Nov18 18:18

Hey guys,

We are releasing the new version of Viking’s Daughter for free + the Quest Helper. The download links are in the main post.

Main Features

New Female Character - Hilde, the sister of Alvilda.
    New animation scene with Hilde in the hot springs.
    More SFW animations - run and turn left/right
    New discovery quest, that contains two tasks.
    Game performance optimization and better lighting.
    Better AI and navigation.
Changelog

flyrenders
great white shark

Postby Tao Dude » Sat, 17Nov18 20:34

Another game that has started well. looking forward to playing this update.
Tao Dude
lagoon predator

Postby flyrenders » Sat, 17Nov18 21:45

Tao Dude wrote:Another game that has started well. looking forward to playing this update.

Let me know what you think after you played the build. Your feedback will be useful too, because we work on lots of things that the community suggests [img]images/icones/icon10.gif[/img]
flyrenders
great white shark

Postby Craban » Sat, 17Nov18 22:44

Hi,

A special thanks for the Linux built. I really appreciate the unity3d engine being used for such a game.

One bug found: After the third NSFW scene (the riding on the hay ball after bringing back the berries) the player is teleported into a room without any chance to move or interact. Saving was not available as well so I could only quit the game. Just before that happened there were two chat options visible but too short to read and remember.
I hope you can spot the situation where I was when that occurred.

Keep it going!

Craban
Craban
star of the reef

Postby flyrenders » Sat, 17Nov18 23:33

Craban wrote:Hi,

A special thanks for the Linux built. I really appreciate the unity3d engine being used for such a game.

One bug found: After the third NSFW scene (the riding on the hay ball after bringing back the berries) the player is teleported into a room without any chance to move or interact. Saving was not available as well so I could only quit the game. Just before that happened there were two chat options visible but too short to read and remember.
I hope you can spot the situation where I was when that occurred.

Keep it going!

Craban

Thanks for reporting that, this bug was fixed right after the 1.4.0 backer release, so it won't be a problem in the future [img]images/icones/icon10.gif[/img] It happens if you click too fast after the dialogue is over, in rare cases the dialogue starts again, as I said we managed to fix this pretty quickly.
flyrenders
great white shark

Postby blevins29 » Sun, 17Nov19 05:21

I tried playing the new build with Hilde but she is nowhere to be found. I'm told she returned while I slept and I need to talk to her but I can't find her anywhere. I thought she would be in the village since I supposedly looked at her when I arrived. Do I have to start a new game and do all the quests again for her to appear?
blevins29
great white shark

Re: Viking's Daughter - 3D Adult Game

Postby Craban » Sun, 17Nov19 06:00

flyrenders wrote:
tlaero wrote:...
5) During sex, it's weird that the camera moves to hit the conversation options. I don't have a solid suggestion on this though. Maybe it's enough to move the buttons to the middle of the screen instead of the bottom. Maybe add numbers to them to so that you can hit 1 on the keyboard to select one and 2 to select the other.

5) Unfortunately, we haven't found a good solution to this, since the mouse cursor is unlocked in order to allow clicking on the buttons, the camera is still following. We can add numbers to each button though.

I guess you use the FPSController from the standard assets? As I was in a similar situation I copied the scripts and disabled the camera rotation update when the cursor is unlocked. For toggling the lock state I use the RMB (button#1).
Craban
star of the reef

Postby ut1stgear1 » Sun, 17Nov19 11:36

Enjoying this game and I think I've finished the new build. At this point I assume that it is just introducing us to Hilde. I was able to complete the new quest but there was no reward from Hilde. It was fun catching her though. Took a few tries to do it. Maybe I should take a different tack when I first talk to her. Don't think I've tried all the conversation options. Will try again tomorrow. Great story line and graphics. It would be nice if you could give us multiple save slots so we don't have to redo the whole game from the beginning though.
ut1stgear1
lagoon predator

Postby flyrenders » Sun, 17Nov19 12:23

blevins29 wrote:I tried playing the new build with Hilde but she is nowhere to be found. I'm told she returned while I slept and I need to talk to her but I can't find her anywhere. I thought she would be in the village since I supposedly looked at her when I arrived. Do I have to start a new game and do all the quests again for her to appear?

Unfortunately, sometimes the old saves don't work, because we keep adding more functionality to the game, that was not there before.
In v1.3.0 we didn't have a system that keeps track of the current day, on the other hand Hilde "expects" the current day to be 3 in order to show up. The current day is set to 3 when you finish the last dialogue from day2 (I believe that's Q and A or may be wrong), so it's very possible, if you have saved the progress after that Q and A (while playing v1.3) and then loaded that save (in v1.4), the game skips setting the current day to 3, so Hilde isn't in the village.

Craban wrote:I guess you use the FPSController from the standard assets? As I was in a similar situation I copied the scripts and disabled the camera rotation update when the cursor is unlocked. For toggling the lock state I use the RMB (button#1).

No, we code everything from scratch. You could click "Q" or "E" to select one of these options, there is a notification for that in the game. which a lot of people have missed, so we are going to add these controls in the button's text - (Q) -Make her beg- | (E) -Be gentle-
Last edited by flyrenders on Sun, 17Nov19 12:33, edited 1 time in total.
flyrenders
great white shark

Postby flyrenders » Sun, 17Nov19 12:28

ut1stgear1 wrote:Enjoying this game and I think I've finished the new build. At this point I assume that it is just introducing us to Hilde. I was able to complete the new quest but there was no reward from Hilde. It was fun catching her though. Took a few tries to do it. Maybe I should take a different tack when I first talk to her. Don't think I've tried all the conversation options. Will try again tomorrow. Great story line and graphics. It would be nice if you could give us multiple save slots so we don't have to redo the whole game from the beginning though.

Thanks for the feedback [img]images/icones/icon13.gif[/img] . We were thinking about adding multiple slots for saving, but at this point you can't do anything "wrong", so the dialogue options don't affect the state of the characters. In the future, we are going to make the characters react to whatever option you picked and remember your choices, that way, you can have a diffrent relationship with each girl. Replaying old saves on the new builds is sometimes impossible, if we introduce a new feature that saves data on your PC for example during day 1 and day 2, but you load a save from an old build where the day is 3, so you don't have the data from the new feature, it may break the whole gameplay (like someone mentioned above Hilde isn't showing up).
flyrenders
great white shark

Postby Tao Dude » Sun, 17Nov19 14:39

flyrenders wrote:We already have small pauses when she "types" ... Do you suggest to make her type complete words instead of just letters? I have played some of the adult games and I have seen that "typing" in almost all of them, do you know a game where the dialogues are done very well?
About 4) Thanks for that suggestion, we are going to increase the distance, because it really makes sense some people to want to interact from a bigger distance.

I'm with Tlaero on this one, i read [English at least] very fast, and find the default teleprinter style of showing text in many Unity games very distracting. It is OK in some films where it is giving location information along with a teleprinter sound, but it is a gimmick that tends to be overused.

I prefer games to show the entire text box in one hit, except where a pause is required for dramatic or game reasons.

I also think that having the player slightly less in Alvilda's face would be a bit more comfortable. The current view is almost at the distance where you would be moving in for a kiss rather than just talking.

One thing that might improve the point that Tlaero mentioned about having to get very close before interaction is allowed would be to introduce some sort of recognition by Alvilda as you approach from the front, as currently she does not notice the player until you click to interact. Obviously for approached outside her field of view, the player would need to grab her atttention.

I too have hit the freezing scene post NSFW 3 that Craban mentions, but was not aware of having clicked through at all let alone too quickly. now i know where it occurs, i will create a save a bit beforehand to see if i can pick one of the options that flashes up only briefly.
Tao Dude
lagoon predator

Postby flyrenders » Sun, 17Nov19 15:12

Tao Dude wrote:
flyrenders wrote:We already have small pauses when she "types" ... Do you suggest to make her type complete words instead of just letters? I have played some of the adult games and I have seen that "typing" in almost all of them, do you know a game where the dialogues are done very well?
About 4) Thanks for that suggestion, we are going to increase the distance, because it really makes sense some people to want to interact from a bigger distance.

I'm with Tlaero on this one, i read [English at least] very fast, and find the default teleprinter style of showing text in many Unity games very distracting. It is OK in some films where it is giving location information along with a teleprinter sound, but it is a gimmick that tends to be overused.

I prefer games to show the entire text box in one hit, except where a pause is required for dramatic or game reasons.

I also think that having the player slightly less in Alvilda's face would be a bit more comfortable. The current view is almost at the distance where you would be moving in for a kiss rather than just talking.

One thing that might improve the point that Tlaero mentioned about having to get very close before interaction is allowed would be to introduce some sort of recognition by Alvilda as you approach from the front, as currently she does not notice the player until you click to interact. Obviously for approached outside her field of view, the player would need to grab her atttention.

I too have hit the freezing scene post NSFW 3 that Craban mentions, but was not aware of having clicked through at all let alone too quickly. now i know where it occurs, i will create a save a bit beforehand to see if i can pick one of the options that flashes up only briefly.

We are going to add the option in the settings to skip the type-writing during the dialogues. We also increased the distance for interaction, but you can still get really close to her if you wish.

Did you see that freezing after the start of a sex scene or when you were teleported in a new location after talking with one of the girls?
flyrenders
great white shark

Postby Tao Dude » Sun, 17Nov19 23:44

flyrenders wrote:
Tao Dude wrote:I too have hit the freezing scene post NSFW 3 that Craban mentions, but was not aware of having clicked through at all let alone too quickly. now i know where it occurs, i will create a save a bit beforehand to see if i can pick one of the options that flashes up only briefly.

Did you see that freezing after the start of a sex scene or when you were teleported in a new location after talking with one of the girls?

Yes, but i was playing the public release, not the version that you said was fixed. I have just downloaded the $5 supporter's version, but have not had time to play it yet.
Tao Dude
lagoon predator

PreviousNext

Return to Other sexy games