LWT 2: Foreign Affairs

These games are not complete and/or can be totally or partially reserved for paying members. Open a thread in this section is reserved for active members, read the rules before submit a game.

Re: LWT 2: Foreign Affairs

Postby dauner » Thu, 16Nov03 14:43

Are they paying you to help with the stories? Because they definitely should :D

Not only did you catch every character perfectly, atleast in my opinion, the resulting stories for the expansion are neatly woven into the existing game and just make sense.
Especially for Tracy,. Let me guess, she is your favourite.
dauner
sirens hunter

sex: Masculine

Postby TheGreatJoeGargery » Fri, 16Nov04 00:50

dauner wrote:Are they paying you to help with the stories? Because they definitely should :D

Not only did you catch every character perfectly, atleast in my opinion, the resulting stories for the expansion are neatly woven into the existing game and just make sense.
Especially for Tracy,. Let me guess, she is your favourite.

Tracy is my absolute favorite. :D

I'd just be happy if some of my ideas, or variations of my ideas, made the next expansion of the game. Even with the ideas integrating them into the game would take significant effort which I am more than content to leave to others. If Iksanabot thinks any of my ideas are worthwhile he has my full permission to use them. They are basically fan fiction of his work anyway.
TheGreatJoeGargery
lagoon predator

Postby xsandman78 » Fri, 16Nov04 10:09

TheGreatJoeGargery wrote:
Ripe wrote:
TheGreatJoeGargery wrote:Off the top of my head I can think of the fact that Lisa is getting a degree in particle physics yet has trouble connecting her WiFi...

Not sure that's inconsistency... one of my friends is an engineer and he's great with theoretical work. But when it came to practical applications of his knowledge... I'm not sure I'd let him change a light-bulb out of fear he might electrocute himself.

This is true. What I am starting to realize is that if the popular suggestion of having individual affection meters for each girl is implemented in an expansion that the girl's personalities will have to be a little better defined.

I think if there's individual affection meters better new defined pathing and endings will be needed. Being funnelled towards threesome or bust only works in any way at all where there's a simplistic global Justin over Richard bar.
Tracy ending, Lisa ending, Lisa/Tracy ending at the least to my mind.
xsandman78
great white shark

Postby TheGreatJoeGargery » Fri, 16Nov04 13:29

xsandman78 wrote:
TheGreatJoeGargery wrote:
Ripe wrote:
TheGreatJoeGargery wrote:Off the top of my head I can think of the fact that Lisa is getting a degree in particle physics yet has trouble connecting her WiFi...

Not sure that's inconsistency... one of my friends is an engineer and he's great with theoretical work. But when it came to practical applications of his knowledge... I'm not sure I'd let him change a light-bulb out of fear he might electrocute himself.

This is true. What I am starting to realize is that if the popular suggestion of having individual affection meters for each girl is implemented in an expansion that the girl's personalities will have to be a little better defined.

I think if there's individual affection meters better new defined pathing and endings will be needed. Being funnelled towards threesome or bust only works in any way at all where there's a simplistic global Justin over Richard bar.
Tracy ending, Lisa ending, Lisa/Tracy ending at the least to my mind.

I think this would be a good idea even without implementing individual affection meters for the girls, but yes, it would be a requirement to have individual paths for the girls. It would make no sense building affection with Gabrielle for example if you only really have one or two sex scenes with her that are early in the game for example.

At the same time it seems like a good idea for us but for the game creators there are more practical concerns. From the sounds of things the released game had less content than iksanabot originally hoped as his new game mechanics made his game more labor intensive to create. He charges for the amount of work that he does and he tried to keep his costs to Leo somewhat consistent with his previous games, which means consistent with Living With Temptation 1 which had a lot of repeatable scenes and filler due to the statistic building mechanics. If he created a lot more content in the game then he would have to charge more, which would increase the cost of the game which would make it more of a financial risk for Leo as nobody was sure how these new mechanics would be received. More scenes also mean more development time which takes away from work on other games (which for all Leo knows could end up being equally or more successful than Living With Temptation).

At the same time it has become more accepted in this slice of the video games industry to release games in chunks and build towards a finished project. It's almost become a necessity to make games more complex than previous games to do it this way. Hopefully we can see multiple expansions for this game to build upon what is already there.
TheGreatJoeGargery
lagoon predator

Postby Comis » Sat, 16Nov05 08:46

TheGreatJoeGargery wrote:Over time I've always assigned personalities to the characters in both Living With Temptation games as I've played. I'm not sure how close I am to iksanabot's vision of what they should be but here are my interpretations.

Tracy:
I've always looked at Tracy as a character that likes to be in charge. She is a lawyer by profession so conflict and establishing control is how she would tend to solve problems.. She fights to get what she wants while compromising as little as possible. I've found that she directly controls the sexual relationship between her and Justin. When she wants sex her expectation is that Justin will give it to her immediately and "no" is not an option for Justin (or if it is an option in the game it should come with a serious points penalty), but when Justin wants sex it will depend on her mood at the time. She will also tend to give Justin choices, but when he picks wrong there will be a punishment (usually it is being left in an excited state). This was noted in the scene in the shower just before the group went to town when she has no problem leaving him in an excited state if he picks the wrong choice. She's effectively using a reward and punishment system and training Justin to think a certain way.

Justin usually must keep her in a good mood to have sex and she uses denial of sex as a control mechanism to make sure Justin keeps making her happy. She seems to get her sexual excitement from taking risks and thrives off of the adrenaline rather than engaging in a specific sexual scenario. In fact, adrenaline is almost like a drug addiction to her. When she is getting her adrenaline fix she often will snap at Justin if he interferes, such as at the end of the first game when he refused to go get her dildo when being watched by Derek and in this game when he tries to be cautious around the stable full of men during the gangbang. She also takes the initiative to find the sex club after the voyeur scene in Vegas in the first game. This could put Justin in a situation where Tracy wants to do something sexually exciting to her and he knows that saying no comes with a penalty. This is especially true of swinger Tracy who has less sexual inhibitions. Swinger Tracy may also try to keep strict control over Justin, often preferring that when they swing that Justin is observing her instead of off on his own doing his own thing with someone else.

Justin is really a beta male that likes to think of himself as an alpha. For Justin, Tracy is the girl that an alpha male would have. She is gorgeous and has a strong personality. Tracy may even build up Justin as an alpha in public as well, as I feel she does really love him. Justin is attentive and usually a generally good person, he's just doesn't believe that these are valuable traits or traits that could land him a woman like Tracy. Like most couples the reality at home is different than the reality that they project to the world and Justin likes to present a facade that he can handle a girl like Tracy. He really can't and Tracy is really the one in charge of the relationship in private.

Tracy will defiantly cheat on Justin as punishment if he displeases her enough. For Richard it would not be enough to just fuck Justin's girl. To really humiliate Justin he would show Justin who the real alpha male is by getting Tracy to be submissive to him, something Justin only wishes he could do. He could recognize Tracy's desire for risk taking and play off of that. What makes Richard a dangerous opponent for Justin would be his ability to instantly see past the illusion that people create for themselves and know what they really are and what they really want. He knows Justin is a beta male who desperately wants to be an alpha. He knows Tracy has a desire for taking risks. If he can drive a wedge in between Justin and Tracy by setting up Justin in scenarios where if he does the wrong thing he looks bad while playing off of Tracy's risk taking he could engineer a situation where he could get what he wants.

An example of this is if they are swimming at the beach and Richard suggests they jump off of a high ledge into the water (a risky situation that Tracy would find exhilarating). Antoinette and Lisa may not like that idea and their approval may fall if Justin agrees. Tracy's approval would fall if he refuses (if he decided to go climbing with Lisa instead Richard still convinces Tracy to go jumping off the ledge with him he may be able to see Tracy and Richard horsing around on the lower ledge while he fucks Lisa, possibly with a hidden clickable area on the screen). If he agrees to jump they could go to the ledge and Richard could taunt Justin into jumping first. Again, if he refuses then he could lose affection with Tracy, if he does, then after he jumps neither Richard or Lisa jump for a while. Richard could try to make the trek back up the hill (probably about a 10 minute hike and they would have already jumped by the time he gets to the top) or wait for them. Richard then explains that Lisa was feeling afraid so he had to build up her confidence to jump, and that is why the jump took so long. This may seem like a no win situation for Justin but there could be a way to win points back later in the game. I also like the idea where you may have to lose points in one scene to set up a later scene where you can gain a lot of points. It would help building tension using game mechanics this way.

I also have a short scene in my head where Richard has a two seat sports car and Tracy wants to go for a ride in it. Richard offers to give her a ride and this leaves Justin behind, possibly making him feel jealous and giving Richard alone time with Tracy. Tracy could also start talking about how exciting hanging out with Richard is which could cause tension if Justin starts to pick at his bad points.

For the purposes of the story Tracy is a character who will act contrary to her personality in situations where she can get her excitement fix. This means scenes with her can escalate out of control of what was initially intended quickly, which may be bad news for Justin but good news for the player and the resulting sex scenes they get.

For the most part, I agree with you assessment of the various characters. I do have a few addendum to add, though. For the record, Tracy is my favorite character, and I have played the original game not cheating on Tracy more often than cheating on her. Usually, the relationship with Lisa builds until Justin sees her give Derek a blowjob, at which point they acknowledge their attraction be agree not to act on it. As strange as it may sound, but that’s my personal canon for the game, and I love the fact that it felt just as rewarding as the cheating route.

Tracy:
I do think your assessment of Tracy and Justin’s relationship is pretty close, especially on the swinger route, but you’re not taking into account that the player is Justin, and therefore Justin is somewhat subject to change. I remember the first time I played the expansion to the first game. I decided to play it completely devoted. I did not cheat with Lisa, and I went to the swinger club because I wanted to help Tracy fulfill her fantasies. I ignored the one woman who offered to suck you at the beginning and just focused on Tracy. Then she accused me of cheating and told me that if I didn’t eat out her cream pie, she’d divorce me and take Charlie. At first, I was angry because she accused me of cheating when I hadn’t and I refused, getting divorced. Later, to see what would happen, I agreed and ended up being Tracy’s bitch. Still later, though, I decided the ending was appropriate. If Justin acts liked a whipped pussy the entire game, he deserves to be treated as such. The best ending, in the club, is when you do not acquiesce to Tracy’s demands and say that you already promised the good doctor a good fucking. Tracy, on the swinger route, may see Justin as a beta, but if he ever fully becomes one, she’ll quickly demote him to an omega. He has to stand up to her on occasion, or she’ll lose all respect for him. Tracy is assertive and controlling. Justin has to walk a fine line between pleasing her and boring her. While Tracy enjoys controlling Justin, she still likes him to surprise her and assert himself, at least within certain parameters.

It’s a bit different on the non-swinger route, and I almost feel there would be two different Tracys in the sequel depending on that choice. If Justin chose not to go to the swinger club, he is even more assertive. He basically decided that he didn’t want to share his wife and his desires in the matter were more important than his wife’s, and she accepted it. While I wouldn’t say Justin is the alpha in that route, it is more of an equal partnership, or, at the very least, while she may be the boss, he retains certain veto powers. Ultimately, if the player choses the swinger ending in the first game, Tracy will be more open, more demanding, and more of a thrill seeker. It might make some things easier, such as any form or group sex, but it would also vastly increase the risk of Tracy being seduced by Richard.

Edit: One other thing did occur to me. During the confession scene, Tracy comments that she doesn't mind Justin being with other women if she's present or at least knows about it. You also mentioned that Tracy wants to build Justin up as an alpha in public. So, I disagree with the belief that Tracy would want Justin focused on her during the swinging. In public, she wants Justin to appear an alpha. If that means he's busy with a girl elsewhere, that's fine. So that's another dynamic. In a public contest between Justin and Richard, Tracy would want Justin to assert himself, and he would lose points if he fails.

TheGreatJoeGargery wrote: Lisa
In the first game I always thought that Lisa's appeal to Justin was that she was easier to influence than Tracy and he could have some measure of influence over her. I've also thought that this control only exists in Justin's head as Lisa tends to subtly lead Justin down a path to get what she wants, in contrast to Tracy just flatly saying what she wants and that's that. Lisa likes teasing Justin and makes a game out of having him want her. She's smart but knows that being smart can be a turn off to men so she plays dumb and at times she plays helpless to get the attention of "white knights" who want to rescue her. However I think she's been observing Tracy and learning new techniques for which she can use Justin as a guinea pig. To be honest I think she may have a bit of a girl crush on Tracy as a strong woman she would like to be. Tracy (especially swinger Tracy) would see the benefit of having some measure of control over Lisa as this is also control over Justin (she would then control not only sex from her but have influence over the sex he receives from Lisa as well). This could be the set up for the threesome at the end of the game, where Tracy is seducing Lisa throughout the game and clues are left (there could be hidden clickable items strewn about the game, like if you are in Lisa's room you could click and find a pair of Tracy's panties under the bed for example). If Justin has figured out the clues then he can initiate the threesome or if he has a really high score then Tracy could initiate the threesome without the clues being discovered.

Lisa and Gabrielle are also a combination in the game that could be explored. I think the sex shop scene in town is a bit of foreshadowing. Depending on score Justin could end up being the recipient or in control of that whip. I'm sure there could also be some bondage involved as well. Lisa now has a partner in crime as well to get Justin to watch her. I'm imaging a bondage scene with Justin tied to the bed while Lisa and Gabrielle make out, which could end in Justin being blindfolded just as the show was about to get really good. There could be a dark screen with the sex noises playing for the rest of the scene as a tease to the player, with the scene putting the player on track for an even bigger payoff down the line. Also as we've seen with Lisa's birth control pills Gabrielle is not fully on anyone's side but her own. There could be a situation where she has both Justin and Lisa in bondage and then proceeds to have her way with them while they're helpless.

In regards to Richard, Lisa doesn't have a huge exploitable weakness like Tracy. I've always thought that Richards best chance of seducing Lisa is to give them a common interest that they talk about. One potential scene I can think of is that Richard tries to convince Lisa (and perhaps both Lisa and Tracy) to do a shoot with one of Richard's friends who is a famous fashion photographer, which would result in a trip to his studio. There could also be a scene where he coerces Antoinette to do it as well as it is another way to show off Antoinette to Richard. The photographer could also get a little too hands on placing Lisa and Tracy into modeling poses which could set a trap for Justin if he decides to say something about it.

Lisa:
While I almost completely agree about Lisa, I do disagree on one point. While I do think that Lisa respects and admires Tracy, I don’t think she wants to be like her. Tracy is a controller; Lisa is a manipulator. I think Lisa knows herself fairly well and is comfortable with who she is. She doesn’t want to change. From that, I think any threesome between Tracy, Lisa and Justin would ultimately be Lisa’s doing. No matter whether Justin cheated with Lisa or not in the first game, she is coming back with the intention of seducing Justin; otherwise she wouldn’t put herself in that situation again. If Justin did not cheat in the first game, she probably came to the conclusion that Justin is too devoted to his wife, and the best way to seduce him is to seduce her too. Since Lisa respects, admires, and thinks Tracy is hot, this isn’t so much an obstacle as a bonus. If Justin did cheat in the first game, Lisa potentially feels guilty for betraying Tracy and has rationalized that if she can get Tracy involved too, that would make everything okay. There is a hint of this when the threesome does start and Lisa winks at Justin, making him wonder if that was her plan all along. Now, Tracy is controlling, so I think Lisa basically has to manipulate Tracy into believing that the threesome was Tracy’s idea in the first place, especially if Justin did not share Tracy in the first game. The threesome would probably be easier on the swinger’s route, but, as mentioned earlier, there are more chances for a bad ending that route as well.
Comis
sirens hunter

Postby TheGreatJoeGargery » Sat, 16Nov05 17:44

Comis wrote:
TheGreatJoeGargery wrote:Over time I've always assigned personalities to the characters in both Living With Temptation games as I've played. I'm not sure how close I am to iksanabot's vision of what they should be but here are my interpretations.

Tracy:
I've always looked at Tracy as a character that likes to be in charge. She is a lawyer by profession so conflict and establishing control is how she would tend to solve problems.. She fights to get what she wants while compromising as little as possible. I've found that she directly controls the sexual relationship between her and Justin. When she wants sex her expectation is that Justin will give it to her immediately and "no" is not an option for Justin (or if it is an option in the game it should come with a serious points penalty), but when Justin wants sex it will depend on her mood at the time. She will also tend to give Justin choices, but when he picks wrong there will be a punishment (usually it is being left in an excited state). This was noted in the scene in the shower just before the group went to town when she has no problem leaving him in an excited state if he picks the wrong choice. She's effectively using a reward and punishment system and training Justin to think a certain way.

Justin usually must keep her in a good mood to have sex and she uses denial of sex as a control mechanism to make sure Justin keeps making her happy. She seems to get her sexual excitement from taking risks and thrives off of the adrenaline rather than engaging in a specific sexual scenario. In fact, adrenaline is almost like a drug addiction to her. When she is getting her adrenaline fix she often will snap at Justin if he interferes, such as at the end of the first game when he refused to go get her dildo when being watched by Derek and in this game when he tries to be cautious around the stable full of men during the gangbang. She also takes the initiative to find the sex club after the voyeur scene in Vegas in the first game. This could put Justin in a situation where Tracy wants to do something sexually exciting to her and he knows that saying no comes with a penalty. This is especially true of swinger Tracy who has less sexual inhibitions. Swinger Tracy may also try to keep strict control over Justin, often preferring that when they swing that Justin is observing her instead of off on his own doing his own thing with someone else.

Justin is really a beta male that likes to think of himself as an alpha. For Justin, Tracy is the girl that an alpha male would have. She is gorgeous and has a strong personality. Tracy may even build up Justin as an alpha in public as well, as I feel she does really love him. Justin is attentive and usually a generally good person, he's just doesn't believe that these are valuable traits or traits that could land him a woman like Tracy. Like most couples the reality at home is different than the reality that they project to the world and Justin likes to present a facade that he can handle a girl like Tracy. He really can't and Tracy is really the one in charge of the relationship in private.

Tracy will defiantly cheat on Justin as punishment if he displeases her enough. For Richard it would not be enough to just fuck Justin's girl. To really humiliate Justin he would show Justin who the real alpha male is by getting Tracy to be submissive to him, something Justin only wishes he could do. He could recognize Tracy's desire for risk taking and play off of that. What makes Richard a dangerous opponent for Justin would be his ability to instantly see past the illusion that people create for themselves and know what they really are and what they really want. He knows Justin is a beta male who desperately wants to be an alpha. He knows Tracy has a desire for taking risks. If he can drive a wedge in between Justin and Tracy by setting up Justin in scenarios where if he does the wrong thing he looks bad while playing off of Tracy's risk taking he could engineer a situation where he could get what he wants.

An example of this is if they are swimming at the beach and Richard suggests they jump off of a high ledge into the water (a risky situation that Tracy would find exhilarating). Antoinette and Lisa may not like that idea and their approval may fall if Justin agrees. Tracy's approval would fall if he refuses (if he decided to go climbing with Lisa instead Richard still convinces Tracy to go jumping off the ledge with him he may be able to see Tracy and Richard horsing around on the lower ledge while he fucks Lisa, possibly with a hidden clickable area on the screen). If he agrees to jump they could go to the ledge and Richard could taunt Justin into jumping first. Again, if he refuses then he could lose affection with Tracy, if he does, then after he jumps neither Richard or Lisa jump for a while. Richard could try to make the trek back up the hill (probably about a 10 minute hike and they would have already jumped by the time he gets to the top) or wait for them. Richard then explains that Lisa was feeling afraid so he had to build up her confidence to jump, and that is why the jump took so long. This may seem like a no win situation for Justin but there could be a way to win points back later in the game. I also like the idea where you may have to lose points in one scene to set up a later scene where you can gain a lot of points. It would help building tension using game mechanics this way.

I also have a short scene in my head where Richard has a two seat sports car and Tracy wants to go for a ride in it. Richard offers to give her a ride and this leaves Justin behind, possibly making him feel jealous and giving Richard alone time with Tracy. Tracy could also start talking about how exciting hanging out with Richard is which could cause tension if Justin starts to pick at his bad points.

For the purposes of the story Tracy is a character who will act contrary to her personality in situations where she can get her excitement fix. This means scenes with her can escalate out of control of what was initially intended quickly, which may be bad news for Justin but good news for the player and the resulting sex scenes they get.

For the most part, I agree with you assessment of the various characters. I do have a few addendum to add, though. For the record, Tracy is my favorite character, and I have played the original game not cheating on Tracy more often than cheating on her. Usually, the relationship with Lisa builds until Justin sees her give Derek a blowjob, at which point they acknowledge their attraction be agree not to act on it. As strange as it may sound, but that’s my personal canon for the game, and I love the fact that it felt just as rewarding as the cheating route.

Tracy:
I do think your assessment of Tracy and Justin’s relationship is pretty close, especially on the swinger route, but you’re not taking into account that the player is Justin, and therefore Justin is somewhat subject to change. I remember the first time I played the expansion to the first game. I decided to play it completely devoted. I did not cheat with Lisa, and I went to the swinger club because I wanted to help Tracy fulfill her fantasies. I ignored the one woman who offered to suck you at the beginning and just focused on Tracy. Then she accused me of cheating and told me that if I didn’t eat out her cream pie, she’d divorce me and take Charlie. At first, I was angry because she accused me of cheating when I hadn’t and I refused, getting divorced. Later, to see what would happen, I agreed and ended up being Tracy’s bitch. Still later, though, I decided the ending was appropriate. If Justin acts liked a whipped pussy the entire game, he deserves to be treated as such. The best ending, in the club, is when you do not acquiesce to Tracy’s demands and say that you already promised the good doctor a good fucking. Tracy, on the swinger route, may see Justin as a beta, but if he ever fully becomes one, she’ll quickly demote him to an omega. He has to stand up to her on occasion, or she’ll lose all respect for him. Tracy is assertive and controlling. Justin has to walk a fine line between pleasing her and boring her. While Tracy enjoys controlling Justin, she still likes him to surprise her and assert himself, at least within certain parameters.

It’s a bit different on the non-swinger route, and I almost feel there would be two different Tracys in the sequel depending on that choice. If Justin chose not to go to the swinger club, he is even more assertive. He basically decided that he didn’t want to share his wife and his desires in the matter were more important than his wife’s, and she accepted it. While I wouldn’t say Justin is the alpha in that route, it is more of an equal partnership, or, at the very least, while she may be the boss, he retains certain veto powers. Ultimately, if the player choses the swinger ending in the first game, Tracy will be more open, more demanding, and more of a thrill seeker. It might make some things easier, such as any form or group sex, but it would also vastly increase the risk of Tracy being seduced by Richard.

Edit: One other thing did occur to me. During the confession scene, Tracy comments that she doesn't mind Justin being with other women if she's present or at least knows about it. You also mentioned that Tracy wants to build Justin up as an alpha in public. So, I disagree with the belief that Tracy would want Justin focused on her during the swinging. In public, she wants Justin to appear an alpha. If that means he's busy with a girl elsewhere, that's fine. So that's another dynamic. In a public contest between Justin and Richard, Tracy would want Justin to assert himself, and he would lose points if he fails.

TheGreatJoeGargery wrote: Lisa
In the first game I always thought that Lisa's appeal to Justin was that she was easier to influence than Tracy and he could have some measure of influence over her. I've also thought that this control only exists in Justin's head as Lisa tends to subtly lead Justin down a path to get what she wants, in contrast to Tracy just flatly saying what she wants and that's that. Lisa likes teasing Justin and makes a game out of having him want her. She's smart but knows that being smart can be a turn off to men so she plays dumb and at times she plays helpless to get the attention of "white knights" who want to rescue her. However I think she's been observing Tracy and learning new techniques for which she can use Justin as a guinea pig. To be honest I think she may have a bit of a girl crush on Tracy as a strong woman she would like to be. Tracy (especially swinger Tracy) would see the benefit of having some measure of control over Lisa as this is also control over Justin (she would then control not only sex from her but have influence over the sex he receives from Lisa as well). This could be the set up for the threesome at the end of the game, where Tracy is seducing Lisa throughout the game and clues are left (there could be hidden clickable items strewn about the game, like if you are in Lisa's room you could click and find a pair of Tracy's panties under the bed for example). If Justin has figured out the clues then he can initiate the threesome or if he has a really high score then Tracy could initiate the threesome without the clues being discovered.

Lisa and Gabrielle are also a combination in the game that could be explored. I think the sex shop scene in town is a bit of foreshadowing. Depending on score Justin could end up being the recipient or in control of that whip. I'm sure there could also be some bondage involved as well. Lisa now has a partner in crime as well to get Justin to watch her. I'm imaging a bondage scene with Justin tied to the bed while Lisa and Gabrielle make out, which could end in Justin being blindfolded just as the show was about to get really good. There could be a dark screen with the sex noises playing for the rest of the scene as a tease to the player, with the scene putting the player on track for an even bigger payoff down the line. Also as we've seen with Lisa's birth control pills Gabrielle is not fully on anyone's side but her own. There could be a situation where she has both Justin and Lisa in bondage and then proceeds to have her way with them while they're helpless.

In regards to Richard, Lisa doesn't have a huge exploitable weakness like Tracy. I've always thought that Richards best chance of seducing Lisa is to give them a common interest that they talk about. One potential scene I can think of is that Richard tries to convince Lisa (and perhaps both Lisa and Tracy) to do a shoot with one of Richard's friends who is a famous fashion photographer, which would result in a trip to his studio. There could also be a scene where he coerces Antoinette to do it as well as it is another way to show off Antoinette to Richard. The photographer could also get a little too hands on placing Lisa and Tracy into modeling poses which could set a trap for Justin if he decides to say something about it.

Lisa:
While I almost completely agree about Lisa, I do disagree on one point. While I do think that Lisa respects and admires Tracy, I don’t think she wants to be like her. Tracy is a controller; Lisa is a manipulator. I think Lisa knows herself fairly well and is comfortable with who she is. She doesn’t want to change. From that, I think any threesome between Tracy, Lisa and Justin would ultimately be Lisa’s doing. No matter whether Justin cheated with Lisa or not in the first game, she is coming back with the intention of seducing Justin; otherwise she wouldn’t put herself in that situation again. If Justin did not cheat in the first game, she probably came to the conclusion that Justin is too devoted to his wife, and the best way to seduce him is to seduce her too. Since Lisa respects, admires, and thinks Tracy is hot, this isn’t so much an obstacle as a bonus. If Justin did cheat in the first game, Lisa potentially feels guilty for betraying Tracy and has rationalized that if she can get Tracy involved too, that would make everything okay. There is a hint of this when the threesome does start and Lisa winks at Justin, making him wonder if that was her plan all along. Now, Tracy is controlling, so I think Lisa basically has to manipulate Tracy into believing that the threesome was Tracy’s idea in the first place, especially if Justin did not share Tracy in the first game. The threesome would probably be easier on the swinger’s route, but, as mentioned earlier, there are more chances for a bad ending that route as well.

The best thing about art is that it is subjective and I'm just glad that we can have these conversations. When I came up with the personalities my goal wasn't just to present the characters how I think they are but also create personalities for the characters to progress the game play. Once you do create concrete personalities for the characters you are stuck with them and the trick is to not paint yourself in a corner and limit what you can do with them later. In the first season of a TV show you'll often find that the character's personalities aren't as well defined as they are in the later seasons for example, and you can end up doing more with the characters. Homer wasn't as dumb in the first few seasons of the Simpsons for example and you could use him in stories that required his character to have some insight and think a little more. In later seasons he often needed another character to figure things out for him before he could act. As the personalities get more defined then you become limited in what stories you can tell with them, so when you define the personalities you also need to make sure that you can do interesting things with them in future stories.

In regards to Justin, my thinking is that while the player does have control over him (or the illusion of control) his character is still reflected back at him by how he is treated by the other characters in the game. It is also limited by the dialogue options he is given. So even though the player is playing the game Justin still has a personality in the game due to those limiting factors. In regards to Lisa and Tracy's relationship, I think much of my thinking was my own personal biases. I'm in my late 30's looking back I find that no matter how confident an early 20 year old is, they will not be the same person in 10 years in their early 30's. If Lisa is trying to emulate Tracy in any way it's not because she lacks confidence but because it is just what young adults do, consciously or subconsciously. If they didn't then they would never be those different people that they become in their 30's. I agree with you in that Lisa is not trying to become a clone of Tracy because she is much too confident to do that. I think Lisa may be learning some of Tracy's tools and adding them to her toolbox. When I say she wants to "be like Tracy" I mean a strong and confident woman in control of her own destiny. I don't think that she wants to mimic her in every way.

In regards to game mechanics there is much more to do with Justin if he is a beta trying to be an alpha. There are many conflicts that can come into play in this and future games. There is tension that Tracy may fall for someone more alpha than he thinks he is or Justin extending himself due to his actual limits being beyond what he imagines them to be. Justin' is just a more interesting character for the player this way. Lisa having a crush on Tracy also opens up some interesting possibilities down the road, especially if Tracy ends up hijacking Lisa from Justin (or even just the anxiety that she may do this). I also like to think that it would be nice to have Tracy pulling a Justin and seducing Lisa behind her partner's back. If you seduced Lisa in the first game you may feel a little less bad about it, if you didn't you'd kick yourself for not doing it. It's a little bit of a twist and a subversion of expectations.

I loved your summary of Lisa and Tracy in which you say Lisa is a manipulator and Tracy is a controller because it sums everything up so nicely. It also explains their roles in the game. Each girl should bring something different to the table to the game and have different fantasies to explore. Then when you mix and match the girls things can get even more interesting. As a fellow Tracy admirer I also appreciated the options not to cheat and that was often my preferred playthrough as well. I also agree that Tracy would support Justin standing up to others who try to tear him down.

I am certain that Tracy loves Justin and wants him to be happy and doesn't want to hurt him. If they aren't in the heat of passion she will always support Justin and respect what he has to say (she tends to lose a bit of control when her arousal is up). She will not just think of only her needs and always neglect Justin's needs. She has almost a parent role in the relationship. When a parent take their kid to play baseball and the kid hits a home run they'll feel pride. If they don't do so well they'll offer encouragement after the game. If the kid is perhaps not so good at playing that parent may build them up to maintain their ego. But if they come home and the kid tracks his muddy baseball shoes across the carpet instead of taking them off at the door like the parent told them too then there will be consequences. In Tracy's mind she's the boss because it is in Justin's best interest for her to be the boss. Justin will do stupid things (from her point of view) if she doesn't. For her being the boss is a responsibility, not a privilege (this is from her perspective and her justification. In reality being the boss means that she gets to set the criteria of what makes a good relationship and enforce her criteria). The relationship would surely fall apart (from her perspective) if she didn't exercise some measure of control over it. But when Justin does good and thinks about the relationship and puts his needs ahead of the relationship she will agree with him. She loves Justin and wants to see him happy but every so often she needs to correct what she perceives as bad behavior and provide some discipline. Normally Tracy cheating on Justin would basically be her giving up the parenting role saying "fine, you want to do what you want and don't care about this relationship I have been working to hold together then I won't bother and I'll just do what I want too." The difference between the first game and the second game is going to be the different Tracy that emerges when she is aroused and how Richard can manipulate that arousal. It is Richard's influence on the relationship which is pretty much the point of the game. If Richard wasn't there then the relationship would be like it was for one of the good endings in the first game, but Richard's influence creates tension between Justin and Tracy. The game is about acknowledging and dealing with that. If we continue the analogy of Tracy being a parent figure (an example that I am growing increasingly more uncomfortable using) where Tracy is the mom and Justin is the kid, Richard would be the guy Justin's single mom would start dating that makes her start to act different and changes up the dynamic of the relationship. I'm not saying Richard's is actually dating Tracy so much that Richard disrupts the the established connection at status quo dynamic between Justin and Tracy.
Last edited by TheGreatJoeGargery on Sun, 16Nov06 18:38, edited 1 time in total.
TheGreatJoeGargery
lagoon predator

Postby iksanabot » Sun, 16Nov06 04:13

Ok guys,

I just want to let you know that I've been looking at the thread often enough to know that you are having high, high, high level discussions about the characters from the LWT series and I am thrilled about it. I would have posted sooner, and would post more of a response except that my regular job is killing me right now and I literally have absolutely no free time. It's 10 minutes to 11:00 here right now, on a Saturday night, and I'm actually just doing a quick check in and then I will be back to working on my regular job SHIT for another two hours tonight. I tell you honestly, I so badly want to quit my job and create erotic games full time, but I have so many things to consider, including three young children, so fuck... fuck fuck fuck.

Anyway, Joe and the rest, I can't give a detailed response to your awesome ideas. I do recommend that you try writing out your own script because clearly you have the most important assets (in my opinion) to writing a great erotic game, and that is (1) imagination and (2) theory of mind. That is, what makes an erotic sex scene great is when it is both uncommon (imagination) AND believable (theory of mind). If you don't know psychology speak, theory of mind means being able to take the perspective of others, which is critical to writing a believable character. Making an uncommon sex scene believable is accomplished by writing the characters well: making your characters believable by understanding what REALLY could make someone decide to behave that way.

Anyway, I couldn't read all of your ideas, because I am short of time, and also because I feel a little resistance to having anyone else influence my creative choices. I want LWT to be MINE. The more detailed your idea, the less likely I will take it because it will not feel like me. I do get influenced by posts here. After the LWT1 expansion (wife Gone Wilder) I got requests and suggestions to have Justin access a surveillance camera, and for Lisa to go to a glory hole. I ended up using both ideas in LWT2. They were great ideas, but they were also general, so that I could write them without feeling like I was copying from someone else's script. I have already started outlining the LWT2 expansion, working off of criticisms of the base game, more than working off suggestions for new scenes. I do want the LWT2 expansion to be so perfect that some fans die a blissful death, covered in their own ejaculate (ok, metaphorically). But to do that, I want most of the new scenes to be a complete surprise.

So, I will fix things that many have noted are problems with the base game of LWT2, but the new scenes are going to be completely, or at least mostly, mine all mine.

But I tell you, the new scenes that I've been working on so far... well... they blow my fucking mind.

Best regards,
iksanabot
iksanabot
star of the reef

Postby TheGreatJoeGargery » Sun, 16Nov06 18:26

iksanabot wrote:So, I will fix things that many have noted are problems with the base game of LWT2, but the new scenes are going to be completely, or at least mostly, mine all mine.

But I tell you, the new scenes that I've been working on so far... well... they blow my fucking mind.

Best regards,
iksanabot

When I stated that I would be happy if any of my ideas made it into the expansion I think a better way to have expressed myself was to say that I would be honored if any of my ideas made it. I was responding to someone who said that he felt i should be monetizing my ideas which I disagreed with. My goal isn't to see if my ideas make the cut but to generate discussion on the board and create an idea melting pot for you or any other creator to use or not use at your leisure. My only goal is to see these games that I love so much keep getting better and better.

I am very happy to hear that you have ideas that excite you so much for the expansion and I can't wait to see them. Your work never dissapoints me.
TheGreatJoeGargery
lagoon predator

Postby iksanabot » Mon, 16Nov07 02:07

:) Thanks Joe!
iksanabot
star of the reef

Postby Musikito » Tue, 16Nov08 18:40

Hi, first of all i want to say that i like the game, i liked LWT more than this but i like it.

There are a few things that i don't like and doesn't make much sense.

First of all it say that in this game I'm the temptation, so why i would want someone trying to steal the girls from me?, if i'm the temptation shouldn't be the other way? the girls trying to steal me from my wife or from my lover?

Usually in this kind of games if i cheat on my wife is because i chose to, not because a guy has more points than me then my wife will cheat on me. This doesn't makes much sense, mostly because Richard is an asshole and is full of himself, also he treat his wife poorly and even abusive, so why would anyone try to go for him? he is an horrible person. Also why in a game that i doesn't share Tracey and didn't cheat on her with Lisa, she will cheat on me in 6 days? that bad was our marriage that in 6 days she is capable of cheating on me with an asshole? it doesn't makes much sense even if i shared Tracey, but that Tracey if is horny doesn't mind anything, much less her husband.

Also with Lisa if you didn't share Tracey and didn't cheat with Lisa, she said that she is interested in you, she even confess that in day2 and 3, but then in the next day she will do the glory hole, for a person that is interested in me that isn't a good way of showing it, sucking other dicks is not a way of showing she is interested in me. If you cheat Tracey with her, she is nothing but a hungry cock whore, i understand that she is single and that is a pretty sexual woman but even then it doesn't suit with a Lisa that you fucks first in the climb in day 3.

Also i have a question, in the last day when you have more points than Richard and see the cameras she turn him off and slap him, but why was she going there, did Richard ask here to come and that's why? because if you go to pool she is also late, because of that.

I think that with a character as bad as Richard there is no way that a normal girl, again not cheating not shared, will have sex with him.

That is mostly what i think that doesn't have sense, also the Lisa getting pregnant when you share Tracy aka the club but that was already answer so...

Is there a way of getting Tracey pregnant withouth sharing her with the stable boys? i mean in a no shared gameplay, i try to do it but there is no way and is a thing that i miss for people who actually play the no shared no cheating in game 1. Also if you shared her and the stables boys raped her and cum in her, she should get pregnant but if you get Lisa pregnant then the end that happens is that, Lisa pregnant and Tracey dont.

Like i said i enjoy the game the art is good and the scenes are hot, but i like the first one more, because there was the temptation of cheating or not, of getting discovered or just play a not cheating husband, it is what i did most. In this game trying to be good or not, to have more points than other guy because if not my wife will cheat on me doesn't give me the temptation, i just feel bad knowing that don't matter what i do if my points are lower my wife will cheat on me, knowing it or not, it just feeld bad it let a bad taste in my mouth, i like to chose in games like this if i cheat or no, not having control in what the other characters do doesn't feel right. I don't like the idea of my wife cheating on me with an asshole, when i'm the one cheating in this game is because i the player want it, not because of something ramdom, i play this games to get choices that i control, playing the loving husband and then having my wife cheating on me because i have less points doesn't feels rigth. I mostly in the times that i have played this game have more points than Richard, but i wanted to get all the ends/achievments, thing that i did, but playing the game when see cheats on you...i didn't play this games to have a bad time, thing that i did when i have to play to got that achievments, normally if a cheating scene is played in this kind of games is because i want it to happen, not because the character goes alone to it, that is what made my plays of this game less entertainment, it let me such bad taste in the mouth that i didn't play the game again since then, i got all the endings and all the achievments but it will have to pass a time since i play it again, and if you make an expansion and in it not only Tracey but Lisa may cheat on you, i think that i won't play it.

I gave it a 6/10 i enjoy the plays when i'm in controll of things, when i have more points, but it is a 6 because of the plays where i had less points than Richard,a not shared not cheating Tracey doesn't even wants to have sex with you if you have less points that Richard, a thing that shouldn't happen if in the game 1 i played like that...

Sorry if this sounds like a rant but i need to get it out of me.
Musikito
Pilot fish

Postby TheGreatJoeGargery » Fri, 16Nov11 18:56

You don't have to worry about voicing your criticisms of the game Musikito, it's what the forum is for. I think your main concern is how the story changes between the first and second game. In the first game you have the option to pursue two women (three if you count Sandy) without competition, which you seem to have enjoyed the most. In this game you still have the chance to pursue multiple women but at the same time you have competition for those women. The entire concept of this game is that added element of competition so I think that this may come down to this game just doesn't suit your tastes. I will say you have a valid point that simply having the score determine if your wife cheats on you or not is problematic. There could be something more, like the combination of factors of you making choices to willfully neglect her throughout the game or leaving her alone with Richard AND your score is low determining if she cheats or not. It seems like your biggest complaint was that your choices in the game just didn't matter beyond how it adjusts your score and that is a valid complaint. Spending all your time with Tracy and not flirting with someone else could still end you with a low score where Tracy cheats on you. Perhaps this could be fixed by having individual score meters for each girl as others have suggested so when you do something that particular girl likes then it goes up or something that girl doesn't like and it goes down.

In regards to Tracy cheating, remember that Justin has the option to cheat on Tracy multiple times throughout the two games in the series so I don't think it is too unrealistic for Tracy to be cheating on Justin. I do understand your point that in games where you have been completely faithful to Tracy she is no less likely to cheat on you after spending a week with Richard. I think the writing for the Richard character got across the fact that he was an asshole but I think in an expansion there also has to be examples of Richard being charismatic and charming as well for him being a viable competitor for Justin

The pregnancy thing is also problematic as many people have already said. In the sex scenes between Tracy and Justin it does not seem that Justin is using a condom so we may assume from that either Tracy is on birth control or Justin still has his vasectomy from last game. If you chose to play a Justin with swinger Tracy (which is a requirement to get the gangbang in the stable) then Justin has had a vasectomy in the previous game so it makes sense that Tracy would not be on birth control. The problem is that even swinger Justin can get Lisa pregnant. Probably the easiest way to solve this problem is to lock out the ending where Lisa gets pregnant from playthroughs with swinger Justin. Perhaps the scene were Gabrielle tampers with Lisa's birth control pills can be replaced by another scene on the camera for swinger Justin. Very likely non swinger Tracy would be on birth control so there is probably not a scenario where Justin could get Tracy pregnant as the game stands now.
TheGreatJoeGargery
lagoon predator

Postby Mitch88 » Sat, 16Dec10 11:43

First things first, LWT 2 was freaking amazing. I know some people didn't really like the new no-grind approach, but it really helped with the continuation and what made the first game great. I just hope the new expansion has a part with Lisa/Richard as with the last game, where you could choose a path, and maybe another flashback with Tracy/Eleanor and what happened when they went out drinking [img]images/icones/icon14.gif[/img] . Of course this is just to feed my...curiosity, as regardless of what happens I know it's gonna be great, but hopefully not another year long wait. Keep up the fantastic work.
Mitch88
sirens hunter

Postby HughMungous » Sat, 17Jan07 00:06

Just been thinking, if you guys ever decide to do LwT3, the natural progression could be that cousin's family visits Justin in America.

It'd be much easier than starting a game from scratch. You could use the same base rooms (honestly, I don't really care about brand spanking new settings). Maybe they remodeled the house, added a spa or extra rooms.

You could incorporate new events onto old places. Like shopping with Gabrielle, or working out with Antoinette. Maybe take the girls clubbing for some extra fun?

You could even make a few new places. A fancy hotel where Richard is staying? Maybe while he's out on a business trip, have some fun? Or maybe you're showing the girls out during clubbing, they get too drunk, and you have to 'take care' of them at the hotel? Or maybe Lisa's college friends decide to spend their Spring Break in town? Maybe her friends are broke, so they crash at Justin's for a few nights? Or maybe Justin's becoming a famous writer, so he's got a groupy? So many possibilities.

The money system was brilliant in the original, because it's resource-management. People might complain about the "grind" of these games. But really, LwT was a game because it required gaining and expending precious resources effectively (morale makes getting cash more efficient, cash buys stuff to improve relationships, relationships can fluctuate based on choices and affects morale, and everything costs time). Rock, Paper, Scissors. It made the game more immersive than "point-and-click." Really, your critics should stop thinking of it as a "grind" and start thinking of it as an economics resource game (much like actually trying to seduce a real girl!).

I think the old system was also more of an open-world adventure, with more choices in how to solve a problem. The new system is also unique, with choices building upon each other. But it's a lot of 'being in the right place at the right time'. I also imagine it's a bitch to code for. Especially given the time constraints.

I know it's too early to even think about a LwT3. These are just my random thoughts. But I think the fantasy appeal of LwT1 was 2-fold: 1) doing something taboo and 2) working towards a goal.
HughMungous
Pilot fish

Postby jordzzcl » Sun, 17Jan15 19:33

It is a great game. Thank you guys for the hard work.

I like the game mechanics. Since the game is a pornographic game, it should focus more on story and sexy images. The competitive aspect is also pretty good.

In terms of the story, I feel like there should be a loving wife route. Tracy is my type of girls. I would like to just stick to her without cheating not because of moral but she is sexy enough to keep my eyes just on her. In LWT1, I can do all sort of things with her (e.g. pussy eating, various sex poses at different locations). But in this game, sex scenes with Tracy without the intervention from other guys are very limited (most of them are just Tracy jerk you off) and I didn't find a romantic/elaborated ending just with Tracy. If you guys can add a loving wife route with Tracy in the expansion, I would highly appreciate it.
jordzzcl
Pilot fish

Postby TheGreatJoeGargery » Mon, 17Jan16 21:07

HughMungous wrote: These are just my random thoughts. But I think the fantasy appeal of LwT1 was 2-fold: 1) doing something taboo and 2) working towards a goal.

I think you're onto something here. I did miss that sense of progression in LwT2, but I also didn't miss the monotonous grinding, where every day I had to brush my teeth, take a shower and do a bunch of other things. I think the goal of the next game would be to add the progression back in but keep out the monotony.

I could see the system used in LwT2 being expanded upon to accommodate this. Basically in this system the day is divided into 3 chunks, morning afternoon and evening. When you pick an event to do it triggers the transition to the next chunk of the day. What you could do is dividing your selections into actions and events. Events are the large things that you do (like go to town or go to the beach) that trigger transitions to the next part of the day. Actions would be smaller things (usually conversing with people) that would not trigger that transition. You would get so many action points to spend per time of day (For completing certain objectives in game you may get more action points to spend as part of the progression).

For example, in LWT2 in the morning when you go on horseback to the beach the day could start with the normal household view instead of transitioning into a cut-scene right away. When you go to the pool the cut-scene triggers when Richard talks about going to the beach. Somewhere on the screen is an event list, and instead of automatically triggering a cut-scene to go to the beach, you have the option to click on it to manually trigger the transition. The reason you have to trigger the transition manually is because you also have the option to talk to people at the table before you go. We can say you have 10 "action points" for each scene. These points refresh when you progress to the next scene. So now some people may have the option to be talked to at the table. So now say I can talk to Tracy who is sitting at the patio table. Each dialogue choice costs an action point. When I run out of action points I can't make progress in conversations with anyone until my pool of Action Points refreshes at the transition to the next scene (a generic "talking to person" screen appears if I try talking with someone when I don't have action points, and if I run out of action points when I talk with someone then an end conversation dialogue shows up "it was nice talking to you" or something like that). So perhaps in my conversation with Tracy, she suggests that we just sneak of somewhere on our own and not go to the beach. Then a second event "Spend the Morning with Tracy" pops up on your event list. Now you can click on either "Go to the Beach" or "Spend the Morning with Tracy". We'll click on "Go to the Beach" and we transition from the house to the beach with the horseback riding scene and all your action points refresh. When we get to the beach you get a static shot of people standing around and you can talk to various people to make things happen. You can talk to Lisa and through dialogue choices trigger the "go mountain climbing scene", or speak with Antoinette to trigger the "Richard groping Tracy scene" and so on and so forth. In LwT1 the transitions would be more mundane. It would be things like spending the morning working on your work assignment or cleaning the house. You'd still have the option to chat with Lisa in between transitions and wouldn't be limited to just three actions a day.

Instead of having a meter to determine relationship status, progression with relationships could be determined by completing "dialogue trees". So each girl has a set of branching dialogue selections that you must navigate through and pick the right selections before your action points run out. You keep getting the same dialogue selections when you speak to a girl until you find the correct path (or one of the correct paths) through the branching dialogue choices. When you complete "Level 1 Dialogue Tree", then "Level 2 Dialogue Tree" becomes available for that specific girl, with spicier dialogue choices and more possibilities. That Level 2 Dialogue Tree could also be less forgiving, causing you to be very careful with your action point usage in able to complete it. Events that happen in the world can fill in gaps in the tree that may allow it to be finished to limit progression until a certain time in the game, or to allow different paths through the tree. So if there are multiple paths, making a certain selection could put you on a different seduction path (with a different ending and the possibility of a different sex scene) than others would. So sex scenes would be determined by being in a certain location at a certain point in the game at a certain "Dialouge Tree Level" with a certain girl.

In regards to progression, instead of grinding statistics I'd like to see a system where you could basically upgrade your player, much like in games like Mass Effect 2 and 3 or Deus Ex's Praxis Point system. So for completing certain tasks in game you could obtain points. You could then go to an upgrade screen to spend those points. Let's say I get a point and I go to the upgrade screen. I look at the Charisma upgrade. It has three levels. Level one only costs 1 point so I pick that one. At level one charisma I now have the "Smooth Recovery" ability, which allows me to reverse the effect of a bad dialogue choice, refunding me the Action Point I spent and allowing me to pick again. I can only use this once but it refreshes when my Action Points refresh. At Level 2 Charisma which costs 2 points I can buy an upgrade that allows me to have a display to see what the effect of my dialogue choices are having on the girl (I'm thinking something like the CASSIE social enhancer in Deus Ex Human Revolution and Deus Ex Mankind Divided). At Level 3 Charisma which costs 3 points, I can pick dialogue choices that result in positive choices that would otherwise be negative. So if there is something vulgar in the dialogue selection that the girl normally would find offensive, if I pick that selection it comes off as a joke and still allows me to progress the conversation, where she laughs instead of becoming offended (possibly offering a shortcut through the dialogue tree which can save on using some action points). There could also be an Athletic upgrade, where at Level 1 you could be a gym rat and make impressive strength checks (that you can make in front of a girl to impress her, and then have a "Oh, You're So Strong" dialogue option be added in her dialogue tree that could circumvent a lengthier conversation chain), at Level 2 you could be all around more athletic which would also include coordination and ability to do new athletic feats with no experience (such as being able to ride the horse with no problem to the beach), and Level 3 could have you train in Mixed Martial Arts so you can win almost any fight you get into (such as in the park with Lisa in the first game). I'd also like to see wealth be made into a statistic instead of just be about earning money. This takes into account your personal credit and not just cash you have on hand. So Level 1 Wealth allows you to buy little items at the store with no problem, Level 2 allows you to buy the expensive dress or jewelry, and Level 3 allows you to but anything and also assumes that you are always well dressed in expensive clothing and possessions. What this system represents is that you do things "off camera" to build your statistics. You're going to the gym on your spare time, or you spend more time at work to get a promotion, and things like that. This way you don't physically have to click on the work out button at the gym for 10 days in a row to build your fitness statistic. When you pick the upgrade the assumption is that you have been doing these things on your spare time. That way you can focus on the interaction with the story but still have a sense of progression. You can then gain upgrade points by playing the game. Points can be rewards for exploring your environment, completing tasks for work or the home, and finding new things or by progressing the story instead of having to do monotonous tasks every day to build your skills.

Before anyone asks I am not advocating revamping LwT2 or LwT1 using this system. That would be an incredibly unrealistic expectation. I just used the examples from the game to illustrate how this may work. My goal is to show how to reintroduce the sense of progression into LwT2's style of game play (which I consider to be an improvement and has great potential if it keeps being developed) for future games.
TheGreatJoeGargery
lagoon predator

PreviousNext

Return to Other sexy games