LWT 2: Foreign Affairs

These games are not complete and/or can be totally or partially reserved for paying members. Open a thread in this section is reserved for active members, read the rules before submit a game.

Re: LWT 2: Foreign Affairs

Postby Yojimbo » Sun, 16Sep18 00:24

I really enjoyed this game and thought it really delivered as a sequel.

Mechanics
I like that a different mechanic was used from the previous game. The logic for the change was sound as I would have found it jarring to have to regrind all the stats.
The sex scene mechanics were better. There was a less intrusive interface, less fiddling about necessary during each scene.
I liked the hidden 'discoverables' in several of the locations. It rewarded paying attention to the surroundings and added to the replayability as, on later play throughs, I checked each location to see if I had missed anything.
There were several branching paths and yet the shifts following each decision point were smooth and never felt clunky or forced.
Reading previous comments I see concerns that the game was short. I actually felt that it was substantially longer than previous LoP titles. I think the difference is in playing time vs quality content consumption. It would have been easy to pad the length of the game by having numerous 'time slots' that were filled with low content activities. However, I didn't play LWT because of the 'typing on the computer' scenes or the 'doing the house work' scenes (I believe that MMOs refer to it as 'grinding'), I played it because of the interaction between the protagonist and the various characters. LWT2 could easily be padded to several times its current length with 'grinding scenes' of this type but that is all it would be, padding and grinding. I'm glad that in the sequel the game designers focussed on producing high quality character content as it both made sense in the context of the game and increased the overall quality.

There are two only areas that I think have opportunity for improvement. 1) I would like there to be a way to remove the interface from over the scene (some of the excellent artwork was obscured by text options). 2) I don't think enough use was made of Richard as a challenging antagonist. I think it would have added to the excitement/triumphant feeling if he had been more active in attempting to seduce Tracy and, particularly, Lisa (as she is officially 'single'). He might also have been used by the women as a way to pressure/manipulate the protagonist into giving into their demands. I also didn't feel that he was in particular competition with the protagonist. He rubs in his wealth, makes a point of showing off his beautiful wife and makes a pass at Tracy (camera scene). I would have liked to have seen more direct competition initiated by him. I think it would have made him more 'villainous' and increased his part in the story.

Art
Stunning. Believably proportioned, all the characters were significantly different and even the house staff were interesting (personally I'd have been keen to have some 'one-on-one' time with the maid but I like my cliches. The locations were also nicely detailed and there was a feeling of dynamic movement to the action scenes (and the 'action' scenes). The choice of locations and their realisation by the artist was also good. I felt there was a consistent tone to the area of the world and it helped differentiate it from the previous game's setting.

Misc
I was very happy to see that there were no spelling errors in the dialouge. It might seem a minor point but I find it quite jarring when I've stumbled across them in previous games. I appreciate that there are a lot of steps between script drafting and the final product on screen and also that Enlgish might not be a native language, but it makes a positive difference to me that LoP has got on top of it.

Characters
The writer did an excellent job of maintaining continuity of character between games. Both Tracy and Lisa showed believable character growth and their developments also made sense. I was initally slightly taken aback by Lisa's lustfulness but it was laid out in the previous games that, deep down, she was very sexual but it was held in check (to an extent) by her liking of Tracy. Once that taboo was broken, she was able to let her inner self out to play. Her interactions with Sandy in the previous game makes it all pretty clear. Antoinette was interesting and I look forward to learning more about her motivations in an expansion. Gabrielle was a bit of an enigma. Initially she seemed nothing more than a way to make some of the Lisa scenes more interesting but there is clearly more to her than that. I'm looking forward to seeing what the writer has in store for us.

Endings
I've only seen 7 of 9 so far but some of them so far. For me, endings are important because they contain the majority of the consequences for the decisions I've made. It shows how those decisions shape the lives of the characters and provides the final pay offs (good and bad). Of those I've seen, some were well written and showed how the story would continue for those characters, several others felt as if less effort had gone into them. I appreciate that they are not necessarily the main focus of an erotic game but, for me, I find them important and I appreciated the way that this game developed on from the original's.

Overall I was very happy with the end product.

I hope that I've been specific enough with my feedback to be useful but not so specific that it's boring or 'nit-picky.
Yojimbo
Pilot fish

sex: Masculine

Postby tlaero » Sun, 16Sep18 01:16

Sarchx wrote:Hmmm, did I see this right ?

I've seen a couple of endings, so not sure which one it was....but was there a "Madams of Mayhem" jacket in there ? Coincidence, or does Jessika just have fans everywhere ? Mortze/Tlaero ? [img]images/icones/icon13.gif[/img]

I didn't see that, but it's super cool if so.

I just played LWT2 and really enjoyed it. We've talked here on the lagoon about how hard it is to do a sequel to a game when the challenge of the first game was to have sex with someone. The second game has to have a different challenge. Iksanabot, I think you nailed it here. The story makes complete sense as a continuation, and I think you were absolutely correct to not make this a stat-building game. It wouldn't have worked to reset your stats and start over. I also feel that the game works on its own. You don't need to have played the first to understand this (though, clearly, having played the first helps). Nice job.

I liked that you gave us the ability to choose what had happened in the first game, and I really liked the way you naturally worked it into the conversation on the plane.

The setting and the storyline make for great eros. The fact that you can realistically hang out at pool with four topless women in a game where you've chosen to be 100% faithful to your wife, and it works, says great things about your design choices. I mean, make no mistake, these are erotic games. People WANT to see topless women. I love that you crafted the game in a way that such things worked in the story.

And, speaking of the eroticism, you did an exceptional job of giving us a huge quantity and variety of sexuality in the game. I played where Justin and Tracy were 100% faithful to each other and still got like 10 erotic scenes. From showering together (even if it was just one image, it was hot) to full on multi-position sex, with a ton of interesting things in between. Tracy's "confession" was particularly clever and well written.

I'm intrigued by the mechanics of a stat builder RPG used in a storyline (no stats) game. (Choosing where to go on the map, etc.) I think there are some kinks to work out on concept, but I see a lot of promise there. I enjoy stat builder RPGs and I enjoy storyline games, and this is a scheme where you've potentially married them. If I may, let me suggest a few tweaks to the mechanic, though.

I kind of felt like I couldn't explore the mansion because I didn't know where I'd find people, and I didn't know which locations would use up a time slice. I wanted to focus on Tracy, so I never went to Gabrielle's or Lisa's rooms, etc. But maybe Tracy was in one of those rooms once and I missed it. There were times I went to the pool and it used a time slice even though no one was there, and other times I went places and people other than Tracy were there and it took a time slice. My suggestion is that going to a place never costs time. You have to choose to stay if you want to spend time at it. For instance, you go to hot tub, and you see someone in it. You can either click on the person, which starts the scene and takes time, or you can click "leave" and it doesn't advance time. That way I'd feel comfortable going everywhere and then deciding which event I want to do. This is kind of like in an RPG where you don't spend any time going to the park. You only spend time if you click "Go jogging" when you're there.

I have a second suggestion, but I'm not fully sure it's the right advice. I kind of feel like you should give some indication on the map which places have nothing to do at that moment. You could either make the buttons for locations that have something to do a different color, or you could disable the buttons on places that have nothing to do. I see pros and cons with this, but I think it would probably make the gameplay better.

As for the rivalry score with Richard, I didn't really like it. I sometimes found it hard to see into your mind and figure out which choice you wanted me to make. It felt a little inconsistent. Sometimes the right thing to do was take the high road. Sometimes it was to be a prick. And it seemed to flip back and forth. For instance, in one dinner conversation:

Richard announced he was a billionaire and you could either congratulate him, or say it couldn't have happened to a bigger asshole. I chose to congratulate, and didn't get a point. But saying the latter wouldn't have made me look good to anyone at the table.

Then at a later dinner conversation.
I tried to learn from the previous one and be a jerk, but it fell flat and I didn't get a point.

I don't have a great suggestion for solving this, since it's something I struggle with too in my games.

I'm guessing your concern that the game was "nasty" came from this rivalry mechanic. I think you could clean that up with some targeted fixes. We could talk more about that if you want, though I don't want to belabor the point. This is a minor downside on a really solid and enjoyable game.

Great stuff, Iksanabot!
Tlaero
tlaero
Lady Tlaero, games and coding expert

sex: Female

Postby gingerchin » Sun, 16Sep18 01:29

Firstly, great game. It is always hard to follow up greatness but this is a brilliant sequel.

I am having a little trouble with two of the acheivements. Could somebody please help.

Tracy is pregnant

That hurts so much
gingerchin
Pilot fish

Postby Vocal » Sun, 16Sep18 09:05

I have to say it again, I love this game. It's a great sequel. The writing is clever, the art is great, and the sex scenes are hot. Lisa looks super hot in this one and Tracy is right up there. I love how you can still remain faithful or be a man whore and convert Tracy. And it all makes sense within their characters too. I'm still finding new scenes.

The cooking with Lisa and Tracy was awesome. Great teasing. The Lisa and Tracy threesome was sexy as hell. I found this scene on my first play-through, but I gott'a put more emphasis that it was worth the wait. I still wish there was more of a prerequisite for to get that scene for it to feel more like a reward, but I love it all the same. I still love the Tracy confession scene. All of these scenes are among the hottest scenes LOP has produced imo.

Can't wait for the expansion.

Yojimbo wrote:I really enjoyed this game and thought it really delivered as a sequel.

Mechanics
1) I would like there to be a way to remove the interface from over the scene (some of the excellent artwork was obscured by text options). 2) I don't think enough use was made of Richard as a challenging antagonist. I think it would have added to the excitement/triumphant feeling if he had been more active in attempting to seduce Tracy and, particularly, Lisa (as she is officially 'single'). He might also have been used by the women as a way to pressure/manipulate the protagonist into giving into their demands. I also didn't feel that he was in particular competition with the protagonist. He rubs in his wealth, makes a point of showing off his beautiful wife and makes a pass at Tracy (camera scene). I would have liked to have seen more direct competition initiated by him. I think it would have made him more 'villainous' and increased his part in the story.

Yeah. I personally like the new system now, and I felt Richard could be a better antagonist. I love the idea of him and thought he was good, but I think it would be more exciting if we see him constantly trying to pursue Tracy and Lisa.

Sleeping with the maid as said earlier in the thread seems sexy. It's a cliche, but still a sexy cliche.

gingerchin wrote:Firstly, great game. It is always hard to follow up greatness but this is a brilliant sequel.

I am having a little trouble with two of the acheivements. Could somebody please help.

Tracy is pregnant

That hurts so much

Sure.

On the first one:

You would have to choose Tracy to sleep with other guys in the beginning. After that on day five, go to the pool. You and Tracy would go into the stables and there's a bunch of dudes there. You would click to rub her pussy. After that, you would have to "cum inside her" the first chance you get. Then the other guys would have their turn.

The second one:
Have a lower score than Richard. You would have to gain access to Richard's office. You would have to go there a couple of times. Once you are able to access the computer, the password is god. Just do it on the sixth day and you'll gain the achievement.
Vocal
Pilot fish

Postby Salamandastron » Sun, 16Sep18 10:46

tlaero wrote:As for the rivalry score with Richard, I didn't really like it. I sometimes found it hard to see into your mind and figure out which choice you wanted me to make. It felt a little inconsistent. Sometimes the right thing to do was take the high road. Sometimes it was to be a prick. And it seemed to flip back and forth.

I actually thought it was fairly consistent, depending on the situation and context. The problem (if you can call it that) is that some of the 'correct' decisions don't have immediate feedback. For example, in the situation you mentioned, if you had chosen the other option, it would have given Richard points. Choosing the right thing to say at that point doesn't affect the stats. Which could be a little confusing, but I guess I can see some sort of internal logic for how decision scores are weighted.
Salamandastron
lagoon predator

Postby stcro1 » Sun, 16Sep18 11:00

after many playthroughs last few days and after the hype cooled down i'll give my final opinions

Pros
whole game is a pro to me but i'll briefly explain few of things i really liked

-story - i love it,i like the premise and the continuity of the events of lwt1,it is very intriguing and very well written,good job iksanabot
sex scenes are also well written it has to be said,especially tracy's confession,it was superb

-visually this is the best game lop produced so far,everything looks absolutely stunning,from characters and environment to the animations during scenes,fantastic work by artists

-i like the new characters too,antoinette is very interesting character and i love her backround and story in this game
i even like richard,he is good antagonist and he is very well written character,a real narciss full of himself but still easy to have upper hand on him which is enjoyable,he is asshole sure but not hardcore as for example kevin from eleanor

-locations - i like this bit,we are not bounded to usual locations (like house and few places in city to visit),i loved the trips to lake,cathedral and city,it gave us some really cool events

-amount of content - after few days i realized how many stuff there is in a game,i really appreciate all the hard work you did on this game guys

-gameplay/concept - i'll write the things i like about it first since i have some issues with it
other posters explaind positives very well,i like the fact that this time we don't have to grind stats this time (not that i have problems with that system),focus on the important choices gives tottaly different experience during the playthrougs since in every new playthrough there is something new to find,especially in this game and for that reason i liked it,replayability is great but...

Cons
-gameplay/concept - ...it does make the game feel short and that's my main gripe with the game
i was never fan of one choice per morning/afternoon/night system,and the fact that the game is 6 days long doesn't help especially because i think the story and possibilities are just too good for this system,it takes away freedom of exploring the environment,tlaero described this issue pretty well
i read why you decided for this system and i understand,but i feel that classic 24h day system from lwt1 would be better fit for this game,after all we are on vacation and we are supposed to have time for ourself,it's easier to say than done but i just feel that more time is needed
the story could unfold better that way in my opinon

-lack of interactions - maybe that doesn't fit in this game since the story is in first plan and because of game concept,but i miss interactions with objects and especially characters
things like exploring the mansion,visit gitls in their rooms to hang out,hang out in the pool,visit lisa in her bahtroom,spy on richard,spend time with tracy etc..i know it can't be done but more options available to do those kind of stuff would be cool
also i miss interactions with characters,from simple things like chatting,flirting and hanging out depending on the character location to the ability to invite them to pool,sauna or stables for quick sex...but for that it would mean that different game concept and more time is needed,so it can hardly be added

those are the two issues with the game for me,i know that it is pretty much impossible to adsress them so i would call them my wishes,not critics
now iksanabot,please don't take this like i'm bossing you what do to and what to fix,it's not my intention,i appreciate your work you putting into making this game,these are just my personal opinons

overall i think the game is really great,with possible expansion it will be even better,my rating is 8/10,so a bit lower than what i gave on release day
once again i want to appreciate all the work the team has put into this game,it was really huge and complex project,you did a great job
cheers
stcro1
great white shark

Postby Sbereb » Sun, 16Sep18 12:48

Some days have passed so could someone post a guide on how to take all the achievements? Thanks ^^
Sbereb
Pilot fish

Postby iksanabot » Sun, 16Sep18 14:02

tlaero wrote:
I just played LWT2 and really enjoyed it. We've talked here on the lagoon about how hard it is to do a sequel to a game when the challenge of the first game was to have sex with someone. The second game has to have a different challenge. Iksanabot, I think you nailed it here. The story makes complete sense as a continuation, and I think you were absolutely correct to not make this a stat-building game. It wouldn't have worked to reset your stats and start over. I also feel that the game works on its own. You don't need to have played the first to understand this (though, clearly, having played the first helps). Nice job.

Thanks so much Tlaero. I really appreciate your praise, and value the opportunity to discuss the game with you.
Thanks for playing, and thanks for posting about it. It's interesting that you've highlighted two of the things about the game that I am most proud of, as things you think were successes as well. First:

tlaero wrote: I liked that you gave us the ability to choose what had happened in the first game, and I really liked the way you naturally worked it into the conversation on the plane.

Thanks. When I first began trying to figure out how LWT2 should work, I decided it absolutely had to begin with the option to choose how you ended the first game. It ended up begin harder to implement than I originally thought it would be, but it was worth it.

Second:

tlaero wrote: Tracy's "confession" was particularly clever and well written.

Thanks. I love that scene. When I was writing it, I came out of my office at one point and went to see my wife, who was watching tv in the living room (the kids were in bed, asleep). She laughed when she saw me, because she knew what I was working on and when I came in all flushed with a crazed look in my eye, well... It's a positive memory.

This is another thing that I put a lot of thought into, but I haven't perfected the concept yet:

tlaero wrote: I'm intrigued by the mechanics of a stat builder RPG used in a storyline (no stats) game. (Choosing where to go on the map, etc.) I think there are some kinks to work out on concept, but I see a lot of promise there. I enjoy stat builder RPGs and I enjoy storyline games, and this is a scheme where you've potentially married them. If I may, let me suggest a few tweaks to the mechanic, though.

When I started to think about removing the stat building because, one, some people were tired of that same mechanic every time, and two, because I didn't think players should have to build Justin back up again, I kept trying to come up with a mechanic that would still be interesting and would take time. What I came up with was the decision to make there be these "explore" sessions, where the player would explore the house to see what happened. The idea was to try and produce that feeling of discovery people love when they find a new cut scene by being in the right place, doing the right thing, at the right time (like the scene where Tracy catches Justin masturbating to porn). One of the problems with going in this direction is that you have to right something for every single character for every single explore session, which is a huge volume of material, some less inspired than others. In combination with there being a limit on just how much content I could include, many of these explore scenes feel like dead ends because nothing really happens. I can correct this in an expansion by including more of the scenes I always wanted to include, but also bu tweaking the mechanic to give more purpose to all the scenes - more on that below.

tlaero wrote: My suggestion is that going to a place never costs time. You have to choose to stay if you want to spend time at it.

Yes, definitely. that will help, and in fact it was my intention, but it got lost in the process. There are a few explore scenes where you can choose whether to stay or not, and that is how all of them were supposed to work, but at some point I forgot about it with my focus on other things, and so a lot did not have that option. I will adjust and make sure you can choose whether to stay or not for every explore scene.

tlaero wrote: You could either make the buttons for locations that have something to do a different color, or you could disable the buttons on places that have nothing to do. I see pros and cons with this, but I think it would probably make the gameplay better.

That is an interesting idea. I think the first solution renders this one less important, however. As long as I let people back out of scenes, I think it's alright to make them go to locations to find out who is there. A few people have mentioned having character icons appear on the map where they are, and I think that is a great solution as well, but we'll have to balance out the need for it with the extra coding it would take. Certainly the simplest solution is just to let people back out of scenes.

I'm getting rushed now, my kids are out of bed and playing with our new puppy. It's getting loud and there is kid and puppy traffic running through my office.

Quickly, regarding this comment:

tlaero wrote: As for the rivalry score with Richard, I didn't really like it. I sometimes found it hard to see into your mind and figure out which choice you wanted me to make. It felt a little inconsistent. Sometimes the right thing to do was take the high road. Sometimes it was to be a prick. And it seemed to flip back and forth. For instance, in one dinner conversation:

Richard announced he was a billionaire and you could either congratulate him, or say it couldn't have happened to a bigger asshole. I chose to congratulate, and didn't get a point. But saying the latter wouldn't have made me look good to anyone at the table.

Then at a later dinner conversation.
I tried to learn from the previous one and be a jerk, but it fell flat and I didn't get a point.

I think it is actually fairly consistent that taking the high road is the best option. In the scene you describe, Justin does not get a point for congratulating Richard, but if he acts like a jerk, he loses a point.

tlaero wrote:I'm guessing your concern that the game was "nasty" came from this rivalry mechanic. I think you could clean that up with some targeted fixes. We could talk more about that if you want, though I don't want to belabor the point. This is a minor downside on a really solid and enjoyable game.

Yeah, I'm not happy with how it worked, but I do still think the concept of competing with Richard could work very well. In the expansion I'm going to make it harder to keep up with Richard, and add many short scenes directed at putting some tension in where you see both Lisa and Tracy finding Richard really impressive and some concern on Justin's part is generated about losing the girls to him. Like others have pointed out, I think I will need to add in a RELATIONSHIP stat for each girl to make this work better. That is, Richard is never going to be a threat to Tracy if Justin is acting like a great husband and father, and spending quality time with her. But if he spreads himself too thin, and gets Tracy mad enough at him, or feeling ashamed of him, then the threat is very real. Likewise with Lisa. And similar for the new girls, who are biased toward Richard but can be seduced with enough attention and respect. I'm also going to have a RELATIONSHIP stat for Richard. I realize that Justin should be able to reconcile his differences with Richard, moving toward a very happy ending where Justin and his cousin can actually end up friends again, like they were when they were young. It will be interesting to write. I hope that none of this seems like a spoiler. I'm rushing to get this posted. For anyone besides Tlaero that is reading this - none of this stuff is promises. These are ideas, and intention, but ultimately Leo and I will have to figure out whether all of the coding changes can be done or not. But I'm optimistic.

Ok, thanks again Tlaero, I love picking your brain about this stuff.

iksanabot

Great stuff, Iksanabot!
Tlaero[/quote]
iksanabot
star of the reef

Postby iksanabot » Sun, 16Sep18 17:25

Yojimbo wrote:I really enjoyed this game and thought it really delivered as a sequel.

Man, thanks Yojimbo, I appreciate you starting out this way :)

Thanks for your thoughts. I agree with you about the strengths and weaknesses of the game. You will see from some of my responses to other posters (most recently to Tlaero, above) that I have a plan for addressing the major weaknesses in an expansion and I am optimistic I can greatly improved this game, not merely with new sex scenes, but with better game play and story elements. I will comment on two of your thoughts in particular:

Yojimbo wrote:1) I would like there to be a way to remove the interface from over the scene (some of the excellent artwork was obscured by text options).

You can remove the interface by pressing the spacebar during sex animations - the little question mark above the stars tells you about that feature.

Yojimbo wrote:The writer did an excellent job of maintaining continuity of character between games. Both Tracy and Lisa showed believable character growth and their developments also made sense. I was initally slightly taken aback by Lisa's lustfulness but it was laid out in the previous games that, deep down, she was very sexual but it was held in check (to an extent) by her liking of Tracy. Once that taboo was broken, she was able to let her inner self out to play. Her interactions with Sandy in the previous game makes it all pretty clear.

I'm really glad you said this, because the criticism or Lisa being too lustful is one of the only common criticisms that I'm getting, that I don't agree with. To me, at the end of game 1, if you were cheating with Lisa, then she is way past getting all wishy-washy about Tracy or the act of adultery. I mean, at the end of game 1 she was inviting you to jerk off onto her in the shower while Tracy was right downstairs, or fuck you against the sink while Tracy was in the bedroom. I feel like I picked up right where I left off with Lisa's character, to be honest. But I do recognize that if you go the "pure" route with both girls - never cheated, never shared - then some of their actions are harder to put into context. I tried to give a a bit of a seduction scene to Lisa if you picked "did not cheat" in game 1, but I see that it made it seem a little more disconnected to her actions at teh glory hole after that, if she was "new" to cheating.

Anyway, I will fix it in the expansion.

Thanks for playing!
iksanabot
star of the reef

Postby tlaero » Sun, 16Sep18 17:45

I agree that the first solution renders the second one less important. I even have a small feeling that, with the first solution in place, the second one becomes a detriment. I certainly wouldn't mind going to every location only to find some/many of them empty if I can do so "safely" (only advance time when I choose to). Another thing you could do that is relatively inexpensive (though still costly) is to have various low impact hit targets in the locations when no one is there. You're in the living room and you click on a picture of Richard and Antoinette and it puts some text at the bottom (no new image) about Richard and Antoinette looking really happy, and maybe he hasn't always been such a prick. Doing this would have two impacts.

1) It would extend the game because people who are interested will spend time searching for these.
2) It'll let you flesh out backstory and details about characters that you wouldn't get otherwise.

I'm pretty sure it's important, though, that these little secrets shouldn't impact the actual game mechanics. Reward people with personality type: Explorer who want to know everything there is to know about the story without punishing people who just want to see the next cumshot and don't want to spend their time running the mouse around all the pages.

If you wanted to go SUPER far with this (not sure it's worth it, though) you'd have a series of these sorts of hit targets in various rooms, and you wouldn't unlock the second in the series until you've clicked on the first. And time has to pass between finding one and finding the next. So in the living room I click on a picture. Then I go do some actual scene that advances time. Then, the next time I go back to the living room, the picture is no longer a hit target, but the wine glass is, and clicking on that gives you more information. Etc.

Again, a fair amount of work for a subset of your players, but it's less expensive than other things since you don't need new pictures. Something to think about in future games at least.

I like your idea of there being relationship scores with the various people, Richard included, rather than the Richard vs Justin score. Again, maybe this is for a different game. Don't feel you need to "fix" everything about LwT2. It's already a great game. Learn from the experience and move on to make the next game even better. But if there was a path where I could play the good guy, keep my relationship with Tracy strong, not cheat with any of the other women, sincerely fix my relationship with Richard, and in so doing make him a better person... Oh la la.

Tlaero
tlaero
Lady Tlaero, games and coding expert

sex: Female

Postby TheGreatJoeGargery » Sun, 16Sep18 21:11

The only think I have to say is that this is a great game and I hope this design gets expanded upon in your future games and used by others. All of tlaero's suggestions are awesome and I hope you manage to implement some of them. Many other people had some good suggestions as well. In regards to how exploring the house should work, I think Sensual Haunting from Sex & Glory had a pretty good handle on that type of mechanic and perhaps giving that game a once over may give you a few ideas on refining your system. I particularly liked the plane ride being where you made your decisions on what happened in the previous game. I like that statistic grinding was removed and that choices made in the game would determine if you had the statics to accomplish a certain task (like success in the arm wrestling scene in the stable being determined by a decision you made earlier).

My only major wish for an expansion would be the idea that many others had as well in that there would be the constant anxiety of Lisa or Tracy being seduced by Richard and that be prevalent throughout the entire game. I think the idea you had in regards to separate meters for everyone individually would work great, where you have to keep Lisa and Tracy's meters from falling too low while trying to raise everyone else's. There could also be some hidden clickable items in game that could raise certain people's meters as well.

I'm not sure if Richard is redeemable as tlaero suggested, especially considering some of the things you find out about him when snooping around. To me it seemed his wife was dissatisfied with the relationship and stayed in it due to financial reasons as much as she stayed in it due to her attraction to his dominant personality. He also seems to like showing off his wife and viewed her as an object as more of a person. I think for Richard his narcissism prevents him from looking at anyone beyond a tool for self gratification (which is ok for your antagonist and pretty much the point of the character). There could be a few scenes that Justin could stumble upon while exploring the house such as perhaps a scene between Richard, his wife and the maid (also possibly involving some bondage) and perhaps a scene in Richards office where Richard has a business associate over and shares his wife with him. This could build up the tension, as Justin could really see what kind of man Richard really is (and what Lisa or Tracy may have in store for them if they succumb to his charms). If in the process of Justin coming across these scenes he was doing something he wasn't supposed to, he wouldn't be in a position to tell anyone about them. Then, when Richard is being charming with Tracy or Lisa, it would ramp up the tension that Justin is feeling.

A minor idea I have is that Richard's security system could be wireless and that snooping in his office gives you the passcode to access it. Once you have it you can access it from your laptop or tablet (since you're a writer it would make sense that you would bring something like that) at your convenience. That way you can use the information you get from it for your own nefarious purposes for whoever you are trying to seduce instead of just being relegated to use it during a "voyeur" playthrough, as right now watching the cameras mean missing out on everything else going on in the home at those times.
TheGreatJoeGargery
lagoon predator

Postby DroopyLoving » Sun, 16Sep18 23:03

I noticed something today that has been bugging me...
I selected 'shared tracy' at the beginning which means Justin had a vasectomy, but I'm still able to impregnate Lisa.

It's possible that Lisa has been sleeping with other men of course, but in the related ending it says the baby is definitely Justin's.
DroopyLoving
great white shark

Postby iksanabot » Mon, 16Sep19 02:16

tlaero wrote:Oh la la.

Tlaero

Oh Tlaero, my dear lady... would I ever love to give you cause to release a heart-felt, heart-thumping "Oh la la".
iksanabot
star of the reef

Postby iksanabot » Mon, 16Sep19 02:18

DroopyLoving wrote:I noticed something today that has been bugging me...
I selected 'shared tracy' at the beginning which means Justin had a vasectomy, but I'm still able to impregnate Lisa.

It's possible that Lisa has been sleeping with other men of course, but in the related ending it says the baby is definitely Justin's.

I know. Someone on the blog caught it too. I didn't. It's a continuity error that I can easily fix with a line about Justin haven't his vasectomy reversed in anticipation of having a second kid with Tracy. It bugs me too, I will correct it in the expansion.
iksanabot
star of the reef

Postby iksanabot » Mon, 16Sep19 02:19

TheGreatJoeGargery wrote:The only think I have to say is that this is a great game and I hope this design gets expanded upon in your future games and used by others. All of tlaero's suggestions are awesome and I hope you manage to implement some of them. Many other people had some good suggestions as well. In regards to how exploring the house should work, I think Sensual Haunting from Sex & Glory had a pretty good handle on that type of mechanic and perhaps giving that game a once over may give you a few ideas on refining your system. I particularly liked the plane ride being where you made your decisions on what happened in the previous game. I like that statistic grinding was removed and that choices made in the game would determine if you had the statics to accomplish a certain task (like success in the arm wrestling scene in the stable being determined by a decision you made earlier).

My only major wish for an expansion would be the idea that many others had as well in that there would be the constant anxiety of Lisa or Tracy being seduced by Richard and that be prevalent throughout the entire game. I think the idea you had in regards to separate meters for everyone individually would work great, where you have to keep Lisa and Tracy's meters from falling too low while trying to raise everyone else's. There could also be some hidden clickable items in game that could raise certain people's meters as well.

I'm not sure if Richard is redeemable as tlaero suggested, especially considering some of the things you find out about him when snooping around. To me it seemed his wife was dissatisfied with the relationship and stayed in it due to financial reasons as much as she stayed in it due to her attraction to his dominant personality. He also seems to like showing off his wife and viewed her as an object as more of a person. I think for Richard his narcissism prevents him from looking at anyone beyond a tool for self gratification (which is ok for your antagonist and pretty much the point of the character). There could be a few scenes that Justin could stumble upon while exploring the house such as perhaps a scene between Richard, his wife and the maid (also possibly involving some bondage) and perhaps a scene in Richards office where Richard has a business associate over and shares his wife with him. This could build up the tension, as Justin could really see what kind of man Richard really is (and what Lisa or Tracy may have in store for them if they succumb to his charms). If in the process of Justin coming across these scenes he was doing something he wasn't supposed to, he wouldn't be in a position to tell anyone about them. Then, when Richard is being charming with Tracy or Lisa, it would ramp up the tension that Justin is feeling.

A minor idea I have is that Richard's security system could be wireless and that snooping in his office gives you the passcode to access it. Once you have it you can access it from your laptop or tablet (since you're a writer it would make sense that you would bring something like that) at your convenience. That way you can use the information you get from it for your own nefarious purposes for whoever you are trying to seduce instead of just being relegated to use it during a "voyeur" playthrough, as right now watching the cameras mean missing out on everything else going on in the home at those times.

I'll do my best, GreatJoeGargery. I really think I can address the major criticisms. We'll see I guess.
iks
iksanabot
star of the reef

PreviousNext

Return to Other sexy games