Living with Serena

These games are not complete and/or can be totally or partially reserved for paying members. Open a thread in this section is reserved for active members, read the rules before submit a game.

Re: Living with Serena

Postby LeeAnn » Thu, 15Aug27 01:12

I didn't mind all that much that there was a strict time contraint. It made you really think through which actions you choose to do.
What bothered me however is that I was very hard trying to get all 4 fantasies completed in one game. Eventuall I managed to get all four done in those 14 days, but I still have ending 2. It's a nice ending, and... somehow, this game is 5 times as romantic as certain hollywood movies, nevertheless, I really would've liked a different ending if you managed to include all 4 fantasies :D.

at any rate, otherwise I enjoyed it. Tomorrow I'll see what Nicole is about. apparently there is also an ending 3 and 4 with her.
LeeAnn
Pilot fish

sex: Masculine

Postby Stormy » Sun, 15Nov08 16:48

tlaero wrote:I finally played this, and I enjoyed it. I'm a fan of these games (I'll call them "RPG" to my "Adventure" games) and have always considered Leo to be the reigning king of them. I enjoy the strategic aspect to them, even if the strategy is pretty simple.

I guess there's a point where you say, "I'm tired of playing RPGs," but then you just go play some other games for a while. Really that's the same thing as not playing The Witcher too soon after Dragon Age, even though both are great games. I haven't played any of these since Eleanor, so maybe that's why I'm not as burned out on them as some of you folks seem to be.

I like that the shorter time frame in this one tightens it up. Fewer variables to raise, etc. Some earlier games had a more storyline reason for the time limit. It didn't make much "sense" here, though that's not the end of the world. It's a game after all. I agree with some of the posters here that I'd like a "free play" mode that removes the time limit, though. I wouldn't use it until around the 3rd play through, and I tend to only play these games around 2 times anyway, so it'd wouldn't really "detract."

I'm a fan of games where the goal is marital fidelity. It's fine if there are options to cheat, so long as I don't have to take them. This one did that well. I thought the writing and dialog was very good, as were the visuals. The overall story was maybe a bit simplistic, though not really more so than most erotic RPGs. There's room in this space for an RPG with a really interesting and involved story, though.

All in all, good stuff. Thanks for doing it Leo and company.

Tlaero

I think game writers should be more open minded.
Stormy
great white shark

sex: Female

Postby Greyelf » Mon, 15Nov09 00:11

Stormy wrote:I think game writers should be more open minded.

I am curious which game writers you think should be more open minded, because Tlaero comments could potentially include at least four sets. lol
a. Leo and company
b. The Witcher's developers
c. Dragon Age's developers
d. Tlaero herself
Greyelf
star of the reef

Postby Skelaturi » Mon, 15Nov09 05:02

Greyelf wrote:

I am curious which game writers you think should be more open minded, because Tlaero comments could potentially include at least four sets. lol
a. Leo and company
d. Tlaero herself

i think she means option e. All of them, like Tlaero did here. Giving her opinion aswell on a LOP game instead of only focussing on her own.

But thats my interpretation <<< typo's i know it
Doggy style (noun)
A sexual position which allows both participants to watch TV.
---
My weakness a deviant Redhead: http://the-new-lagoon.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=8&start=4425#p97335

--
Seen anything wrong, a typo, to ask, anything else? PM me.
Skelaturi

Postby Stormy » Tue, 15Nov10 14:00

Greyelf wrote:

a. Leo and company
d. Tlaero herself

well I meant about this one
"I'm a fan of games where the goal is marital fidelity. It's fine if there are options to cheat, so long as I don't have to take them"
sometimes cheating should be in games too. [img]images/icones/icon15.gif[/img]
and before you think something bad. no I don't cheat in real life.lol
Stormy
great white shark

Postby Guntag » Tue, 15Nov10 15:20

Stormy wrote:
Greyelf wrote:

a. Leo and company
d. Tlaero herself

"I'm a fan of games where the goal is marital fidelity. It's fine if there are options to cheat, so long as I don't have to take them"

I think game developpers should be free to make the games they want. What I don't like is people giving moral judgments on what should be or not in a game.
Guntag
lagoon predator

Postby Stormy » Tue, 15Nov10 22:17

Guntag wrote:
Stormy wrote:
Greyelf wrote:

a. Leo and company
d. Tlaero herself

I think game developpers should be free to make the games they want. What I don't like is people giving moral judgments on what should be or not in a game.

I would call it criticism.didn't mean to offend anyone.
of course it's true developers can make whatever they want, but they should be open minded instead of ignoring some aspects because of personal preferences. I am not saying it's a good thing or a bad thing as it's depend on the person. I just want to point out, when we are open minded instead of limited by our preferences. we can see something big and better picture and then we can make more better creations. the creativity isn't polished if you are restricted by cultural, religious, personal preferences. sometimes you have to try to know you really like it ,sometimes you have to see the full outcome to know you really like it. at the beginning we really don't know we really dislike it or not. so I would suggest just think for a moment and analyze your creativity by talking to yourself and trying to come up with a story then criticize it, watch movies, play some games,read some stories, play other visual novels and get the feedbacks from people and from your innerself and then start from there and be open minded then we can go to a better direction. I know you might say then you go ahead and do something if you are so pro. I am not saying I am pro or something, I am saying what I feel. I actually plan to do a visual novel so soon since I have some experience with daz and 3d modeling perhaps then I might be able to put my vision in it and see how it would be like.
Stormy
great white shark

Postby Guntag » Wed, 15Nov11 01:58

Stormy wrote:I actually plan to do a visual novel so soon since I have some experience with daz and 3d modeling perhaps then I might be able to put my vision in it and see how it would be like.

And I will defend you if people come and say this or that should or shouldn't be in your game !
Guntag
lagoon predator

Postby tlaero » Wed, 15Nov11 06:43

Stormy wrote:"I'm a fan of games where the goal is marital fidelity. It's fine if there are options to cheat, so long as I don't have to take them"
sometimes cheating should be in games too.

Well, first, I was saying that I enjoyed that I didn't have to cheat in this game. I explicitly called out that it was fine that cheating was an option, but that I appreciated that the developers didn't make me do it.

But I assume that your "open minded" comment was really saying that I should put cheating in my games.

I feel that there are more then enough games in this genre with ... open minded ... developers, such that people who enjoy that kind of thing, among others, are well served. The population that I feel has been under-served are people who want games about relationships with realistic people. So that's my niche. I'm gratified that others are starting to make such games as well and, to the degree that I had any influence on them, I'm happy to have played my part. But for every Brad's Erotic Week, Pandora, or Dreaming With Elsa, there are 100 games with beach ball breasted sluts who will happily do anal sex with you in an alley if you just touch their forearm and their cheek before you rip off their clothes. I'm sure there's no risk of my style of game driving the open minded ones out of the market.

When you decide to do your own game, make sure to check out the Adventure Creator thread in Projects. That's the tool that a number of us use to make our games, and we'd be happy to help you get going with it if you'd like.

Tlaero
tlaero
Lady Tlaero, games and coding expert

Postby Squeeky » Wed, 15Nov11 07:30

"Open minded"?
Looking at life around me I see things that are not of my preference but I am prepared to accept that others have a right to differ.
The only qualification that I'd make is that "their right to differ" is within legal frameworks.

Let us not cloud the "Living with Serena" thread with debating points of view here any longer, please open a thread at "The beach" if you wish to continue those thoughts.
Squeaky is clean, I'm just a tad messy!
Squeeky
Spirit of the oceans

Postby Guntag » Wed, 15Nov11 16:14

tlaero wrote:
Stormy wrote:But for every Brad's Erotic Week, Pandora, or Dreaming With Elsa, there are 100 games with beach ball breasted sluts who will happily do anal sex with you in an alley if you just touch their forearm and their cheek before you rip off their clothes.

I wish :)

But I also like your games !
Guntag
lagoon predator

Postby Chris.Chris » Sun, 15Dec13 23:14

Does anyone know what the winter is coming achieve is and how to get it?

it's the only one I can't seem to get.
Chris.Chris
sirens hunter

Postby Pennel » Mon, 15Dec14 08:51

Chris.Chris wrote:Does anyone know what the winter is coming achieve is and how to get it?

it's the only one I can't seem to get.

It's been a while , but I think you just keep giving her ice cream until you get it.
Pennel
great white shark

Postby Chris.Chris » Mon, 15Dec14 09:33

Ah that makes sense Pennel. I thought she was giving a blowjob in the icon for that achievement, but then thought. With ice cream? Now that might hurt XD and be very cold.

Does anyone know if there are any special achievements or galleries for completing all the achievements?
Chris.Chris
sirens hunter

Postby panther50 » Mon, 15Dec14 14:17

Chris.Chris wrote:Ah that makes sense Pennel. I thought she was giving a blowjob in the icon for that achievement, but then thought. With ice cream? Now that might hurt XD and be very cold.

Does anyone know if there are any special achievements or galleries for completing all the achievements?

sorry to disappoint..but there i no bonus gallery
panther50
panther50
great white shark

PreviousNext

Return to Other sexy games